St. Louis Cardinals

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So is anyone else here a St. Louis Cardinals fan? El Hombre is ON FIRE early in this year, and right behind him is Luddy and Molina. This year is shaping up nicely, and only more good is to be seen.

I want to see someone of our rookie talent take over Wellemeyers spot for a while. Wellemeyer is a good pitcher, but he always has to warm up into the season... we cannot just throw away wins this way while he finds his groove. I would like to see PJ Walters a few more times before we pidgeon hole him into relief.

Adams

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i am not but i will say this. i was in St. Louis this last weekend when they played the Cubs. and that town loves it's Cards. i was in a Chili's for dinner and it was loud, not just in the bar either, come to think of it, there was no one in the bar yet. the people in the regular seats were loud. here in Chicago you don't see that a lot. sometimes at sports bars a couple of people get load but not like that....i'm not a cubs or sox fan but i wonder if the cards fans are like that cause theres only one team in St Louis, where as Chicago has two.......you never know if your going to offend someone if your rooting for a different team up here. its like when you see a Green Bay fan around football season.....man, those fans are taking there lives in their own hands coming down here when the bears are playing them..

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i am not but i will say this. i was in St. Louis this last weekend when they played the Cubs. and that town loves it's Cards. i was in a Chili's for dinner and it was loud, not just in the bar either, come to think of it, there was no one in the bar yet. the people in the regular seats were loud. here in Chicago you don't see that a lot. sometimes at sports bars a couple of people get load but not like that....i'm not a cubs or sox fan but i wonder if the cards fans are like that cause theres only one team in St Louis, where as Chicago has two.......you never know if your going to offend someone if your rooting for a different team up here. its like when you see a Green Bay fan around football season.....man, those fans are taking there lives in their own hands coming down here when the bears are playing them..
Haha... Normally Cards fans are pretty respectful of other teams fans here. I have seen some back and forth at times though. I think people are die hard red here because of the cards such rich history, not to mention the abundance of World Series. But yeah.... being down town when a game is on is just a different experience all together, this is definitely a baseball town all around. The atmosphere is just electrifying.

Adams

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Haha... Normally Cards fans are pretty respectful of other teams fans here. I have seen some back and forth at times though. I think people are die hard red here because of the cards such rich history, not to mention the abundance of World Series. But yeah.... being down town when a game is on is just a different experience all together, this is definitely a baseball town all around. The atmosphere is just electrifying.

Adams
oh yea. don't get me wrong here....i liked it, the energy the resturant crowd had. it was awesome. i was just not used to it......normally you see that "up here" during the playoffs or something not this early in the season......of course we do have the Cubs, the team that will never win a pennant

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh yea. don't get me wrong here....i liked it, the energy the resturant crowd had. it was awesome. i was just not used to it......normally you see that "up here" during the playoffs or something not this early in the season......of course we do have the Cubs, the team that will never win a pennant
Ah... Our rivals.
Cubs do have some heart though... every year they think they are going all the way.... then nothing.

Cubs are the Yank's of the NL, but without the pennants.

Adams

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Ah... Our rivals.
Cubs do have some heart though... every year they think they are going all the way.... then nothing.

Cubs are the Yank's of the NL, but without the pennants.

Adams
easy there.......i'm a Yank's fan, and i live in Chicago, that should tell you how dangerous i am......(kidding)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
easy there.......i'm a Yank's fan, and i live in Chicago, that should tell you how dangerous i am......(kidding)
At least the yank's have pulled a few pennants out of their 400M a year budget.

Money doesn't produce a cohesive team... proof comes from CC Sabathia's over paid contract.

Adams

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah...born in raised down there...live up in Chicago now...but I'm still supporting redbirds...F the Cubs

trayhawk

trayhawk

Awards
huge cardinal fan my whole life. Carepenter out, making an outfielder into a second baseman, etc. La Russa and DUncan are just phenomenal in terms of getting the absolute most of their teams.

Pujols IS LORD

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
huge cardinal fan my whole life. Carepenter out, making an outfielder into a second baseman, etc. La Russa and DUncan are just phenomenal in terms of getting the absolute most of their teams.

Pujols IS LORD
AMEN. Living in this era to watch El Hombre is amazing.

I love seeing a rookie line up. Think Franklin will hold onto the closer role this year?

Adams

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pujols is a quite an athlete. No doubt about it.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Franklin will problaby implode soon here, he has been lights out lately. Was hoping Motte could have held down the fort.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Franklin will problaby implode soon here, he has been lights out lately. Was hoping Motte could have held down the fort.
Me too... I like Motte's character. He is a fast paced pitcher, something you don't see to often in the big leagues now. I hate when pitchers take their sweet time to take 10 minutes a hitter. Unfortunately Motte wasn't ready for opening day. I didn't think it was right to put a rookie in a close situation on opening day anyway. But right now Franklin is shutting the door, and I really hope he stays that way. But if last year is any inkling, then he will be hot at first, then lose it. Everyone screams perez for closer, but he doesn't have the movement and control Motte is attaining, and Motte can throw just as hard.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pujols is a quite an athlete. No doubt about it.
Pujols is THE baseball athlete of this generation. But also an actual fine human being to boot. I am glad he is playing with us instead of against us.

Not to mention, I love that he is a Cubs killer, specifically Zambrano! :D

Adams

cubbiesfan

Awards
We all know the Cubs are going to take the Central this season! LOL all in good sports guys

cubbiesfan

Awards
Although, Pujols is a BEAST I must admit. I have him on my fantasy team :)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We all know the Cubs are going to take the Central this season! LOL all in good sports guys
Oh no doubt.. i love the Cards/Cubs rivalry... it the best in baseball no doubt. And usually if you go to the others field you get treated pretty respectfully. Which is not something I can say for most other teams home field.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh man... what a great series. Cards vs. Cubs.

**Singing**
How sweet it is to be swept by the cards! :D

Man, Piniero, Waino and Carp were ON FIRE! Seeing a spark in these pitchers is AMAZING... of course not to leave out good old El' Hombre having a knack for going the long ball in the first inning!

Adams

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
"Cubs fan" and "respectful" can never be accurately used in the same sentence.

:rant2: <- This is what every Cub fan is doing inside Busch Stadium.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Cubs fan" and "respectful" can never be accurately used in the same sentence.

:rant2: <- This is what every Cub fan is doing inside Busch Stadium.
:D :D

When I was leaving, I grabbed a janitors broom and started sweeping Busch stadium.... oh man was that great. All in good fun, but man, did it piss people off.

Adams

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
Reds fan here. Yea I know, we suck. But if it wasn't for Pujols id hate the Cards. But you all will probably win the Central. Anyone but the Cubs.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reds fan here. Yea I know, we suck. But if it wasn't for Pujols id hate the Cards. But you all will probably win the Central. Anyone but the Cubs.
Reds are a hard hitting team this year. I wouldnt discount them yet. I would like to win the central, but the brew crew has to hit a skid. The cubs wont win the central this year for sure. There are to many type A personalities on that team to be lead by Lou Pinella. Milton Bradley was probably the worst pickup they have had in a long time.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
F*ck you, DA, you and your f*cking Cards! :rasp:
I am sorry IL... I cannot hear you over my two handfuls of championship rings that are just clanking while I walk. I ain't my fault the last cubbies championship was before the flight of man! :dunno::borladuck::borladuck:

Adams :wave2:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Reds are a hard hitting team this year. I wouldnt discount them yet. I would like to win the central, but the brew crew has to hit a skid. The cubs wont with the central this year for sure. There are to many type A personalities on that team to be lead by Lou Pinella. Milton Bradley was probably the worst pickup they have had in a long time.

Adams
I hate that we let Mark DeRosa go... what a dumb ass mistake! K. Wood should have stayed as well; although, I don't think a closer role is right for him. Too bad him and Prior could not stay healthy.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate that we let Mark DeRosa go... what a dumb ass mistake! K. Wood should have stayed as well; although, I don't think a closer role is right for him. Too bad him and Prior could not stay healthy.
Its funny, cause DeRosa is on the market again... probably one of your worst mistakes! I wish the cards would pick him up, since we are a black hole on 3rd... with Glaus a question mark, and the youth not producing there, there needs to be some big epiphany. I personally would like to see last years draft Brett Wallace (The Walrus) get a chance, he produces at the bat, his glove is something to be desired, but put someone with range like Ankiel behind him and he is golden, since I think Rasmus should stay our perm CF.

Adams

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
D. Rose was studly last year (no homo). With all that stress of selling the team, they were bound to make some mistakes in the offseason. I think they should have dealt Zambrano earlier in his career. Too overrated IMO.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Its funny, cause DeRosa is on the market again... probably one of your worst mistakes! I wish the cards would pick him up, since we are a black hole on 3rd... with Glaus a question mark, and the youth not producing there, there needs to be some big epiphany. I personally would like to see last years draft Brett Wallace (The Walrus) get a chance, he produces at the bat, his glove is something to be desired, but put someone with range like Ankiel behind him and he is golden, since I think Rasmus should stay our perm CF.

Adams
Ankiel's arm is too valuable to leave him in Left. He is actually one of my favorite players, even if he did juice.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
D. Rose was studly last year (no homo). With all that stress of selling the team, they were bound to make some mistakes in the offseason. I think they should have dealt Zambrano earlier in his career. Too overrated IMO.
Agreed, Big Z can hit for a pitcher, but he doesn't have all the talent people keep screaming about... he can throw hard, but movement isn't there like it should be.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ankiel's arm is too valuable to leave him in Left. He is actually one of my favorite players, even if he did juice.
Rasmus has a hell of an arm as well, and good range and speed, really they are interchangable. I honestly don't care which one goes where, but I think Rasmus is doing to well in that spot to move him, he is a Jim Edmonds a decade ago with an evolving bat.

Adams

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
Yea the hitting has come on as of late, but its the pitching that has to get them there. The young guys are great, but I just wanna punch Harang. How did he ever get the 1 spot?? AND we have a pitcher who is one of the best hitters on the team. Dusty Baker is worthless to. Weve got a good small ball team, with a little more speed, and he still sets up the order for HR. At least the Central is tight this year. It wasnt long into last year when it just didnt matter anymore.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea the hitting has come on as of late, but its the pitching that has to get them there. The young guys are great, but I just wanna punch Harang. How did he ever get the 1 spot?? AND we have a pitcher who is one of the best hitters on the team. Dusty Baker is worthless to. Weve got a good small ball team, with a little more speed, and he still sets up the order for HR. At least the Central is tight this year. It wasnt long into last year when it just didnt matter anymore.
I honestly dont know why anyone ever picked up Dusty Baker. He is terrible, and extremely shady to boot. He undercuts the spirit of the game with cheap shots left and right. Reds have a good farm system, but front office needs to go.

Adams

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Rasmus has good talent. Too many people are quick to judge rookies in their first 40 games but I can see him and Shafer from ATL putting up some good web gems and numbers over the next decade.

How about franklin this year? :wtf:

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Johnny Cueto FTW!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rasmus has good talent. Too many people are quick to judge rookies in their first 40 games but I can see him and Shafer from ATL putting up some good web gems and numbers over the next decade.

How about franklin this year? :wtf:
He was hot at first when he took that roll last year. Then crashed, I hope he hold on through the season. I like franklin because he isn't flashy, doesn't have astronomical speed, just good solid pitching, with plenty of movement.

What about Piniero... he gets a damn ground ball EVERY PITCH... the last game was simply amazing. Finished them off in 2 hours 5 minutes. He has drastically changed his game from his mediocre last year.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Pineiro has learned how to pitch. He used to try and fireball everything in his seattle days. Lohse is another starter that is underrated. I don't see the Cards slowing up this year if Carpenter can just look at every pitch when he bats :lol: and their bullpen stay solid. El Hombre for MVP this year!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pineiro has learned how to pitch. He used to try and fireball everything in his seattle days. Lohse is another starter that is underrated. I don't see the Cards slowing up this year if Carpenter can just look at every pitch when he bats :lol: and their bullpen stay solid. El Hombre for MVP this year!
El Hombre was rated Best player in the MLB... CRAZY. Lohse has turned around his mediocre career to be a early to middle of the lineup starter... Dave Duncan was good for him... How about Waino turning it around, night and day.

trayhawk

trayhawk

Awards
Oh man... what a great series. Cards vs. Cubs.

**Singing**
How sweet it is to be swept by the cards! :D

Man, Piniero, Waino and Carp were ON FIRE! Seeing a spark in these pitchers is AMAZING... of course not to leave out good old El' Hombre having a knack for going the long ball in the first inning!

Adams
Phenomenal Indeed. I swear when carpenter is healthy the whole team takes on a different persona. Ever notice whenever carp has been out how surly and difficult la russa is in the post game interview - sometimes regardless of if we win or not? Have you seen him since we got carp back? He's smile and made jokes for the love of god! I didn't know he had teeth!

It IS great to see Waino pitching like he is. He's been my favorite non-pujols player since 2006 when he showed nerves and mental toughness of steel. Not a coincidence that he gives mucho credit to carpenter. Regarding this, prior to his stellar performance saturday he and carpenter had a discussion/video viewing session so carp could give some suggestions. The results speak for themselves. Moreover, carp most recently met with wellemeyer to help him out - next start NO RUNS 6 innings, fastball hitting 94!

Chris Carpenter's importance to the Cardinals success cannot be underestimated.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh man... did anyone see those moon shots last night by Pujols? Grand Slam number 2 for the year. INSANE... you just cannot pitch to that guy, he is way to dangerous... then another dinger later.

Great time to be taking in the phenom.

Adams

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Oh man... did anyone see those moon shots last night by Pujols? Grand Slam number 2 for the year. INSANE... you just cannot pitch to that guy, he is way to dangerous... then another dinger later.

Great time to be taking in the phenom.

Adams
Pujols is not human, he is something else and is on a different level all himself....that is all. :biglaugh:

Cheers!:cheers:

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Game 1 vs. Mets - Pujols... contained. Hit into a huge double play in the 8th inning. :)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Game 1 vs. Mets - Pujols... contained. Hit into a huge double play in the 8th inning. :)
Gamd 1 vs. Mets... Wellemeyer on the mound, not a winning situation in the least. Though you did give Brendan Ryan his first homerun of the year. I am looking forward to the Santana/Carp matchup. Cause man that Carp can pitch.

I do love the mets though, still all but hurt about Yadi! :D

Adams

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Tim Redding started so the matchup was pretty much even. Redding hit his spots and threw strikes. Pitched a good game aside from that 2 out 2 run HR.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tim Redding started so the matchup was pretty much even. Redding hit his spots and threw strikes. Pitched a good game aside from that 2 out 2 run HR.
He has a much more level play though. Wellemeyer is hot one game, then TERRIBLE the next 5. The only reason he has wins to his name is because the offense was able to produce big time behind him. He should be Bullpen, nothing more.

Also gave Brendan Ryan a dinger, first of the year, and a career of like 4 total.

Adams

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
I have no problem with throwing meatballs to AAA hitters. Just as long as they're careful with Pujols. Don't let him beat ya.

bdmcleod

Awards
I love the Cards, but I don't see them in the playoffs with their current left side of the infield. Unless Khalil Greene has fixed whatever major issue he had. Which he may have considering his 2 hrs and a double against the royals.
Carp vs. santana is going to be great.
And yeah, Pujols has been insane this year. Which is good because he's about all we have had for offense. He has a legit shot at the triple crown this year. I think he's 1st in hrs, 1st in rbi's, and top ten in ba.

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
Greene doesn't look comfortable at 3B. But the more he plays there the better he'll get, you hope.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the Cards, but I don't see them in the playoffs with their current left side of the infield. Unless Khalil Greene has fixed whatever major issue he had. Which he may have considering his 2 hrs and a double against the royals.
Carp vs. santana is going to be great.
And yeah, Pujols has been insane this year. Which is good because he's about all we have had for offense. He has a legit shot at the triple crown this year. I think he's 1st in hrs, 1st in rbi's, and top ten in ba.
Yup.... .20 back from the highest BA. If he matched his career BA, he would just be in the lead. Greenes waking up finally, he covers 3rd nicely, and I like Ryan at short (He is contact, and just acrobatic on the field). I like seeing schu at 2nd, but really think we need a brighter 2nd, shu's arm needs to be in OF. Rasmus should retain CF, and Ankiel should take Dunc's spot in the line up, rotating with Luddy, until one of them shows a long lasting hot bat.

Cards have the make up for the play offs, they are becoming more refined, but there needs to be something added. Starting pitching needs to be healthy, move in Thompson for Wellemeyer, and if Pineiro doesnt find his sinker, move in boggs.

Adams

Last edited: