St. Louis Cardinals

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Yea the hitting has come on as of late, but its the pitching that has to get them there. The young guys are great, but I just wanna punch Harang. How did he ever get the 1 spot?? AND we have a pitcher who is one of the best hitters on the team. Dusty Baker is worthless to. Weve got a good small ball team, with a little more speed, and he still sets up the order for HR. At least the Central is tight this year. It wasnt long into last year when it just didnt matter anymore.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
    Yea the hitting has come on as of late, but its the pitching that has to get them there. The young guys are great, but I just wanna punch Harang. How did he ever get the 1 spot?? AND we have a pitcher who is one of the best hitters on the team. Dusty Baker is worthless to. Weve got a good small ball team, with a little more speed, and he still sets up the order for HR. At least the Central is tight this year. It wasnt long into last year when it just didnt matter anymore.
    I honestly dont know why anyone ever picked up Dusty Baker. He is terrible, and extremely shady to boot. He undercuts the spirit of the game with cheap shots left and right. Reds have a good farm system, but front office needs to go.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   
       


  3. Rasmus has good talent. Too many people are quick to judge rookies in their first 40 games but I can see him and Shafer from ATL putting up some good web gems and numbers over the next decade.

    How about franklin this year?
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  4. Quote Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
    Yea the hitting has come on as of late, but its the pitching that has to get them there. The young guys are great, but I just wanna punch Harang. How did he ever get the 1 spot?? AND we have a pitcher who is one of the best hitters on the team. Dusty Baker is worthless to. Weve got a good small ball team, with a little more speed, and he still sets up the order for HR. At least the Central is tight this year. It wasnt long into last year when it just didnt matter anymore.
    Johnny Cueto FTW!
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  5. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Rasmus has good talent. Too many people are quick to judge rookies in their first 40 games but I can see him and Shafer from ATL putting up some good web gems and numbers over the next decade.

    How about franklin this year?
    He was hot at first when he took that roll last year. Then crashed, I hope he hold on through the season. I like franklin because he isn't flashy, doesn't have astronomical speed, just good solid pitching, with plenty of movement.

    What about Piniero... he gets a damn ground ball EVERY PITCH... the last game was simply amazing. Finished them off in 2 hours 5 minutes. He has drastically changed his game from his mediocre last year.
    The Historic PES Legend

  6. Pineiro has learned how to pitch. He used to try and fireball everything in his seattle days. Lohse is another starter that is underrated. I don't see the Cards slowing up this year if Carpenter can just look at every pitch when he bats and their bullpen stay solid. El Hombre for MVP this year!
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  7. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Pineiro has learned how to pitch. He used to try and fireball everything in his seattle days. Lohse is another starter that is underrated. I don't see the Cards slowing up this year if Carpenter can just look at every pitch when he bats and their bullpen stay solid. El Hombre for MVP this year!
    El Hombre was rated Best player in the MLB... CRAZY. Lohse has turned around his mediocre career to be a early to middle of the lineup starter... Dave Duncan was good for him... How about Waino turning it around, night and day.
    The Historic PES Legend

  8. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Oh man... what a great series. Cards vs. Cubs.

    **Singing**
    How sweet it is to be swept by the cards!

    Man, Piniero, Waino and Carp were ON FIRE! Seeing a spark in these pitchers is AMAZING... of course not to leave out good old El' Hombre having a knack for going the long ball in the first inning!

    Adams
    Phenomenal Indeed. I swear when carpenter is healthy the whole team takes on a different persona. Ever notice whenever carp has been out how surly and difficult la russa is in the post game interview - sometimes regardless of if we win or not? Have you seen him since we got carp back? He's smile and made jokes for the love of god! I didn't know he had teeth!

    It IS great to see Waino pitching like he is. He's been my favorite non-pujols player since 2006 when he showed nerves and mental toughness of steel. Not a coincidence that he gives mucho credit to carpenter. Regarding this, prior to his stellar performance saturday he and carpenter had a discussion/video viewing session so carp could give some suggestions. The results speak for themselves. Moreover, carp most recently met with wellemeyer to help him out - next start NO RUNS 6 innings, fastball hitting 94!

    Chris Carpenter's importance to the Cardinals success cannot be underestimated.

  9. Oh man... did anyone see those moon shots last night by Pujols? Grand Slam number 2 for the year. INSANE... you just cannot pitch to that guy, he is way to dangerous... then another dinger later.

    Great time to be taking in the phenom.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  10. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Oh man... did anyone see those moon shots last night by Pujols? Grand Slam number 2 for the year. INSANE... you just cannot pitch to that guy, he is way to dangerous... then another dinger later.

    Great time to be taking in the phenom.

    Adams
    Pujols is not human, he is something else and is on a different level all himself....that is all.

    Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
    •   
       


  11. Game 1 vs. Mets - Pujols... contained. Hit into a huge double play in the 8th inning.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Droppingloads View Post
    Game 1 vs. Mets - Pujols... contained. Hit into a huge double play in the 8th inning.
    Gamd 1 vs. Mets... Wellemeyer on the mound, not a winning situation in the least. Though you did give Brendan Ryan his first homerun of the year. I am looking forward to the Santana/Carp matchup. Cause man that Carp can pitch.

    I do love the mets though, still all but hurt about Yadi!

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  13. Tim Redding started so the matchup was pretty much even. Redding hit his spots and threw strikes. Pitched a good game aside from that 2 out 2 run HR.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Droppingloads View Post
    Tim Redding started so the matchup was pretty much even. Redding hit his spots and threw strikes. Pitched a good game aside from that 2 out 2 run HR.
    He has a much more level play though. Wellemeyer is hot one game, then TERRIBLE the next 5. The only reason he has wins to his name is because the offense was able to produce big time behind him. He should be Bullpen, nothing more.

    Also gave Brendan Ryan a dinger, first of the year, and a career of like 4 total.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  15. I have no problem with throwing meatballs to AAA hitters. Just as long as they're careful with Pujols. Don't let him beat ya.

  16. I love the Cards, but I don't see them in the playoffs with their current left side of the infield. Unless Khalil Greene has fixed whatever major issue he had. Which he may have considering his 2 hrs and a double against the royals.
    Carp vs. santana is going to be great.
    And yeah, Pujols has been insane this year. Which is good because he's about all we have had for offense. He has a legit shot at the triple crown this year. I think he's 1st in hrs, 1st in rbi's, and top ten in ba.

  17. Greene doesn't look comfortable at 3B. But the more he plays there the better he'll get, you hope.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by bdmcleod View Post
    I love the Cards, but I don't see them in the playoffs with their current left side of the infield. Unless Khalil Greene has fixed whatever major issue he had. Which he may have considering his 2 hrs and a double against the royals.
    Carp vs. santana is going to be great.
    And yeah, Pujols has been insane this year. Which is good because he's about all we have had for offense. He has a legit shot at the triple crown this year. I think he's 1st in hrs, 1st in rbi's, and top ten in ba.
    Yup.... .20 back from the highest BA. If he matched his career BA, he would just be in the lead. Greenes waking up finally, he covers 3rd nicely, and I like Ryan at short (He is contact, and just acrobatic on the field). I like seeing schu at 2nd, but really think we need a brighter 2nd, shu's arm needs to be in OF. Rasmus should retain CF, and Ankiel should take Dunc's spot in the line up, rotating with Luddy, until one of them shows a long lasting hot bat.

    Cards have the make up for the play offs, they are becoming more refined, but there needs to be something added. Starting pitching needs to be healthy, move in Thompson for Wellemeyer, and if Pineiro doesnt find his sinker, move in boggs.

    Adams
    Last edited by DAdams91982; 06-23-2009 at 11:20 PM.
    The Historic PES Legend

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Droppingloads View Post
    Greene doesn't look comfortable at 3B. But the more he plays there the better he'll get, you hope.
    Was his natural position, that is where he looks most comfortable.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Droppingloads View Post
    I have no problem with throwing meatballs to AAA hitters. Just as long as they're careful with Pujols. Don't let him beat ya.
    I bet you said that same phrase in the 2006 NLCS.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  21. MAN... So as I wished in an earlier post... Piniero found his sinker and just stunned the Mets hitting lineup. Two hit shutout for Piniero.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  22. I missed the game but yeah, shutout. Blows.

  23. Wasted effort by Livan. 7IP and only 2ER...will take that everytime from a starter. He put the Mets in position to win, but (like almost every Johan start) they didn't capitalize at the dish.

    (This is the part where I complain about not having Beltran, Reyes or Delgado in the lineup)

  24. Word. It's frustrating watching their B team everyday struggling to score runs in key spots.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Droppingloads View Post
    Word. It's frustrating watching their B team everyday struggling to score runs in key spots.
    Yeah, but this is an every year occurrence for each and every team. Starter pitcher goes down, then a big bat, then a top fielder. Happens every year, it is how the team does with them gone is what ends up making the year.
    The Historic PES Legend

  26. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Yeah, but this is an every year occurrence for each and every team. Starter pitcher goes down, then a big bat, then a top fielder. Happens every year, it is how the team does with them gone is what ends up making the year.
    Normally, I'd agree...injuries happen to every team, in every sport.

    BUT, we're talking about Carlos Beltran, John Maine, Jose Reyes, Olliver Perez, Carlos Delgado, JJ Putz, Brian Schneider and Ryan Church ALL spending significant time on the DL this year. That's pretty much EVERY key player we have besides Wright/Johan/KRod.

    It's infinitely frustrating.

  27. Yeah like JW said, they have 3 guys from their real team playing right now.

    Wright, Castillo, Church. The rest of them are backups. Don't tell me that happens to every team.

  28. Not to whine or anything though...it is what it is, a cataclysmic combination of injuries to almost every major player on the roster. Just a freak type year I guess.

    Takes nothing away from the Cards. They're in 1st place for a reason.

    Albert Pujols is the best non-asterisk hitter I've ever seen in my lifetime.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Droppingloads View Post
    Yeah like JW said, they have 3 guys from their real team playing right now.

    Wright, Castillo, Church. The rest of them are backups. Don't tell me that happens to every team.
    It does... every team.

    Cardinals this year:
    Carpenter, Ludwick, Ankiel, Freese, Glaus, Lohse, Greene, Ryan.

    Last year:
    Carpenter, Pujols, Ludwick, Ankiel, Pineiro, Wainwright, Izzy, Molina. Can't remember the rest.

    if you want to get technical, the cardinals whole team right now is rookies, and were backups... but yet were are first in the division. It sucks big time, i mean a pulled finger took down our ace starter last year. Gotta press on though.
    The Historic PES Legend

  30. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Last year:
    Carpenter, Pujols, Ludwick, Ankiel, Pineiro, Wainwright, Izzy, Molina. Can't remember the rest..
    Right.....and you placed 4th in your division.



    I'll be happy if the Amazins can stay within 4 games or less of the Phils while we're playing with our B/C team. Hopefully Reyes/Beltran/Delgado/Maine/Putz get back on the field soon so we can make up some ground in the East.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. St. Louis Cardinals Offseason
    By DAdams91982 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 01:15 PM
  2. St. Louis Cardinals Discussion
    By DAdams91982 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 06:51 PM
  3. Cardinals acruire Larry Walker
    By the_destroyer55 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 03:00 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 02:40 AM
Log in
Log in