Cutler going to Bears

  1. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0

    Cutler going to Bears


    The Chicago Bears pulled the big upset Thursday afternoon by acquiring Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, a source told ESPN.com.

    The Broncos confirmed the move.

    Terms of the trade weren't immediately available, but the Bears had to beat out the Redskins, Buccaneers, Lions, Titans and other teams to get land the 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback.

    The Broncos had been asking for at least two first-round choices.

    Cutler asked to be traded when he found out first-year coach Josh McDaniels tried to acquire Matt Cassel in a trade with the Patriots.

    Cutler had not returned phone calls from the Broncos, according to the team, and had been staying away from the offseason program.

    John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,353
    Answers
    0

    Wow good move for the bears

  3. Registered User
    nemo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    Answers
    0

    That's been a sore spot for Da Bears for some time. I'm aware Grossman had that good year,.. but this should help the Bears immensely!!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Answers
    0

    great move by the bears.
  5. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0

    ......
    To acquire Cutler, the Bears had to give up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 and 2010, a source said.

    To complete the trade, the Broncos had to give back a third-round pick in 2009.
  6. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0

    I was hoping they would send his ass to Detroit.

    The Bears is a nice landing spot for Cutler
  7. Registered User
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Answers
    0

    oh, HELL YEA......watch Chi-Town this year! GD, we haven't had a quarterback i like.....forever
  8. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Delta Force's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,791
    Answers
    0

    good move for Cutler, broncos will suck this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  9. NutraPlanet Rep
    Board Sponsor
    MrBigPR's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,619
    Answers
    0

    Devin Hester is going to have one hell of an upcoming season...draft him in your fantasy leagues
  10. Registered User
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    997
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    oh, HELL YEA......watch Chi-Town this year! GD, we haven't had a quarterback i like.....forever
    i can never remember a good qb in chicago...jim mcmahaon had a super bowl win..but that team was built on def. and one...walter payton
  11. Registered User
    johnnyjuice's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    621
    Answers
    0

    yea good move bears,but i was hoping he was coming here to the redskins!
  12. Registered User
    sportsfan4110's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    77
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Devin Hester is going to have one hell of an upcoming season...draft him in your fantasy leagues
    good call bro...
  13. Registered User
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Answers
    0

    Uh. Who the **** doesnt want the Sex Cannon shooting balls into the 14th row.
  14. Registered User
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    i can never remember a good qb in chicago...jim mcmahaon had a super bowl win..but that team was built on def. and one...walter payton
    scary, i said the exact same thing to a buddy yesterday after reading this. and your right, we've never had a good one, we've had "ok" qb's but not a solid one. Chicago is not known for that, we're known for our D-fence not exactly o-fence. Sure we've had some good receivers and a couple of Devin Hester's in the past but not a strong person in the driver's seat at the qb position. and if Jim McMahaon never won the superbowl, he would be just another one of the countless qb disappointments we've seen over the years.......this will be interesting.
  15. Registered User
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,114
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    i can never remember a good qb in chicago...jim mcmahaon had a super bowl win..but that team was built on def. and one...walter payton
    Jimmy Mac was their last pro bowl QB way back in 1985. Since he left the team they've had 23! Most of any team in the league in that time frame. Crazy thing is Cutlers 2008 season stats would have destroyed about 5 Bears single season passing records. He is easily the most talented QB to ever play for the Bears when he finally does. I'm stoked and I about busted a nut when I heard the news.


    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,7382832.story
  16. Registered User
    maurice02's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    948
    Answers
    0

    I like cutler....and I think the bears will benefit from him......but he is just too much of a primadonna.

    And honestly, I think that there are far fewer good receivers on the bears team than on the broncos......just my opinion.

    Denver better get a running game going on this year. I mean last year they lost practically everyone. And to boot they have orton, who I wouldn't say is bad....but you know.
  17. Registered User
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,114
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by maurice02 View Post
    I like cutler....and I think the bears will benefit from him......but he is just too much of a primadonna.
    Most athletes these days are. Especially quarterbacks. Personally I want my QB to be cocky and think he's good as long as he is good and Cutler is.
  18. Registered User
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Answers
    0

    everyone is all over cutler for being pissed. How would you feel if you were a top performer in your area and your new boss came in and tried to get rid of you right away? There's gonna be animosity there for a lot of people of all walks of life in that situation, it just happens to be news with cutler

  19. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Answers
    0

    Denver ranked 28th in Defense last year. Which is absolutely pathetic considering for much of the season they were in the playoff hunt. All this with injuries on offense that made they dig down to the 9th running back on the depth chart (if there is such a thing), Brandon Marshall battling nagging injuries and off the field stuff, no Travis Henry (is he in jail?), and a pretty challenging schedule, no more Javon Walker, and a inexperienced yet promising rookie Eddie Royal turned 1st option... yet Cutler kept them fighting all year.

    as Denver fans told me, the off-season was to focus specifically on Defense - especially the front 7. So in comes McDaniels and he feels the QB was the problem. He secretly shoots for Cassell and now they have Orton (or Simms) as their starter - a locker room that will be divided. Nice start coach.

    It's a shame because I love Brian Dawkins and he left Philly to join a major contender. This team will be out of the race by week 7.

    Broncos fans are still irate, for a few days its popular to get behind the buzz and hate on Jay Cutler and call him names and play the blame game... fact of the matter is, the team is ruined and it's McDaniels' fault.

    these young coaches don't get it, especially the ones that have never played sports at a competitive level. McDaniels was a non-starter at WR for 3 years for John Carroll University. He went to John Carroll to play QB, but wasn't good enough to even be the backup. Not saying that hiring a old stale recycled coach (see Norv Turner) is any better, but come on...
  20. Registered User
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,114
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    everyone is all over cutler for being pissed. How would you feel if you were a top performer in your area and your new boss came in and tried to get rid of you right away? There's gonna be animosity there for a lot of people of all walks of life in that situation, it just happens to be news with cutler

    You know whats funny is you never heard anything bad about him until this crap with McDanials happened. I would be pissed as well. Why would you want to play for a team that doesn't want you and lied to you?? I wouldn't.
  21. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    You know whats funny is you never heard anything bad about him until this crap with McDanials happened. I would be pissed as well. Why would you want to play for a team that doesn't want you and lied to you?? I wouldn't.
    Well tell me what did you hear about him?

    Was it his playoff wins?
    How about winning record?

    Well, he won 0 playoff games, and he was 17-20 as a starter.
    What you can expect from him, is interceptions.
    In 2006 he played 5 games and threw 5 interceptions, 2007 16 games and 14 interceptions, and last season 16 games 18 interceptions.

    He reminds me of Brett Favre. Strong arm, and you either win with him or lose because of him.

    The Broncos defense did suck, and Cutler didn't help by turning the ball over like he did, as well as his inability to score in the red zone. A lot of his touchdowns was thanks to his receivers making things happen.

    Also, John Elway never had a great defense.

    The bottom line, I was never a big Cutler fan. Enjoy Chicago.
  22. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    everyone is all over cutler for being pissed. How would you feel if you were a top performer in your area and your new boss came in and tried to get rid of you right away? There's gonna be animosity there for a lot of people of all walks of life in that situation, it just happens to be news with cutler

    Yeah poor guy. People lose their jobs for the lack of performance everyday, but a million dollar athlete that hasn't won anything has his feelings hurt because a new coach wanted someone who he was familiar with, and new his system...

    In addition, he isn't the first player to be ever involved in trade rumors. Heck, Dan Reeves tried to trade John Elway to the Redskins...#7 managed quite well if you ask me...
  23. Registered User
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Yeah poor guy. People lose their jobs for the lack of performance everyday, but a million dollar athlete that hasn't won anything has his feelings hurt because a new coach wanted someone who he was familiar with, and new his system...

    In addition, he isn't the first player to be ever involved in trade rumors. Heck, Dan Reeves tried to trade John Elway to the Redskins...#7 managed quite well if you ask me...
    Broncos fan I take it? I didn't mean to have a pity party for him, I just meant that if you find out you're not wanted, you aren't gonna wanna stay. For what it's worth, with the picks they got I feel like the broncos got the best of the situation anyways. And as a redskins fan, I gladly woulda taken elway or cutler

  24. Registered User
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,114
    Answers
    0

    Talking Sounds like a bitter salty ass Broncos fan to me...


    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Well tell me what did you hear about him?

    Was it his playoff wins?
    How about winning record?

    Well, he won 0 playoff games, and he was 17-20 as a starter.
    Right and the main reason the Broncos won any of those 17 was because of him. He can't run the ball nor play defense. Everyone has pointed out that Denver lost there final three games of the season but they left out that Denvers opposition scored 30,30 and 50 points. I saw a stat that when the opposition scores less than 21 points he's only lost one of those games.

    This is from a Broncos forum:

    In 2005, Orton's record was 10-3 when the defense held the opponent to 21 points or less. However, that is a slightly misleading stat....

    In 8 of those games, the defense held the opponent to 10 points or less, something our defense only managed ONE TIME in Cutler's 37 starts. His record in those games was 7-1. Jay won his game for a 1-0 record.

    In 2007, Orton's record was 1-1 when the defense held the opponent to 21 points of less. In the win, the defense again held the opponent to 10 points or less (seven points).

    In 2008, Orton's record was 6-1 when the defense held the opponent to 21 points or less. Once again, a misleading stat, because in three of those games, the defense held the opponent to 10 points or less.

    So to summarize....

    Orton is 17-5 (.772) in games where the defense held the opponent to 21 points or less, which is worse than Jay's 12-1 record (.923). However, when you consider that 12 Orton's starts were games where the defense held the opponent to 10 points or less (heck - Plummer or Griese can win a game if the opponent doesn't score any more than that) and Orton's record was 11-1 (.916) in those games, which means that Jay's record as a starter is better when the opponent scores 21 or less than Kyle's record is when the opponent scores 10 or less.

    But hey, the defense doesn't matter, does it?
  25. Registered User
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,114
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Yeah poor guy. People lose their jobs for the lack of performance everyday, but a million dollar athlete that hasn't won anything has his feelings hurt because a new coach wanted someone who he was familiar with, and new his system...

    In addition, he isn't the first player to be ever involved in trade rumors. Heck, Dan Reeves tried to trade John Elway to the Redskins...#7 managed quite well if you ask me...
    You remember when Elway acted like a little baby after the Colts drafted him??? Probably not. He forced his way to Denver. Or Eli Manning with the Chargers?? Funny thing is neither of those guys took any sh*t for it or if they did is was very minor by comparison.
  26. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    Broncos fan I take it? I didn't mean to have a pity party for him, I just meant that if you find out you're not wanted, you aren't gonna wanna stay. For what it's worth, with the picks they got I feel like the broncos got the best of the situation anyways. And as a redskins fan, I gladly woulda taken elway or cutler

    Just hope Campbell doesn't throw a Cutler fit now
  27. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    You remember when Elway acted like a little baby after the Colts drafted him??? Probably not. He forced his way to Denver. Or Eli Manning with the Chargers?? Funny thing is neither of those guys took any sh*t for it or if they did is was very minor by comparison.
    Keyword drafted.

    They weren't with their drafted team for three years and under contract.

    And ask Charger fans what they think of Eli, or should I say thought about him...
  28. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0

    How many Bronco games have you watched?

    I watch them all, and I can say the games the Broncos did win, with Cutler at the helm, was not all because of him. And He put a Broncos ****ty defense in very bad positions, even when they were bending but not breaking.

    I also seen him have plenty of opportunities to win games, but failed to. As well as, the inability to score in the red zone.

    And to try and compare offense to offense is laughable. You say the Bears, and the last thing you think of is offense, and especially the QB position. The Bears have been about defense for as long as know...

    I am excited to see how the Bears defense holds up, when they can't get off the field thanks to Cutler's many interceptions.

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    Right and the main reason the Broncos won any of those 17 was because of him. He can't run the ball nor play defense. Everyone has pointed out that Denver lost there final three games of the season but they left out that Denvers opposition scored 30,30 and 50 points. I saw a stat that when the opposition scores less than 21 points he's only lost one of those games.

    This is from a Broncos forum:

    In 2005, Orton's record was 10-3 when the defense held the opponent to 21 points or less. However, that is a slightly misleading stat....

    In 8 of those games, the defense held the opponent to 10 points or less, something our defense only managed ONE TIME in Cutler's 37 starts. His record in those games was 7-1. Jay won his game for a 1-0 record.

    In 2007, Orton's record was 1-1 when the defense held the opponent to 21 points of less. In the win, the defense again held the opponent to 10 points or less (seven points).

    In 2008, Orton's record was 6-1 when the defense held the opponent to 21 points or less. Once again, a misleading stat, because in three of those games, the defense held the opponent to 10 points or less.

    So to summarize....

    Orton is 17-5 (.772) in games where the defense held the opponent to 21 points or less, which is worse than Jay's 12-1 record (.923). However, when you consider that 12 Orton's starts were games where the defense held the opponent to 10 points or less (heck - Plummer or Griese can win a game if the opponent doesn't score any more than that) and Orton's record was 11-1 (.916) in those games, which means that Jay's record as a starter is better when the opponent scores 21 or less than Kyle's record is when the opponent scores 10 or less.

    But hey, the defense doesn't matter, does it?
  29. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,353
    Answers
    0

    it has long since been forgotten though. Most charger fans are happy with Rivers and rightfully so. Once the Broncos find someone to work well within the system that McDaniels brings in, then they should be ok. However, McDaniels did handle this quite well
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  30. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0

    BTW

    I believe Jake Plummer was 40-19 as a Bronco
  31. Registered User
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,114
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Keyword drafted.

    They weren't with their drafted team for three years and under contract.
    If anything Elway and Manning were worse in there situations as they both crapped all over the integrity of the draft and the concept that the worst teams are supposed to have the opportunity to choose the player they want. A kid out of college shouldn't be dictating to the NFL what they want to do. Cutler would still be your QB had a newb head coach not come in and attempt to trade him and lie about it. Its that simple. I don't blame him for being pissed because I wouldn't want to play for a team that didn't want me either.
  32. Registered User
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,114
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    How many Bronco games have you watched?

    I watch them all, and I can say the games the Broncos did win, with Cutler at the helm, was not all because of him. And He put a Broncos ****ty defense in very bad positions, even when they were bending but not breaking.

    I also seen him have plenty of opportunities to win games, but failed to. As well as, the inability to score in the red zone.

    And to try and compare offense to offense is laughable. You say the Bears, and the last thing you think of is offense, and especially the QB position. The Bears have been about defense for as long as know...

    I am excited to see how the Bears defense holds up, when they can't get off the field thanks to Cutler's many interceptions.
    I'm excited to see you guys puke after Orton throws his first pass. LOTS OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,353
    Answers
    0

    Different players with different defenses. As was already stated, Cutler was something like 15 and 1 when his defense held a team under 21 points. Since the broncos couldn't stop an old woman at a sale at bloomingdales, Cutler had to constantly throw, and then add in no running game to speak of. Don't let your bias get too severe

  34. Banned
    H8duke's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    384
    Answers
    0

    i can see the enthusiasm where cutler is concerned,considering what they had at the qb position prior to acquiring him,but i wouldn't be so quick to anoint him.
  35. Registered User
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Just hope Campbell doesn't throw a Cutler fit now
    I wish he would, lol....not a fan. That's a good point though, I didn't think of that.

  36. Ω Omega Sports Ω
    Board Sponsor
    Clickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,501
    Answers
    0

    Cutler will help the Bears. Now he just needs someone to throw to.
    Omega Sports Representative
    The Omega Vision Honor. Integrity. Trust.
  37. Registered User
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    93
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Different players with different defenses. As was already stated, Cutler was something like 15 and 1 when his defense held a team under 21 points. Since the broncos couldn't stop an old woman at a sale at bloomingdales, Cutler had to constantly throw, and then add in no running game to speak of. Don't let your bias get too severe

    That only goes for last season. What was his excuse his prior seasons?

    Jake "The Snake" got us to the AFC Championship game; had the Broncos in the playoff hunt, but for whatever reason, Shanny felt like pulling Jake, and putting in Cutler who ended up not making the playoffs...
  38. Registered User
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,114
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    That only goes for last season. What was his excuse his prior seasons?

    Jake "The Snake" got us to the AFC Championship game; had the Broncos in the playoff hunt, but for whatever reason, Shanny felt like pulling Jake, and putting in Cutler who ended up not making the playoffs...
    He's only been the QB for 2.5 seasons. They threw a ton in 2007 also because they had the great Travis Henry as there RB and there defense has sucked ass for years. Jake Plummer never played another game after he left Denver and he was far worse the Cutler in terms of talent. While you're lamenting about the great Jake Plummer pull up his stats and compare. Good luck with Orton. Hopefully McBungle knows what he's doing and your GM can draft wisely.
  39. Registered User
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,353
    Answers
    0

    now who will be number two at the olympia....
  40. Registered User
    MacTruck33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    98
    Answers
    0

    Cutler is going to own Chicago
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Official Jay Cutler message to TEAM CUTLER World Wide: -Team Cutler President & Mngr
    By AlphaAnabolic in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 10:30 AM
  2. Bears: Superbowl XLI Champs
    By johnz in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 11:41 AM
  3. Da Bears
    By frizzlerock in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 09:12 PM
  4. Da Bears!
    By LuckyBoy in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 10:39 PM
  5. THE CHICAGO BEARS
    By QUICKRYDE in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 02:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in