NHL anyone?

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Any other hockey fans in here, or am I the only one who appreciates the coolest game on earth :D

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Huge fan....but hard pressed to find hockey fans on here

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was about to say the same thing. Hockey is amazing, but nobody cares!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can tell AllMax is a Canadian company already :D

Side note: If you're in Canada, their protein is worth picking up domestically. The other week I picked up 3x5lbs, $35 each w/ only GST shipped. Deal is dead or I would pass it on; but we do have ATW's deal on :)

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
yeah the peanut butter choc chip isolate is awesome

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Huge fan....but hard pressed to find hockey fans on here
What teams are you a fan of?

I was about to say the same thing. Hockey is amazing, but nobody cares!
It really is a shame - baseball is soooooo boring yet everyone loves it!

You can tell AllMax is a Canadian company already :D

Side note: If you're in Canada, their protein is worth picking up domestically. The other week I picked up 3x5lbs, $35 each w/ only GST shipped. Deal is dead or I would pass it on; but we do have ATW's deal on :)
Haha is it that obvious :D

Yeah, I've heard of some great deals on our stuff in Canada, even in brick and mortar stores. That ATW deal is mind-blowing, I'm curious about their PB Cup.

yeah the peanut butter choc chip isolate is awesome
Thanks, we aim to please :)

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Born a Montreal fan...sorry guys...

Funny how only the Canadian members replied.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
So is anyone brave enough to offer any Cup predictions?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sharks will choke down the stretch as per usual, and a darkhorse such as Dallas and/or Calgary makes it to the Cup again.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Boston will blow it too...East could be anyone

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Yeah I can't believe Boston is leading the East - that can't last long. I like Washington, I can see NJ blowing it too.

lowboy

lowboy

Awards
I am a huge hockey fan . I have been playing ice hockey for the last 13 years. Flyers fan here. Can't wait for playoff hockey to get here already.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
big hockey fan, but no one cares at all

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will take SJ from the west (hell, as long as it's not Detroit or Dallas) and I am sticking with my pre-season pick on Montreal, although they are on a bad streak currently (2-8-0 in their last 10). My very, very wild card to win the cup is Vancouver because Luongo is getting healthy and his save% is climbing.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Hockey is by far my favorite professional sport, I have been a Sabres fan as long as I can remember. The only teams I really can't stand our the Stars and the Senators, Buffalo always seem to have trouble with those guys.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Hockey is by far my favorite professional sport, I have been a Sabres fan as long as I can remember. The only teams I really can't stand our the Stars and the Senators, Buffalo always seem to have trouble with those guys.
Where in Buffalo are you from? I grew up in West Seneca? The Sabres do have trouble with Dallas and Ottawa, then at other times they'll destroy good teams and struggle with bad ones. You just can't win :p

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Im in Amherst...

Yeah we love beating teams that are at the top of their division and then getting shut out by the bottom of the barrel teams. I remember having season tickets back when we made it to the cup a few years ago, and we were great and ending others winless streaks.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Im in Amherst...

Yeah we love beating teams that are at the top of their division and then getting shut out by the bottom of the barrel teams. I remember having season tickets back when we made it to the cup a few years ago, and we were great and ending others winless streaks.
Well this year looked promising but the injury to Vanek is killer, and Pominville is now on a 17-game drought...plus Afinegenov is completely useless.

Good Shepherd

Awards
Well this year looked promising but the injury to Vanek is killer, and Pominville is now on a 17-game drought...plus Afinegenov is completely useless.

I live in Sacramento, but was born and raised in Buffalo....The Sabres were on the right track, but the Vanek injury kills them. Maybe Gerbe or Kennedy can fill in.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I hate Vanek, he was the laziest player up until last year. He is tremendously talented but his effort is never 100%. Max would be good if he had any kind of shot but he never really developed his shooting skills. Connelly could be a nasty player but ever since he had that concussion a while back he seems to play a bit reserved and never really came back %100. All I can hope for is that all the younger players start to pick up their game like they have in the past when there was injuries to important player.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I hate Vanek, he was the laziest player up until last year. He is tremendously talented but his effort is never 100%. Max would be good if he had any kind of shot but he never really developed his shooting skills. Connelly could be a nasty player but ever since he had that concussion a while back he seems to play a bit reserved and never really came back %100. All I can hope for is that all the younger players start to pick up their game like they have in the past when there was injuries to important player.
Connolly has a lot of skill but he does seem timid now. They do have a lot of young potential and Miller is young too so the future is bright.

IainDaniel

Awards
Big Hockey Fan.... not so much of the NHL anymore.

Probably a couple of reasons

1)I am a leaf fan.

2) Bettman has wussified the league, similar to that of Europen hockey... how I wish for the days of the 80's and early 90's

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I see the Rangers brought back Avery, interesting choice there...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love the Coyotes moves: clear out high contracts and acquire draft picks.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
avery is a piece of ****.. what a goon.

i can't stand the rangers, but i sure wish they would've let him fade into oblivion.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love the Coyotes moves: clear out high contracts and acquire draft picks.
They made very intelligent business and hockey deals, as the two types of deals, at times, do not coincide!

I was happy my Flames were so active, and called my Pens picking up Geurin about two weeks out from the deadline! Depending on how well Keenan gets Jokinen to play, the Flames could be dangerous.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They made very intelligent business and hockey deals, as the two types of deals, at times, do not coincide!

I was happy my Flames were so active, and called my Pens picking up Geurin about two weeks out from the deadline! Depending on how well Keenan gets Jokinen to play, the Flames could be dangerous.
With Kiprusoff in net, they always have a chance.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With Kiprusoff in net, they always have a chance.
Hopefully he regains his playoff form of 03-04. Getting bounced in the first round three years running is getting disappointing. With Langkow, Borque, 'Tuzzi all coming back for the playoffs, and the addition of Jokinen and Leopold, the Flames are looking very formidable!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hopefully he regains his playoff form of 03-04. Getting bounced in the first round three years running is getting disappointing. With Langkow, Borque, 'Tuzzi all coming back for the playoffs, and the addition of Jokinen and Leopold, the Flames are looking very formidable!
This will be the first time they have had a legit No 1 center, so I give them a great chance in the playoffs.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This will be the first time they have had a legit No 1 center, so I give them a great chance in the playoffs.
Yes, exactly. No offense to Langkow, but he is a solid, solid second-line center. Iginla, Jokinen and Cammy is a very, very competent line.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
The Flames do look strong, I really can't wait for the playoffs to start.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
"You're gonna like the way he scores; I Guerin-tee it."

-- Pens Warehouse

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"You're gonna like the way he scores; I Guerin-tee it."

-- Pens Warehouse
They play tonight, do they not? Is "The Show" still out?

While we are here, can we spark up the Ovechkin vs., Crosby debate?

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
sure do -- I think he is out? Gonchar is out too and they're putting Goligoski in..

haha the timeless debate -- Ovechkin is just so god damn good.. I hate the caps but I can't deny that.. I think the OP actually started a thread on that exact debate.

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
Huge hockey fan here. Ive been a Bruins fan since 1980. What could be better, a cool game you can hit and fight in, and its legal.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
Huge hockey fan here. Ive been a Bruins fan since 1980. What could be better, a cool game you can hit and fight in, and its legal.
So true, I always get urges to just bodycheck people in public when they walk around with their heads down.

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
Well thats your opinion. The bruins were slumping, which was fine. Now they've picked it up at the right time. The bruins are deeper than the devils. The devils have a better goalie, but the B's can beat the devils IMO

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well thats your opinion. The bruins were slumping, which was fine. Now they've picked it up at the right time. The bruins are deeper than the devils. The devils have a better goalie, but the B's can beat the devils IMO
It is possible, though I doubt it. The B's are have an incredibly balanced scoring attack, but that core of players, particularly the forwards, lack substantive playoff experience; that is exactly why they picked up Recchi, and this goes double for their primary goaltender.

The Devils have been on a losing streak lately [five, I believe], but they have two important things the B's do not:

a) Spectacular goaltending;
b) Experienced core of forwards.

Unless you are the Detroit Red Wings, you do not make a run without a spectacular goalie - Thomas has played very well this year, but it is a no-brainer in regard to him v., Martin Brodeur.

IMO, given the way the Pens have played since Therien was fired, it will be either be the Pens or Devils coming out of the East.

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
The pens wont make it out of the east :laugh: Thats laughable!!! They wont make it past the first round. Thomas can get hot and has shown he can, he has one of the best GA in the NHL. The Bruins have 3scoring lines, they can score goals. They also have home ice. The B's have shown they can play with the devils. If any team Im scared of them playing the capitals. The B's havent played well against them. They can score goals, but their downside is they let in alot of goals. The B's may not have alot of experience up front, they are young. They have experience on the defense. Bruins vs Devils in the east.....B's in 6!!!!!

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
The pens wont make it out of the east :laugh: Thats laughable!!!
why is that laughable? they're 14-2-2 in their last 18 games -- including a win against Boston and the Capitals?

they're all good teams (including the Devils) and I can see any one of them winning the conference.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The pens wont make it out of the east :laugh: Thats laughable!!! They wont make it past the first round. Thomas can get hot and has shown he can, he has one of the best GA in the NHL. The Bruins have 3scoring lines, they can score goals. They also have home ice. The B's have shown they can play with the devils. If any team Im scared of them playing the capitals. The B's havent played well against them. They can score goals, but their downside is they let in alot of goals. The B's may not have alot of experience up front, they are young. They have experience on the defense. Bruins vs Devils in the east.....B's in 6!!!!!
The Pittsburgh Penguins demolished the East last year; have one of the best records in the league over the last quarter of the season; have two of the three best players in the league; and faired poorly due to key injuries early in the year - not sure your point is well made there.

G.A.A., is more of a team stat than a goalie stat, but that is neither here nor there. Save % is more indicative of an individual goalie's performance, but, that being said, Thomas leads that category as well. You seem very confident in a completely unproven playoff goalie - myself, not so much.

Statistics are secondary to proven capability to win meaningful match-ups, though. In that sense, Thomas was capable, but not extraordinary, going 3-4 in '08. Considering you are a fan of G.A.A., though, his '08 playoff GA of 2.65 and Save % of .914 would be very respectable in the regular season, but were well behind the levels necessary for a Cup run [Fleury and Osgood both had sub-2 GAs and +.930 Save %].

The B's most definitely have playoff experience on 'D' - Ference, Stuart, and Montador have all been to a Cup - so I will concede that point. Other teams, particularly in the West, have more talented blue-lines, though.

The Bruins have had a very good, very surprising regular season, but I feel it will end there. I have them conceivably making it to the East Finals, but losing in five to either NJ, Pittsburgh, or even Washington [though I do not feel Washington is going to make it far, either].

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
Yes they were great LAST YEAR...Until they made the move with the coach they were a good team struggling, even with 2 of the best players on the team.
Thomas went 3 and 4 last year when the Bruins were an 8th seed and almost came back against Montreal. The Bruins this year and including Thomas are way better than last year. They have 3 really good lines, and some could argue they have a 4th line that can score (sometimes). After this losing period, they look like they did at the beninning of the year. They wont be a push over....Brodeur or not, he isnt god, he has to show his age sometime, and this year, this is the time they get past the East.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes they were great LAST YEAR...Until they made the move with the coach they were a good team struggling, even with 2 of the best players on the team.
Thomas went 3 and 4 last year when the Bruins were an 8th seed and almost came back against Montreal. The Bruins this year and including Thomas are way better than last year. They have 3 really good lines, and some could argue they have a 4th line that can score (sometimes). After this losing period, they look like they did at the beninning of the year. They wont be a push over....Brodeur or not, he isnt god, he has to show his age sometime, and this year, this is the time they get past the East.
That is your opinion, and it is good you are confident in your team.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SkRaw85 Sports Talk 8
Misfit28 General Chat 25
Sports Talk 17
Wrivest Sports Talk 101
Sports Talk 12