NHL anyone?

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    And a good Chicago team is certainly good for the NHL as a whole. The Rangers, Bruins, Red Wings and Blackhawks all being good at the same time is absolutely fantastic for the growth of the NHL! Now, if only Toronto was not perennially terrible!
    The Hawks have been a suck fest for the better part of 11 seasons (one playoff appearance in 2002) so as I said its been a long time in the making. There the third youngest team in the league and only going to get better.


  2. as lame as it is I'm a die-hard Leafs fan. All my life. Any favorites to win the cup?
    •   
       


  3. Anyone see Avery's latest bone-headed move?



  4. What an A-hole this guy is! What a tool!

  5. i can't believe after all the adversity he's faced he'd do this, when anything he does can get him sent down or benched or whatever

  6. Big hockey fan here. It sounds strange when I hear some of you guys say that nobody cares. I guess that's one of the benefits of living in Canada - it's the only sport me and my friends watch...although I've been known to watch girl's volleyball too...and UFC, which I just realized shows more skin than female beach volleyball...

    Oiler fan since '83. Too bad we're out. I predict NJ over Calgary.
    I'd hope to see Capitols vs Chicago.

  7. Avery is such a **** -- and that was no accident.. I love that Thomas just flipped **** and came after him though haha, I love to see the goalies get in on it..

    On the same subject, anybody ever been punched by a blocker? Seriously like getting your head bashed by a 2x4..

  8. I'd love to see calgary there, I'd pick them over the nucks for a canadian team to make it... in the east i gotta go with either NJ or Boston, both have top notch tenders

  9. Avery is just out to start trouble, the NHL could end this whole thing by giving him a long suspension some day but refuses to. And yes...blockers hurt, a lot.

  10. avery is just doing his job thats the type of player he is guys ! he defines the term agiatator .. btw rangers if they do make the playoffs will beat the devils in round 1 .. thats just the way i see it looking round 1
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by THEGEEZ View Post
    avery is just doing his job thats the type of player he is guys ! he defines the term agiatator .. btw rangers if they do make the playoffs will beat the devils in round 1 .. thats just the way i see it looking round 1
    Skating by the goalie and intentionally cracking him in the back of his head is not his job. There is no place for that in the game. What makes it worse is after he does his usual stupid sh*t he runs and hides like a little b*tch when challenged.

  12. Looks like the rangers will be playing the bruins. I would like to see after the bruins win, give avery a bitch slap

  13. Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    Skating by the goalie and intentionally cracking him in the back of his head is not his job. There is no place for that in the game. What makes it worse is after does his usually stupid sh*t he runs and hides like a little b*tch when challenged.
    Agreed. Having enforcers for big hits and sticking up for teammates who get cheapshotted is one thing, but Avery just tries to incite trouble with no cause.

    He's a clown and whenever anyone challenges him, he acts like he didn't do anything, just so he can talk smack to the media when it's safe.

  14. One thing....I cant stand the canadiens!!! What a bunch of girls!

  15. haha I don't mind the habs, but Georges Laraque is the most overrated fighter in my opinion... hes big and strong and just basically wrestles his opponents, have you ever seen him really go toe to toe with someone?

  16. To me the canadiens are the yankees of hockey...cant stand either of them

  17. Quote Originally Posted by BoSox36 View Post
    To me the canadiens are the yankees of hockey...cant stand either of them
    Maybe before the 80's, but they have only won the cup 2x since their dynasty of the 70's.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  18. Thumbs up


    GO PENS!!!
    I'm Back...

  19. Go Blues!! Best team in hockey for the whole second half of the season. (look it up if you dont believe me!!) Going to the game tonight! Down 3-0 to Vancouver Its pretty exciting here despite being down in the series. Every game has come down to the last 2 minutes of the game, but man Lounugo is killing us! If we only had Paul Kariya and Eric Johnson off the DL we would be golden

    We haven't had playoff hockey in STL since before the lockout and I have so many friends that are Cardinal fans that are more worried about the first 15 games of a 162 game baseball season. It drives me crazy. How can you worry about regular season baseball when playoff hockey is here!?! Its madness! After watching hockey all season long, going to a baseball game is extremely boring until youve watched a couple in a row!!! Its a hard switch for me and I played baseball on my university baseball team for 4 years, so its not that I don't like baseball. its just that hockey is way more exciting and fun to watch.

    These guys are real athletes. Baseball players cant play a game if there stomach is upset or the had a muscle spasm before the game. Hockey players play with broken bones, missing teeth and can punch each other during the game. Thats a real athlete. Most other professional sports athletes are total pussays!!

    GO BLUES

  20. Go B's!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  21. Quote Originally Posted by stl123 View Post
    Go Blues!! Best team in hockey for the whole second half of the season. (look it up if you dont believe me!!) Going to the game tonight! Down 3-0 to Vancouver Its pretty exciting here despite being down in the series. Every game has come down to the last 2 minutes of the game, but man Lounugo is killing us! If we only had Paul Kariya and Eric Johnson off the DL we would be golden

    We haven't had playoff hockey in STL since before the lockout and I have so many friends that are Cardinal fans that are more worried about the first 15 games of a 162 game baseball season. It drives me crazy. How can you worry about regular season baseball when playoff hockey is here!?! Its madness! After watching hockey all season long, going to a baseball game is extremely boring until youve watched a couple in a row!!! Its a hard switch for me and I played baseball on my university baseball team for 4 years, so its not that I don't like baseball. its just that hockey is way more exciting and fun to watch.

    These guys are real athletes. Baseball players cant play a game if there stomach is upset or the had a muscle spasm before the game. Hockey players play with broken bones, missing teeth and can punch each other during the game. Thats a real athlete. Most other professional sports athletes are total pussays!!

    GO BLUES
    I will be there as well... Always a big blues fan.

    Kariya and Johnson wouldn't have been the make or break, we just have a young team. Playoff hockey is completely different that season hockey. I love how much they have already accomplished, I am looking to future seasons.

    Although attacking on baseball players is just incessant. Baseball is a much more precise game, hence a reason an impinged nerve will totally kill your game. Pujols has been playing 8 years injured, and he doesn't cry. Every sport has their vagina's. As for whoever called it boring... that is your opinion.. there is a reason it is the biggest sport in the US.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  22. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I will be there as well... Always a big blues fan.

    Kariya and Johnson wouldn't have been the make or break, we just have a young team. Playoff hockey is completely different that season hockey. I love how much they have already accomplished, I am looking to future seasons.

    Although attacking on baseball players is just incessant. Baseball is a much more precise game, hence a reason an impinged nerve will totally kill your game. Pujols has been playing 8 years injured, and he doesn't cry. Every sport has their vagina's. As for whoever called it boring... that is your opinion.. there is a reason it is the biggest sport in the US.

    Adams
    Glad to see another Blues Fan on here!! My wife worked for the Blues the last 3 years, so I have been to almost every game for the last 3 years!!! Even if they loose tonight and are eliminated, I will be standing and showing my appreciation for a spectacular season. That second half run was literally unbelievable!

    Maybe not the regular season, but I think in this series that Kariya and Johnson would be the make or break, especially in the last 3 games! We'll just have to agree to disagree.

    As far as baseball goes, sorry I was on a little of a rant because I just asked my buddy if he wanted to go to the game for free tonight and he declined because the Cardinal/Mets game is on tonight!?!? What an ass! I share a 40 game pack with another couple for the cardinal games. I am and have always been a huge Baseball/Cardinals fan. I have always looked forward to preseason and opening day. However, ever since I became a hockey fan. I don't find myself looking forward to preseason baseball and opening day, because hockey is usually still going on. For me, when I go to the first 2 or 3 games, my head isn't in the game because it is soo slow in comparison to hockey. I worded it wrong in saying it was boring, because it is in no way boring. Go Blues!!! then after GO CARDS!!!


    by the way, what do you think of Carpenter maybe being on the DL again!?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by stl123 View Post
    Glad to see another Blues Fan on here!! My wife worked for the Blues the last 3 years, so I have been to almost every game for the last 3 years!!! Even if they loose tonight and are eliminated, I will be standing and showing my appreciation for a spectacular season. That second half run was literally unbelievable!

    Maybe not the regular season, but I think in this series that Kariya and Johnson would be the make or break, especially in the last 3 games! We'll just have to agree to disagree.

    As far as baseball goes, sorry I was on a little of a rant because I just asked my buddy if he wanted to go to the game for free tonight and he declined because the Cardinal/Mets game is on tonight!?!? What an ass! I share a 40 game pack with another couple for the cardinal games. I am and have always been a huge Baseball/Cardinals fan. I have always looked forward to preseason and opening day. However, ever since I became a hockey fan. I don't find myself looking forward to preseason baseball and opening day, because hockey is usually still going on. For me, when I go to the first 2 or 3 games, my head isn't in the game because it is soo slow in comparison to hockey. I worded it wrong in saying it was boring, because it is in no way boring. Go Blues!!! then after GO CARDS!!!


    by the way, what do you think of Carpenter maybe being on the DL again!?
    Oh yeah man.. This season was amazing, and should be savored. This town really needs to get back to pre lockout era... when everyone was bleeding blue... but the same thing happened on the baseball strikes... busch stadium was empty for years on end afterward.

    my boring comment was to someone previous in the thread, my fault for not pointing that out actually. I feel ya on that though, when baseball is starting up, hockey is in the heat. I feel the same way at the end of the baseball season, and football kicks off. When you are pushing for playoffs, its hard to look at anything else.

    Carpenter is a great player, problem is he does not know his own limitations. He is a pitcher for Gods sakes.. he shouldnt be swinging for the rafters like that and tearing muscles off his rib cage. He is a world class player, and only hope one of these days he can return to his old self. But I am loving watching the rookies take over. I love watching rookies period.

    I think Kariya and Johnson would have brought some much needed veteran experience...but this team pushed to the playoffs, then got stuck looking around because it is a whole different world. If they got here, they should be able to play through. But Oshie just isnt bringing his stuff, crombeen is looking lost, and taking useless penalties. Now I just home Cam gets more play time tonight and puts a hurt on them, like we did first period sunday.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  24. Quote Originally Posted by stl123 View Post
    Glad to see another Blues Fan on here!! My wife worked for the Blues the last 3 years, so I have been to almost every game for the last 3 years!!! Even if they loose tonight and are eliminated, I will be standing and showing my appreciation for a spectacular season. That second half run was literally unbelievable!

    Maybe not the regular season, but I think in this series that Kariya and Johnson would be the make or break, especially in the last 3 games! We'll just have to agree to disagree.

    As far as baseball goes, sorry I was on a little of a rant because I just asked my buddy if he wanted to go to the game for free tonight and he declined because the Cardinal/Mets game is on tonight!?!? What an ass! I share a 40 game pack with another couple for the cardinal games. I am and have always been a huge Baseball/Cardinals fan. I have always looked forward to preseason and opening day. However, ever since I became a hockey fan. I don't find myself looking forward to preseason baseball and opening day, because hockey is usually still going on. For me, when I go to the first 2 or 3 games, my head isn't in the game because it is soo slow in comparison to hockey. I worded it wrong in saying it was boring, because it is in no way boring. Go Blues!!! then after GO CARDS!!!


    by the way, what do you think of Carpenter maybe being on the DL again!?
    Oh, and if you ever have extra tickets to depart with... you have my PM addy!

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  25. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Oh, and if you ever have extra tickets to depart with... you have my PM addy!

    Adams
    Lol! I did find someone who was very appreciative! My one friend kind of pissed me off by flat out declining! If I still had it it would be yours!

    When metallica was here a couple months ago. My wife hooked me up with tickets and I was bumping elbows with jansen and stasny. Jansen was pretty cool. We talked for a while between sets!! Fun night!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Baseball is a much more precise game, hence a reason an impinged nerve will totally kill your game.

    Adams
    I can see your point, but hockey players play with broken bones - literally. If we were to assign a numerical value to each injury that corresponds to the manner in which it may hamper your game [even making it relative to the preciseness of Baseball] Hockey players are still unequivocally playing through more!

    I would also disagree slightly with the notion that Baseball is much more precise: it takes as much skill to glove a 107MPH slap-shot as it does to hit a 98MPH fastball; it takes as much [or more] skill and precision to stickhandle through the slot and then roof a wrister as it does to throw a perfect curveball. Aside from those areas - hitting and pitching - I really cannot see the precision in the Baseball!

    Hockey players engage in each and every activity any other sport does, and they do it traveling twice as fast - on skates.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I can see your point, but hockey players play with broken bones - literally. If we were to assign a numerical value to each injury that corresponds to the manner in which it may hamper your game [even making it relative to the preciseness of Baseball] Hockey players are still unequivocally playing through more!

    I would also disagree slightly with the notion that Baseball is much more precise: it takes as much skill to glove a 107MPH slap-shot as it does to hit a 98MPH fastball; it takes as much [or more] skill and precision to stickhandle through the slot and then roof a wrister as it does to throw a perfect curveball. Aside from those areas - hitting and pitching - I really cannot see the precision in the Baseball!

    Hockey players engage in each and every activity any other sport does, and they do it traveling twice as fast - on skates.
    Unstable surface with an implement as others are impeding your space and progress...yeah, no precision there.

    I'm half-way right to my prediction of Anaheim upsetting San Jose. I just don't believe in Nabokov as a playoff goalie (.884 SV% this year).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  28. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I can see your point, but hockey players play with broken bones - literally. If we were to assign a numerical value to each injury that corresponds to the manner in which it may hamper your game [even making it relative to the preciseness of Baseball] Hockey players are still unequivocally playing through more!

    I would also disagree slightly with the notion that Baseball is much more precise: it takes as much skill to glove a 107MPH slap-shot as it does to hit a 98MPH fastball; it takes as much [or more] skill and precision to stickhandle through the slot and then roof a wrister as it does to throw a perfect curveball. Aside from those areas - hitting and pitching - I really cannot see the precision in the Baseball!

    Hockey players engage in each and every activity any other sport does, and they do it traveling twice as fast - on skates.
    Ah... mullet.. you are defensive about your favorite sport. I was NOT taking anything away from Hockey.

    I have been on the other end of trying to hit that mid 90's fastball, and that was in the cages... to try to say it is easier to use a bat to connect with a ball, than it is to place your glove in front of a puck is comparing apples to oranges.

    I have been on the receiving end of both in my youth, and honestly say that connecting on that fast of a pitch with an extension of your limbs take more precision. Now does that take anything away from hockey, not in the least... different sports, different strengths.

    You cannot see the precision, because it is not your sport, or you have not played. I could still play hockey with a fractured wrist, taped and cortisoned to hell... but I couldn't put the bat on a ball if I tried.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Unstable surface with an implement as others are impeding your space and progress...yeah, no precision there.
    Man.. your posts are about as useful as putting pockets on a jock strap. Never did I say it takes no precision... eh, fck it... if you can't read what was said, then oh well.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  30. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Man.. your posts are about as useful as putting pockets on a jock strap. Never did I say it takes no precision... eh, fck it... if you can't read what was said, then oh well.

    Adams
    I express my opinion and you insist on an insult. Ironic coming from the person who started a thread commenting on all of the verbal wars on this board...

    And please use a better simile than that one. That was just lame and unoriginal.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  

  
 

Log in
Log in