NHL anyone?

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Caps fan here. Too bad I don't see them going very far in the playoffs...unless Ove blows up.

2. Bruins Capitals Devils in that order Devil wont make in out of the east no chance if anyone comes out its out of the bruins or capitals come on now with this brodeur talk he is an amazing goalie but to say he is by far better than thomas when it comes to the playoffs is nonsense just because brodeur has the experience does not mean he is superior to thomas it helps but momentum carries into the playoffs and right now thomas is the best in the nhl on fire most likley going to win the best goalie...also last time they played the bruins took it to the devils and brodeur seemed very old in net
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by CombatTested View Post
    brodeur talk he is an amazing goalie but to say he is by far better than thomas when it comes to the playoffs is nonsense just because brodeur has the experience does not mean he is superior to thomas
    I am sorry, but comparing Tim Thomas to Martin Brodeur is the most ridiculous hockey-based analogy I have heard in some time. Tim Thomas is not now, nor will he ever be, anywhere near Brodeur's calibre - not even close.

He has played seven playoff games total, and lost four - you are reaching on this one. Martin Brodeur, on the other hand, has 95 wins in the playoffs with a 1.96 GAA.

As I say, the Bruins are a fairly capable team, but comparing Tim Thomas to Martin Brodeur is like comparing Phil Kessel to Phil Esposito at this point.

4. who's Tim Thomas?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    who's Tim Thomas?

Thats funny
    •   

6. haha no he's a great goalie along with several others in the East.. pretty pumped for the playoffs.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    haha no he's a great goalie along with several others in the East.. pretty pumped for the playoffs.
    You can say that again...the only downside is the end of my fantasy season.

8. Sorry I missed the thread until now. In general I'm a sports nut who loves all sports and my Chicago teams. Hockey, however, is my favorite and I live and die with the Blackhawks. I'm as giddy as a school girl that they're good again as its been a long time coming. Its sad that it took the death of there former owner to get them back on the map but hockey is back in Chicago!

9. Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    Sorry I missed the thread until now. In general I'm a sports nut who loves all sports and my Chicago teams. Hockey, however, is my favorite and I live and die with the Blackhawks. I'm as giddy as a school girl that they're good again as its been a long time coming. Its sad that it took the death of there former owner to get them back on the map but hockey is back in Chicago!
    And a good Chicago team is certainly good for the NHL as a whole. The Rangers, Bruins, Red Wings and Blackhawks all being good at the same time is absolutely fantastic for the growth of the NHL! Now, if only Toronto was not perennially terrible!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    And a good Chicago team is certainly good for the NHL as a whole. The Rangers, Bruins, Red Wings and Blackhawks all being good at the same time is absolutely fantastic for the growth of the NHL! Now, if only Toronto was not perennially terrible!
    Give them a few years under Burke and they'll be back in the East Finals.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

11. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    The Hawks have been a suck fest for the better part of 11 seasons (one playoff appearance in 2002) so as I said its been a long time in the making. There the third youngest team in the league and only going to get better.

12. as lame as it is I'm a die-hard Leafs fan. All my life. Any favorites to win the cup?

13. Anyone see Avery's latest bone-headed move?

14. What an A-hole this guy is! What a tool!

15. i can't believe after all the adversity he's faced he'd do this, when anything he does can get him sent down or benched or whatever

16. Big hockey fan here. It sounds strange when I hear some of you guys say that nobody cares. I guess that's one of the benefits of living in Canada - it's the only sport me and my friends watch...although I've been known to watch girl's volleyball too...and UFC, which I just realized shows more skin than female beach volleyball...

Oiler fan since '83. Too bad we're out. I predict NJ over Calgary.
    I'd hope to see Capitols vs Chicago.

17. Avery is such a **** -- and that was no accident.. I love that Thomas just flipped **** and came after him though haha, I love to see the goalies get in on it..

On the same subject, anybody ever been punched by a blocker? Seriously like getting your head bashed by a 2x4..

18. I'd love to see calgary there, I'd pick them over the nucks for a canadian team to make it... in the east i gotta go with either NJ or Boston, both have top notch tenders

19. Avery is just out to start trouble, the NHL could end this whole thing by giving him a long suspension some day but refuses to. And yes...blockers hurt, a lot.

20. avery is just doing his job thats the type of player he is guys ! he defines the term agiatator .. btw rangers if they do make the playoffs will beat the devils in round 1 .. thats just the way i see it looking round 1

21. Quote Originally Posted by THEGEEZ View Post
    avery is just doing his job thats the type of player he is guys ! he defines the term agiatator .. btw rangers if they do make the playoffs will beat the devils in round 1 .. thats just the way i see it looking round 1
    Skating by the goalie and intentionally cracking him in the back of his head is not his job. There is no place for that in the game. What makes it worse is after he does his usual stupid sh*t he runs and hides like a little b*tch when challenged.

22. Looks like the rangers will be playing the bruins. I would like to see after the bruins win, give avery a bitch slap

23. Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    Skating by the goalie and intentionally cracking him in the back of his head is not his job. There is no place for that in the game. What makes it worse is after does his usually stupid sh*t he runs and hides like a little b*tch when challenged.
    Agreed. Having enforcers for big hits and sticking up for teammates who get cheapshotted is one thing, but Avery just tries to incite trouble with no cause.

He's a clown and whenever anyone challenges him, he acts like he didn't do anything, just so he can talk smack to the media when it's safe.

24. One thing....I cant stand the canadiens!!! What a bunch of girls!

25. haha I don't mind the habs, but Georges Laraque is the most overrated fighter in my opinion... hes big and strong and just basically wrestles his opponents, have you ever seen him really go toe to toe with someone?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone else getting viruses from here?
    By 1Fast400 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-05-2003, 01:37 AM
  2. anyone try pumpnpose's anti es?
    By whale in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-2003, 11:07 PM
  3. Calculus Anyone(2)? ASAP!
    By chosen5 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 03:00 PM
  4. Anyone Else?