NHL anyone?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by stl123 View Post
    Go Blues!! Best team in hockey for the whole second half of the season. (look it up if you dont believe me!!) Going to the game tonight! Down 3-0 to Vancouver Its pretty exciting here despite being down in the series. Every game has come down to the last 2 minutes of the game, but man Lounugo is killing us! If we only had Paul Kariya and Eric Johnson off the DL we would be golden

    We haven't had playoff hockey in STL since before the ******* and I have so many friends that are Cardinal fans that are more worried about the first 15 games of a 162 game baseball season. It drives me crazy. How can you worry about regular season baseball when playoff hockey is here!?! Its madness! After watching hockey all season long, going to a baseball game is extremely boring until youve watched a couple in a row!!! Its a hard switch for me and I played baseball on my university baseball team for 4 years, so its not that I don't like baseball. its just that hockey is way more exciting and fun to watch.

    These guys are real athletes. Baseball players cant play a game if there stomach is upset or the had a muscle spasm before the game. Hockey players play with broken bones, missing teeth and can punch each other during the game. Thats a real athlete. Most other professional sports athletes are total pussays!!

    GO BLUES
    I will be there as well... Always a big blues fan.

    Kariya and Johnson wouldn't have been the make or break, we just have a young team. Playoff hockey is completely different that season hockey. I love how much they have already accomplished, I am looking to future seasons.

    Although attacking on baseball players is just incessant. Baseball is a much more precise game, hence a reason an impinged nerve will totally kill your game. Pujols has been playing 8 years injured, and he doesn't cry. Every sport has their vagina's. As for whoever called it boring... that is your opinion.. there is a reason it is the biggest sport in the US.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  2. Advanced Member
    stl123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    335
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    89.18%

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I will be there as well... Always a big blues fan.

    Kariya and Johnson wouldn't have been the make or break, we just have a young team. Playoff hockey is completely different that season hockey. I love how much they have already accomplished, I am looking to future seasons.

    Although attacking on baseball players is just incessant. Baseball is a much more precise game, hence a reason an impinged nerve will totally kill your game. Pujols has been playing 8 years injured, and he doesn't cry. Every sport has their vagina's. As for whoever called it boring... that is your opinion.. there is a reason it is the biggest sport in the US.

    Adams
    Glad to see another Blues Fan on here!! My wife worked for the Blues the last 3 years, so I have been to almost every game for the last 3 years!!! Even if they loose tonight and are eliminated, I will be standing and showing my appreciation for a spectacular season. That second half run was literally unbelievable!

    Maybe not the regular season, but I think in this series that Kariya and Johnson would be the make or break, especially in the last 3 games! We'll just have to agree to disagree.

    As far as baseball goes, sorry I was on a little of a rant because I just asked my buddy if he wanted to go to the game for free tonight and he declined because the Cardinal/Mets game is on tonight!?!? What an ass! I share a 40 game pack with another couple for the cardinal games. I am and have always been a huge Baseball/Cardinals fan. I have always looked forward to preseason and opening day. However, ever since I became a hockey fan. I don't find myself looking forward to preseason baseball and opening day, because hockey is usually still going on. For me, when I go to the first 2 or 3 games, my head isn't in the game because it is soo slow in comparison to hockey. I worded it wrong in saying it was boring, because it is in no way boring. Go Blues!!! then after GO CARDS!!!


    by the way, what do you think of Carpenter maybe being on the DL again!?
  3. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by stl123 View Post
    Glad to see another Blues Fan on here!! My wife worked for the Blues the last 3 years, so I have been to almost every game for the last 3 years!!! Even if they loose tonight and are eliminated, I will be standing and showing my appreciation for a spectacular season. That second half run was literally unbelievable!

    Maybe not the regular season, but I think in this series that Kariya and Johnson would be the make or break, especially in the last 3 games! We'll just have to agree to disagree.

    As far as baseball goes, sorry I was on a little of a rant because I just asked my buddy if he wanted to go to the game for free tonight and he declined because the Cardinal/Mets game is on tonight!?!? What an ass! I share a 40 game pack with another couple for the cardinal games. I am and have always been a huge Baseball/Cardinals fan. I have always looked forward to preseason and opening day. However, ever since I became a hockey fan. I don't find myself looking forward to preseason baseball and opening day, because hockey is usually still going on. For me, when I go to the first 2 or 3 games, my head isn't in the game because it is soo slow in comparison to hockey. I worded it wrong in saying it was boring, because it is in no way boring. Go Blues!!! then after GO CARDS!!!


    by the way, what do you think of Carpenter maybe being on the DL again!?
    Oh yeah man.. This season was amazing, and should be savored. This town really needs to get back to pre ******* era... when everyone was bleeding blue... but the same thing happened on the baseball strikes... busch stadium was empty for years on end afterward.

    my boring comment was to someone previous in the thread, my fault for not pointing that out actually. I feel ya on that though, when baseball is starting up, hockey is in the heat. I feel the same way at the end of the baseball season, and football kicks off. When you are pushing for playoffs, its hard to look at anything else.

    Carpenter is a great player, problem is he does not know his own limitations. He is a pitcher for Gods sakes.. he shouldnt be swinging for the rafters like that and tearing muscles off his rib cage. He is a world class player, and only hope one of these days he can return to his old self. But I am loving watching the rookies take over. I love watching rookies period.

    I think Kariya and Johnson would have brought some much needed veteran experience...but this team pushed to the playoffs, then got stuck looking around because it is a whole different world. If they got here, they should be able to play through. But Oshie just isnt bringing his stuff, crombeen is looking lost, and taking useless penalties. Now I just home Cam gets more play time tonight and puts a hurt on them, like we did first period sunday.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by stl123 View Post
    Glad to see another Blues Fan on here!! My wife worked for the Blues the last 3 years, so I have been to almost every game for the last 3 years!!! Even if they loose tonight and are eliminated, I will be standing and showing my appreciation for a spectacular season. That second half run was literally unbelievable!

    Maybe not the regular season, but I think in this series that Kariya and Johnson would be the make or break, especially in the last 3 games! We'll just have to agree to disagree.

    As far as baseball goes, sorry I was on a little of a rant because I just asked my buddy if he wanted to go to the game for free tonight and he declined because the Cardinal/Mets game is on tonight!?!? What an ass! I share a 40 game pack with another couple for the cardinal games. I am and have always been a huge Baseball/Cardinals fan. I have always looked forward to preseason and opening day. However, ever since I became a hockey fan. I don't find myself looking forward to preseason baseball and opening day, because hockey is usually still going on. For me, when I go to the first 2 or 3 games, my head isn't in the game because it is soo slow in comparison to hockey. I worded it wrong in saying it was boring, because it is in no way boring. Go Blues!!! then after GO CARDS!!!


    by the way, what do you think of Carpenter maybe being on the DL again!?
    Oh, and if you ever have extra tickets to depart with... you have my PM addy!

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  5. Advanced Member
    stl123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    335
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    89.18%

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Oh, and if you ever have extra tickets to depart with... you have my PM addy!

    Adams
    Lol! I did find someone who was very appreciative! My one friend kind of pissed me off by flat out declining! If I still had it it would be yours!

    When metallica was here a couple months ago. My wife hooked me up with tickets and I was bumping elbows with jansen and stasny. Jansen was pretty cool. We talked for a while between sets!! Fun night!
  6. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.22%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Baseball is a much more precise game, hence a reason an impinged nerve will totally kill your game.

    Adams
    I can see your point, but hockey players play with broken bones - literally. If we were to assign a numerical value to each injury that corresponds to the manner in which it may hamper your game [even making it relative to the preciseness of Baseball] Hockey players are still unequivocally playing through more!

    I would also disagree slightly with the notion that Baseball is much more precise: it takes as much skill to glove a 107MPH slap-shot as it does to hit a 98MPH fastball; it takes as much [or more] skill and precision to stickhandle through the slot and then roof a wrister as it does to throw a perfect curveball. Aside from those areas - hitting and pitching - I really cannot see the precision in the Baseball!

    Hockey players engage in each and every activity any other sport does, and they do it traveling twice as fast - on skates.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,782
    Rep Power
    1317352
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I can see your point, but hockey players play with broken bones - literally. If we were to assign a numerical value to each injury that corresponds to the manner in which it may hamper your game [even making it relative to the preciseness of Baseball] Hockey players are still unequivocally playing through more!

    I would also disagree slightly with the notion that Baseball is much more precise: it takes as much skill to glove a 107MPH slap-shot as it does to hit a 98MPH fastball; it takes as much [or more] skill and precision to stickhandle through the slot and then roof a wrister as it does to throw a perfect curveball. Aside from those areas - hitting and pitching - I really cannot see the precision in the Baseball!

    Hockey players engage in each and every activity any other sport does, and they do it traveling twice as fast - on skates.
    Unstable surface with an implement as others are impeding your space and progress...yeah, no precision there.

    I'm half-way right to my prediction of Anaheim upsetting San Jose. I just don't believe in Nabokov as a playoff goalie (.884 SV% this year).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  8. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I can see your point, but hockey players play with broken bones - literally. If we were to assign a numerical value to each injury that corresponds to the manner in which it may hamper your game [even making it relative to the preciseness of Baseball] Hockey players are still unequivocally playing through more!

    I would also disagree slightly with the notion that Baseball is much more precise: it takes as much skill to glove a 107MPH slap-shot as it does to hit a 98MPH fastball; it takes as much [or more] skill and precision to stickhandle through the slot and then roof a wrister as it does to throw a perfect curveball. Aside from those areas - hitting and pitching - I really cannot see the precision in the Baseball!

    Hockey players engage in each and every activity any other sport does, and they do it traveling twice as fast - on skates.
    Ah... mullet.. you are defensive about your favorite sport. I was NOT taking anything away from Hockey.

    I have been on the other end of trying to hit that mid 90's fastball, and that was in the cages... to try to say it is easier to use a bat to connect with a ball, than it is to place your glove in front of a puck is comparing apples to oranges.

    I have been on the receiving end of both in my youth, and honestly say that connecting on that fast of a pitch with an extension of your limbs take more precision. Now does that take anything away from hockey, not in the least... different sports, different strengths.

    You cannot see the precision, because it is not your sport, or you have not played. I could still play hockey with a fractured wrist, taped and cortisoned to hell... but I couldn't put the bat on a ball if I tried.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  9. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Unstable surface with an implement as others are impeding your space and progress...yeah, no precision there.
    Man.. your posts are about as useful as putting pockets on a jock strap. Never did I say it takes no precision... eh, fck it... if you can't read what was said, then oh well.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  10. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,782
    Rep Power
    1317352
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Man.. your posts are about as useful as putting pockets on a jock strap. Never did I say it takes no precision... eh, fck it... if you can't read what was said, then oh well.

    Adams
    I express my opinion and you insist on an insult. Ironic coming from the person who started a thread commenting on all of the verbal wars on this board...

    And please use a better simile than that one. That was just lame and unoriginal.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  11. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I express my opinion and you insist on an insult. Ironic coming from the person who started a thread commenting on all of the verbal wars on this board...

    And please use a better simile than that one. That was just lame and unoriginal.
    Your posts have become increasingly annoying, and misconstrued my comments. That other posts was more about humping product because they are here on the board, and people getting butt hurt when you call them out. But that is here nor there. Keep your words out of my mouth.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  12. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    And please use a better simile than that one. That was just lame and unoriginal.
    Your mom!

    Yeah thats a joke... so dont get your panties in an uproar.
    The Historic PES Legend
  13. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.22%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Ah... mullet.. you are defensive about your favorite sport. I was NOT taking anything away from Hockey.

    I have been on the other end of trying to hit that mid 90's fastball, and that was in the cages... to try to say it is easier to use a bat to connect with a ball, than it is to place your glove in front of a puck is comparing apples to oranges.
    How so? It is a matter of physics: lining up a physical body to intercept the trajectory of another physical body.

    I have been on the receiving end of both in my youth, and honestly say that connecting on that fast of a pitch with an extension of your limbs take more precision. Now does that take anything away from hockey, not in the least... different sports, different strengths.
    And in order to place oneself in front of a puck, the goalie must use proper positioning gauging the progress, position, speed and possible shot capabilities of 1-5 individuals; a batter is static. A goalie must then decide whom is shooting, and react with the whole body; a batter must do the same, to a much lesser degree! A goalie may be screened, contacted and shoved; a batter is not. I agree, apples v., oranges.

    You cannot see the precision, because it is not your sport, or you have not played. I could still play hockey with a fractured wrist, taped and cortisoned to hell... but I couldn't put the bat on a ball if I tried.
    Though not my favorite sport, I played. My sister was highly involved in softball as well, with my Father being the Coach of a few provincial teams [different animals, I know]. I respect your position, but please do not assume I feel Hockey takes more precision because I know nothing about Baseball; I am sure you would not like the same treatment.

    I feel Hockey takes more precision, because it does. How you can compare Brodeur facing a streaking A. Ovechkin or Sidney Crosby, with Pujols at the plate facing a Sabathia is beyond me. No comparison, due to the myriad of factors that a hockey player must consider, that baseball players do not. (Unless the catcher is now allowed to bodycheck the hitter.)
  14. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.22%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    And Lacrosse takes more precision and skill than either! [I believe you were saying that!]
  15. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    How so? It is a matter of physics: lining up a physical body to intercept the trajectory of another physical body.



    And in order to place oneself in front of a puck, the goalie must use proper positioning gauging the progress, position, speed and possible shot capabilities of 1-5 individuals; a batter is static. A goalie must then decide whom is shooting, and react with the whole body; a batter must do the same, to a much lesser degree! A goalie may be screened, contacted and shoved; a batter is not. I agree, apples v., oranges.



    Though not my favorite sport, I played. My sister was highly involved in softball as well, with my Father being the Coach of a few provincial teams [different animals, I know]. I respect your position, but please do not assume I feel Hockey takes more precision because I know nothing about Baseball; I am sure you would not like the same treatment.

    I feel Hockey takes more precision, because it does. How you can compare Brodeur facing a streaking A. Ovechkin or Sidney Crosby, with Pujols at the plate facing a Sabathia is beyond me. No comparison, due to the myriad of factors that a hockey player must consider, that baseball players do not. (Unless the catcher is now allowed to bodycheck the hitter.)
    I was a goalie, and found it very natural. You are simplifying the game of baseball down to a few words, when knowing well and good that is not the fact. You of all people with your debating skills should know you do not simplify.

    A thrown ball, and that is all it is? No speed changes, no curving, no dipping, no rising? The timing required, is not a factor? The timing for stealing, or a hit and run?

    Some of the best hockey players are just brute force. (And dont take this as me saying that is a bad thing)

    I wasn't even trying to argue which is better, i simply stated why a baseball player is taken out when an injury occurs... but the defensiveness reared its ugly head.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  16. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    And Lacrosse takes more precision and skill than either! [I believe you were saying that!]
    Hahaha... I do love that game!!!

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  17. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.22%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I was a goalie, and found it very natural. You are simplifying the game of baseball down to a few words, when knowing well and good that is not the fact. You of all people with your debating skills should know you do not simplify.

    A thrown ball, and that is all it is? No speed changes, no curving, no dipping, no rising? The timing required, is not a factor? The timing for stealing, or a hit and run?
    All those things certainly exist, Adams! I am merely saying that they all exist in Hockey, with the addition of physical contact plus considering the positioning of more than one individual.

    For example, a pitcher must consider body positioning, the individual at the plate, arm mechanics, finger positioning and the type of pitch thrown, and; the batter, in turn, must consider all of these things, in addition to the count, the status of the game and whom is in what field - very precise, I agree. However, the batter need not consider all of these factors in addition to being hit; and the pitcher need not consider all of these factors in addition to being screened. To compare apples v., apples, the opposing team would be able to screen the pitcher, and the catcher could check the batter.

    I wasn't even trying to argue which is better, i simply stated why a baseball player is taken out when an injury occurs... but the defensiveness reared its ugly head.
    Well, I wasn't intending to offend your delicate sensibilities you schoolgirl!

  18. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    All those things certainly exist, Adams! I am merely saying that they all exist in Hockey, with the addition of physical contact plus considering the positioning of more than one individual.

    For example, a pitcher must consider body positioning, the individual at the plate, arm mechanics, finger positioning and the type of pitch thrown, and; the batter, in turn, must consider all of these things, in addition to the count, the status of the game and whom is in what field - very precise, I agree. However, the batter need not consider all of these factors in addition to being hit; and the pitcher need not consider all of these factors in addition to being screened. To compare apples v., apples, the opposing team would be able to screen the pitcher, and the catcher could check the batter.



    Well, I wasn't intending to offend your delicate sensibilities you schoolgirl!

    Then we can agree, its different precision then. Like I said, i am not discounting hockey in the least.

    As for my sensibilities... I think I am going to make you a cake in my easy bake to make everything right again!

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  19. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by stl123 View Post
    Lol! I did find someone who was very appreciative! My one friend kind of pissed me off by flat out declining! If I still had it it would be yours!

    When metallica was here a couple months ago. My wife hooked me up with tickets and I was bumping elbows with jansen and stasny. Jansen was pretty cool. We talked for a while between sets!! Fun night!
    Oh, and BTW... you can catch me at the game... i will be the one with the Blues Jersey on!

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  20. Advanced Member
    stl123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    335
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    89.18%

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Oh, and BTW... you can catch me at the game... i will be the one with the Blues Jersey on!

    Adams


    Fortunately for us the Blues play better when their backs are to the wall!!
  21. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057412
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by stl123 View Post


    Fortunately for us the Blues play better when their backs are to the wall!!
    Hence the 9-1-1 record from the last 11 games before the playoffs... must wins... so they did.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  22. Advanced Member
    stl123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    335
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    89.18%

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Hence the 9-1-1 record from the last 11 games before the playoffs... must wins... so they did.

    Adams
    quick little hijack here. I see your a IBE rep. Whats the deal with Formex? I see that its bio-availability is supposed to be greater than that of regular oral formestane, but does it even compare to TD Formestane. Because TD Formestane is hard to beat!
  23. Senior Member
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39389
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    60.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by stl123 View Post


    Fortunately for us the Blues play better when their backs are to the wall!!
    Honestly I want the Blues to do well too.. I loved Brett Hull when I was a kid and the Blues are one of the very few teams that never do anything to piss me off.

    No Paul Kariya will make tonight's game kind of difficult though -- but good luck to all ye Blues fans.

    Huge Pens, Pirates (shut up), and Steelers fan but I do like the Blues.. I would love to see them come back and beat the **** out of Vancouver (although I have no problem with that team either, it would just be epic).

    Also, I'm a huge non-resident Blue Jackets fan right now as well!
  24. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.22%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Honestly I want the Blues to do well too.. I loved Brett Hull when I was a kid and the Blues are one of the very few teams that never do anything to piss me off.

    No Paul Kariya will make tonight's game kind of difficult though -- but good luck to all ye Blues fans.

    Huge Pens, Pirates (shut up), and Steelers fan but I do like the Blues.. I would love to see them come back and beat the **** out of Vancouver (although I have no problem with that team either, it would just be epic).

    Also, I'm a huge non-resident Blue Jackets fan right now as well!
    We looked poor in our last game, but I suspect we will take a 3-1 lead tonight.
  25. Senior Member
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39389
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    60.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    We looked poor in our last game, but I suspect we will take a 3-1 lead tonight.
    Absolutely man, I have the same suspicions. I'm not sure what the problem was last game but just absolutely nothing was going right.. sloppy play all over the place and Fleury was shook up after that first quick goal.

    Also, the officiating was terrible IMO. There were several calls that were ignored -- how about Hartnell throwing his stick and getting away with it? what the **** was that? -- along with several calls that should've never been made (on both sides), so hopefully the officiating is a little better too.

    I'll tell you what, the constant booing about absolutely everything really started to piss me off towards the end of the game. If you want to boo Crosby that's one thing (I don't like it but what can we do), but I couldn't believe they booed Orpik after Briere sticked him in the face and he was bleeding all over the place. I hate the Flyers with a passion but I wouldn't boo Timonen if he was leaving the ice with a face full of blood.
  26. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.22%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Absolutely man, I have the same suspicions. I'm not sure what the problem was last game but just absolutely nothing was going right.. sloppy play all over the place and Fleury was shook up after that first quick goal.

    Also, the officiating was terrible IMO. There were several calls that were ignored -- how about Hartnell throwing his stick and getting away with it? what the **** was that? -- along with several calls that should've never been made (on both sides), so hopefully the officiating is a little better too.

    I'll tell you what, the constant booing about absolutely everything really started to piss me off towards the end of the game. If you want to boo Crosby that's one thing (I don't like it but what can we do), but I couldn't believe they booed Orpik after Briere sticked him in the face and he was bleeding all over the place. I hate the Flyers with a passion but I wouldn't boo Timonen if he was leaving the ice with a face full of blood.
    Those are Flyers fans, though: crude, loud, abrasive and annoying!

    I feel we just had a lapse of concentration, and that we will close out the series with two straight wins. In our first two, we looked masterful.

    In terms of Hartnell, he is an unpredictable and idiotic hockey player who plays too far over the edge to be of use. He threw his glove in the same fashion in a game earlier this year.
  27. Senior Member
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,128
    Rep Power
    682295
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    28.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Hawks vs Flames series is heating up. LOL refs letting Calgary get away with all kinds of **** and it started to boil over last night.
  28. Advanced Member
    stl123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    335
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    89.18%

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Honestly I want the Blues to do well too.. I loved Brett Hull when I was a kid and the Blues are one of the very few teams that never do anything to piss me off.

    No Paul Kariya will make tonight's game kind of difficult though -- but good luck to all ye Blues fans.

    Huge Pens, Pirates (shut up), and Steelers fan but I do like the Blues.. I would love to see them come back and beat the **** out of Vancouver (although I have no problem with that team either, it would just be epic).

    Also, I'm a huge non-resident Blue Jackets fan right now as well!
    Well last nights game was good. I have lost my voice from yelling constantly. We lost in OT when Barret Jackman gave up the puck right in front of the goal for the second time in the game! We also got screwed by the officials. we had a puck cross the goal line but they called it back saying that the whistle was blown before it crossed the line. The officials totally took us out of the game! However, It was funny having 20,000 people in unison yelling "ref you suck" over and over again. Watch out for next year guys. The Blues are going to be hot!! now GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!
  29. New Member
    BoSox36's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    2934
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    83.94%

    Go B's
    Attached Images Attached Images
  30. New Member
    coldseed's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    165
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    97.24%

    Pens fan since 1984...le magnifique!
  31. New Member
    SOUTHCAR27's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    103
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    46.24%

    not a huge NHL fan but after watching the US vs Canada a minute ago I think I am going to try and watch it again. I have never enjoyed watching hockey games on tv but I have always loved going to see them live. I will give the NHL on tv another shot now.
  32. New Member
    xlivefreex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    82
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    76.71%

    pens fan here!
    hoping for a win tomorrow afternoon
  33. New Member
    coldseed's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    165
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    97.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by xlivefreex View Post
    pens fan here!
    hoping for a win tomorrow afternoon
    whats up, dude? you a yinzer?
  34. New Member
    Cllake's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    49.75%

    Coyotes! Hooowwwwwlllllll!!! lol Cant wait for the white out.
  35. New Member
    xlivefreex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    82
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    76.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by coldseed View Post
    whats up, dude? you a yinzer?
    sadly, no.
    I live in jersey, but Lemieux was always one of my favorites, and I saw him play often.

    You excited for the consol energy center next season?
  36. New Member
    coldseed's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    165
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    97.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by xlivefreex View Post
    sadly, no.
    I live in jersey, but Lemieux was always one of my favorites, and I saw him play often.

    You excited for the consol energy center next season?
    Oh it's going to be a great time when that thing opens up. I'm sure it will be even more difficult to get tickets! haha

    A few more games and the playoffs start!
  37. New Member
    xlivefreex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    82
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    76.71%

    I'm stoked for the playoffs.
    I just hope we hold on to the division

    oh and finally Leopold cashes in. today's game was good.
  38. Senior Member
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39389
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    60.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by xlivefreex View Post
    I'm stoked for the playoffs.
    I just hope we hold on to the division

    oh and finally Leopold cashes in. today's game was good.
    dude i almost **** when gonch tied it up with like a minute left.. he was like, "sorry gentlemen," and then slapped that bitch into the net.. and then I was like, BYAAAAH.
  39. New Member
    hog928's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    224
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    5.22%

    Sabres my friends
  40. New Member
    xlivefreex's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    82
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    76.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    dude i almost **** when gonch tied it up with like a minute left.. he was like, "sorry gentlemen," and then slapped that bitch into the net.. and then I was like, BYAAAAH.
    haha, seriously.
    another signature blue line goal from gonch. welcome back to the lineup.
  

  
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in