Playoff predictions

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Nice pics (SD) you chose eagles huh? I was tossing that one around the last few days. If the Donovan McNabb and eagles that spanked Dallas shows up then they could very well take it, but the problem is you just never know which eagles team we'll be watching.

I had money on all the teams last wee as I do this week. So far I'm 3 for 4. Hope I can keep the ball rolling and keep bringing in the money.
    My picks got murdered last week. I only bet on the one game I thought was easy money: Falcons at Cardinals

I think San Diego has as good a shot as anyone. I'm not overly impressed with the Steelers.

Lately the question has been more which Giants team will show up. Remember, they lost 3 out 4 in December, and they weren't resting their starters.

2. The Steelers have a date with Tenn to avenge that "Towel Dance" from a couple of weeks ago. The cool thing about this years playoffs is that anything could happen. I bet Paul Tagliabue has his money on SD\ARI, that would illustrate his dream of parody.

:bruce3:
    •   

3. SD/Steelers

I think Ben may not be tip top shape for the game. He'll be good to go, but that was a serious hit and concussion he took the last game. It will be cold which will not favor Rivers much, but Rivers is clutch in the 4th quarter. Sucks LT will be out with an injury and really sucks Merrimen is out of this season as well. If they were both playing I'd say it was a done deal San Diego. Sproles is sh8t hot right now, but if I was Pitts I would put Palomalu on Sproles the whole night. We also have Sciferes. Did you see his punts against the Colts??? You CAN NOT do better than that. SD is 2-0 against the Steelers on the post season as well. SD is is hot right now and it's all about peaking at the right time.

So many variables.

It will be a close; tough game.

I was so stressed last weekend as will I be this weekend, but I'm sure my trustee Chargers Gnome has got it on lock for me
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

4. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    SD/Steelers

I think Ben may not be tip top shape for the game. He'll be good to go, but that was a serious hit and concussion he took the last game. It will be cold which will not favor Rivers much, but Rivers is clutch in the 4th quarter. Sucks LT will be out with an injury and really sucks Merrimen is out of this season as well. If they were both playing I'd say it was a done deal San Diego. Sproles is sh8t hot right now, but if I was Pitts I would put Palomalu on Sproles the whole night. We also have Sciferes. Did you see his punts against the Colts??? You CAN NOT do better than that. SD is 2-0 against the Steelers on the post season as well. SD is is hot right now and it's all about peaking at the right time.

So many variables.

It will be a close; tough game.

I was so stressed last weekend as will I be this weekend, but I'm sure my trustee Chargers Gnome has got it on lock for me
    As you said there are a lot of variables involved in this game. As far as your punter goes, Heinz field is a much different animal than Qualcomm staduim, especially this time of year. Those playoff wins were a generation ago against a team that was overconfident, Tomlin is a great head popper so, there will be no overconfidence, I also expect our running game to be in gear. If Ben goes down, I feel comfortable with BL, if Rivers goes down????. You are right though, i'm expecting a Pepto Bismol game

5. Volek did just fine last year in the playoffs against indy. He won the game.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    SD/SteelersIt will be cold which will not favor Rivers much, but Rivers is clutch in the 4th quarter.
    Big Ben has 17 4th Quarter game winning drives in the last 48 games. Rivers isn't nearly that clutch. Don't get me wrong, Rivers has had a good season, but his defense isn't nearly as good as they played last week and he was inept against the Steelers defense this year. And Sproles game last week was a one time thing. I don't expect Sproles to even finish this game, as I see him getting broken in the first or early second quarter.

And with no Sproles to save the day, San Diego's fairy tale is coming to an end.

Remember that the Steeler's defense did not allow a single team to post more than 300 yards of offense the entire season. I don't expect that to change.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    Big Ben has 17 4th Quarter game winning drives in the last 48 games. Rivers isn't nearly that clutch. Don't get me wrong, Rivers has had a good season, but his defense isn't nearly as good as they played last week and he was inept against the Steelers defense this year. And Sproles game last week was a one time thing. I don't expect Sproles to even finish this game, as I see him getting broken in the first or early second quarter.

And with no Sproles to save the day, San Diego's fairy tale is coming to an end.

Remember that the Steeler's defense did not allow a single team to post more than 300 yards of offense the entire season. I don't expect that to change.
    Sproles is a beast. His acceleration is insane.

8. I wouldn't go as far as saying Sproles will get broken but, I will say he will be contained more. I also don't expect a 3 penalty drive at the end of the game in the Chargers favor to happen either.

9. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Sproles is a beast. His acceleration is insane.
    But his offensive line will have to move one of the best front three in the game and if he cuts outside he has to handle the best linebacking core in the NFL. I just don't see their offensive line opening up the gaping holes that he had in the game against Indy. He's fast, but he's small. I won't take away from the amazing game he had last weekend, but this weekend will not by any means be a repeat.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    Remember that the Steeler's defense did not allow a single team to post more than 300 yards of offense the entire season.
    Well, someone's gotta be first, might as well be Bolts.

11. Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI View Post

Yeah, next year

:bruce3::

12. Hey remember Pitts barely won via field goals and a safety last time. 11-10. San Diego is a lot hotter right now. There Defense proved against the colts they can handle a no huddle offense. Sproles may only be 5'6" but that let's him slip through people. Antonio Gates' ankle is good to go as well.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

13. Wow home field wasn't good today. Smash and Dash as well as Tango and Cash will be watching the rest of the playoffs.

14. Wow! Didn't see this one coming. I guess nobody did...

15. It's really nice, as a Cardinals fan, to finally see the team succeed in the playoffs. I don't think they have made the playoffs since 1998 when Jake Plummer was leading the team.

I used to buy a cheap ticket off a scalper and you could pretty much just go down to the lower level. I saw them play Carolina last time and was able to sit in the third row. This was when they played at Sun Devil stadium, and games were only crowded when the Cowboys came to town.

I think they have a better chance at making the super bowl if they play the Giants. McNabb has come to life recently and the Giants got all that drama going on with their recievers and are slumping.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Lacradocious View Post
    It's really nice, as a Cardinals fan, to finally see the team succeed in the playoffs. I don't think they have made the playoffs since 1998 when Jake Plummer was leading the team.

I used to buy a cheap ticket off a scalper and you could pretty much just go down to the lower level. I saw them play Carolina last time and was able to sit in the third row. This was when they played at Sun Devil stadium, and games were only crowded when the Cowboys came to town.

I think they have a better chance at making the super bowl if they play the Giants. McNabb has come to life recently and the Giants got all that drama going on with their recievers and are slumping.
    I think they're better off if Philly has to come to them. They got no shot in those swirling winds of Giants Stadium and that defense at this time of year.

17. I was greatly imrpessed by Arizona, however if they go to the Meadowlands, that game wont be competitive in the 2nd half. The giant oline, the running game and the weather will end it early. However, they could be Philly at home. So who knows.

Man, I would not want to face Baltimore. They will be a tough out wherever they play next week. I still say Steelers v. Giants in the Superbowl, but the Ravens are scarring the heck out of me.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I was greatly imrpessed by Arizona, however if they go to the Meadowlands, that game wont be competitive in the 2nd half. The giant oline, the running game and the weather will end it early. However, they could be Philly at home. So who knows.

Man, I would not want to face Baltimore. They will be a tough out wherever they play next week. I still say Steelers v. Giants in the Superbowl, but the Ravens are scarring the heck out of me.
    What do you think the vegas payout was for predicting an Arizona/Baltimore Superbowl week 1?

19. seriously that would have been crazy. That would be a bummer of a super bowl I gotta admit

20. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    What do you think the vegas payout was for predicting an Arizona/Baltimore Superbowl week 1?
    Nothing. Not a single person in the world predicted that.

21. I don't see the Cards beatin' the Eagles,.. no way, no how. Yes, they are a better team than earlier in the season when the Eagles licked them,.. but the D is to good at this point.
    Think training's hard,. try losing!

22. At the rate my picks are going. Anything is possible.

So far at least my pitt pick is holding up. All others went to shambles.

1 and 2 seed out.
    Historically speaking, statistically the odds (of them making it to the superbowl) were stacked against them.

23. This is just making me sick
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

24. Well my boys represented for the "Bye" and home field group. My hat is off to the Chargers for a great season. Next week will be defensive armaggedon in Pittsburgh with the Ravens. I won't hazard a guess between the Eagles and Cardinals. This is definitely a year when anything can happen.

25. 1 for 4 this weekend AND the Chargers lost. God I hate losing.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

26. Thrilled for the steelers, but this has been a crazy playoff. Eagles v. Cardinals? WTF is that?

27. That's why they play the games folks, it's more than entertainment. They don't keep score at a concert!!
    I think it's good for the sport to see underdogs, or whatever you want to call them, representing!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!

28. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Thrilled for the steelers, but this has been a crazy playoff. Eagles v. Cardinals? WTF is that?
    It's what Paul Tagliabue worked towards when he was commissioner, parody.

29. Quote:
    Originally Posted by DmitryWI

Fastone
    Yeah, next year

Looks like your right. LT will be healed and Merrimen will be back as well.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

30. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DmitryWI

Fastone
    Yeah, next year

Looks like your right. LT will be healed and Merrimen will be back as well.
    There is no doubt the Chargers whole season would have been different with those guys healthy.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. NFL PLAYOFF THREAD!!!!
    By neofrost83 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 05:51 PM
  2. NHL PLAYOFF THREAD
    By xlivefreex in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 06:05 PM
  3. Playoff To See Who Will Lose To Jeb Bush In 2008!
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2007, 03:35 PM
  4. Playoff picks
    By TheCSWFighter in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 08:45 PM
  5. NHL Playoff matchups
    By IainDaniel in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 12:04 AM