Florida / Bama discussion

  1. Registered User
    icanrace's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Age
    38
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    191

    Florida / Bama discussion


    first of all, GO GATORS!!

    Secondly, does anyone know if Harvin is going to be ready for tomorrow?

  2. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by icanrace View Post
    first of all, GO GATORS!!

    Secondly, does anyone know if Harvin is going to be ready for tomorrow?
    Check out the "College Football 2008 Season" thread. We've all weighed in over the last few pages. Should be a great game. Harvin is still questionable, as far as I know. My guess is he'll play.
  3. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pa.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    835

    Good Game, Florida made more plays simple as that.

    :bruce3:
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,179
    Rep Power
    18652

    Marquis Johnson has gotten burned ALL Year by every team we've played, just about...all year long he has gotten burned, ALL YEAR LONG!!!!

    Same thing tonight. He just got burned to many times on big plays...and we didnt' execute inside the 20...not even inside the 15, we had two terrible play calls inside the 15 twice on two different possessions.

    ^That's killed us...it was just that close, not indicated by the actual score. To think we could have been up 24-10 going into the half, or 24-17 at least ... wow.

    Nevertheless, florida just made a few more plays than we did, especially on defense, when it counted.
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  5. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Marquis Johnson has gotten burned ALL Year by every team we've played, just about...all year long he has gotten burned, ALL YEAR LONG!!!!

    Same thing tonight. He just got burned to many times on big plays...and we didnt' execute inside the 20...not even inside the 15, we had two terrible play calls inside the 15 twice on two different possessions.

    ^That's killed us...it was just that close, not indicated by the actual score. To think we could have been up 24-10 going into the half, or 24-17 at least ... wow.

    Nevertheless, florida just made a few more plays than we did, especially on defense, when it counted.
    C'mon man, don't do that. That's called whining. Bama played well today. No need to make excuses. Florida outgunned them in the 4th quarter... which happens to be when it counts most. That team has faith in their QB... and he doesn't disappoint. Tebow and the Gators deserve this championship.
  6. Registered User
    icanrace's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Age
    38
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    191

    The Tide ain't rollin nowhere except back to bama...........

    It was a good game. I want Texas now!
  7. Registered User
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,179
    Rep Power
    18652

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    C'mon man, don't do that. That's called whining. Bama played well today. No need to make excuses. Florida outgunned them in the 4th quarter... which happens to be when it counts most. That team has faith in their QB... and he doesn't disappoint. Tebow and the Gators deserve this championship.
    I'm an analyst first, that's what my actual job is, so you wouldn't expect anything from me but to actually analyze what happened...there is no making of excuses when it actually happened my man. I could have posted so many terrible plays on both sides, both teams, but i was just listing the obvious.


    There's no whining in examining the details of the game; im used to doing it, that's why I posted it.

    Plus, i gave Florida credit for winning the game...they made more plays and was better at execution...hopefully they destroy OU.
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  8. Registered User
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,062
    Rep Power
    4769

    Bama deserves it more. One team loses to Florida, the other loses to Ole Miss, LOL.
  9. Registered User
    Gator Alum 03's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    313

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Bama deserves it more. One team loses to Florida, the other loses to Ole Miss, LOL.
    Ok. You don't watch much football do you?

    Look at the total body of work. Most would probably agree, Florida is a much different team than the one that lost to a good Ole Miss team earlier on in the season. Aside from the fact that it's better to lose early than late in this screwed up system we call the BCS, Bama's SOS (per Sagarin) is 56th in the nation. Their wins have been far less impressive, and they didn't win their conference championship, we did.
  10. Registered User
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,062
    Rep Power
    4769

    And you lost to Ole Miss
  11. Registered User
    Gator Alum 03's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    313

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    And you lost to Ole Miss

    "I will not fight a battle of wits with an unarmed man"-Winston Churchill
  12. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pa.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    835

    Playoff=no more silly arguing over who's the best.

    :bruce3:
  13. Registered User
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,179
    Rep Power
    18652

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    Ok. You don't watch much football do you?

    Look at the total body of work. Most would probably agree, Florida is a much different team than the one that lost to a good Ole Miss team earlier on in the season. Aside from the fact that it's better to lose early than late in this screwed up system we call the BCS, Bama's SOS (per Sagarin) is 56th in the nation. Their wins have been far less impressive, and they didn't win their conference championship, we did.
    Neither did Nebraska...remember that?
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  14. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Here's the reality. Florida and Oklahoma are in the championship game. Some may not agree with it, but in the end it matters not. I don't like the BCS system myself, but i do agree that the florida was a definitive choice for a slot in that game after their SEC championship win over #1 alabama. Texas was screwed imo, however i mean that in regard to OU getting the nod over them in their big 12 champ game.

    I truly look forward to watching florida stomp the sh*t out of OU in the championship game. Florida is argueably the best team in the country right now, in fact, i truly believe that they are in all regards.

    Percy Harvin and Chris Rainey (who also didn't play against bama) will be back in action, and rumor has it cornellius ingram will play as well. This adds yet another explosive player at TE (Even though Aaron Hernandez has played phenominal.) It is nice to see my fellow SEC brethren rally around the gators in the championship game. I would do the same if my gators weren't in there as well.

    SEC rules baby!!


    End of discussion.....

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  15. Registered User
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,062
    Rep Power
    4769

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    "I will not fight a battle of wits with an unarmed man"-Winston Churchill
    Irony
  16. Registered User
    Gator Alum 03's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    313

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Irony
    The irony is lost on me. I attempted to have a discussion with you and you provided no viable retort.
  17. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    The irony is lost on me. I attempted to have a discussion with you and you provided no viable retort.
    Don't feed the dolt. From my experience, he rarely has anything halfway intelligent to say. Just visit the Politics forum for verification. It's pretty obvious he has no argument and is just attempting to provoke. Ignore him.

    I agree with everything Gator Alum and Trauma have to say... and I deem myself the world's truest Bama supporter. If anyone got hosed, it was Texas, for the obvious reason. Florida absolutely 100% deserves to play in the title game.

    Oh, and fwiw... Ole Miss can beat a lot of teams ranked ahead of them. Houston Nutt has to be the most underrated coach in America. The Rebels did a very smart thing by extending his contract. When Nick Saban left LSU, he recommnded Nutt for that job... and LSU's people didn't bite. It seemed like the right choice back then, but now... ?

    Regardless, Florida's a different team right now, and Tebow has a fire lit under his a$$.
  18. Registered User
    Gtarzan81's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,363
    Rep Power
    778

    a few of you might enjoy this:
    I went to oklahoma city over the weekend, to see some friends. Sunday night before we left, I decided to be a bit antagonistic at the bar we were in. And started doing that damned "gator chomp"
    No one said anything, but I did mysteriously get over charged on my drinks
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Big BAMA is back from the STAN
    By Big BAMA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 08:34 AM
  2. Bama campus shooting?
    By BabyHulk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 11:42 PM
  3. Big BAMA's Spring into Cycle
    By Big BAMA in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 09:24 AM
  4. Anyone else from Bama?
    By bigdave2875 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 10:36 PM
  5. Saban/Bama - why I'm rooting for them to FAIL
    By jmh80 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in