manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
is the man. I am not even talking about football. He is a true man of God and even though I am older, a great role model to me. The guy is a class act. I am not even a gator fan, but I wish him nothing but the best.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I'm not the most religious person but there's no questioning the fact that Tim Tebow is a inspirational figure. As far as his quarterbacking skill, I don't think he's that great but he is overall a hell of a football player and he comes across as truly genuine and gives his all, all of the time on and off the field.

:bruce3:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
is the man. I am not even talking about football. He is a true man of God and even though I am older, a great role model to me. The guy is a class act. I am not even a gator fan, but I wish him nothing but the best.
Agreed... but let's hope God directs his inspirational butt to the NFL this offseason... so my team has a shot at an SEC title!:lol:

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Thats the thing man I am a Bama fan as well...haha We have got a lot of returners so even if he comes back it should be pretty competitive.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Agreed... but let's hope God directs his inspirational butt to the NFL this offseason... so my team has a shot at an SEC title!:lol:
That's funny:toofunny: I have a feeling though that he may stay another year and work on his throwing skills.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
That's funny:toofunny: I have a feeling though that he may stay another year and work on his throwing skills.

I don't think he needs all that much work on his throwing skills. He is just such a threat running the ball that his throwing skills get overlooked. I have seen him throw amazing touch passes...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think he stays, as right now he might slip to day 2 of the draft. He is not a pro qb yet. His delivery is slow, and is not accurate enough

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I don't think he needs all that much work on his throwing skills. He is just such a threat running the ball that his throwing skills get overlooked. I have seen him throw amazing touch passes...
By all accounts he is not on a top NFL level as a passer, he needs another year to change that perception. There's no doubt he will be in the NFL, the question is at what position.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
By all accounts he is not on a top NFL level as a passer, he needs another year to change that perception. There's no doubt he will be in the NFL, the question is at what position.

What do you think? Linebacker?:think:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
What do you think? Linebacker?:think:
Actually at this point he has been spoken of as a possible Tight end or fullback because of his size and running ability. This is not to say that someone wouldn't give him a chance as a quarterback, it just doesn't look like he would go as high as one might think.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He could be a slash type of HBack. Would work well in the Miami Dolphins Wildcat offensive system

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Although i am a huge gator fan i must agree with everyone here, truly is an amazing person, on and off the field.

I hope he stays another year as i as well agree hes not a pro QB yet and dont really think hes Pro QB worthy, Tightend or fullback is something id love to see him goto and test out though.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tebow is one of the most competitive athletes i've ever witnessed in college football. The kid gives it his all on every down of every game.

Do i think he's ready for the nfl right now? No, he needs to fine tune some of his mechanics first. I agree his delivery is too slow, but i disagree about his accuracy. When he has time to set up, he's as accurate as anyone.

I can assure you he'll be an nfl player in the not so distant future. He has the raw talent to proliferate at many different positions, but i truly believe that the QB role is his destiny.

He may not be the prototypical nfl QB by cliche standards, but he possesses many other talents that make him a great fit for that role. He doesn't panic under pressure, and his ability to improvise is uncanny. He's one of those unique players that makes everyone around him better. That is a gift you can't learn, it's innate. Mechanics you can work on and improve thorough practice, however many specific football talents can't be taught.

One more year, Tim! The Gators need another SEC title! :food:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont disagree he will be in the NFL, it is a matter a what position. I just dont see him as a QB. It will be hard for a team to invest the time, coaching and $ on him as a franchise player.

I will say this, his competitiveness is outstanding. I remember earlier in the year watching him jump in the special teams huddle. Friggin priceless

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My new gator t-shirt on the way!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont disagree he will be in the NFL, it is a matter a what position. I just dont see him as a QB. It will be hard for a team to invest the time, coaching and $ on him as a franchise player.

I will say this, his competitiveness is outstanding. I remember earlier in the year watching him jump in the special teams huddle. Friggin priceless
I think he will be, but time will tell. If not, he'd fit the fullback role well imo. He's a power runner all the way, and i don't see them converting him to a TE.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Tim Tebow is who we thought he was, a smart guy. By coming back he has a chance to not only win another Heisman but raise his stock as a quarterback and win another National Championship. The bottom line in all of this though is that he will be successful in life even if he never plays another down in football as he's got his act together.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Tebow is one of the most competitive athletes i've ever witnessed in college football. The kid gives it his all on every down of every game.

Do i think he's ready for the nfl right now? No, he needs to fine tune some of his mechanics first. I agree his delivery is too slow, but i disagree about his accuracy. When he has time to set up, he's as accurate as anyone.

I can assure you he'll be an nfl player in the not so distant future. He has the raw talent to proliferate at many different positions, but i truly believe that the QB role is his destiny.

He may not be the prototypical nfl QB by cliche standards, but he possesses many other talents that make him a great fit for that role. He doesn't panic under pressure, and his ability to improvise is uncanny. He's one of those unique players that makes everyone around him better. That is a gift you can't learn, it's innate. Mechanics you can work on and improve thorough practice, however many specific football talents can't be taught.

One more year, Tim! The Gators need another SEC title! :food:
I agree with everything you just said here bro! Actually...its like damn near what I wanted to say verbatim...go figure!

The only thing I have to add on though...Tim Tebow has a F*cking cannon arm that really never gets displayed (I've watched a lot of film on the guy) and yet because of the system he runs his arm strength gets questioned and scouts say he can't make it as an NFL QB...I beg to differ there. His mechanics need a lot of work for sure...he needs to learn pocket presence and how to run proper 1, 3, 5 step dropbacks and fire the ball...he does throw a hell of a fastball as well. However, his raw talent is well...rarely seen. If you can hone in on his mechanics and develop a pocket presence and get away from the happy feet syndrome he is a legitimate 1st round QB...he has way too much potential and tools to pass up.

cheers!:cheers:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with everything you just said here bro! Actually...its like damn near what I wanted to say verbatim...go figure!

The only thing I have to add on though...Tim Tebow has a F*cking cannon arm that really never gets displayed (I've watched a lot of film on the guy) and yet because of the system he runs his arm strength gets questioned and scouts say he can't make it as an NFL QB...I beg to differ there. His mechanics need a lot of work for sure...he needs to learn pocket presence and how to run proper 1, 3, 5 step dropbacks and fire the ball...he does throw a hell of a fastball as well. However, his raw talent is well...rarely seen. If you can hone in on his mechanics and develop a pocket presence and get away from the happy feet syndrome he is a legitimate 1st round QB...he has way too much potential and tools to pass up.

cheers!:cheers:
I agree as well my friend. His arm strength is definitely overlooked, but as you pointed out, it's the direct result of their offensive set at times. I've been to plenty of games where i've witnessed him throw some impressive bombs during practice.

Florida focuses on giving the ball to its playmakers to make up yards after the catch/handoff, and with the speed florida has at the wide-out and running back positions, tebow doesn't need to gun it down the field. Everytime someone questions his passing ability, he's demonstrated a spectacular play to silence them.

Once he develops the ability to feel more confident in the pocket with a quicker release/delivery, that is when he'll clearly seperate from the rest. You could see that meyer had played with his mindset a bit early in the year demonstrated by his play. We already know he can run well, and improvise as needed, so adding a quicker release and some comfort in the pocket only makes this kid more lethal.

I do see him going 1st round when he does apply for the draft, the kid has just too much potential (at the NFL level) to pass up.

Too many people are comparing him in ways that they shouldn't be at this point. It's pure speculation at best. Let the kid prove himself before labeling him anything. His commendable accomplishments at this point both on and off the field speak volumes alone. How many collegiate athletes can say that! :D

utefan

Awards
The Gators are loaded next year. Tim Tebow should definitely win his second Heisman.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
At this point it looks like Tim won't play a down at quarterback in the NFL

H8dook

H8dook

Banned
Awards
At this point it looks like Tim won't play a down at quarterback in the NFL
He'll play,but his skills/talent will be more utilized in the "wildcat."
All purely speculation at this point.You gotta root for the kid either way.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
He'll play,but his skills/talent will be more utilized in the "wildcat."
All purely speculation at this point.You gotta root for the kid either way.
coming from a browns fan hes worth a 2nd round pick just for the damn motivation he brings the team. that rey lewis like drive. im sick of lil whiny bitches on r team.:damnit1:

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
ok, i may be a little biased being a Vols fan and all but heres my opinion.. Tebows a great person, i just dont see him being a pro style quarterback.. I have heard that the jags are somewhat interested in drafting him, and alot of that is to do with ticket sales.. I may be wrong about him not panning out in the NFL but at the very least it will take him 2-3 years to mature into a decent QB for NFL standards..But i just dont see it happening..

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
tight end. He would make a good one.
this is a typical ignorant statement by analysts... not calling you out but please tell me... isnt this a contradiction...

Tim Tebow will never be able to take the hits he does in college in the nfl ray lewis will knock him out if he tries to scramble...

2 minutes later..

Tim tebow will make a great tight end...

What magic is gonna happen that he will be able to take the beating from ray lewis if hes a TE on the roster and not if hes a QB :damnit1:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A fraud. You will not here his name in two years. God doesn't belong in sports. Take your god sh*t to the church.
Oh yeah... we here you. Btw, you just brought God into this thread. :lame:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this is a typical ignorant statement by analysts... not calling you out but please tell me... isnt this a contradiction...

Tim Tebow will never be able to take the hits he does in college in the nfl ray lewis will knock him out if he tries to scramble...

2 minutes later..

What magic is gonna happen that he will be able to take the beating from ray lewis if hes a TE on the roster and not if hes a QB :damnit1:
He won't get hit, he'll just jump over them :trout:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/28/tim-tebow-can-jump/

We won't find out at the scouting combine if Tim Tebow can throw. But we do know he can jump.

Tebow, the Florida quarterback who declined to participate in passing drills in Indianapolis, did participate in both the vertical jump and the broad jump. And he looked awfully good doing it.

Tebow posted a 38.5-inch vertical, which reportedly tied the all-time combine record for quarterbacks, previously set by Josh McCown. For the sake of comparison with another athletic quarterback, Rich Eisen noted on NFL Network that Michael Vick posted a 38-inch vertical at the 2001 combine.

Shortly after his record-tying vertical, Tebow also posted an impressive broad jump of nine feet, seven inches.

Of course, the obvious question is whether jumping ability is in any way relevant to assessing an NFL quarterback. What Tebow showed on Sunday morning is that he's a good athlete, not a good quarterback. If anything, Tebow may have given some ammunition to those who believe he's best suited to playing another position in the NFL.

Permalink 36 Comments Latest stories in: Latest News and Rumors, NFL Mobile Exclusives - Rumors, Top Stories
...and then...???

killamac27

killamac27

Awards
if he does make a start in the nfl i cant wait for him to meet ray lewis

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
if he does make a start in the nfl i cant wait for him to meet ray lewis
hater whats funny is tim tebow is prolly stronger than 90% of this board, yet training isnt his first priority...

and he was trucking Eric Berry the consensus #1 saftey in this draft.. i think he will handle himself vs ray lewis fine.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
hater whats funny is tim tebow is prolly stronger than 90% of this board, yet training isnt his first priority...

and he was trucking Eric Berry the consensus #1 saftey in this draft.. i think he will handle himself vs ray lewis fine.
haha, i think there is a huge difference in eric berry a safety and ray lewis or any linebacker for that matter... I know which hit you are talking about and he didnt really run rite thru berry...

Tebow had a pretty impressive combine though, he didnt throw, but did extremely well for a qb in all other events.. still dont think he is going to be **** in nfl tho..

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
haha, i think there is a huge difference in eric berry a safety and ray lewis or any linebacker for that matter... I know which hit you are talking about and he didnt really run rite thru berry...

Tebow had a pretty impressive combine though, he didnt throw, but did extremely well for a qb in all other events.. still dont think he is going to be **** in nfl tho..
theres a huge difference but gurantee tebow is just as fast as ray lewis.. there is no way ray ray is faster then a 4.7 now..Tebow wont be intimated by ray lewis..

and i was PISSED he didnt bench he woulda broke quinns rep record for qbs

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i love the hate, ppl need to do something with there lives rather then be jealous and try to hope he fails so hes down to your levels.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
i love the hate, ppl need to do something with there lives rather then be jealous and try to hope he fails so hes down to your levels.
Dude chill!!! I take it you're a Teblow fan and thats OK. But face it, he doesnt have the mechanics to be an NFL QB, at least not in the next year or 2. He is the epidome of physically fit and I can see him learning the TE position with a backup QB status for now...BTW..Whats my level?:raincloud:

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Dude chill!!! I take it you're a Teblow fan and thats OK. But face it, he doesnt have the mechanics to be an NFL QB, at least not in the next year or 2. He is the epidome of physically fit and I can see him learning the TE position with a backup QB status for now...BTW..Whats my level?:raincloud:
i wasnt directing this at you, im just saying the hate for him is crazy. Hes hated because hes religous? Or won 2 titles? or 1 heisman? or the only qb to throw 20 and rush for 20 tds in a season... Cracking on him for religon or about his nfl abilities is dumb because its still more than anyone on this board has accomplished. thats all.

BigRed86

Awards

2 minutes later..

Yes yes i know the whole thing about taking hits. They did announce that that hit he took was not a major one, and somethign along the lines of he can take more hits. He just needs to learn how to avoid getting hit more. he likes to run at people. I know hes big but come on at least try to get aroudn somone.
But all that aside. Agreed on he would be a better side line coach of some sort or a chaplain. :icon_lol:

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
theres a huge difference but gurantee tebow is just as fast as ray lewis.. there is no way ray ray is faster then a 4.7 now..Tebow wont be intimated by ray lewis..

and i was PISSED he didnt bench he woulda broke quinns rep record for qbs
yea dude, he would have shattered that record.. I use to be a tebow hater when he played for Florida and beat up on Tennessee, but now honestly im hoping he does ok in NFL.. but i just cant see it..

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yea dude, he would have shattered that record.. I use to be a tebow hater when he played for Florida and beat up on Tennessee, but now honestly im hoping he does ok in NFL.. but i just cant see it..
yea i was a tebow hater when he beat up on my buckeyes as a freshman but then i realized that maybe my team just sucks you cant hate the oppenent for being better lol...

He has Testman coaching him who has helped coach several WCO qbs and hes working with the guy who tinkered with phillip rivers realase and learning nfl terminology as well hes putting in the work. HEs won in HS won in College give him a coach who will coachto his strengths he will win in the nfl... I mean put him on a team like the steelers with a solid Oline great running game good wide outs and top 5 defense, hes gonna win. Put him on a dysfunctional team hes not.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
yea i was a tebow hater when he beat up on my buckeyes as a freshman but then i realized that maybe my team just sucks you cant hate the oppenent for being better lol...

He has Testman coaching him who has helped coach several WCO qbs and hes working with the guy who tinkered with phillip rivers realase and learning nfl terminology as well hes putting in the work. HEs won in HS won in College give him a coach who will coachto his strengths he will win in the nfl... I mean put him on a team like the steelers with a solid Oline great running game good wide outs and top 5 defense, hes gonna win. Put him on a dysfunctional team hes not.
Yeah!! pittsburgh needs a Qb right about now with the ben roethlisburger rape allegations. Perhaps Ben can confess his sins to Lord Tebow (i just had to get that in)
:439::booty: