Joe Torre - AnabolicMinds.com

Joe Torre

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Joe Torre

The haters have to give this man some respect, he did a great job with the Dodgers this year and has them right where they need to be at the right time.

As a long time Yankee fan I am pissed that they did not recognize him in the stadium closing festivities. That he is no longer with the Yanks is one thing, the time had come for him and the team but, his work there was without question fantastic. There will probably be some long faces in NY when he has the Dodgers in the World Series, I won't be one of them.

:bruce3:

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

I can't wait to see a Dodgers - Sox world series, followed by a dodgers sweep.

Honestly though, Joe's finger prints will be on that team for some time to come. The fact they didn't bring him back was rather disappointing, but he may have been too busy with the playoff race to go from coast to coast. Either way no Yanks = LETS GO JOE!
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    I can't wait to see a Dodgers - Sox world series, followed by a dodgers sweep.

Honestly though, Joe's finger prints will be on that team for some time to come. The fact they didn't bring him back was rather disappointing, but he may have been too busy with the playoff race to go from coast to coast. Either way no Yanks = LETS GO JOE!
    Considering the red sox have won 8 straight world series games, it ain't gonna happen bud.

I myself commend torre on his job in LA. I hated him as a yankee, but not so much as a dodger. If it came down to a sox/dodgers world series......sox take it in 5.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

•   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    The haters have to give this man some respect, he did a great job with the Dodgers this year and has them right where they need to be at the right time.

As a long time Yankee fan I am pissed that they did not recognize him in the stadium closing festivities. That he is no longer with the Yanks is one thing, the time had come for him and the team but, his work there was without question fantastic. There will probably be some long faces in NY when he has the Dodgers in the World Series, I won't be one of them.

Even i agree that was absurd!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Considering the red sox have won 8 straight world series games, it ain't gonna happen bud.

I myself commend torre on his job in LA. I hated him as a yankee, but not so much as a dodger. If it came down to a sox/dodgers world series......sox take it in 5.

Yea but that was with manny in the lineup. For baseballs sake I hope we see a dodgers-red sox world series. For my sake I hope to see a dodgers ws title, for Joe of course.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

All of this Dodger-Red Sox Talk of course is quite premature. Let's get through and to the NLCS and ALCS respectively. There are other teams who still can have a big say in this. On another note, the Cubs meltdown was once again unbelievable. How many years can this go on, Damn,Mrs. O'Leary's cow was a bad b!tch.

7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    All of this Dodger-Red Sox Talk of course is quite premature. Let's get through and to the NLCS and ALCS respectively. There are other teams who still can have a big say in this. On another note, the Cubs meltdown was once again unbelievable. How many years can this go on, Damn,Mrs. O'Leary's cow was a bad b!tch.

Soriano quote after loosing, pertaining to the cubs fans: "they just have to be patient" AHAHAHAHAHAHA
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

ive been a red sox for a long time no since ive learned the rest of my family are yankee fans and i always believed the only reason the yankees won was because of how much they spent in the off seasons and i never gave torre any credit but he definatly proved me wrong coming out here to L.A. and getting them into the NLCS
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by amoc6 View Post
    ive been a red sox for a long time no since ive learned the rest of my family are yankee fans and i always believed the only reason the yankees won was because of how much they spent in the off seasons and i never gave torre any credit but he definatly proved me wrong coming out here to L.A. and getting them into the NLCS
    The reason that the Yankees win is because they have always won, they don't accept anything else. They have their lull times but other than the 80's since 1920 they have won at least 1 championship in each decade. In the latest edition 1996-2007, Joe Torre was a big part of that legacy.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Torre Gone
    By TenMan in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 12:01 AM