Tom Brady out for the season?

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
So it looks like Tom Brady is out for the season. They have not confirmed it, but more than likely a torn ACL which will keep him out.

I think the AFC is up for grabs now. Sad to see it happen within minutes of the first game.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't believe it myself. Not until the MRI confirms a strutural damage (ACL,MCL,LCL, or PCL) though can they truly be certain. There are a few range of motion exercises though that can suggest ACL involvement if unable to complete. We shall see this week.

The loss of brady is huge, but the pats will find a way to get through this.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe it myself. Not until the MRI confirms a strutural damage (ACL,MCL,LCL, or PCL) though can they truly be certain. There are a few range of motion exercises though that can suggest ACL involvement if unable to complete. We shall see this week.

The loss of brady is huge, but the pats will find a way to get through this.
the loss of brady is indeed huge. matt castle has been a backup for a few years now and knows the offense. but he is not tom brady. im sure the pats and their coach bill billicheck( i know wrong spelling) will figure it out. They can always "cheat" like they did last year..LOL.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
As much as I don't like the Patriots (Buffalo Bills fan) that really is sh!tty to lose a player like Brady in the first game of the season. The Patriots do have a lot of depth in their team though so I would definitely not count them out just yet like some people are. I do think it is going to make the AFC a lot more competitive though.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question: "How will the Pats fare this season?"

Answer: Google, "Bill Belichick's record without Tom Brady".

:)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question: "How will the Pats fare this season?"

Answer: Google, "Bill Belichick's record without Tom Brady".

:)
I could have swore that "mediocre" bears team laid a whoopin' on the colts last night........:lol:

At least the pats won their game. haha. ;)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well all I can say is that for the Steelers I am happy, as they become a team to beat in the AFC (bad way to get it though). My daughter and I watched a good portion of the game dressed up in our steel colors (yes we are sad folks here)

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
I would never wish this upon Brady, especially since he's on my fantasy football team....but that's one less team to worry about as superbowl contenders.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
he will be back last game!!
Source? The Pats can possibly make it to the play offs without him and do good if he plays from then on. But, I thought once a player is put on IR he is out for the season indefinitely. Yeah, no?

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Source? The Pats can possibly make it to the play offs without him and do good if he plays from then on. But, I thought once a player is put on IR he is out for the season indefinitely. Yeah, no?
With the injury he is reported to have, there is no way he is coming back this season. That being said, the Patriots are still dangerous team, not a one man show. Instead of scoring 50, they will just grind it out.

:bruce3:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No doubt with the injury brady sustained he's most certainly gone for the year. I think they looked pretty good overall yesterday. The offense didn't make any mistakes, and belichick used the defense to make the big differences in the end.

We have miami next week. :D

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
No doubt with the injury brady sustained he's most certainly gone for the year. I think they looked pretty good overall yesterday. The offense didn't make any mistakes, and belichick used the defense to make the big differences in the end.

We have miami next week. :D
I just don't understand how every year I think "OK, the Pats D isn't going to be nearly as good as it was last year..." Every year! It's...It's just not fair!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
keep one thing in mind, it was the Jets

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
keep one thing in mind, it was the Jets
Not much of a difference from the browns. ;)

Don't count the pats out of anything yet, that's for certain. They don't have brady, but they have many other weapons to rely on to get it done.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just don't understand how every year I think "OK, the Pats D isn't going to be nearly as good as it was last year..." Every year! It's...It's just not fair!
Bellichick knows how to make good with what he has. His defensive teams always produce effective results. This year it's needed more than ever to compliment the offense.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Pats are far from out........

What, they move from the 1st or 2nd seed down to the 4th or 5th?

They will be an obstacle in the AFC East, err shall I say division, err conference, err the whole league.

Nothing the mannings cant handle........lol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pats are far from out........

What, they move from the 1st or 2nd seed down to the 4th or 5th?

They will be an obstacle in the AFC East, err shall I say division, err conference, err the whole league.

Nothing the mannings cant handle........lol
Peyton certainly has his own problems evinced by the colts performance in the first 2 weeks. Marvin Harrison looks very aged in his skills, or at least demonstrated thusfar. Reggie Wayne is freakin' silly though. They barely skirted by the vikings.

I'm fairly confident the pats still hold the upper hand in winning the AFC east. If cassel can continue to progress in the role these pats will be a force to be reckoned with. It's still early, but so far i'm impressed by what i've seen.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Peyton certainly has his own problems evinced by the colts performance in the first 2 weeks. Marvin Harrison looks very aged in his skills, or at least demonstrated thusfar. Reggie Wayne is freakin' silly though. They barely skirted by the vikings.

I'm fairly confident the pats still hold the upper hand in winning the AFC east. If cassel can continue to progress in the role these pats will be a force to be reckoned with. It's still early, but so far i'm impressed by what i've seen.

i agree.......its early though..........and crazy shite happens in the post season..........

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
brady is a robot. can't improvise and if you pressure him he folds. stick anybody in with his line and receivers and you will get the same outcome.

Super Bowl XLIII I think will now be The Manning Bowl.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
brady is a robot. can't improvise and if you pressure him he folds. stick anybody in with his line and receivers and you will get the same outcome.
That's just not the case; I have more irrational Brady-hate than most people, but he is a fantastic QB. The most favorable attributes of a QB can be debated (field vision, accuracy, pocket control, leadership and so on), but it cannot be debated Tom Brady is a one of the greatest. Obviously, nowhere near my man Peyton, but up there.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established

Super Bowl XLIII I think will now be The Manning Bowl.

Bro, i would love it.......... I have a Manning's mancrush....

I dont see it though....colts better straighten it out.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
That's just not the case; I have more irrational Brady-hate than most people, but he is a fantastic QB. The most favorable attributes of a QB can be debated (field vision, accuracy, pocket control, leadership and so on), but it cannot be debated Tom Brady is a one of the greatest. Obviously, nowhere near my man Peyton, but up there.

brady is an excellent QB, cant take it away........

stellar players and a stellar coach makes his job REAL easy.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brady's proved he can win with an average team, and a very good team. Peyton was birthed into a QB thriving environment. Now that some of that offensive talent has lost its edge, suddenly the colts look very average all around. They are damn lucky they aren't 0-2 right now.

Peyton is good, no doubt about it, but to compare him to brady is pointless. You can talk stats all day long in saying whose the best on "paper", but the reality is leadership goes far beyond pure physical abilities alone. Mental stability, focus, drive, and charisma/morale are a huge part of the role that's often overlooked. You don't win 3 superbowl rings as a QB without being a respected and effective leader.

There is no other man i'd want to have lead my team during a last minute drive to win the game. Granted this is nothing more than subjective views in the eye of the beholder, but my it's my view all the same.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

And the colts are different here just how exactly? They have all the tools to get it done in a fairly equal light, but the difference is the pats have succeded more often in recent times than the colts with what they had.

Brady's teams were at one time no where near the caliber of peyton's.....especially at the wide receiver position.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
And the colts are different here just how exactly? They have all the tools to get it done in a fairly equal light, but the difference is the pats have succeded more often in recent times than the colts with what they had.

Brady's teams were at one time no where near the caliber of peyton's.....especially at the wide receiver position.

two different teams, two different coaches...........

the superbowl pats had an overall better team, some will argue even a better coaching staff......

sounds like you just want to argue..........

say when, lunger.

On any given sunday.............

Damn, i think i am going to youtube to watch the vid of Eli beating them loudmouth fockers. That will make me smile.

If that dont do it, i can always replay Brady getting injured this year.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
two different teams, two different coaches...........

the superbowl pats had an overall better team, some will argue even a better coaching staff......

sounds like you just want to argue..........

say when, lunger.

On any given sunday.............

Damn, i think i am going to youtube to watch the vid of Eli beating them loudmouth fockers. That will make me smile.

Just the class you typically demonstrate here on AM. Smile at someone getting hurt, huh?....wow

I suggest you re-read the majority of your postings (and not in this thread either) if you seriously believe i'm the one that likes to argue. The pot calling the kettle black now are we? There is a term for this type of ill perceived thinking, it's called being delusional. :fool2:

Last edited:
Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a Pats fan, by far. My friend is and I like to argue with him about it. They spanked the Cowboys in their last 2 meetings, once with a 10-0 skunk.

However, you can't take a damn thing away from Brady. Peyton has 3 first round receivers and a first round running back. Brady has shown he can do it with a subpar offense.

When it is all said and done, Brady will be considered the greatest QB to have played the game. He doesn't always fold under pressure, that's just taking credit away from a stellar Giants D.

Jetta

Awards
I'm not a Pats fan, by far. My friend is and I like to argue with him about it. They spanked the Cowboys in their last 2 meetings, once with a 10-0 skunk.

However, you can't take a damn thing away from Brady. Peyton has 3 first round receivers and a first round running back. Brady has shown he can do it with a subpar offense.

When it is all said and done, Brady will be considered the greatest QB to have played the game. He doesn't always fold under pressure, that's just taking credit away from a stellar Giants D.

Exactly! I'm not sure where people get the idea that he folds under pressure. Are they watching the same team I am?? Brady f'ing comes alive under pressure. If anything he takes a damn nap when there is no pressure. Not sure about the finer points of the QB position but he's considered to have superior leadership qualities and deep understanding of the game. I'm not a football expert but to me that is the key thing that makes a great QB. At least in the first quarter of game 1 he was looking like he was picking up where he left off - it would have been a long season for the rest of the NFL. He was just picking apart that defense effortlessly.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Just the class you typically demonstrate here on AM. Smile at someone getting hurt, huh?....wow

I suggest you re-read the majority of your postings (and not in this thread either) if you seriously believe i'm the one that likes to argue. The pot calling the kettle black now are we? There is a term for this type of ill perceived thinking, it's called being delusional. :fool2:
Actually the term is hypocrisy.......Delusional is quite different. Webster, give him a call.

i apologize for not being perfect Trauma. I will try to be more like you, lol.

I stated earlier, he is a great quarterback. I also stated he had excellent players and coaching staff, which is very true..........Then you went off on a colts=pats tangent.........

"Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS

Perfect Trauma-"And the colts are different here just how exactly? They have all the tools to get it done in a fairly equal light, but the difference is the pats have succeded more often in recent times than the colts with what they had.

Brady's teams were at one time no where near the caliber of peyton's.....especially at the wide receiver position. "

Talk about a ball from left field.

However.

Im with mullet, i have a real dislike for brady and the patriots.

I am a St.Louis fan, we were robbed in the 2001 season superbowl.

So, I have deep seeded issues with that team.

As always Trauma, its been a pleasure.

PS. This is what makes me smile...........not a brady injury.....but it did stir the pot with you......lol

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

IainDaniel

Awards
No respect for the Bills in the AFC east. They are a very good team.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually the term is hypocrisy.......Delusional is quite different. Webster, give him a call.

Lol! - I think you need to re-visit webster yourself there professor, because my implied statement very much exemplifies the intended meaning.

I suggest you re-read the majority of your postings (and not in this thread either) if you seriously believe i'm the one that likes to argue.
Here's the definition since you apparently need it:

de·lu·sion (d-lzhn)
n.
a. The act or process of deluding.
b. The state of being deluded.
2. A false belief or opinion:
3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution

Yup, sure sounds like the proper use of the statement to me. ;) The "Pot calling the kettle black" sure is a classic idiom demonstrative of hypocrisy. Do you really have to think that hard why i threw that in there as well? At least you caught on to part of the entire cumulative statements implied intent, so nice work there.

hy·poc·ri·sy (h-pkr-s)
n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies
1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

2. An act or instance of such falseness

i apologize for not being perfect Trauma. I will try to be more like you, lol.

I stated earlier, he is a great quarterback. I also stated he had excellent players and coaching staff, which is very true..........Then you went off on a colts=pats tangent.........

Yet another ill-perceived statement. A tangent huh? Lol! Who was the one that said "Nothing the manning's can't handle? Come on now, over the years it's quite the fact that brady and the patriots have had the upperhand in those battles with manning and the colts. Eli was 1 for 2 against the pats last year, but yes won the one that counted most in the end, so well done on his part. I stated my "subjective opinion", and you made it out to be a tangent? Lol! Since you missed it, this may help:

There is no other man i'd want to have lead my team during a last minute drive to win the game. Granted this is nothing more than subjective views in the eye of the beholder, but my it's my view all the same.

"Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS

Perfect Trauma-"And the colts are different here just how exactly? They have all the tools to get it done in a fairly equal light, but the difference is the pats have succeded more often in recent times than the colts with what they had.

Brady's teams were at one time no where near the caliber of peyton's.....especially at the wide receiver position. "

Talk about a ball from left field.

However.

Im with mullet, i have a real dislike for brady and the patriots.

I am a St.Louis fan, we were robbed in the 2001 season superbowl.

Robbed, huh? Sounds more like being a sore loser to me. Do you need a tissue? :sad: :rolleyes:

It was the 2002 superbowl there loyal st. louis fan, not 2001.

So, I have deep seeded issues with that team.

Sounds like a solid arguement you have here for disliking the pats. ......:rolleyes:

As always Trauma, its been a pleasure.

PS. This is what makes me smile...........not a brady injury.....but it did stir the pot with you......lol

Really now, because you clearly stated this:

Sure looks pretty clearly implied to me, but nice "deflection" statment yet again. :clap2:
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Oh, and as always, it's been a pleasure as well. :afro:

Lets get this thread back on topic now instead of adding un-needed drama.

Last edited:
Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Trauma, are you really sure you want to keep the topic on hand?

Sure doesnt look that way.
Your rebutles in order.
1. You do want to argue. Thats clear. So the delusional argument is out the window.
2. You quoted one statement, then made an argument on another? pick one and stick to it.
3. 2001 season=2002 superbowl.....clearly stated.
4. I realed you in bro..........LOL....

late! sucka.

Last edited:
Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Back to Brady.... I took him in the first round 3rd overall pick in my fantasy football league, and wanted to throw up after he was injured... then confirmed he would be out for the season.

Alas, midway the Raiders and Broncos game, I rushed my happly lil ass over to the comp and picked Cutler AND royal up lol!

Brady is just one of those guys (on the field as far as I know) that you cannot deny. Talent, skill, leadership.... can't deny the man.

Last edited:
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trauma, are you really sure you want to keep the topic on hand?

Sure doesnt look that way.
Your rebutles in order.
1. You do want to argue. Thats clear. So the delusional argument is out the window.
2. You quoted one statement, then made an argument on another? pick one and stick to it.
3. 2001 season=2002 superbowl.....clearly stated.
4. I realed you in bro..........LOL....

late! sucka.
My god you're seriously clueless.........

It's "Reeled" in btw. It's been "real" though. Don't quit your day job there bud.

Back on topic now.

Last edited:
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back to Brady.... I took him in the first round 3rd overall pick in my fantasy football league, and wanted to throw up after he was injured... then confirmed he would be out for the season.

Alas, midway the Raiders and Broncos game, I rushed my happly lil ass over to the comp and picked Cutler AND royal up lol!

Brady is just one of those guys (on the field as far as I know) that you cannot deny. Talent, skill, leadership.... can't deny the man.
Yeah he was on my fantasy team (i dropped him as a result of the injury to make room), and what a loss it is. My backup now is jon kitna. I'm so screwed......

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
My god you're seriously clueless.........

It's "Reeled" in btw. It's been "real" though. Don't quite your day job there bud.

Back on topic now.

yeah, back on topic

blome

thanks for the spellcheck though.......

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah he was on my fantasy team (i dropped him as a result of the injury to make room), and what a loss it is. My backup now is jon kitna. I'm so screwed......
Kurt Warner's pretty hot right now, I can't imagine anyone starting him unless you're in a deeper league. I used him last week since I wasn't dead set on Cutler just yet, they both produced awesome stats.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kurt Warner's pretty hot right now, I can't imagine anyone starting him unless you're in a deeper league. I used him last week since I wasn't dead set on Cutler just yet, they both produced awesome stats.
KW's stats were actually decently impressive in the latter half of last year as well; in fact, I think he had one of the more impressive stat packs for all QBs since he was put in to start last year (ICR which week, exactly).

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
KW's stats were actually decently impressive in the latter half of last year as well; in fact, I think he had one of the more impressive stat packs for all QBs since he was put in to start last year (ICR which week, exactly).
Yeah I think he had something like 20+ TD passes in the final 8 games. Whatever the stat was, it looks like it's carrying over.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
No respect for the Bills in the AFC east. They are a very good team.
Actually, no respect is good for them, let everyone else get the attention and just do what you do. They are still a young team, the attention could be a distraction. If they continue to play well, it will come.

:bruce3:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Luckily the rest of my team is fairly stacked though. In all reality, the quarterback position isn't going to give your fantasy team the win every week anyway. Hell, my WR's, burress, santana moss, and welker have done me well.

Cutler certainly has the talent, but whether or not he is able to develop it fully over time is another story. I just wish my backup QB was more solid overall. I even thought about jeff garcia for a bit as a backup. The only downside is the TB WR slots outside joey galloway are a gamble, however i have the bucs and steelers on D. :D

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Luckily the rest of my team is fairly stacked though. In all reality, the quarterback position isn't going to give your fantasy team the win every week anyway. Hell, my WR's, burress, santana moss, and welker have done me well.

Cutler certainly has the talent, but whether or not he is able to develop it fully over time is another story. I just wish my backup QB was more solid overall. I even thought about jeff garcia for a bit as a backup. The only downside is the TB WR slots outside joey galloway are a gamble, however i have the bucs and steelers on D. :D
I dunno bro, he made Eddie Royal look like Jerry Rice in week one. I saw the fire in his eyes when they went for 2 the following week, I was sold. It is only week 2, and i'm hanging on to Warner just in case.

As far as the points go here are my top scoring players in a PPR league (only 2 weeks, so...) Cutler: 62. Warner: 45 Boldin: 43.
Dude if Warner is still available, snatch him up and drop Kitna.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dunno bro, he made Eddie Royal look like Jerry Rice in week one. I saw the fire in his eyes when they went for 2 the following week, I was sold. It is only week 2, and i'm hanging on to Warner just in case.

As far as the points go here are my top scoring players in a PPR league (only 2 weeks, so...) Cutler: 62. Warner: 45 Boldin: 43.
Dude if Warner is still available, snatch him up and drop Kitna.
I actually think kitna may be ok with the team i already have. Time shall tell. I'm going to search through who's left though just for shitz and giggles.

Reggie Bush has been giving me some solid numbers every week.