• Legend!
  • Established
The MLB is presently in-season.

The NBA is presently off-season.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
in the next olympics i heard they are going to take out the baseball and softball bkuz we dominate.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
'Cause Congress says they are all on Steroids!

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
well, most of our young stars that are playing have already been drafted by a MLB team...

So it's our up and coming that are kicking ass

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
in the next olympics i heard they are going to take out the baseball and softball bkuz we dominate.
As it turns out, not this year. It seems that out softball and baseball teams looked a little too far ahead and got whacked.

:bruce3:

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Did women's softball lose the gold? I realize that mostly no one cares about this sport, but I want to make sure we get the easy golds where we can while all of those Chinese infants snag the gymnastics medals.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Yes, they lost the gold in the last game against China I think it was.

IainDaniel

Awards
It was Japan, the chicks lost to.

The reason both baseball and softball were removed, is political. A large chunk of the voting power is held by European delegates. That and the lack of Global interest in Baseball.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I hate to tell you this but if we did send MLB players to the olympics, we still might get our butts kicked since quite a few of the players that you know and love would be playing for other countries. Just a reality check.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Does the MLB have any Amercian citizens? ;)

Good question, btw, I noticed your Superman clip. Do you know what iconic movie George Reeves had a feature part in. HInt (it was way before both of our times.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will confess I did google doing research of George when I was looking for original Superman footage.

Gone with the wind.

dahbuldee

Awards
saw an interview Bob Costas did with one of the Olympic committee honchos. He said there were 2 reasons they were kicking baseball and softball from the Olympics. 1) Because of the problems with doping (steroids) that have come to media attention 2) because the U.S. tends to dominate.

Costas argued that softball was being removed basically because it was guilty by association with baseball and that the committee members were too ignorant to distinguish b/t the 2. the honcho guy agreed but said softball didn't do enough to argue its case.

I think 2 is a complete BS reason. They should kick table tennis based on that.

The honcho guy said maybe they can come back in 2016 but there are other sports like karate that are trying get in too and only like 4 slots open for new sports.

Probably won't see MLB in there for a long time.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I will confess I did google doing research of George when I was looking for original Superman footage.

Gone with the wind.
Thanks for being honest. I remember as a young kid seeing Gone with the Wind for the 1st time and asking my mom why Superman was in it and what happened to his powers (lol). btw, does anyone remember the big push in the 70's to try to get bodybuilding into the olympics.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have yet to see Gone with the Wind in its entirety. Other than some classic scenes and quotes. :)