Focus XT

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I was looking into focus xt or pretty much ALCAR in general and I feel like I could really benefit from the mental properties. I was looking up the ingredients in focus xt and I was wondering if you had to cycle focus xt because of the vinpocetine and the huperzine A? Great ingredients no doubt. Also supplementing ALCAR could be year round? Reason I'm asking is I'm going into a double semester of Organic Chem and physiology and I read that users with ALCAR supplementing at 1-2g a day for 50 days noticed a dramatic effect in the cognitive processes. Thanks! Just don't want to supplement for so long that it's causing suppression like supplementing L-arginine, reduced levels ect..

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SMS ALCAR is actually a staple for me at 1g a day it's amazing stuff and I'll use it year around...as for focus xt I'm sure a rep will step up as I'm not to informed on it all I know is that it is amazing stuff

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Yea I'm really interested in ALCAR, but everyone was so fond of focus xt that I started to research the ingredients. Amazing stuff let me tell you that! So I'm really interesting in this stuff. I believe I came across a study that supplementing just ALCAR doesn't intact reduce levels or something like that but increases free radicals? I'm guessing that's why they are saying supplement Na-RLA, for the antioxidant. But what I was also wondering is I understand the ALCAR is better for bioavailability but with an empty stomach...as for vinpocetine food actually increases the bioavailability.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No need to bump, a rep will always find your threads in this forum.

For Focus XT, I highly suggest you cycle, as you said plus the fact that you need to cycle stimulants (caffeine) anyways. Depending how many scoops you use per day, and how many days per week, may want to take off a few weeks after 1-2 tubs.

Cooper will surely comment with some in depth knowledge on your ALCAR questions. I believe I've seen something familiar with ALCAR being pro-oxidative, but if I recall correctly, it was an extremely large dose.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Ok, sorry! I'm mostly a reader not a poster :D but i would have guessed to cycle focus xt. I appreciate the response! Yea coop has answered a couple of questions of mine, but I kinda made this thread for the 2 birds with 1 stone.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, sorry! I'm mostly a reader not a poster :D but i would have guessed to cycle focus xt. I appreciate the response! Yea coop has answered a couple of questions of mine, but I kinda made this thread for the 2 birds with 1 stone.
No worries, just letting you know, we won't ignore you!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Without disclosing too much, the vinpocetine and Hup A, primarily the latter, are responsibly dosed. Using several tubs in a row to elevate brain ACh is definitely a viable option, and it should be even easier when we release the caffeine-free version

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Oh im not asking to disclose anything! I'm not doubting anything that SNS does due to the positive feedback on Focus XT. What my main question was if i should take time off due to those ingredients, i've read the studies, know the recommended dosages, but i was wondering how long someone could be on it. Also coop, i was wondering if ALCAR could be used year round since everyone knows that your the king when it comes to that supp. Just a newbie getting into nootropics (kinda) especially after your thread "Me, My Brain, and ALCAR." Since i feel it could benefit me in the long run due to O-chem and Bio-medical classes i will be taking in the up coming years!

Haha thanks!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Oh im not asking to disclose anything! I'm not doubting anything that SNS does due to the positive feedback on Focus XT. What my main question was if i should take time off due to those ingredients, i've read the studies, know the recommended dosages, but i was wondering how long someone could be on it. Also coop, i was wondering if ALCAR could be used year round since everyone knows that your the king when it comes to that supp. Just a newbie getting into nootropics (kinda) especially after your thread "Me, My Brain, and ALCAR." Since i feel it could benefit me in the long run due to O-chem and Bio-medical classes i will be taking in the up coming years!

Haha thanks!
Haha, I suppose you could use ALCAR year-round though I like to cycle off everything at least for a bit. You can use Focus XT daily for up to 3 months in a row before cycling off (it actually gets better with continuous use).

Are you an undergrad science major or grad?

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, I even cycle off my multivitamins. Just making sure since like I said I am a newbie to the supp world sorta (about year and a half) but I love reading on the physiology of stuff and how it interacts with the body.

Yes, I will be going into my 3rd year of undergrad. I am currently a double major focused on becoming a Registered Dietitian and Microbiology (more in depth at the cellular level) with a minor in chemistry and kensiology. I'm kinda shooting for the stars right now with that that biology degree, planning on taking the MCAT spring semester, but well see how that goes..

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, I even cycle off my multivitamins. Just making sure since like I said I am a newbie to the supp world sorta (about year and a half) but I love reading on the physiology of stuff and how it interacts with the body.

Yes, I will be going into my 3rd year of undergrad. I am currently a double major focused on becoming a Registered Dietitian and Microbiology (more in depth at the cellular level) with a minor in chemistry and kensiology. I'm kinda shooting for the stars right now with that that biology degree, planning on taking the MCAT spring semester, but well see how that goes..
Awesome dude, keep at it. Start early for that MCAT, as there's really no limit to how much prep you can put in.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Yea definitely, I appreciate it! I've been talkin to PA a little, he's an organic chemist. What about you coop? What's your major/degree?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea definitely, I appreciate it! I've been talkin to PA a little, he's an organic chemist. What about you coop? What's your major/degree?
Pretty sure Coop is a multi-degree, overachiever who just graduated.

I'm jelle.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
haha i get that hint, but still in awe in how much he knows! But staying on topic, staying on Focus XT for 3 months then taking a break, i guess ill do what i do with every supp, Time on = Time off. But i guess ill be saving that purchase for the beginning of the semester when i start taking those classes, but what about ALCAR? Im sure you could go longer? say 6 months and obviously im not going to be going half a year on off time with ALCAR. :D

On the side note: If he knows that much (as well as personal researching) from school, im excited for the years to come!

Last edited:
NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha i get that hint, but still in awe in how much he knows! But staying on topic, staying on Focus XT for 3 months then taking a break, i guess ill do what i do with every supp, Time on = Time off. But i guess ill be saving that purchase for the beginning of the semester when i start taking those classes, but what about ALCAR? Im sure you could go longer? say 6 months and obviously im not going to be going half a year on off time with ALCAR. :D

On the side note: If he knows that much (as well as personal researching) from school, im excited for the years to come!
I would not use the time on = time off personally for Focus XT, if you indeed go 3 months on, I'd personally do 4-6 weeks off of all stims and nootropics.

I don't use stims as harshly and often as some people, so my time off them is minimal.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Oooh, that's just how I usually do it, like for instance, right now I'm cutting out my caffeine consumption beside my pre work out. I've drank coffee for the past 2 months and I usually go a month with out it, but I love coffee too much to give it up for 2 months. It's my justification of explaining how I cycle my supps but it's not true to the dot, If you know what I mean. But I feel if I can be on focus xt for 3 months (1 scoop/day?) then I would rather save it for when I start school again since I have my O-Chem class at 9am then my biomed class right after. But if I can start the ALCAR now and persist through the semester that would be amazing. But I don't want to be dependent on supps though, just a little helper:D

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oooh, that's just how I usually do it, like for instance, right now I'm cutting out my caffeine consumption beside my pre work out. I've drank coffee for the past 2 months and I usually go a month with out it, but I love coffee too much to give it up for 2 months. It's my justification of explaining how I cycle my supps but it's not true to the dot, If you know what I mean. But I feel if I can be on focus xt for 3 months (1 scoop/day?) then I would rather save it for when I start school again since I have my O-Chem class at 9am then my biomed class right after. But if I can start the ALCAR now and persist through the semester that would be amazing. But I don't want to be dependent on supps though, just a little helper:D
I wouldn't say you will become dependent. I do just fine without my Focus XT/nootropics when I'm cycling off during the school year. You could definitely start ALCAR now, and when your classes begin drink 1/2 scoop before your first, then finish the other half before your second, or just sip it to maintain.

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Just picked up 2 tubs of focus xt, cotton candy. Have been taking craze for a few months, but looking forward to trying something different. Focus xt has had nothing but good comments. Tomorrow will be the test. Looking forward to it..

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Just picked up 2 tubs of focus xt, cotton candy. Have been taking craze for a few months, but looking forward to trying something different. Focus xt has had nothing but good comments. Tomorrow will be the test. Looking forward to it..
I've been addicted to the cotton candy recently. Such an incredible flavor.

Reactions: mw1
rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Took 1 heaping scoop of focus xt this morning for the 1st time. Definitely felt more focused in the gym, but 10 minutes after i drank it, i had to run to bathroom with with bowel troubles. Anyone else have this problem?

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
It has been reported that it gives the turbo poos! Im kinda worried about that haha! Protein shakes give me the turns, but only on certain days i change my diet to accommodate what muscle group im working.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Took 1 heaping scoop of focus xt this morning for the 1st time. Definitely felt more focused in the gym, but 10 minutes after i drank it, i had to run to bathroom with with bowel troubles. Anyone else have this problem?
Empty stomach?

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Yes empty stomach. Thought it would have stronger effect that way.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Most people need to have a bowel movement in the morning, but without stimulation by consumption of food or water, they will not poop. If Focus XT was the first thing you had this morning and had you had to poop shortly after, I would actually call that normal. Now, if you got the runs, it's a different story, so let us know!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I had the bad case of the focus Poops yesterday and was green... Fug

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Gonna let a few friends try it to see if they have same results as me...

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys, tried my first scoop this morning before work, damn I felt that within 30 minutes. The effects are still sort of going but are deminishing, had one of my co-workers try it, already bought 2 tubs, Anyways, I didnt get the turbo poos but the gas is unreal... Nice supp guys and I will probably be buying more for the semester! After work Im going to replace my pre workout with focus and see if it's beneficial since I'm always trying to improve my movements as well as my form. Stay tuned:)

Edit: after reading this, definitely a mood booster. Could be a placebo but highly doubt it.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Alright guys, tried my first scoop this morning before work, damn I felt that within 30 minutes. The effects are still sort of going but are deminishing, had one of my co-workers try it, already bought 2 tubs, Anyways, I didnt get the turbo poos but the gas is unreal... Nice supp guys and I will probably be buying more for the semester! After work Im going to replace my pre workout with focus and see if it's beneficial since I'm always trying to improve my movements as well as my form. Stay tuned:)

Edit: after reading this, definitely a mood booster. Could be a placebo but highly doubt it.
Yep, for many including myself, it is a "morning coffee" replacement. Lasts longer and improves mood quite a bit.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so it wasnt a placebo. It actually lifted my mood a substantial amount, im definitely not a morning person and waking up at 6am doesn't fly with me (love my sleep). But i took 1 scoop (pink lemonade since everyone loves it), quite delicious i must say, and 30 minutes i felt like the light was more vivid, kind of took away that morning "fog". I loved it, had a smile on my face all morning. Like i said, first nootropic to try and i believe focus xt was the perfect fit. I found myself concentrating on things and actually tuning things out when i actually started working. T-minus 2 hours till gym time, im eager to see how it affects my workout. I believe its 10 hours between the scoop dosage, so i think i should be good to go. I do plan on playing with the dosages too.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ok, so it wasnt a placebo. It actually lifted my mood a substantial amount, im definitely not a morning person and waking up at 6am doesn't fly with me (love my sleep). But i took 1 scoop (pink lemonade since everyone loves it), quite delicious i must say, and 30 minutes i felt like the light was more vivid, kind of took away that morning "fog". I loved it, had a smile on my face all morning. Like i said, first nootropic to try and i believe focus xt was the perfect fit. I found myself concentrating on things and actually tuning things out when i actually started working. T-minus 2 hours till gym time, im eager to see how it affects my workout. I believe its 10 hours between the scoop dosage, so i think i should be good to go. I do plan on playing with the dosages too.
Great to hear! Remember, the nootropics actually have longer half-lives than the caffeine so the mood boosting benefits are extended throughout the day.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Oh, i have noticed. when i read the studies on vinpocetine it was like 3 hours HL, but took 1-2 hours for absorbtion? As well as Hupe A was like 5 hours HL? Can't Look it up im barely getting service on my phone in these damn buildings...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Oh, i have noticed. when i read the studies on vinpocetine it was like 3 hours HL, but took 1-2 hours for absorbtion? As well as Hupe A was like 5 hours HL? Can't Look it up im barely getting service on my phone in these damn buildings...
Well, vinpocetine is actually included in the formula for different reasons. Hup A is up around 6 hours, ALCAR likewise (though some data shows up to 35 hours!), but the bottom line is that all of these ingredients boost brain acetylcholine. And the elevation is not some acute phenomenon. You can cumulatively build up your ACh levels by dosing Focus XT daily. In other words, the more you use focus xt, the longer the effects last!

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Yea the inhibitory effect of vinpocetine! haha i love reading stuff like this, and thats how i pathed my way as well. But i definitely appreciate the questions answered and shedding new light on the subject.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Yes empty stomach. Thought it would have stronger effect that way.
Some people require some food to deter this from happening. If I drink focus XT after a few cups of coffee, I'm breaking the bowl. Lol

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
So update, took it lieu of my pre workout, chest day, it was nice clean energy, I noticed myself going slower on reps and allowing me to feel what muscles I was tryin to work with. The clarity/lights are my favorite, much more vivid. Concentration was superb, definitely trying this again tomorrow.

I feel what everyone is saying, but I got no turbo poos, just the turbo farts :D

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
So update, took it lieu of my pre workout, chest day, it was nice clean energy, I noticed myself going slower on reps and allowing me to feel what muscles I was tryin to work with. The clarity/lights are my favorite, much more vivid. Concentration was superb, definitely trying this again tomorrow.

I feel what everyone is saying, but I got no turbo poos, just the turbo farts :D
It will effect people differently. Some are just sensitive to the ingredients and require appropriate timing with food.

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Just had a little lunch, gonna try half a scoop of focus xt and see what happens. Hopefully no turbo Hershey squirts. HOPEFULLY!

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Ok... much better experience with this product this time out. No squirts, but did go. I guess for me, its better with food in stomach. I think in my case, i just need to find the right dose to take. Even with just a half scoop, it took only 10 minutes to begin working. Nice product. Just have to find right dosing.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ok... much better experience with this product this time out. No squirts, but did go. I guess for me, its better with food in stomach. I think in my case, i just need to find the right dose to take. Even with just a half scoop, it took only 10 minutes to begin working. Nice product. Just have to find right dosing.
Well, glad to see it's improving!

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Second day on it, I felt it was a little stronger than yesterday, took 1/2 scoop at 8 am and lasted until 11, then took another 1/2 scoop, seemed to re-up the effects within 5 minutes after administration. I'm loving this, definitely going to be my secret weapon during school:D

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. I'm happy to hear its working out for you. With certain things, timing can be everything.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Second day on it, I felt it was a little stronger than yesterday, took 1/2 scoop at 8 am and lasted until 11, then took another 1/2 scoop, seemed to re-up the effects within 5 minutes after administration. I'm loving this, definitely going to be my secret weapon during school:D
It will only get better

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hey I got a dosing question coop, I am taking 1/2 scoop about every 3-4 hours adding up to 2 scoops a day. Is that pretty good idea?
That's totally fine. The nootropics are full-dosed at even 1/2 scoop; 1 scoop just throws you in the maximum efficacious dose range.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 on it, don't feel that initial impact anymore, makes me feel a little sad.. Also the mood boost doesn't come to me anymore, but clarity/focus is pretty strong. Got some bulk ALCAR, totally forgot the acetyl group makes it smell/taste like acetic acid (vinegar). Doing 1g of ALCAR And 1 scoop of FXT, I believe I found my little wake up call in the morning before breakfast. So far so good, feels more like that glucose energy that I get from eating oatmeal, feels great. Still too early to tell if I'm benefiting at all, but just wanted to do an weekly update on it, if that's cool.

So far dosing as of today,

MORNING (~6:15am) 30-45 minutes before breakfast:

1000mg - bulk ALCAR
1 scoop - FXT

Late morning (10am) ~30 minutes before my snack:

1/2 scoop - FXT
500mg - bulk ALCAR

Afternoon (5:30pm) ~45mins - hour depending on traffic to get to gym.

1/2 scoop - FXT
500mg - ALCAR
Pre workout.

I usually eat a little snack around 3pm so I should be a little fasted before the workout sesh.

Hopefully this seems like a good regime. Any suggestions are welcomed