Agmatine Sulfate Post Workout benefits..

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
taken from Genomyx Protocol Writeup which contains 250mg of Agmatine per serving .. for those who havent tried this post, should give it a shot with your protein shake .. im loving my recovery :)

Serious Nutrition Solutions Agmatine (90 Capsules): Discount Agmatine Supplements
Agamtine Sulfate

Agmatine takes a two pronged attack at nitric oxide elevation, by increasing NO synthesis as well as being an irreversible inhibitor of Nitric Oxide Synthase, which is the enzyme responsible for degradation of NO (24,27,28). By effectively elevating NO and decreasing its breakdown, the much sought after effects of increased vasodilatation and nutrient delivery to the muscle cells can be maximized. While it is debatable whether an increase in NO pre-workout is beneficial, most experts agree that a post workout elevation of NO can be highly useful for muscle recovery and enhancing the muscle building signal cascade.

Agmatine is normally released endogenously in response to stress and inflammation, by supplementing with an exogenous source one can maximize its effect on recovery (27). When using agmatine immediately after workouts, the nutrients digested in a post workout meal or shake can be more effectively delivered to the muscle cells for enhanced recovery and muscle growth.

In addition to increased nutrient delivery to muscle cells, agmatine also acts to aid nutrient uptake by increasing muscle cell insulin sensitivity through activation of I(2)-imidazoline receptors (25). So agmatine not only helps you get the glucose and amino acids to the right place, it also opens the door and drives them right inside the muscle cell to enhance protein synthesis.

Aside from the potent effects at the muscle cell, agmatine also possesses some interesting psychological effects. Studies have shown it to be neuroprotective by blocking the damaging effects of excessive glutamate, act as an anti-depressant and MAOb inhibitor, and even modulate and reverse opiate tolerance (22,26,27,28). Agmatine also has a beneficial effect on calcium homeostasis by reducing cellular calcium overload, lowers blood pressure, and has various beneficial effects on the heart (23,24).

Agmatine Sulfate Review:

• Increases Nitric Oxide synthesis
  • Inhibits Nitric Oxide breakdown
  • Enhances nutrient delivery to muscle cells
  • Raises muscle cell insulin sensitivity
  • Neuro-protective
  • Mood elevating
Serious Nutrition Solutions Agmatine (90 Capsules): Discount Agmatine Supplements

References:

2. Garlick PJ. 2005. The role of leucine in the regulation of protein metabolism. J Nutr. Jun;135(6 Suppl):1553S-6S.
22. Jiang XZ, Liu YQ, Zhang YZ, Zhang LM, Li J, Li YF. 2009. Neonatal fluoxetine exposure induced depression-like behaviors in the adult Kunming mice and the antidepressant-like effect of agmatine. Yao Xue Xue Bao. Jul;44(7):716-21.
23. Raghavan SA, Dik**** M. 2004. Vascular regulation by the L-arginine metabolites, nitric oxide and agmatine. Pharmacol Res. May;49(5):397-414.
24. Morrissey JJ, Klahr S. 1997. Agmatine activation of nitric oxide synthase in endothelial cells. Proc Assoc Am Physicians. Jan;109(1):51-7.
25. Ko WC, Liu IM, Chung HH, Cheng JT. 2008. Activation of I(2)-imidazoline receptors may ameliorate insulin resistance in fructose-rich chow-fed rats. Neurosci Lett. Dec 19;448(1):90-3.
26. Wade CL, Eskridge LL, Nguyen HO, Kitto K, Stone LS, Wilcox GL, Fairbanks CA. 2009. Immunoneutralization of Agmatine Sensitizes Mice to Mu Opioid Receptor Tolerance. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. Aug 14.
27. Halaris A, Plietz J. 2007. Agmatine : metabolic pathway and spectrum of activity in brain. CNS Drugs. 21(11):885-900.
28. Qiu WW, Zheng RY. 2006. Neuroprotective effects of receptor imidazoline 2 and its endogenous ligand agmatine. Neurosci Bull. 22(3):187-91.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good post. So much more benefits to agamatine as well. sns agamtine is top notch stuff

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good post. So much more benefits to agamatine as well. sns agamtine is top notch stuff
Thanks .. Yeah I haven't seen 1 ingredient by itself work in so many ways

Love this stuff

lagoci

Awards
I have been searching and researching this product for 5 months now. I am convinced its legit. my issue is citrullune and especially arginine cause me too breakout with a coldsores. I have heard others on other forums say it doesnt do that too them. can anyone share any insight before I role the dice and play guniea . thanks in advance.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been searching and researching this product for 5 months now. I am convinced its legit. my issue is citrullune and especially arginine cause me too breakout with a coldsores. I have heard others on other forums say it doesnt do that too them. can anyone share any insight before I role the dice and play guniea . thanks in advance.
@Synapsin will have a definite answer for you.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. As a GDA and as part of a pre/post protocol.