Focus XT - methods of consumption?

deh707

Awards
I know the official instructions say to take a scoop (1 serving) with 8oz water, and if you are gonna take a 2nd serving, wait 6-8 hours after your first serving before taking the 2nd.

Those instructions have worked well for me, however I decided to try other methods of consumption:

Other method #1:
a. Wait at least 30-60 minutes after a meal (wait time depending on size of meal)
b. Chug a 1/2 scoop or 1 full scoop with only 4oz of water maximum.

with the above method, i've noticed the effects kick in MUCH faster (like 10-15 minutes instead of 30 minutes for the official method), and the effects last longer (about 3 hours instead of 2 hours).

Other method #2: (intra-style, I got this idea from Ultima users who use this method)
a. Wait at least 30-60 minutes after a meal (wait time depending on size of meal)
b. Chug a 1/2 scoop with 4oz of water maximum.
c. start mental activity
d. 20-30 minutes later, mix a 1/2 scoop into 4oz of water, and sip every 10 minutes or so. (similar to supplements that are used intra-workout, like bcca's)

with method #2, i notice the effects kick in faster just like method #1, but the effects last MUCH longer (like 4-5 hours after the first chug)

i'm sure the effects would last even longer when the dosages are increased. I just don't want too much caffeine.

Anyone try other methods?

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
umm 125-250ml grapfruit juice with it if you really cant wait the extra 15 min lol
man some people make things so complicated. 1 scoop + a cup + water, then drink

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I do love this stuff myself. i was givin a tub of it, very nice stuff for work i cant lie :)

deh707

Awards
umm 125-250ml grapfruit juice with it if you really cant wait the extra 15 min lol
man some people make things so complicated. 1 scoop + a cup + water, then drink
lol doesn't sound too complicated to me. and yeah that 125-250ml amount of water seems to be a sweetspot for when i want it fast.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. A full scoop, with my BCAA's/EAA's and I am wide awake after 15min.
And I use another scoop later in the day for pre workout ;)

But the mthods OP mentioned sure sound interesting, gotta do some testing myself I guess :D

Ganched

Awards
I find with a good sleep, taking this stuff in the morning doesn't really boost your focus. I start my day with calisthenics (Convict Conditioning), and cool down with piracetam and choline. To the office by 07:30 - and if I skip my lunch walk and/or calisthenics; or if I'm in a lot of meetings, by mid-afternoon my mind is full of cobwebs. On those days, about 14:30-15:00, I am really lagging - that's when I take a scoop of Focus XT with 4-5 ounces water on an empty stomach, with a second scoop 30 minutes later. The taste and mental clarity is "refreshing" and I'm good to go until 18:00!

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
1st thing in the am(if I go to sleep)..shower,then 1st meal out the door. most seem like like it kick in nice and quick!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
i tried the 1/2 scoop chug method, toilet bowl 15 minutes later...empty stomach too

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i tried the 1/2 scoop chug method, toilet bowl 15 minutes later...empty stomach too
lol! that sucks. I haven't tried it, just because I love the taste so why concentrate and shotgun it down when I can enjoy it.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah...it was couple hours before uni exam too lol but I think chugging it was my problem. I now take a couple of mins and enjoy black berry... Sour and sweetish...stains but idc lol
Next flavour to try is blue raz

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah...it was couple hours before uni exam too lol but I think chugging it was my problem. I now take a couple of mins and enjoy black berry... Sour and sweetish...stains but idc lol
That's my next flavor to try, only got a couple left! I've liked them all so far. I really like the black cherry, but like you said with the berry, it stains! Blue razz is really good too.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
It's so nice though...addictive taste

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
perhaps the black cherry should have the same exact great flavor but with the coloring gone? :1244:

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Would be amazing

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
perhaps the black cherry should have the same exact great flavor but with the coloring gone? :1244:
I'd be down, but I'll also take it any way I can get it!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just eat it raw. Have done it too...wicked

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mixed the Blue Raz with milk - was pretty good actually :thumbsup:

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
May try in coconut milk or coconut water. Paleo...don't do dairy :)
kind wish there was a pina colada flavor for Focus XT.....

oh WAIT,there is! =)

easily in my top2-3 flavors,try it!!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

oh WAIT,there is! =)

When money allows me too :)

lionology

lionology

Awards
Currently taking 1 scoop Focus XT + 2g Piracetam (worst taste altering powder; regardless, consuming for benefits) in the AM & do notice digestive problems but I think it might be my diet which I'm currently on a cut (ending this week).

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Currently taking 1 scoop Focus XT + 2g Piracetam (worst taste altering powder; regardless, consuming for benefits) in the AM & do notice digestive problems but I think it might be my diet which I'm currently on a cut (ending this week).
I'd have to agree. Piracetam and Cycle Support are the worst tasting supps I've tried. Ruined everything I put it in.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
How is this for a mix-
1 scoop Focus XT
3 caps drive (emptied into bottle)
3 rpm (same)
3 Cordygen v02 ultra (same)
3 carnage BA (same)
1g LCLT powder
1g vitamin c powder
5g RPG BCAA

Result: puke before training

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
1st thing in the am(if I go to sleep)..shower,then 1st meal out the door. most seem like like it kick in nice and quick!
From a fitness standpoint dose this seem better than useing it as a preworkout? By out the door do you mean to the gym or work?

JerseyDrew77

JerseyDrew77

Awards
Can you take Focus XT with a PWO shake or would that be overkill and not advised?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can you take Focus XT with a PWO shake or would that be overkill and not advised?
You can, just adjust the dose to meet your caffeine intake total that you want. You can also use FXT as your PWO.

JerseyDrew77

JerseyDrew77

Awards
Okay, so I took some for the first time yesterday afternoon (black cherry) and this morning, my $hit was green! Dude, WTF!?!?!?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Okay, so I took some for the first time yesterday afternoon (black cherry) and this morning, my $hit was green! Dude, WTF!?!?!?
Yeah... Happened to me too

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well that's unheard of :boggled: You didn't side track from your regular diet or consumed anything other out of the ordinary? :think:

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
At first I thought it may have been my extra broccoli but I went 2 days without focus and kept intake of diet same, added back in focus and my poops where green too

JerseyDrew77

JerseyDrew77

Awards
Yeah, nothing changed in my diet except for adding in some Focus XT yesterday. Makes me wonder what it's doing to my insides.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry guys, it does the same thing to me too. It's the coloring used to make it "black" cherry. It may be a little disconcerting at first but you're fine in taking it.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry guys, it does the same thing to me too. It's the coloring used to make it "black" cherry. It may be a little disconcerting at first but you're fine in taking it.
Never tried the black cherry yet, guess I'll have to see if it makes my poop green too :D

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

oh WAIT,there is! =)

yup one of my fav's too

i like to make my focusXT intra .. so throw in leucine/eaa in one scoop

and my friends were like is milk good for intra workout ? lol

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
We're actually trying a new marketing tactic. You know how when you drink an energy drink, sometimes your piss will be similarly neon? We're trying the same thing with Focus XT

(Just Kidding)

^Exactly. I enjoy the flavors, the coloring is just a bit too heavy.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Decided to pop open a bottle of Blackberry instead of Black Cherry. Same effect here...
Poop was like it came out of the hulk :lol:

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do all bodybuilders look at the poop ?

I have never done such a thing .. Do I need to ? To be considered a hulk ?

'drinks mah blue raspberry'

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Of course you have to inspect your own feces :rant:
Your not a real bodybuilder if you don't take into account how much protein you poop out per day :laugh:

In all seriousness though - No, no need to but when you turn around to flush and the toilet water is green you can't help but notice it :D

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Decided to pop open a bottle of Blackberry instead of Black Cherry. Same effect here...
Poop was like it came out of the hulk :lol:
This is giving whole new depth to my Hulk Halloween costume next year.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahahaha :rofl:

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established

I actually read something online about floating poop. I noticed mine sometimes did and sometimes didn't.

(on topic) the last 2 weeks I ate my cotton candy focus with no liquid every morning before my commute. Sh_t is so tasty!

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I actually read something online about floating poop. I noticed mine sometimes did and sometimes didn't.

(on topic) the last 2 weeks I ate my cotton candy focus with no liquid every morning before my commute. Sh_t is so tasty!
I'm just about to crack open my Cotton Candy tub and I can't wait.

If only we had a funnel cake flavor it would be like a carnival in my mouth.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I'm just about to crack open my Cotton Candy tub and I can't wait.

If only we had a funnel cake flavor it would be like a carnival in my mouth.
Its really weird but it taste better in powder form. I would crave it before bed but that would be really counter productive to sleep. You should make a caffeine free version with all the DMAE, tyrosine etc for us addicts. Funnel Cake and Pepper gravy flavors!

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Its really weird but it taste better in powder form. I would crave it before bed but that would be really counter productive to sleep. You should make a caffeine free version with all the DMAE, tyrosine etc for us addicts. Funnel Cake and Pepper gravy flavors!
Caffeine free version is already in the works. The hold up has been flavoring.