PLCAR 500 L-Carnitine Question

John33

Awards
Hello, it says on the label that PLCAR 500 contains Propionyl L-Carnitine. Is Propionyl L-Carnitine the same as Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine? Thanks.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, GPLC is PLCAR+ Glycine, so to make it into GPLC, you'd need to also purchase some glycine.

John33

Awards
No, GPLC is PLCAR+ Glycine, so to make it into GPLC, you'd need to also purchase some glycine.
According to this, Propionyl-l-carnitine is also known as Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine HCl. The reason I ask is because if you Google "Propionyl-L-Carnitine," the products that come up from major brands, such as NOW, Jarrow Formulas and others, are all GPLC L-Carnitine, which, according to the label, contain Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine HCL, Propionyl-L-Carnitine and Glycine, but none of them have just Propionyl-L-Carnitine. I wonder why? I thought maybe there is a mistake on PLCAR 500's label or something.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I have a question: whats the difference? And that includes L-Carnitine. Why is PLCAR different?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I have a question: whats the difference? And that includes L-Carnitine. Why is PLCAR different?
ALCAR = focus and neuroprotection
PLCAR = combats general fatigue and stress
GPLC = "supposedly" enhances NO production
LCLT = increased VO2 max and recovery

John33

Awards
Is it true that LCLT increases androgen receptors? Also, any idea why PLCAR is sold only in combination with GPLC by brands like NOW and Jarrow. I know SNS has standalone PLCAR, but it is a limited run.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Is it true that LCLT increases androgen receptors? Also, any idea why PLCAR is sold only in combination with GPLC by brands like NOW and Jarrow. I know SNS has standalone PLCAR, but it is a limited run.
No idea on the GPLC. LCLT increases androgen receptors, but the relevance is minimal unless on-cycle. It would be a stretch to say that increased AR density (due to protection during exercise) would trump the limiting factor in testosterone's effects: the actual synthesis.

John33

Awards
LCLT increases androgen receptors, but the relevance is minimal unless on-cycle.
I am on the SNS' DAA + Erase + RPM + DRIVE stack right now. Does it make sense to add LCLT to the said stack?

Clout by MAN contains ALCAR, High Voltage Body Octane also by MAN, contains LCLT. Interesting. I wonder why they have not included PLCAR. Anyway, how would you recommend using and dosing ALCAR, PLCAR and LCLT for maximum benefits? Thanks.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I am on the SNS' DAA + Erase + RPM + DRIVE stack right now. Does it make sense to add LCLT to the said stack?

Clout by MAN contains ALCAR, High Voltage Body Octane also by MAN, contains LCLT. Interesting. I wonder why they have not included PLCAR. Anyway, how would you recommend using and dosing ALCAR, PLCAR and LCLT for maximum benefits? Thanks.
LCLT is always nice, but it won't further elevate testosterone on top of your stack.

PLCAR is the most expensive form (along with GPLC). That's why very few companies include it in a formula...because it won't sell well since the consumer doesn't wanna pay so much. SNS offers PLCAR at a very low price, but we can only make it a one run item :(. With your stack, I would simply take 2g ALCAR and 2g PLCAR preworkout on training days and with breakfast on off days. LCLT is best taken postworkout or pre-cardio.

John33

Awards
I would simply take 2g ALCAR and 2g PLCAR preworkout on training days and with breakfast on off days. LCLT is best taken postworkout or pre-cardio.
I'll do that as soon as my SNS' PLCAR comes in (I ordered it yesterday). But I wonder if there is any difference between taking 1g of each in the morning and then 1g of each before the workout.

Also, CLOUT by MAN recommends taking two servings of CLOUT, which delivers 3g of ALCAR. So what are the maximum safe dosages for ALCAR and PLCAR? Have you taken more than 2g? Have you noticed any difference?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll do that as soon as my SNS' PLCAR comes in (I ordered it yesterday). But I wonder if there is any difference between taking 1g of each in the morning and then 1g of each before the workout.

Also, CLOUT by MAN recommends taking two servings of CLOUT, which delivers 3g of ALCAR. So what are the maximum safe dosages for ALCAR and PLCAR? Have you taken more than 2g? Have you noticed any difference?
ALCAR is dose dependent for some people works different i use 5g on wake up and another 5g before bed ;)

John33

Awards
ALCAR is dose dependent for some people works different i use 5g on wake up and another 5g before bed ;)
5g of ALCAR twice a day seems like a lot, but like you said, it is dose dependent for some people. I took 2g in the morning yesterday and today and I cannot say I have felt anything, it does not mean that it is not working, I guess, but I did not feel anything, which begs the following question: What am I supposed to feel on ALCAR? Does it have a cumulative effect?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5g of ALCAR twice a day seems like a lot, but like you said, it is dose dependent for some people. I took 2g in the morning yesterday and today and I cannot say I have felt anything, it does not mean that it is not working, I guess, but I did not feel anything, which begs the following question: What am I supposed to feel on ALCAR? Does it have a cumulative effect?
give time will work believe me ;)

post #2 and #6

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/144781-alcar-vs-plcar.html

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
ALCAR is primarily neuroprotective, so those effects are cumulative. As is the fatloss. But in terms of focus, it will only be cumulative in the same day (half-life around 6 hours).

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I just finished 500 grams of Bulk ALCAR. Loved the focus and energy on the product. Seemed to wear off towards the end. Not sure if I was getting de-sensitized to it or just not noticing it as much.

Just started using l-carnitine l- tartrate....... Not really noticing anything on it at all. Big disappointment! Taking it with n-rala. Not noticing anything there either. 2 days ago I dosed some citriline malate pre- workout.....while running on the treadmill, I noticed my breath was as though I was walking.....amazing! I had to increase the speed to feel anything.

I like supps that provide definite noticeable benefits not just some science study benefits. As of now, LCLT and N-rala are useless to me.
Alcar and Citrilline Mallate are amazing. Have PLCR on the shelf to be used soon as well as Geranium extract.

Strongly recommend ALCAR at 4-5 grams per day.

Anyone get anything from LCLT?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just finished 500 grams of Bulk ALCAR. Loved the focus and energy on the product. Seemed to wear off towards the end. Not sure if I was getting de-sensitized to it or just not noticing it as much.

Just started using l-carnitine l- tartrate....... Not really noticing anything on it at all. Big disappointment! Taking it with n-rala. Not noticing anything there either. 2 days ago I dosed some citriline malate pre- workout.....while running on the treadmill, I noticed my breath was as though I was walking.....amazing! I had to increase the speed to feel anything.

I like supps that provide definite noticeable benefits not just some science study benefits. As of now, LCLT and N-rala are useless to me.
Alcar and Citrilline Mallate are amazing. Have PLCR on the shelf to be used soon as well as Geranium extract.

You need to keep in mind that not all supplements are "felt". Many of them are not supposed to be felt, but that doesn't mean they don't work. Some are long term as well and takes time to be effective. You will feel Geranium though, I really like that one, especially for focus when studying.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
You need to keep in mind that not all supplements are "felt". Many of them are not supposed to be felt, but that doesn't mean they don't work. Some are long term as well and takes time to be effective. You will feel Geranium though, I really like that one, especially for focus when studying.
Sorry, I do not like supps I do not feel and would not know if they are working or not without some noticeable feeling. I believe most are like me as well. Tried a full cap of Geranium today.....noticed a slight increase in energy and focus. Nothing incredible though.
Looking forward to trying PLACAR. Tomorrow I think.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

FYI:

l-Carnitine Tartrate:

Tartrate, naturally found in some foods, acts to stabilize l-carnitine. l-Carnitine is a dipeptide found in great abundance in the body, especially the heart and skeletal muscle. It maintains efficient fat utilization by transporting long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria where they can be broken down by a process called beta oxidation (fat metabolism) to produce energy. A recent study reported that oral l-carnitine supplementation in healthy subjects promotes optimal long-chain fatty acid oxidation. Additionally, l-carnitine helps to clear short and medium chain fatty acids from the mitochondria that would otherwise accumulate over time. This helps to keep metabolic processes running smoothly and efficiently. l-Carnitine also promotes cardiovascular health by supporting ventricular function and antioxidant activity. Additionally research also suggests a role for l-carnitine in supporting muscle repair after strenuous exercise. The results of one study indicated an attenuation of muscle strain and fatigue when exercisers were given l-carnitine-l-tartrate supplements prior to completing a high repetition strength regimen, suggesting l-carnitine may help reduce post-exercise recovery time.

References:
Muller DM, Seim H, Kiess W, Loster H, Richter T. Effects of oral L-carnitine supplementation on in vivo long-chain fatty acid oxidation in healthy adults. Metabolism 2002; 51(11): 1389-91.

Sirtori CR, Calabresi L, Ferrara S, Pazzucconi F, Bondioli A, Baldassarre D, Birreci A, Koverech A. L-carnitine reduces plasma lipoprotein(a) levels in patients with hyper Lp(a). Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 2000 Oct;10(5):247-51.

Gurlek A et al. The effects of L-carnitine treatment on left ventricular function and erythrocyte superoxide dismutase activity in patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy. Eur J Heart Fail 2000 Jun;2(2):189-93.

Volek JS, Kraemer WJ, Rubin MR, Gomez AL, Ratamess NA, Gaynor P. L-Carnitine L-tartrate supplementation favorably affects markers of recovery from exercise stress. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2002 Feb;282(2):E474-82.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is the recommended dosage for LCLT? 2 grams?
Generally 2g, yes...although seems like I've read that 1g would work as well, as far as benefits of using it go...