SNS 'Anything Goes' Thread

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I really dont like Monday's especially rainy ones :(
Yeah. It is rainy here also.

I just try to keep it positive. I noticed it really has changed the way I live and even train. I have a hard time training with a negative attitude. Many are the exact opposite.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
With you bro

I cannot train in bad mood

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same way here! I always go into it with an upbeat attitude about how I'm going to make some progress today.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
i train to change to a positive attitude :)

Potatobake

Awards
off to do legs! 1g agmatine down the hatch so it's probably gonna be a painfully pumped session. :)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heeeey...SNS banners on AM....diggin it!

unrelated note: love rain! We just got a downpour over the weekend (fri night/Sat morn) after not having ANY since June, extreme drought here in TX...

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I'm going to get the capped DAA next time

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
whats everyones favorite back workout?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am a big fan of pullovers

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weighted chins(varied grips),DLs,T-bars,Single arm seated cable rows

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
whats everyones favorite back workout?
Deadlifts + pullups + band pullaparts/facepulls.

Going to deadlift today, 425 from a deficit for reps, better get at least 7....then some seated pressing and rows.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deadlifts + pullups + band pullaparts/facepulls.

Going to deadlift today, 425 from a deficit for reps, better get at least 7....then some seated pressing and rows.
I can do 415 for reps, but I use a trap bar. probably a bit easier.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can do 415 for reps, but I use a trap bar. probably a bit easier.
Ya, pretty much a different lift to be honest.

Hit 415x8 from a deficit Saturday.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

By the looks of your AVI it is working!! Props Nomz

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I just enjoy the trap bar, its safer and it keeps the weight in the center of my gravity. Either way I am picking it up raw.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've wanted a Trap Bar just for shrugging exercises.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've wanted a Trap Bar just for shrugging exercises.
i dislike shrugs :/ mainly get my trap work in on upright rows. I would much rather do them on a trap bar tho i agree.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just enjoy the trap bar, its safer and it keeps the weight in the center of my gravity. Either way I am picking it up raw.
I like the trap bar better too. I have one at home that I bought. I've tweaked my back a couple times doing deads with a standard oly bar but never with a trap bar.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
By the looks of your AVI it is working!! Props Nomz
Thanks brah, back is my best attribute.
Definitely agree, it's still a good lift, just not much carry over to a barbell deadlift. I wouldn't necessarily call it safer, just usually less back rounding with the increased leg drive you are able to get. Which isn't a problem on barbell if you pay attention to form.

I haven't had the chance yet to try a trap bar, would definitely like to.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i dislike shrugs :/ mainly get my trap work in on upright rows. I would much rather do them on a trap bar tho i agree.
I love shrugs , but unfortunately my left shoulder is still a little messed up from a surgery:(. I've been doing a lot of upright rows myself on shoulder and back day

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hey Nom, even though I don't lift, I will do more pullups than you. Let's have a video contest this September? I'm currently at 20 deadhang.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just workin, got shoulders tonight. Anyone got any favorite shoulder workouts?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Nom, even though I don't lift, I will do more pullups than you. Let's have a video contest this September? I'm currently at 20 deadhang.
At my leanest i was doing 26 :D

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I have gotten better trap growth from deadlifting / pressing with heavier weights than I ever did from direct trap work :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There always has to be a first for everything. I hope hers proves very successful.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
September first post a vid? We can keep going into the month as high rep pullups are always part of my training anyways.

Not sure where I'm at right now, I can blast through 15 speed reps after doing heavy weighted, so I should be good for a solid 20-25 right now.

Training vid from yesterday:

[video=youtube;TkXxcpzr_Vc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkXxcpzr_Vc[/video]

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Playing with that weight Nomz!! No straps as well. Beast sauce.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
God Nom, and they were deficit too. I'm messing with 425x2 :(. I have my mcat on 9/2, but let's say 9/5 or 9/6 my vid goes up. Let's also do a 1 rep max with weights. My strength has been shooting up recently (thanks to you and your 5/3/1 recomendation)

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Playing with that weight Nomz!! No straps as well. Beast sauce.
Ha, thanks man, only use straps for bodybuilding purposes.
God Nom, and they were deficit too. I'm messing with 425x2 :(. I have my mcat on 9/2, but let's say 9/5 or 9/6 my vid goes up. Let's also do a 1 rep max with weights. My strength has been shooting up recently (thanks to you and your 5/3/1 recomendation)
435 deficit for reps next session...

Sounds good to me, I'll post whatever I get by that date. Obviously deadhang, chin over the bar; don't really care if you can't see everything, it's just a friendly contest.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GL on your MCAT, what score are you shooting for?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got home from my wife's first NPC competition. Incredible turnout. My wife's class alone had 28 competitors.:eek: They only placed the top five and although my wife did get called out and was compared next to two of the girl's that placed, she wasn't one of top five. :( That's ok because she learned alot and got over all the competition jitters. She looked great and handled herself well. Funny cause just last year neither of us thought we would compete.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tell her congrats and to file this under the "Positive" learning experiences!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tell her congrats and to file this under the "Positive" learning experiences!
Thanks and I agree. Use it for understand and a training tool to get even better next time! She's got 8 weeks to prepare for the next one.