Focus XT would be the perfect sup with choline citrate.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I love this product! but the choline b gives me bowel issues, and who really whants to stop for bathroom time during a workout?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love this product! but the choline b gives me bowel issues, and who really whants to stop for bathroom time during a workout?
Weird i used 2.5 scoops PreW without issues ;)
did you mix it with other stuff?

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea never had such a problem ... Any other pre's does that for u ?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weird i used 2.5 scoops PreW without issues ;)
did you mix it with other stuff?
holy crap, that's like half a gram of caffeine! I thought I was stim tolerant but I think you got this one! I have an individual choline supp from another company I got awhile back and I've never had any bowel issues with that or focus.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
holy crap, that's like half a gram of caffeine! I thought I was stim tolerant but I think you got this one! I have an individual choline supp from another company I got awhile back and I've never had any bowel issues with that or focus.
yeap is much i only use 3 times per week but when Focus XT caff free is out i will use 4ever ;)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think there are a lot of stim free people waiting for the caffeine free version :)

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I think there are a lot of stim free people waiting for the caffeine free version :)
Yup, not that I'm 100% stim free but I like to drink coffee and the caff adds up thru the day. I will be a steady buyer of the Caff free focus XT.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Can't wait till this caffiene free comes out

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I have never had a problem personally, and I believe this is the first time this has ever been reported to any of us. I'm really sorry that it brings that about. Do you have the same issue with other pre-workouts as well?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Man, fr some reason I wasnt updated when peope commented on this thread. Weird. Ya I think my body just needed to adjust, so nevermind LOL.

1Sam

Awards
I've had bowel issues if i exceed more than once scoop of focus xt for some reason (mud butt).

Although IMO one scoop deff does the job. Started taking my xt with choline and piracetam now. Should give that combo a try. You're really zoned in and level headed at w/e you do.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
i never had any of these issues ether

1Sam

Awards
Maybe a bad tub which i doubt or just some of us. I remember when i first tried assault i ended up urinating from 2 places...yuck.

Had to start off slowly on it then my body was able to take a full scoop after about a few days without adverse affects. Maybe the magnesium in these products.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Ya more than one scoop still gets me, but that could just be a hugh dose of caffeine.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that sucks, cant wait to try the stim free focus xt.

deh707

Awards
that sucks, cant wait to try the stim free focus xt.
I really wanna try it out.

I plan on dosing 1 scoop of FXT + 1 scoop of caff-free FXT together. Or 1/2 of each, or 1/2 FXT + 1 caff-free FXT, depending on effectiveness.

It might be cheaper to just add a caffeine tab to the stim-free FXT if caffeine is desired, but since I have about 10 tubs of the "expired" FXT left, I'll just use that for now.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there a timeline on the stim-free Focus XT, at all? I've been hearing about it for a while and am very much looking forward to trying it.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Is there a timeline on the stim-free Focus XT, at all? I've been hearing about it for a while and am very much looking forward to trying it.
No ETA, but it's so close...

deh707

Awards
Just ordered SNS Choline Citrate...

question:

Usually when I take piracetam [1g] (tried SNS and cerebralhealth) with Focus XT, I get really focused & calmly energetic for 20 minutes, then I get very sleepy, and upping the piracetam dose leads to even more sleepiness. I hear that for some people, choline and piracetam shouldn't be taken together, more like 6 hours apart. However, I would like to try different combinations/dosages of choline sources before concluding that taking it together will always cause sleepiness (hoping to avoid the hassle of timing).

Maybe adding choline citrate [1g] to FXT and piracetam [1g] will fix that, but would that be an excessive amount of choline (since FXT already has choline bitartrate)?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Just ordered SNS Choline Citrate...

question:

Usually when I take piracetam [1g] (tried SNS and cerebralhealth) with Focus XT, I get really focused & calmly energetic for 20 minutes, then I get very sleepy, and upping the piracetam dose leads to even more sleepiness. I hear that for some people, choline and piracetam shouldn't be taken together, more like 6 hours apart. However, I would like to try different combinations/dosages of choline sources before concluding that taking it together will always cause sleepiness (hoping to avoid the hassle of timing).

Maybe adding choline citrate [1g] to FXT and piracetam [1g] will fix that, but would that be an excessive amount of choline (since FXT already has choline bitartrate)?
Focus XT is a very strong cholinergic, which can induce sleepiness in individuals who may be sensitive. Try just 1/2 scoop Focus XT or 1 scoop of Choline Citrate with your piracetam. It should ameliorate the issue. Do not add choline citrate to focus xt.

deh707

Awards
Focus XT is a very strong cholinergic, which can induce sleepiness in individuals who may be sensitive. Try just 1/2 scoop Focus XT or 1 scoop of Choline Citrate with your piracetam. It should ameliorate the issue. Do not add choline citrate to focus xt.
Thanks, I took 1g choline citrate + 2g piracetam about 20 minutes ago. I DO feel more awake (i was pretty sleepy/tired prior to taking it, after a long day of classes/gym), and looks like no sleepy effects have kicked in (which usually happens after 10 minutes of FXT + piracetam).

Next I will try 1/2 FXT + 1-2g piracetam. Since the purpose is to reduce the choline, I don't want to "miss out" on the full dosages of the other ingredients in FXT (which I love solo). I have ALCAR and L-Tyrosine from smartpowders dot com. Should I add extra alcar and/or l-tyrosine to make up for half-dosing FXT? What dosages?

Also, I notice you like to add extra huperzine to your FXT sometimes, so should I add that as well? I'm wondering if the memory enhancing (even if it's very subtle) effects from a half dosed FXT [the huperzine] is still beneficial.

Since FXT is a staple for me (solo), I want to make use of racetams with FXT without getting sleepy (by half dosing it to reduce the choline). There is the option of getting all the bulk ingredients in FXT and just making it myself instead of using FXT, but why bother? FXT is convenient, cheap, and is enjoyable to drink for class/studying. So this is why I ask if it's necessary to add in the non-choline ingredients (i alcar and tyrosine capped myself) to a half-dose of FXT to reap the 'full dose fxt' benefits but with a racetam involved.

Thanks

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the products are rolling out. Soon young beast soon :D

deh707

Awards
the products are rolling out. Soon young beast soon :D
Can't wait. I know the official ingredients haven't been released yet, and whether you know or don't know, but may i ask if choline bitartrate is still an ingredient? (or.. is it choline citrate now?) :D:D:D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks, I took 1g choline citrate + 2g piracetam about 20 minutes ago. I DO feel more awake (i was pretty sleepy/tired prior to taking it, after a long day of classes/gym), and looks like no sleepy effects have kicked in (which usually happens after 10 minutes of FXT + piracetam).

Next I will try 1/2 FXT + 1-2g piracetam. Since the purpose is to reduce the choline, I don't want to "miss out" on the full dosages of the other ingredients in FXT (which I love solo). I have ALCAR and L-Tyrosine from smartpowders dot com. Should I add extra alcar and/or l-tyrosine to make up for half-dosing FXT? What dosages?

Also, I notice you like to add extra huperzine to your FXT sometimes, so should I add that as well? I'm wondering if the memory enhancing (even if it's very subtle) effects from a half dosed FXT [the huperzine] is still beneficial.

Since FXT is a staple for me (solo), I want to make use of racetams with FXT without getting sleepy (by half dosing it to reduce the choline). There is the option of getting all the bulk ingredients in FXT and just making it myself instead of using FXT, but why bother? FXT is convenient, cheap, and is enjoyable to drink for class/studying. So this is why I ask if it's necessary to add in the non-choline ingredients (i alcar and tyrosine capped myself) to a half-dose of FXT to reap the 'full dose fxt' benefits but with a racetam involved.

Thanks
Let me put it this way: focus xt has a 9.8g proprietary blend per serving. Now, if you know about nootropics, you know that all but 3 of the ingredients in the blend will be under 200mg, dosage-wise. That leaves a VERY large amount for the remaining 3 ingredients. My point being, a 1/2 scoop of Focus XT has a full dose of every nootropic in the product (which means that 1 serving of Focus XT MORE than meets your needs). I would not add extra Huperzine A to focus XT, but I would add 1g of ALCAR to 1/2 scoop for the longterm effects. I just love ALCAR for the overall health benefits, which can be reached by hitting 2g ALCAR daily.

And yes, Focus XT is presently cheaper than the bulk ingredients combined. It can be had at $14 for 30 servings (or in your case, 60 servings), plus it masks the nasty flavors of nootropics.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've had bowel issues if i exceed more than once scoop of focus xt for some reason (mud butt).

Although IMO one scoop deff does the job. Started taking my xt with choline and piracetam now. Should give that combo a try. You're really zoned in and level headed at w/e you do.
I usually start the day with coffee in the morning. If I use Focus XT a few hours later, it's a guaranteed splatter fest in the bathroom. Could be the extra caffeine throughout the day added to Focus XT giving me the splats, but I'm too scared to ever try Focus XT again. Have a container minus 3 scoops worth just sitting around until I confirm why I'm having these terrible GI issues.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I apologize for the graphic imagery in my last post.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I apologize for the graphic imagery in my last post.
Have you tried eating before hand? Getting down the proper timing with food seems to help most people who have issues on just an empty stomach.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Eating beforehand only serves to provide my body with more material to evacuate after having Focus XT.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Eating beforehand only serves to provide my body with more material to evacuate after having Focus XT.
That's out of the norm in my experiences. Have you considered using it without drinking coffee? Coffee is a natural laxative, which could be exacerbating the situation.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Only black cherry made me feel that way

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's out of the norm in my experiences. Have you considered using it without drinking coffee? Coffee is a natural laxative, which could be exacerbating the situation.
Oh yeah, first thing I thought about was a megadose of caffeine causing the GI issues. Symptoms still present when I dosed without having any coffee or caffeine though. That being said, I would be willing to try some caffeine free Focus XT when it's out to see if anything changes.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, first thing I thought about was a megadose of caffeine causing the GI issues. Symptoms still present when I dosed without having any coffee or caffeine though. That being said, I would be willing to try some caffeine free Focus XT when it's out to see if anything changes.
I'll see what I can do about getting you a tub of the Caffeine Free version as soon as it's out. Judging by the news I heard today, it may be sooner than some people expect.

deh707

Awards
I'll see what I can do about getting you a tub of the Caffeine Free version as soon as it's out. Judging by the news I heard today, it may be sooner than some people expect.
I know the official ingredients haven't been released for the caffeine-free FXT, but whether you know or not, may I ask if choline bitartarte is still an ingredient? (or is it choline citrate now?) :laugh2:

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Very gracious of you! Samples would be a great idea if the packaging were feasible. I believe in the ingredients and have used choline and piracetam in the past with no issues.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I know the official ingredients haven't been released for the caffeine-free FXT, but whether you know or not, may I ask if choline bitartarte is still an ingredient? (or is it choline citrate now?) :laugh2:
I appreciate your zealousness in attempting to find out. :D

Very gracious of you! Samples would be a great idea if the packaging were feasible. I believe in the ingredients and have used choline and piracetam in the past with no issues.
To be completely honest, we would love to create formal samples, but that's definitely something that will be further down the road. When you look into the packaging costs associated with it, it's astronomical compared to what you might think.

But, how does this sound...The first tub I get in my hands, I will pack up a few single serving samples, and personally mail it to you. If it agrees with you and you like it, I will set you up with a pre-workout or study/work stack (featuring the Caffeine-Free Focus XT of course) to log. If not we still can still set you up with a logging opportunity.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I appreciate your zealousness in attempting to find out. :D

To be completely honest, we would love to create formal samples, but that's definitely something that will be further down the road. When you look into the packaging costs associated with it, it's astronomical compared to what you might think.

But, how does this sound...The first tub I get in my hands, I will pack up a few single serving samples, and personally mail it to you. If it agrees with you and you like it, I will set you up with a pre-workout or study/work stack (featuring the Caffeine-Free Focus XT of course) to log. If not we still can still set you up with a logging opportunity.
Sounds great to me! There are a lot of times when I start to drag toward the end of the day when I'm teaching; this might be a good way to experiment and test the product.

deh707

Awards
Sounds great to me! There are a lot of times when I start to drag toward the end of the day when I'm teaching; this might be a good way to experiment and test the product.
Lucky you lol. I will definitely be one of the first to lay cash on the caffeine-free FXT. FXT is a staple, man.

But for late night studying, I like to avoid stims so I can sleep. I've been using a self made stack to somewhat resemble a stim-free version of FXT (just guessing):

2g sns choline citrate (instead of fxt's bitartrate)
2g alcar
750mg l-tyrosine

i know it's missing the other ingredients in fxt (like huperzine, dmae, vinpocetine, caffeine...), but it works like a 75% version of FXT for me.

sometimes i'll add AMS Lucidrol to the above stack (still stim free).

Lucidrol ingredients:

Bacopa Monnieri = 500mg
DMAE = 250mg (an ingredient in FXT)
Rhodiola Rosea = 200mg
BetaPEA = 196mg
Picamilon = 100mg
Hordenine = 40mg
Piperine = 3mg

One thing missing from any custom stack to resemble FXT is the obvious TASTY BEVERAGE TO DRINK. taking all these self-made caps and/or bulk powder form isn't that fun. SNS does an excellent job of masking the nasty nootropic taste.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
SNS is a top of the line company with great products; unfortunately for me I've had a problem with one of them. Very anxious to try a caffeine-free version. How great would a coffee flavored version be?

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Lucky you lol. I will definitely be one of the first to lay cash on the caffeine-free FXT. FXT is a staple, man.

But for late night studying, I like to avoid stims so I can sleep. I've been using a self made stack to somewhat resemble a stim-free version of FXT (just guessing):

2g sns choline citrate (instead of fxt's bitartrate)
2g alcar
750mg l-tyrosine

i know it's missing the other ingredients in fxt (like huperzine, dmae, vinpocetine, caffeine...), but it works like a 75% version of FXT for me.

sometimes i'll add AMS Lucidrol to the above stack (still stim free).

Lucidrol ingredients:

Bacopa Monnieri = 500mg
DMAE = 250mg (an ingredient in FXT)
Rhodiola Rosea = 200mg
BetaPEA = 196mg
Picamilon = 100mg
Hordenine = 40mg
Piperine = 3mg

One thing missing from any custom stack to resemble FXT is the obvious TASTY BEVERAGE TO DRINK. taking all these self-made caps and/or bulk powder form isn't that fun. SNS does an excellent job of masking the nasty nootropic taste.
The trick is flavoring into the ingredients. The ingredients naturally have a sour/tart taste, so we've worked strictly on flavors that can use the attribute instead of trying to mask it, especially in an effort to keep it sugar free.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
SNS is a top of the line company with great products; unfortunately for me I've had a problem with one of them. Very anxious to try a caffeine-free version. How great would a coffee flavored version be?
The caffeine free version will be an all new flavor, however it will not be coffee. Sorry.

To be honest, I'm not sure how well a tart coffee flavor would even turn out.

deh707

Awards
The caffeine free version will be an all new flavor, however it will not be coffee. Sorry.

To be honest, I'm not sure how well a tart coffee flavor would even turn out.
I smell fruit punch!

As for sidoious, which flavor of FXT is giving you bowl issues? I only have a slight-diarrhea and strong black/blue waste coloring with the black cherry flavor, and I hear it's the same case for black berry.

I've tried all flavors except black berry, and only black cherry gives me this problem.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I smell fruit punch!

As for sidoious, which flavor of FXT is giving you bowl issues? I only have a slight-diarrhea and strong black/blue waste coloring with the black cherry flavor, and I hear it's the same case for black berry.

I've tried all flavors except black berry, and only black cherry gives me this problem.
The coloring issue has been addressed, and we're seeing what can be done about it.

You might be onto something with the Fruit Punch guess though.

deh707

Awards
The coloring issue has been addressed, and we're seeing what can be done about it.

You might be onto something with the Fruit Punch guess though.
I noticed the Fruit Punch flavor on the caffeine-free FXT label at the SNS twitter site

ApGibTYCAAAFMI7.jpg

i hear it's just a promotional label, but Fruit Punch sounds nice.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I smell fruit punch!

It was piña colada.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established