Agmatine Loading Phase Question

50Carbs

Awards
I just started taking Agmatine as described on the label: 4 capsules in the morning with a meal. On training days 2 capsules in the morning and 2 capsules 30 minutes before exercise. Here are my questions:

Is there a loading phase?

How long does it take until I feel/see it working?

Does it need to be cycled?

Are there any supplements or food that should not be taken with Agmatine?

Thanks.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am not familiar nor use any type of loading phase with Agmatine.

I usually feel Agmatine the first day while I am working out.

Agmatine as with most supplements in my opinion should be cycled after 8 weeks of use. If for any reason just so your body doesn't become too used to it. I like to keep surprising my body.

I am not aware of any food or supplements that would have a direct effect with your Agmatine supplement.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
A loading phase of agmatine is counterintuitive due to its MOA...it should work right away or within the first few workouts.

What benefits are you referring to? The pumps should be instantly noticeable, but the LH/GH boost may take a while to kick in.

I believe most supplements should be cycled, but agmatine can be used for a pretty long time, and is actually great for overall health.

Agmatine is fine with food. Take it with carbs for its nutrient partitioning effects. Take it on an empty stomach for its effects on pumps, bloodflow, and LH/GH release.

50Carbs

Awards
A loading phase of agmatine is counterintuitive due to its MOA
What is MOA?

What benefits are you referring to?
The pumps.

Take it on an empty stomach for its effects on pumps, bloodflow, and LH/GH release.
The label says to take 2 with food in the morning and 2 on an empty stomach before the workout. Is it a good idea to take 4 capsules on the empty stomach before the workout?

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The label says to take 2 with food in the morning and 2 on an empty stomach before the workout. Is it a good idea to take 4 capsules on the empty stomach before the workout?
Yes. I just take 4 caps on an empty stomach before the workout.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What is MOA?
Mechanism of Action (MOA) refers to the specific biochemical interaction through which a drug substance produces its pharmacological effect. A mechanism of action usually includes mention of the specific molecular targets to which the drug binds, such as an enzyme or receptor. ;)

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
What is MOA?

The pumps.

I believe he was using MoA as an abbreviation of: Mechanism of Action

The dosing varies from person to person. For myself, I use 4 caps, 60 minutes pre-workout (except leg day). On leg day and off days I use the split dosing 2+2.

EDIT: Looks like Click beat me to it.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How do you take it on the off days?

Does it need to be taken on the off days to begin with?
I usually do as antihero said above and split the dose 2+2 on off days.

It is up to you if you would like to take it on off days. I do because I feel Agmatine working more as it builds up over consecutive days of use.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do you take it on the off days?

Does it need to be taken on the off days to begin with?
It doesn't unless you wish to have greater fullness throughout the day along with it's other benefits. On off days, I take 2+2 with higher carb meals.

On on days, take 2,3,4 caps pre-wo to achieve the desired level of pump.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i felt this stuff on my 1st dose... yeah i would cycle off after 6-8weeks then jump back on it to get better pumps :)

tmilam

Awards
Who do I need to talk to about some samples of agmatine?

Milam