SNS, I need your help at work!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright so heres the deal. I have never used a product by sns I did not like, and since I am looking for something to use while at work, I am only willing to risk myself with stuff I trust.

I just started my new job as an RN in a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. I work 12 hour shifts, 3x per week. Because I am new, and prior schooling and nursing experience with adults does not prepare you to take care of neonates, my days are long. Aside from working, I have a ton of books I must read, video classes to watch, tests, etc. Working in a such a critical area with very sick pre-mature infants, every little thing is critical, 1 mistake and you just killed someones baby.

I am looking for something I can take for energy/focus 3x per week specifically for work. I am not super sensitive to stims by any means. I can go to sleep after taking EC no problem, but I don't want crazy energy per say. I am looking for very good, clean, consistent energy and focus that will allow me to perform tedious tasks and keep my brain thinking in high gear all day. I am looking to take it 6:30am before work, and mid-day around 1-2ish to keep me going all day.

If anyone can be suggestion something to me, a product, combination of products, etc. that I can use 3x per week, twice a day would be awesome! Thanks guys!

Mike

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
For focus, I would definitely hop on some SNS Piracetam! I work full time while going to med school at night and nothing gives me a better mental edge. Focused and much less likely to get those minor anxiety attacks (aka-brain farts) that stop you from coming up with the right answer.

I'm going to let someone more experienced with stims and their MoA solve the energy portion. Definitley don't want any shakiness when dealing with delicate premies.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SNS Focus XT has to be in this equation.
The stim-free version (which should be available soon) would also be something to think about.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haven't tried it just yet, but read that FocusXT + Piracetam is a GREAT combo...then if it's not enough energy could add in 1-2 caps of Adrena-G or a bronkaid...

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Gonna suggest the focus XT. you dont have to take the full scoop, 1/2 is more than plenty.

its also on sale right now :)

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like everyone else said, Focus XT should be the base of your stack. Half scoop to start off a shift, then I would sip on half scoops throughout your shift. Stacking with piracetam and/or glucur will definitely add to the stack.

Although SNS doesn't recommend it and I haven't personally tried it, a lot of positive reviews stacking Focus XT with E.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I've successfully stacked Focus XT with Adrena-G for 10hr study sessions, so that certainly could be an option.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've successfully stacked Focus XT with Adrena-G for 10hr study sessions, so that certainly could be an option.
I liked this also^

But Focus XT + Piracetam sounds like a great combo also, even though I never have tried it myself - yet :D

WhirlyBird

Awards
As others stated Focus XT + Piracetam. Can do 1/2 scoop Focus + 1-2g Piracetam 2x/daily.

Now if you are needing something while at work and do not have the time to mix a drink, try the following:

SNS Picamilon-150 (Focus, stress reliever)
SNS Huperzine A 99% (memory for all those books)
SNS Glucuronolactone (focus, energy)

Can also add some caffeine pills for that extra boost, or simply down the pills with a cup of dat der hospital coffee.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff, thanks guys! I will look into it all, come up with something and post it for critiques!

Mike

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2nd focus xt and adrena G. On it right now and studying.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
some great suggestions .. havent tried the focus +adrenaG but it should compliment each other quite well

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
you and I both work in the same field(Medical) on top of heavy schooling,reading,studying,etc.... I can tell you without a DOUBT that this stack works wonders and covers all the bases./.

FOCUS XT
Glucoronolactone
Piracetam

when I know I will only be able to get 2-3 hrs of sleep AT best However I need a pick me up late at night(or early AM,depending on how you look at it) I go with the following...

200mg picamilon
500-1000mg glucoronolactone....

that picks me up for a couple hrs if not more and keeps me alert and focused and will let me go to sleep,even if it is an hr or two.

hope I was of some help!

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would just like to mention that Nutra has very limited stock on the Piracetam caps (501). Get them while you still can ;)

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Would just like to mention that Nutra has very limited stock on the Piracetam caps (501). Get them while you still can ;)
Is it strange that I'm debating buying some? :confused:

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I'm capping the powder myself lately. The taste is starting to get to me.
haha i hear ya. I cap some too but most of my BCAA supps are heavily flavored so i just toss it in there ;)

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
haha i hear ya. I cap some too but most of my BCAA supps are heavily flavored so i just toss it in there ;)
I hate 99% of BCAA supps flavoring. I've been playing with creating my own little flavoring system lately.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I hate 99% of BCAA supps flavoring. I've been playing with creating my own little flavoring system lately.
AI Recover Pro Red Ras... fall in love with BCAA's again!

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude do what I do .. Throw some unflavored bcaa into your focusXT .. Lay the shaker down 45degrees let it sit in a refrigerator

Tastes amazing, that's my preworkout drink .. Doesn't ruin the taste of my pink lemonade at all :)

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Dude do what I do .. Throw some unflavored bcaa into your focusXT .. Lay the shaker down 45degrees let it sit in a refrigerator

Tastes amazing, that's my preworkout drink .. Doesn't ruin the taste of my pink lemonade at all :)
Might need to try this.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AI Recover Pro Red Ras... fall in love with BCAA's again!
Agreed with this ^^^ completely. Best tasting one I've had. I just ordered another large tub and can't wait for it to come in. N'Gage is another one that tastes really good and mixes well.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I do the exact same thing, Focus XT masks the taste really well!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would go with Focus XT + Piracetam for the desired purpose. I am a huge fan of Glucuronolactone myself, so personally I would add that. I respond very well to it, and think it is very overlooked.

As for Piracetam caps versus powder, it really is up to personal preference. Some people love the powder, others hate the taste. That is why we had done caps on it as well. NP has a great price on the 501 capsule size, but they are low, and it was a one run item for us, so once they are out, there wont be anymore. That is the case with our Piracetam in general.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
What have you been mixing?

I'm trying to burn thru my last couple of tubs of xtend (too damn sweet) but I do like RPG, AminoEnergy ( I can put a ton of extra stuff in this without changing the flavor), Purple Wraath (grape) and MAP (mango and cran).

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Focus XT. Without a doubt.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
I would go with Focus XT + Piracetam for the desired purpose. I am a huge fan of Glucuronolactone myself, so personally I would add that. I respond very well to it, and think it is very overlooked.

As for Piracetam caps versus powder, it really is up to personal preference. Some people love the powder, others hate the taste. That is why we had done caps on it as well. NP has a great price on the 501 capsule size, but they are low, and it was a one run item for us, so once they are out, there wont be anymore. That is the case with our Piracetam in general.

VERY overlooked,I agree with glucoronolactone! like it a lot myself and works well with a lot of products.
What have you been mixing?

I'm trying to burn thru my last couple of tubs of xtend (too damn sweet) but I do like RPG, AminoEnergy ( I can put a ton of extra stuff in this without changing the flavor), Purple Wraath (grape) and MAP (mango and cran).
how is the mango??