VERY tolerant to Stims. What should I stack Focus-XT with for best results?

LackofFocus

Awards
I'm about to buy some tubs of Focus-xt and wanted to know what I should stack it with to give me the highest probability of positive effects? I have never taken nootropics before, but have taken various amphetamines. Somewhat of a convoluted question but for some background I've taken:

(I have these on prescription for ADHD)

Prescription meds

Adderall - took up to 40mg xr doesn't do anything for me but make me jittery and speedy. Does 0 for focus, mental clarity, and makes my thoughts race even more if anything. Still have brain fog and mental blockage. Doesn't give me the slightest bit of mental clarity. My head still gets cluttered easily and simple mental tasks still feel overwhelming. Gives me euphoria and puts me in a happy, caring, mood for several hours (very talkative, willing to reach out to people I normally wouldn't and saying things to friends I normally wouldn't say) then things take a turn and I get very upset, angry, irritated, depressed, get anxiety, etc. And I have never been able to sleep at a regular time on Adderall. Probably averaged around 26-28 hours straight of being awake when on the med.

Dexedrine IR - Have taken up to 20mg at one time and 35mg total in 1 day. Keeps me awake I guess. But again does nothing for my concentration and focus. 1st time day on my script I took 5mg and felt euphoria an hour in and a little bit of motivation but about 4 hours later I crashed harder than I've probably ever crashed on anything before. As I upped the doses I would still get no increase in effects. Slight hint of euphoria like 30 minutes in then it goes away and nothing happens. Also can't sleep on this. I feel cleaner on this than on adderall though. Not as many ups and downs either, but they were still there.

Dexedrine Spansules - took up to 35mg, no benefits. Felt irritated the whole time I was on it. Felt all over the place and jittery. Was speaking to someone on the phone and couldn't even complete my sentences without stuttering or losing train of thought. Couldn't sleep on this either. Stopped after like 4 uses.

Ritalin - - Only took 10mg and then 15mg the next and never took it again because it made me feel like a zombie and even more lethargic then I normally am. And I'm groggy like..all the time.

Vyvanse - Was on 30mg didn't notice much of an affect aside from some added energy, decent mood boost the first couple uses. Currently on 40mg and I can't say it doing a whole lot. I mean it's been making me feel more normal I guess and not as groggy and sluggish all the time. Don't get crazy mood swings on this either. All in all probably the most effective med I've taken just because it doesn't have a whole bunch of negatives, but still not many positives. I can actually sleep on this and it doesn't make me feel jittery. Can't say I've noticed any increase in focus or mental clarity.

Supps/other stims

Jack3d - I was using jack3d before I was ever prescribed, or tried any of the amphetamines I listed above. I was on it for about 4 months. First time using it took 1.5 scoops. Felt incredible. Amazing mental clarity. My head felt quiet for once...I felt motivated, felt a very calm, clean energy. Felt like I could accomplish most tasks without issue. I felt like I could read a book and retain info very well. And at the gym it usually takes me 10+ minutes between my squat work sets I was ready to go again after 30 seconds. Gave me quite a bit of euphoria similar to the euphoria on adderall, but I didn't have the huge come down. To date my first use on Jack3d by and large had the best effect on me out of everything. None of my uses of the prescription stims ever came close. The way I felt this first time on Jack3d is what I expected Adderall to feel like. The 2nd time I took Jack3d it worked pretty well again but definitely not as good as the first time. Still worked okay though and was able to get stuff done efficiently at the gym.
So what's the problem? It never worked again. Went up to 3 scoops, didn't do anything. Tried all the standard recommendations to try and get it to work again. Shook the tub vigorously, cycled off it it...also took several days - a week off of it multiple times. Never drank coffee or had any other caffeine when I was taking it. Waited hours after eating, tried it on an empty stomach too. Nothing.

1MR - Took this for the first time yesterday (didn't take vyvanse) an hour after breakfast, yawn. Workout was horrible, tired as hell off 8 hours of sleep. Had 1.5 scoops and I didn't feel anything although I woke up this morning off of 4 hours of sleep oddly enough feeling jumpy and feeling like I was still experiencing the effects of the stim ...even though it didn't do anything for me all of yesterday? This is the same way I felt the first couple times on jack3d, I'd wake up off of short sleep feeling like the stim was still affecting me.

Black Coffee - brb gonna take a nap.

Caffeine pills - nothing.

Red Bull - Drank this when I was younger before I even ever had a coffee. I was like 15/16 I had it during exam week at school. It worked well that week gave me energy albeit the jittery type...but it never had any effect on me since I've ever taken it over the past 6-7 years. I'm 22 now.

So considering all of this, what do you think would be good to start off stacking with Focus-xt? I was thinking Piracetam but to be honest I haven't done enough research to really be considering anything else. I would do more extensive research on all this but I want to order this stuff tomorrow morning so i can get it as soon as possible and get off these damn amphetamines and get a refund for this 1MR. Maybe I'm just getting my hopes up, but I'm kind of banking on nootropics having some benefit on me. Cause ffs, nothing else does.

If yes for Piracetam what brand do you guys recommend and from where? I live in Canada btw. Also how much should I take, and how much Focus-xt should I be taking considering my high stim tolerance? If you don't think I should go with Piracetam for my initial stack then what, and why? And which brand if it even makes a difference.

Focus, concentration, sluggishness, and lack of motivation have been an issue for me for awhile and I've tried so many things but can't correct it. As I said earlier...I get very overwhelmed by many mental tasks, I get a daunting feeling. I takes me extremely long periods of time just to get around to finishing something simple. My mind is always jumbled up, my ability to retain information has been horrible for the past 7 years. My once photographic memory has turned in to forgetting if I really took melatonin or not getting ready for bed 5 minutes ago. And does anyone have any thought on receptor cleansers? I found one called Reset A.D. and it seems like this is something that might be good for me to take before starting on Focus-xt + whatever. I just found out about adrenal fatigue reading through the supp description and I'm a solid check for 6 out of the 8 symptoms listed.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All in all, sounds like you're in need of some seruious downtime from the stims, the body builds a tolerance quickly and as you're finding will need more and more of a stim to 'feel' something from it. Reset AD is no longer made, but ReVamp (southland) has the same profile.
Are Nootropics (and FocusXT & Piracetam) the answer for you? maybe, maybe not...worth a shot? again, maybe...but you'd be better off taking time off all stims & speaking with a doctor esp if you intend to use prescription meds at the same time...

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Caffeine is a psychoactive stimulant and can increase alertness and reduce drowsiness.

It is widely believed that caffeine boosts attention in normal adults, but research results are unclear. Some studies find better performance on memory tasks; others find that caffeine aids concentration but impairs short-term memory. There is also a general belief that caffeine makes people more anxious and hinders sleep.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that many individuals are already using caffeine to self-medicate ADHD in themselves or their children. Many sufferers find it has the opposite effect than it does in other people: instead of making them more active and stimulated, it actually has more of a “calm-down” effect, and encourages sleep.

References

Lesk, V. E. and Womble, S. P. Caffeine, priming, and tip of the tongue: evidence for plasticity in the phonological system. Behavioral Neuroscience, Vol. 118, 2004, pp. 453-61.

Cunha, R. A. et al. Potential therapeutic interest of adenosine A2A receptors in psychiatric disorders. Current Pharmaceutical Design, Vol. 14, 2008, pp. 1512-24.

Caffeine As An Alternative ADHD Treatment

Prediger, R. D. et al. Caffeine improves spatial learning deficits in an animal model of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) – the spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR). The International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, Vol. 8, December 2005, pp. 583-94.

LackofFocus

Awards
I'm gonna give nootropics a shot and see how it goes. If it doesn't have any benefit then oh well I'm not going to hold it against SNS, the issue is more with me. If it does then great I can get off these prescription meds. Schizm if I have any benefit from the Nootropics I will get off scrip meds and just continue to use the supplements for as long as they are working. I agree that I need a holiday off of the stims but I was off any stim for awhile both before starting jack3d last year and the meds this year and it really didn't make a difference. And to MAxximal caffeine doesn't seem to give me any of those benefits or give me a calm down effect either. If I'm feeling groggy off of sufficient sleep, after i drink a cup of black coffee or take a caffeine pill I still feel groggy and don't get the boost that I'm always expecting.

I'm gonna order Focus-Xt + Piracetam. I live in Canada though, will there be any possibility of an issue with my order on AM?

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
try some SNS picamilon150,great for coming off stims and still provides a nice little pick me up and stable mood through the day!

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm gonna give nootropics a shot and see how it goes. If it doesn't have any benefit then oh well I'm not going to hold it against SNS, the issue is more with me. If it does then great I can get off these prescription meds. Schizm if I have any benefit from the Nootropics I will get off scrip meds and just continue to use the supplements for as long as they are working. I agree that I need a holiday off of the stims but I was off any stim for awhile both before starting jack3d last year and the meds this year and it really didn't make a difference. And to MAxximal caffeine doesn't seem to give me any of those benefits or give me a calm down effect either. If I'm feeling groggy off of sufficient sleep, after i drink a cup of black coffee or take a caffeine pill I still feel groggy and don't get the boost that I'm always expecting.

I'm gonna order Focus-Xt + Piracetam. I live in Canada though, will there be any possibility of an issue with my order on AM?
thats a good stack .. hope it works out .. have u already placed an order ?

i would contact nutraplanet and ask them about the order issue .. shouldnt be, but i would still make sure.

gluck bud

LackofFocus

Awards
Lol I did they replied telling me "I would not suggest that, it would probably get seized". On another board a canadian rep chimed in on my thread and said he's only had like 1 in over 100 that he's had issues with. But now I'm worried about ordering from NP with such a clear cut response.