Why are the scoop sizes different for small and large Xtend tubs?

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Why are the scoops for the small and large tubs different? The one for the large tub is bigger than the scoop for the small tub, yet according to the supplement facts, two scoops from each tub provide the same amount of BCAAs and 1g citrulline malate.

Why is this?

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Good question.

It's all an illusion.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
If the small scoop from the small tub provides the correct supplement facts as listed on the label, shouldn't the large scoop from the large tub provide MORE BCAAs and citrulline malate, yet the labels are identical on both tubs.

Odd.

I can take a picture of the two scoops for comparison and post them up if you guys need a picture.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
bump

Only thing I can think of is various batches being of different densities requiring different scoops. But, you wouldn't think that they would be that different.

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
bump

Only thing I can think of is various batches being of different densities requiring different scoops. But, you wouldn't think that they would be that different.
We measure each batch and verify weight. Some are more dense than others. One is a 11cc and one is a 15cc scoop. There is very little difference.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To get the smaller sized tubs, they shrink the larger sized tubs with the SciShrinkieRayGunThingie*...if they leave the scoops in, those get SSSSSHHHHHHRUNK too.

* attached to freaking sharks....sharks with freaking SciShrinkieRayGunThingies attached the their freaking heads.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
We measure each batch and verify weight. Some are more dense than others. One is a 11cc and one is a 15cc scoop. There is very little difference.
One is in the shape of a cylinder (small scoop), while the large scoop is in the shape of a cone that rounds out at the bottom. So even though one is 11cc and one is 15cc, they both provide the same amount of BCAAs?

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
One is in the shape of a cylinder (small scoop), while the large scoop is in the shape of a cone that rounds out at the bottom. So even though one is 11cc and one is 15cc, they both provide the same amount of BCAAs?
If the product is more dense, it would require less volume (small scoop). If the product is less dense, it would require more volume (large scoop).

If you have a digital scale, you can always measure the actual weight and compare that way.

It does seem weird that one batch can be 36% less dense than another (based on scoop size... 4/11 = 0.3636...)

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If the product is more dense, it would require less volume (small scoop). If the product is less dense, it would require more volume (large scoop).

If you have a digital scale, you can always measure the actual weight and compare that way.

It does seem weird that one batch can be 36% less dense than another (based on scoop size... 4/11 = 0.3636...)
It happens.

As for scoop size, the shape doesn't matter. 11cc is 11cc and 15cc is 15cc.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I currently have...

1035g Xtend (Refreshing Grape)
Lot #: SCI022707B
Exp: 022710
Contains 11cc scoop (blue)

I have a digital scale accurate to .01g. I weighed the 11cc scoop by itself...

11cc scoop = 4.3g

Then, I mixed up the Xtend very well and measured out a level scoop. I weighed the scoop and Xtend...

11cc scoop + Xtend = 9.8g

Therefore, the amount of Xtend in one level 11cc scoop can be figured...

Xtend = 5.5g

The label claims that 2 scoops = 11.5g, therefore 1 scoop = 5.75g.

Pretty damn close. :head: