Road to SHRED Log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Road to SHRED Log

Page 3 of 18 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Board Sponsor

FAMILY TIME!

Katie, Kambria and I spent some time together yesterday and today is my day off. I am back to eating solid foods and weighed in at 192 again, so no rapid weight loss from the stomach bug--thank you Substance WPI.

Here is a family pic.

2. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rysigpi View Post
    Where do u dine out at....everywhere around here it is slim pickings on the menu unless I want to go to a really nice place with some grilled seafood
    Pick a chain restaurant, I can tell you whats healthy there Sometimes there are the "hidden gems" of healthy things on the menus too that by just asking them to leave off the sauce (or bring it on the side) you completely change the makeup of the meal.

Marc, you are going to look spectacular by the time of the show. What do you think your body fat % is at right now? Quite the walking advertisement for your own products BTW And nice Wreckx-N-Effect reference, I almost missed it. Brings me back to days of sitting in Thee Dollhouse and Mons Venus
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

Just poppin in and lettin ya know I am still watching an enjoying this log. Pics make all the diff. in the world. Makin great progress man. Keep it up!
    •   

4. Board Sponsor

I am back home now and taking the day off of training since I just flew in from California on a red eye and I trained Monday through Wednesday. I have been doing a upper/lower split and training 4-6 days per week. It seems to be a nice shock to the system!

My diet in Vegas was pretty spot-on and I look forward to getting back into my "normal" routine.
  5. Board Sponsor

I weighed in at 190 today and will probably hit up a carb meal tonight if I feel like it. I am starting to get some pretty awesome quad veins and my glutes are not in, but they are starting to harden. My lower abs are about two weeks away from being in.

Today was leg day. I felt strong and had an awesome workout. I warmed up with 20 minutes of PREWO cardio and then did 20 minutes of PWO cardio, totaling 40 minutes of cardio. I also did calves and abs.

I will try and get some pics taken this weekend. All I can say is that I am way ahead of schedule and am very happy with my progress thus far.
  6. Board Sponsor

Can a Brutha Get a YEAH BUDDY!?

Bottom line: I have switched to an upper/lower split and am loving it! My brother is visiting from Chi-Town with his two kids and it is a ZOO in Lobliner-land. Speaking of zoo, we are going there today.

Diet has been FLAWLESS and I am eating my normal meat, veggie and fat meals and haven't cheated once. My brother is a physique enthusiast as well, so our workouts have been awesome. We did deadlifts yesterday and I was hitting 465 for REPS! I also benched 375 for reps the day before. Today is an off-day and we will probably walk A LOT at the zoo while carrying a 25 pound monster--my daughter.

Time to rock and roll! I did some posing in the gym mirror yesterday and there they were, the lower ab veins. Everything is coming in, oh yeah!
  7. Board Sponsor

Chuck Rudolph is a GENIUS!

My brother is in town and we went to the zoo yesterday. I must have walked for miles in the HOT NC sun all day. It was an awesome time and Kami had a blast! I ate clean the whole day...

As for Chuck being a genius, I was traveling a lot so I have been doing no carbs and no carb meals. Chuck told me that as soon as I got leaner, I'd plateau and I would need the carb meals to keep it cranking. He was RIGHT! I plateaued at 190. I had my carb meal last night, sweat a lot, and now know that come tomorrow or the next day, I will be down 2-3 pounds.

Now I know the the LEANER I get, the more imperative it is for me to have carb meals EXACTLY as laid out in the book. When I am over 6.5% bodyfat, I can get lean and feel GREAT on no carbs at all. Once I get to below that, it is time for the every-18th-meal carb meal. This is what will make me a force to be reckoned with on October 20.

Today, my brother and I trained chest. We did 10 rep bench press for 4 work sets and then went to incline smith machine press. We loaded on 185 and just did sets with no rest. We must have done 12 sets! We then did flys, some shoulders and some traps.

SHRED TIME BABY--Cut Diet 4 Life!
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Scivation View Post
    Chuck Rudolph is a GENIUS!
    Now I know the the LEANER I get, the more imperative it is for me to have carb meals EXACTLY as laid out in the book. When I am over 6.5% bodyfat, I can get lean and feel GREAT on no carbs at all. Once I get to below that, it is time for the every-18th-meal carb meal. This is what will make me a force to be reckoned with on October 20.
    SHRED TIME BABY--Cut Diet 4 Life!
    What's the book's title? I'm pokign around on the web, but can't quite seem to find it. I see stuff about him personally crafting individual diets, but not seeming to find a general book.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    What's the book's title? I'm pokign around on the web, but can't quite seem to find it. I see stuff about him personally crafting individual diets, but not seeming to find a general book.
    www.cutdiet.com

It is called GAME OVER--The Final Showtime Cut Diet You'll Ever Need!
  10. Board Sponsor

I was doing sprints last night and my hamstring cramped badly. I am now limping a bit, but I should be better by leg day on Friday.

Today, my brother and I did back and arms and REALLY hammered back with over 10 working sets of rows! We also did abs, calves and lower back--what a workout!

My brother and I got home from training and Katie was in a panic. She was bleeding. We called the doctor and went right in. After some tests, they thought she could have had an ectopic pregnancy and would need immediate surgery. They then ran more tests and LUCKILY, she didn't have this.

The bad news is we might have lost our child. We will know for sure next Friday. I am hesitant to post this, but feel that if I am doing a log on my life, this should be shared. We are both a bit shell-shocked right now and I am glad my brother, wife and kids ares in town to support us and I am very thankful that Chuck, Derek, Mike and the Scivation staff have been very supportive and there for me.

I cannot say enough how thankful I am that Katie won't need surgery. Like I told her, all I need in life is her and Kambria. Sure, another child would be awesome, but I have been blessed with a perfect family right now.

Good comes out of everything in life. I realize now more than ever how much I love Katie and Kambria, and I have never been as scared as I was today. It takes adversity sometimes to make you realize how much you really love someone.
  11. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I was doing sprints last night and my hamstring cramped badly. I am now limping a bit, but I should be better by leg day on Friday.

Today, my brother and I did back and arms and REALLY hammered back with over 10 working sets of rows! We also did abs, calves and lower back--what a workout!

My brother and I got home from training and Katie was in a panic. She was bleeding. We called the doctor and went right in. After some tests, they thought she could have had an ectopic pregnancy and would need immediate surgery. They then ran more tests and LUCKILY, she didn't have this.

The bad news is we might have lost our child. We will know for sure next Friday. I am hesitant to post this, but feel that if I am doing a log on my life, this should be shared. We are both a bit shell-shocked right now and I am glad my brother, wife and kids ares in town to support us and I am very thankful that Chuck, Derek, Mike and the Scivation staff have been very supportive and there for me.

I cannot say enough how thankful I am that Katie won't need surgery. Like I told her, all I need in life is her and Kambria. Sure, another child would be awesome, but I have been blessed with a perfect family right now.

Good comes out of everything in life. I realize now more than ever how much I love Katie and Kambria, and I have never been as scared as I was today. It takes adversity sometimes to make you realize how much you really love someone.

I will definately keep you guys in my prayers! I cant imagine the feelings that you guys have right now but you know that we all here, and im sure i speak for just about everyone at AM, are here for ya man and hope everything turns out ok!
    I believe ur adversity comment is the utmost truth as i have gone through this as well and that was very well said my man! :squat:

About the log, i have been following just havnt posted, but your huge bro and getting leaaann!! Ur gonna look crazy sick on stage bro! I remember i leaned out using the cut diet and was just amazed at how lean i was and how it was very easy for me to fight the hunger pangs! If i can find my book that i have i beleive i shall bust the diet back out and add it to the log im doing right now!! Congrats on ur success so far bro and ill be watching!
  12. Board Sponsor

Thank you all for the kind words. Life must go on....

Today I went to the gym before anyone woke up and did 40 minutes of LI cardio to loosen up the hamstring and trained some abs, arms, lower back and calves. It felt awesome and I was supersetting everything.

My diet has been 100%.

This morning when I got back, we miscarried the baby. It is good that if it was going to happen, it happened this fast so that we can move on and put it past us and thank God it wasn't developed yet. Katie will not need to have surgery to remove it and she will recover fully within weeks. She resumes normal activity today.

Once again, I appreciate everything and now I am even more focused, driven and dedicated to being the best person I can be in business, my personal life, and as a bodybuilder.
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

My wife had a miscarriage about a year and a half ago at 19 weeks in, it was really hard on all of us (we already have 2 girls, 11 + 3 now, and it really bothered the 11 yo). Thanks for sharing, and my heart goes out to you and your family!
    This space for rent

14. Board Sponsor

My wife had a miscarriage about a year and a half ago at 19 weeks in, it was really hard on all of us (we already have 2 girls, 11 + 3 now, and it really bothered the 11 yo). Thanks for sharing, and my heart goes out to you and your family!
    Thanks man. It is definitely not fun, I'll tell ya' that. But it could have been MUCH worse. I am thankful it wasn't.
  15. Board Sponsor

Pic updates

Today I did legs on my recovering hamstring and it is healing very well. Tonight is the biggest cardio night of the week--MOWING THE LAWN!

Without further ado, here is me at 189:

16. New Member

Marc, You are looking great. But what is most impressive is the way you shine in the face of adversity.

That being said, let's go at it striation for striation Down in North Cackalacka.
  17. Board Sponsor

Gettin' mah swole on...

Yesterday was upper body day and with all of the stuff I have been through this week, I needed the release. I POUNDED supersets of Bench and Rows then did lat pull downs and flys up to 90 pounds with STRICT form. I then did machine shoulder press, smith machine behind the back traps, and some heavy 135lb barbell curls. I then finished with DIPS to failure. I warmed up with a little 8-week-out trick I learned from Quincy Taylor. Since I am lean and somewhat depleted, I warm up with calves, lower back extensions and abs for 4 sets of each. This gets the blood flowing and takes about 20 minutes to complete, and also works my girlish calves very nicely.

It is rough here, as Katie and I are going through a very emotional time. But how can anyone be sad when they have this to love everyday?

18. Board Sponsor

And I still got love for the street, it's the M-A-R-C...

YEAH BUDDY! As of yesterday, I am back from my hamstring strain. Well, not 100%, but I did some light sprints last night, which more more like jogs. I did 15 total and warmed up with some light jogging. I then posed a little and was freaking DICED!

The carb meal was last night and I dropped a 1/2 pound to 187.5. I spoke to Chuck about this yesterday and the weight loss after the bolus of carbs and fat can mean one thing and one thing only....I am in the FREAKING zone! My body is depleted and craving carbs. I then eat the meal, and it takes a long time, almost an hour, because my stomach has shrunk and I cannot fit all of them there carbs up in mah belly! But once I get it in, 20 minutes later the veins start going nuts and I start sweating like Heidi Fleiss in a Catholic Church. My meals have also switched to being less heavy on the chicken and relying on tilapia, egg whites and steak for my protein. I have also made sure that three out of my six meals utilize Avocado as the fat source because it is the healthiest fat on earth IMO and it also has beneficial effects for thyroid function.

Today I hit legs and just tore it up. I did Smith Squats, Leg Curl, Leg Press, Lunges, Leg Extension/Leg Curls Superset to kill it and a LOT of abs, calves and lower back.

I will be slamming some LI Cardio later and if I feel like it, some sprints. I might also get some posing in.

Nine weeks until the video shoot, time to get serious!
  19. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

Nice Marc...progress has been very fun for me to watch man. To tell you the truth progress looks good for someone who is on gear...that much better knowing your doin this all natty.

Keep it up man!
  20. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Nice Marc...progress has been very fun for me to watch man. To tell you the truth progress looks good for someone who is on gear...that much better knowing your doin this all natty.

Keep it up man!
    That is one hell of a compliment! I HOPE everyone thinks I'm juicing. That just means I'm making progress!
  21. Board Sponsor

I am going to redirect this thread because I have lost focus on my original, MAIN goal. The goal is to reach 5% bodyfat by August and HOLD there for 1.5 years. At this level of bodyfat, I can literally pick a show two weeks away and compete and be conditioned. I feel that with my stringent, proven diet and supplement strategies that I can maintain this insanely low level of bodyfat and still maintain good joint health, energy, libido and still enjoy a good piece of pie every now and then. But of course, it is all about the MOJO!

"But Marc, how will you gain size at 5% bodyfat?" Frankly, I am happy with my size now and just gaining quality LBM. But I think that I can add LBM, albeit slowly, even staying at or under 5%. If not, we will find out!

Today, I weighed in at 187 pounds. I did 16 sprints last night (or jogs with my wimpy hamstring) after walking my dogs with Katie and Kambria and today I blasted back and arms. I also did a lot of abs, calves and lower back. I am up to 4 sets of 15 reps before every workout holding a 45 lb plate across my chest on lower back hyperextensions. My diet has been flawless and I have been adding in a lot of egg whites, tilapia and steak instead of chicken. My fat is now 2/3 from avocado. It has shocked my body into a nice fat loss zone. I assure you that there will be undeniable improvements in my next set of pics.

I will probably weigh in at 177 or so for the video shoot. I am now a little over one month away from my 5% by August deadline. Keep checking this thread and make sure that your subscription is valid, this is going to be one hell of a ride!
  22. Board Sponsor

New Pics!

Today I slammed some chest, shoulders and triceps and tonight is my carb meal. I am posting pics, so I won't waste your time with my ramblings, I will let the pics speak for themselves.

I am at 186.5 pounds and my bodyfat was scientifically calculated at around 6.5% by a new, advanced technique known as "Derek's eye." Per Derek, I will need to focus on triceps and rear delts.

Here we go!

23. Board Sponsor

Some more for the YEAH BUDDY crew.

24. Board Sponsor

And as always, I have my groupies.

25. Board Sponsor

Carb Meal pics:

These were taken mid carb meal

26. Board Sponsor

Post Carb Meal

27. Board Sponsor

Two more...

28. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

Again, pics look awesome! Keep it up man.
  29. Board Sponsor

Yesterday I hit some legs compete with deadlifts, squats, leg curls, walking lunges and also hit up 45 mins of cardio PW. The biggest thing was even after my hamstring issue, getting 405 for 4 reps on deadlift.

Today I hit back and arms with my wife. Nothing too special to report, but we hit it hard. We finished off with 30 mins PW cardio.

I am sitting at 187 and looking decently tight. I spilled over a bit last carb meal and am still recovering from that but after tonights carb meal, I have no doubt I will be losing fat uncontrollably.

4 weeks to go and I plan on being 5% bodyfat by August 1. YEAH BUDDY!
  30. New Member

Yesterday I hit some legs compete with deadlifts, squats, leg curls, walking lunges and also hit up 45 mins of cardio PW. The biggest thing was even after my hamstring issue, getting 405 for 4 reps on deadlift.

Today I hit back and arms with my wife. Nothing too special to report, but we hit it hard. We finished off with 30 mins PW cardio.

I am sitting at 187 and looking decently tight. I spilled over a bit last carb meal and am still recovering from that but after tonights carb meal, I have no doubt I will be losing fat uncontrollably.

4 weeks to go and I plan on being 5% bodyfat by August 1. YEAH BUDDY!

Something tells me you'll be sub 5 by the video shoot.
  31. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by BillFinkbiner View Post
    Something tells me you'll be sub 5 by the video shoot.
    Oh heck yeah!

But I must hit that magic number 5 bu August 1. Just a goal.
  32. Board Sponsor

7-2

Well, yesterday I went for a walk in the morning with Katie and Kami for 45 minutes and then I walked my dogs for 40 minutes at night. This was all I did, as it was a training day off. I also waxed my Carolla and that burned some calories! As I told my wife, if you can pick up chicks in a Carolla, you know you got game!

I also had a talk with my wife and I realized that I really enjoy competing. Thus, I am going to take this serious (not that I am a slacker now) and am going to go as far as I can with this. I am competing in the NPC, so there are obvious obstacles to overcome, but I feel that with Chuck and the TEAM in my corner and my regimented schedule, I can still get all of my work done and take this to the next level. Chuck is now in charge of my diet 100% and I am in his hands now. I will need an objective eye like Chuck's to make it there. This is why ANYONE can benefit from having a diet guy by his side, even a so-called expert like myself.

Today I busted out some chest, shoulders and traps and 45 mins PW cardio. It was a great workout and I am re-fired up! 8 weeks until the video--time to hit 5%. YEAH BUDDY!

New pics tonight post carb meal...
  33. Board Sponsor

I have a spring in my step like a girl who has just been deflowered on prom night. Ever since I decided to be serious about bodybuilding, I have a huge smile on my face.

Last night, I got home at around 6pm after playing with some vasoXplode and my wife had a, what I call, "MILFS Night Out" with some friends. So I fed Kami, played with her, gave her a bath, did the night-night routine and had her asleep by 7:30. I then mixed up my Xtend and off to the treadmill for 30 minutes of cardio. We have a video monitor in Kami's room, so it was awesome watching her sleep while doing cardio-she is the cutest baby ever!

It was carb night, and I went downstairs at around 8:15. I then had some work to do, so at 9pm I finally got to make my meals for tomorrow, do some more work, and then start my carb meal at 9:45! For most this is early, but I get up at 4:20am. My wife came home and I prepped my carb meal. I then ate while stuffing Dialene 4 samples for sign ups on scivation.com and dialene4.com and FINALLY got done at 11pm. Too damn late for pictures--so I will try and get some tonight.

Today I will hit LEGS, so I am jacked. Time to get serious and hit a few YEAH BUDDYS for the homies!
  34. Board Sponsor

I never post my workout because no one really cares and it takes a lot of time, but today I CRUSHED legs and am so proud that I will post the workout.

Warm up
    Back Extensions with 50lb DB superset with Decline sit ups for 4 sets of 15 reps
    Calf Raises: 4 sets up to 300lbs

Squats ATG
    135 x 10
    135 x 10
    225 x 8
    275 x 6
    275 x 6
    275 x 6

Stiff Leg DL (first time doing since hammy injury)
    135 x 10
    135 x 10
    185 x 8
    185 x 8
    185 x 8

Walking Lunges EACH LEG
    30lb DBs x 15
    30lb DBs x 15

Smith Machine Tip Toe ATG squat SLOW
    4 sets with 1 plate per side

Leg Press Single Leg, then 2 legs, then calf press
    2 plates x 8, both x 15, calves x 15

Walking Lunges EACH LEG
    30lb DBs x 15
    30lb DBs x 15

Leg Curls
    4 sets

Calf Raises
    4 sets up to 300lbs

45 minutes LI Cardio

Supplement: 12 scoops Scivation Xtend

I had horizontal cross-striations in my quads and the veins were NUTS! It is game time baby!
  35. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I just wanted to say that out of all the people logging (particularly ones related to specific companies) I find you and Bill the most motivational. Rock on!
    This space for rent

36. Board Sponsor

I just wanted to say that out of all the people logging (particularly ones related to specific companies) I find you and Bill the most motivational. Rock on!
    That's how Team Scivation ROLLS!
  37. New Member

Thanks for the compliment.

And Mark, that's a killer leg day. I'm alomst out the door to do mine.
  38. Board Sponsor

There were so many YEAH BUDDY's being yelled at my house that my neighbors almost had to call the police. This is me at 7.5 weeks out from the video shoot and 15.5 weeks out from the Carolina Clash and 18.5 weeks until the National Qualifier I have chosen to do in Kentucky (www.KentuckyMuscle.com).

39. Board Sponsor

Four more...

40. Board Sponsor

Why stop there?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Muscle Pharm Wants You To Get Shredded! (Logging Opportunity)
    By pmiller383 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 02:51 PM
  2. Athletix Sports Titanium Log - Road to a higher libido!
    By BamaDog in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 08:46 PM
  3. On The Road To Summer Leanness (HDrol++ Cutting Log)
    By OnTheRoadTo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 02:38 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-09-2007, 09:35 AM
  5. Alpha Drive XL™ and My road to recovery Log
    By Jayhawkk in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 10:03 PM