Road to SHRED Log

Page 3 of 23 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Scivation View Post
    Here are some new pics from last night at 195.5lbs. I haven't had a carb meal since Sunday.

you look awesome man, your gonna be in amazing shape come game time. GL!

2. Killed back on Friday and hit some legs on Saturday. I am in the freaking zone. I weighed in at 194 and the weight loss is stalling--REFEED TIME! I have not had carbs since last Sunday and it is Katie's birthday today, so a carb meal just ain't gonna cut it--especially with this much time left in my prep! I have 12 weeks until the video and 20 weeks until I step onstage. Time to get my Mexican food feeding!

I will eat somewhat clean, but my body is depleted and needs the macronutrients. I will post what I ate later, but it will not be a normal Lobliner Food Orgy. Some restraint will be present.

Next week, I will start training without Katie. At my advisement, she does not need to bust a$$ like me in the gym and is asking for trouble, so we are going to go separately. I will be doing cardio after weights now because I will be at the gym first thing in the morning instead of doing cardio first thing upon waking, then working, then doing weights two hours later.

Well, time to be a good husband!
    •   

3. Looking good man. Keep up the great work.

4. Quote Originally Posted by nvr2loud View Post
    Looking good man. Keep up the great work.
    I'm not gonna stop. It's game time!

5. Last night I celebrated with my wife and had some Mexican food. It was oh so good. I woke up full and vascular, but will probably opt for standard carb meals next time. Chicken fajitas, rice and tortillas aren't that bad!

Today I did cardio pre workout and it was awesome. I did 45 minutes and had PLENTY left to hit it hard. I pounded chest, back, shoulders, traps, biceps and triceps and did standing dumbbell shoulder press for 6 reps with 90lb dumbbells! I am in the freaking zone!

I will bring the best Marc possible to the stage, period.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Scivation View Post
    Last night I celebrated with my wife and had some Mexican food. It was oh so good. I woke up full and vascular, but will probably opt for standard carb meals next time. Chicken fajitas, rice and tortillas aren't that bad!

Today I did cardio pre workout and it was awesome. I did 45 minutes and had PLENTY left to hit it hard. I pounded chest, back, shoulders, traps, biceps and triceps and did standing dumbbell shoulder press for 6 reps with 90lb dumbbells! I am in the freaking zone!

I will bring the best Marc possible to the stage, period.
    Very impressive stuff in here Marc, I wish you well.

Do you usually have successful workouts with pre-wo cardio, or do you not do it very often?

7. Quote Originally Posted by redhawk76 View Post
    Very impressive stuff in here Marc, I wish you well.

Do you usually have successful workouts with pre-wo cardio, or do you not do it very often?
    It is the only way to train. If Workout Nutrition is in place and FFA are adequate, energy and power output are not issues. I am nice and warmed up too!

8. i can't read your log at work anymore, people might think i'm surfing the web for gay p0rn

9. Quote Originally Posted by dlew308 View Post
    i can't read your log at work anymore, people might think i'm surfing the web for gay p0rn
    Hey, whatever pays the bills!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Scivation View Post
    It is the only way to train. If Workout Nutrition is in place and FFA are adequate, energy and power output are not issues. I am nice and warmed up too!
    interesting

11. Quote Originally Posted by redhawk76 View Post
    interesting
    That's just how we roll.

12. I weighed in at 194 this morning-YES! Today was leg day. I woke up, ate my chicken, green beans and peanut butter, had my vasoXplode, and took my gallon of Xtend to the gym.

I then hopped on the treadmill and did my 45 minute PreWO cardio and TRIED to do legs. I had no energy. Maybe I need carbs?

GOTCHA!

The workout went GREAT! I set PRs on squat and did 315 for 6 reps for 2 sets of stiff leg deadlift. Energy was through the roof and the intensity was unreal. The Xtend and vasoXplode combo is freaking TNT in a bottle. I was super - pumped and afterwards, my leg veins were popping out like they were trying to escape. This is what it is all about.

Here is some science that will sort of back up what is happening to me and the philosophies behind the Team Scivation methods.

Running to maintain cardiovascular fitness is not limited by short-term fasting or enhanced by carbohydrate supplementation.
    Schisler JA, Ianuzzo CD.
    Dept of Applied Health Science, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL 60187, USA.

PURPOSE: This study determined if recreational type of endurance exercise is limited by a short-term fast, such as an overnight fast or benefited by a carbohydrate supplement prior to and during endurance exercise. METHODS: Six individuals ran at 70% VO2max for 90 min under three dietary conditions (fed, fasted for 16 to 18 h, fasted plus CHO). RESULTS: RPE, RER, BG (blood glucose), and La (lactate) were similar between conditions throughout 90 min of exercise. FFA was higher (P <or= 0.05) only in the fed and fasted groups after exercise. CONCLUSION: The psychosomatic sensation, physiologic, and metabolic data all indicated that endurance exercise for up to 90 min for fit individuals is not limited by a short-term fast or enhanced by carbohydrate supplementation. These findings are of interest to persons who exercise to maintain and enhance health and are not concerned with elite performance.

My next pics will probably be of Chuck, Layne and I training in Vegas. I will be shredded in October, and that's a natural fact.

13. That side shot is definitely THE money shot!

Your back to chest thickness is REALLY REALLY good!

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

14. Here are some shots from tonight:

15. Looking good man!!

YOu will have those GLUTES IN FOR SURE!!!

16. Quote Originally Posted by buffhunk29 View Post
    Looking good man!!

YOu will have those GLUTES IN FOR SURE!!!
    GOTTA HAVE THE BUNZ!

17. I'm sitting in my car right now waiting on a meeting and thought I should update. I have taken cardio out of my program the last two workouts because my weight is down to 192! I need to make sure I don't lose TOO FAST, LOL. I am strong, full and tight (respectively) and I would rather cut activity than bump up calories due to time constraints while traveling.

I did my workouts at Gold's Venice the last two days and got to use some different, cool machines. Thus, my numbers are not normal because I was doing weird things. I trained chest, shoulder and traps yesterday and back and arms today.

I am training with a vendor tomorrow and we will hit legs. I will try not to kill him. Diet has been awesome, even when dining out.

YEAH BUDDY!

18. Where do u dine out at....everywhere around here it is slim pickings on the menu unless I want to go to a really nice place with some grilled seafood

19. Quote Originally Posted by rysigpi View Post
    Where do u dine out at....everywhere around here it is slim pickings on the menu unless I want to go to a really nice place with some grilled seafood
    You can eat healthy ANYWHERE. Just get lean meat and veggies, game over.

20. I trained legs at Gold's Venice today and had a great workout. I even chatted for a bit with Will Harris, an acquaintance of mine and a very nice gentleman. He actually came up and hit me to get my attention while I was doing hanging leg raises. I had my headphones blaring and I look at no one at the gym, so I probably wouldn't have even seen Mr. WORLD if he hadn't noticed me. I think the trademark headband gave me away?

I got a bad stomach bug Thursday but managed to make all of my meetings and workouts. I am drinking shakes and eating green beans until it feels better. I just cannot stand to eat now or I might blow chunks. I feel awesome other than that and all things considered, I had an awesome workout!

My diet has been perfect macro-wise and I am getting anxious to step on stage and do some hip-shaking. Because you know, all I wanna do is zimma zoom zoom zoom in ya' boom boom.

As for the workout, I did well over 40 sets and just hammered the legs. I then did some abs and calves throughout. It took well over an hour. I just HAD to train. Tomorrow I am driving to Vegas with Chuck to meet Layne at the ISSN conference and get my science on. I have my pocket protector shined up and ready to roll--YEAH BUDDY!

21. FAMILY TIME!

Katie, Kambria and I spent some time together yesterday and today is my day off. I am back to eating solid foods and weighed in at 192 again, so no rapid weight loss from the stomach bug--thank you Substance WPI.

Here is a family pic.

22. Quote Originally Posted by rysigpi View Post
    Where do u dine out at....everywhere around here it is slim pickings on the menu unless I want to go to a really nice place with some grilled seafood
    Pick a chain restaurant, I can tell you whats healthy there Sometimes there are the "hidden gems" of healthy things on the menus too that by just asking them to leave off the sauce (or bring it on the side) you completely change the makeup of the meal.

Marc, you are going to look spectacular by the time of the show. What do you think your body fat % is at right now? Quite the walking advertisement for your own products BTW And nice Wreckx-N-Effect reference, I almost missed it. Brings me back to days of sitting in Thee Dollhouse and Mons Venus

23. Just poppin in and lettin ya know I am still watching an enjoying this log. Pics make all the diff. in the world. Makin great progress man. Keep it up!

24. I am back home now and taking the day off of training since I just flew in from California on a red eye and I trained Monday through Wednesday. I have been doing a upper/lower split and training 4-6 days per week. It seems to be a nice shock to the system!

My diet in Vegas was pretty spot-on and I look forward to getting back into my "normal" routine.

25. I weighed in at 190 today and will probably hit up a carb meal tonight if I feel like it. I am starting to get some pretty awesome quad veins and my glutes are not in, but they are starting to harden. My lower abs are about two weeks away from being in.

Today was leg day. I felt strong and had an awesome workout. I warmed up with 20 minutes of PREWO cardio and then did 20 minutes of PWO cardio, totaling 40 minutes of cardio. I also did calves and abs.

I will try and get some pics taken this weekend. All I can say is that I am way ahead of schedule and am very happy with my progress thus far.

26. Can a Brutha Get a YEAH BUDDY!?

Bottom line: I have switched to an upper/lower split and am loving it! My brother is visiting from Chi-Town with his two kids and it is a ZOO in Lobliner-land. Speaking of zoo, we are going there today.

Diet has been FLAWLESS and I am eating my normal meat, veggie and fat meals and haven't cheated once. My brother is a physique enthusiast as well, so our workouts have been awesome. We did deadlifts yesterday and I was hitting 465 for REPS! I also benched 375 for reps the day before. Today is an off-day and we will probably walk A LOT at the zoo while carrying a 25 pound monster--my daughter.

Time to rock and roll! I did some posing in the gym mirror yesterday and there they were, the lower ab veins. Everything is coming in, oh yeah!

27. Chuck Rudolph is a GENIUS!

My brother is in town and we went to the zoo yesterday. I must have walked for miles in the HOT NC sun all day. It was an awesome time and Kami had a blast! I ate clean the whole day...

As for Chuck being a genius, I was traveling a lot so I have been doing no carbs and no carb meals. Chuck told me that as soon as I got leaner, I'd plateau and I would need the carb meals to keep it cranking. He was RIGHT! I plateaued at 190. I had my carb meal last night, sweat a lot, and now know that come tomorrow or the next day, I will be down 2-3 pounds.

Now I know the the LEANER I get, the more imperative it is for me to have carb meals EXACTLY as laid out in the book. When I am over 6.5% bodyfat, I can get lean and feel GREAT on no carbs at all. Once I get to below that, it is time for the every-18th-meal carb meal. This is what will make me a force to be reckoned with on October 20.

Today, my brother and I trained chest. We did 10 rep bench press for 4 work sets and then went to incline smith machine press. We loaded on 185 and just did sets with no rest. We must have done 12 sets! We then did flys, some shoulders and some traps.

SHRED TIME BABY--Cut Diet 4 Life!

28. Quote Originally Posted by Scivation View Post
    Chuck Rudolph is a GENIUS!
    Now I know the the LEANER I get, the more imperative it is for me to have carb meals EXACTLY as laid out in the book. When I am over 6.5% bodyfat, I can get lean and feel GREAT on no carbs at all. Once I get to below that, it is time for the every-18th-meal carb meal. This is what will make me a force to be reckoned with on October 20.
    SHRED TIME BABY--Cut Diet 4 Life!
    What's the book's title? I'm pokign around on the web, but can't quite seem to find it. I see stuff about him personally crafting individual diets, but not seeming to find a general book.

29. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    What's the book's title? I'm pokign around on the web, but can't quite seem to find it. I see stuff about him personally crafting individual diets, but not seeming to find a general book.
    www.cutdiet.com

It is called GAME OVER--The Final Showtime Cut Diet You'll Ever Need!

30. I was doing sprints last night and my hamstring cramped badly. I am now limping a bit, but I should be better by leg day on Friday.

Today, my brother and I did back and arms and REALLY hammered back with over 10 working sets of rows! We also did abs, calves and lower back--what a workout!

My brother and I got home from training and Katie was in a panic. She was bleeding. We called the doctor and went right in. After some tests, they thought she could have had an ectopic pregnancy and would need immediate surgery. They then ran more tests and LUCKILY, she didn't have this.

The bad news is we might have lost our child. We will know for sure next Friday. I am hesitant to post this, but feel that if I am doing a log on my life, this should be shared. We are both a bit shell-shocked right now and I am glad my brother, wife and kids ares in town to support us and I am very thankful that Chuck, Derek, Mike and the Scivation staff have been very supportive and there for me.

I cannot say enough how thankful I am that Katie won't need surgery. Like I told her, all I need in life is her and Kambria. Sure, another child would be awesome, but I have been blessed with a perfect family right now.

Good comes out of everything in life. I realize now more than ever how much I love Katie and Kambria, and I have never been as scared as I was today. It takes adversity sometimes to make you realize how much you really love someone.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Muscle Pharm Wants You To Get Shredded! (Logging Opportunity)
    By pmiller383 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 03:51 PM
  2. Athletix Sports Titanium Log - Road to a higher libido!
    By BamaDog in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 09:46 PM
  3. On The Road To Summer Leanness (HDrol++ Cutting Log)
    By OnTheRoadTo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 03:38 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-09-2007, 10:35 AM
  5. Alpha Drive XL™ and My road to recovery Log
    By Jayhawkk in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 11:03 PM