BigVrunga's Anagen/LipidFX Trial

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Anagen/LipidFX Trial​

This is a log for Scivation's Anagen & LipidFX. I am currently cutting, so I'll be looking for the products' effects on fat loss and LBM rentention.

Current Stats:

Height: 6'0
Weight: ~214lbs
BF%: 10%-11%

Goal:
Weight: ~205lbs
BF%: 8% or below

Current Supplementation:
Multivitamin
Vitamin C (2000mg/day)
USP CissusRX (6caps/day)
Hyaluronic Acid (2caps/day)
ALRI N'Gorge (8 caps/day)
Scivation Xtend (4 scoops during workout)

Diet Plan
40/40/20 with a plan to implement carb cycling as this trial progresses. In my previous log I mentioned going into a CKD, but Ive decided not to do that for now. I decided a reworking of my schedule was in order so...

Training
M,T,Th,F
5:30am
60 minutes weights and 30 minutes cardio

Wednesday, 5:30am
30 minutes cardio

Weekends Off

For anyone who has followed my previous logs, you might remeber that Im a complete and total, die hard night owl who usually calls it a night at 3am. This schedule, and working out at 9-10pm was really starting to become counter productive and the exact opposite of what my body needs to achieve its goals. By working out in the AM, I can take advantage of the added fatloss benefit of AM cardio, and also incorporate dieting techniques like caloric & carbohydrate tapering over the course of the day.

Ive found it extreemly difficult to get to sleep at a reasonable hour in the past. My man JBlaze suggested I try melatonin, and its working great. Odd, because I tried it in the past with very little effect. Now, Im out like a light 60 minutes after ingestion. Hopefully this will really work to reset my sleep schedule. I'm also planning to pick up some USP REM-3G to see how it effects the quality of sleep.

Anyway, onward with the log!:D

BV

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your logs are pretty BV, so I'mma watch!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
You sure do have a purdy mouth .... oh, wait, wrong log.

Looks good bro. Best of luck with the AM workouts. Watch the Melatonin use, be sure to cycle it. I am loving the Rem from USP. Does not knock me out but gives very restfull rem sleep and allows me to sleep for about as long as my schedule will allow vs. sleeping 5 and not being able to get back to sleep.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Fitday Entry for Today:
FitDay.com - Diet and Fitness journal for BigVrunga

Training - Chest:
5:30 Am

Flat Bench
225 x 12, 245 x 8, 245, 7
Incline Dumbells
90s x 10, 90s x10, 95s x 7
Incline Flyes + Dips
50s x 12 + 20
50s x 12 + 20
50s x 12 + 20

Cardio
Elliptical 20min

Observations:
First day, not much to report. Strength was in the freakin' toilet - could be because it was a total shock being in the gym at 6am:D Or working out on an empty stomach. It was my first day getting up that early and actually being productive in, oh, 10 years maybe? (seriously) Its going to work out well though, I needed a major life change...this is going to help me with time management. And besides, why should work get all my energy when i can be spending it personal achievments like getting jacked?:D

BV

Last edited:
BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Looks good bro. Best of luck with the AM workouts. Watch the Melatonin use, be sure to cycle it. I am loving the Rem from USP. Does not knock me out but gives very restfull rem sleep and allows me to sleep for about as long as my schedule will allow vs. sleeping 5 and not being able to get back to sleep.
Thanks man!! Yeah, Im not planning on using the melatonin for more than a week. Hopefully, Ill just get used to the schedule change. I have a lot of things to accomplish outside of my weight-lifting endeavors, so If I can pull off 6 hours of sleep and have it recharge as well as 8, then Im all for it. Going to order some REM-3g now...

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Starter pics...this last pic is from a couple months ago, but I look about the same. Im going to try and update once per week:

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Today's FitDay:

Preworkout Supplements:
1 Anagen
2 LipidFX
6mg Ephedrine HCL
1.5 Servings ON Whey Protien

During Workout:
4 Scoops Xtend
2 Scoops NeuroStim+C

Post Workout:
Breakfast:)

Training - Legs/Abs:
5:30am

Squats
135 x 12
225 x 12
315 x 10
315 x 10
365 x 4

Standing CalfPress
Stack + 90lbs x 12
Stack + 90lbs x 12
Stack + 90lbs x 12

Lying Leg Curl (TUT)
160 x 12
160 x 12
160 x 12

Hanging Leg Raise + Cable Crunch
15 x 12
12 x 12

Cardio
Elliptical 25 min

Observations:

One thing is for sure, working out this early requires considerably more warm up time:) 5min cardio to get the blood moving, and then another 10-15 minutes of stretching before I even started my warm up sets. Squats felt good, but I didnt go crazy on the weight...I felt kind of shaky under the bar at 365, no doubt because of the low carbs and early workout. I dont want to get any carbs in pre-workout until my bodyfat is lower, but Ive started drinking 1.5 servings of whey protien right before the gym, as well as drinking 4 scoops of Xtend during the workout. I made it a point to go really deep with the squats today, nearly ATG...felt good.

Last night my girl and I hit up this Indian place up the street, and the food was killer! I didnt blow my diet, but definitely am rolling with too much sodium today:) Mmmmm...special rice;)

BV

Last edited:
TiTanUp

TiTanUp

Awards
  • Established
Good luck, You sound like me on the night owl thing, I recently have been using sci fit sleep & tight and that has been working good it has some fat loss aids in it as well.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Titan - that stuff looked good. But, none of our board sponsors have it. (I saw it at some local supp place - was expensive, as usual.)

BigV - good luck!

TiTanUp

TiTanUp

Awards
  • Established
Titan - that stuff looked good. But, none of our board sponsors have it. (I saw it at some local supp place - was expensive, as usual.)
I put a post on Nutraplanet product requests, I think this is a great sleep aid.

BIGV Does Lipidx act like a stim or feel like one? I just ordered some Dicana do you think that Lipidx would be good with that?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you're in good shape, BV. I bet your ab definition is even better than you think. It's amazing what removing a little fuzz will do for cuts. Also, the lighting in that pic sucks. It should still work for judging progress, but if you can find a place with a light shining from directly overhead, the shadow cast be eact ab muscle should accentuate the definition.

You seem to be running a prettty extreme deficit. Do you have at least 1 day per week that you'll be bumping up cals? You don't want your metabolism to crash, killing results and prompting rapid fat gain when you finish cutting.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you're in good shape, BV. I bet your ab definition is even better than you think. It's amazing what removing a little fuzz will do for cuts. Also, the lighting in that pic sucks. It should still work for judging progress, but if you can find a place with a light shining from directly overhead, the shadow cast be eact ab muscle should accentuate the definition.
You know in the locker room at work, which has flourescent tube lighting directly overhead, I look *way* leaner. I should take all my progress pics in there;)

You seem to be running a prettty extreme deficit. Do you have at least 1 day per week that you'll be bumping up cals? You don't want your metabolism to crash, killing results and prompting rapid fat gain when you finish cutting.
Yeah, definitely. The past few fitday pages are actually ~300-400 cals low each, I neglected to put in the last meal. About once a week I bump cals up to ~3000. You know though, Ive found that keeping cals a little lower than expected is working well for me...Im on my ass *all day* at work bro. I try to get up and move around as much as I can, but its a desk job and there's no way around it.

Now that Im working out in the AM, Im exercising ~30-45 minutes longer each day, so Im keeping an eye on strength and LBM incase I have to increase cals.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just subscribing to yet another log. Looks like you need to update your signature. ;)

Goodluck with the cycle bro!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Thanks guys!

I took today off from the gym...busy weekend with a lot of travelling, and yesteday I was working on a re-decorating project for about 12 hours straight so last night I was whipped.

I feel pretty good, and I notice Im looking a bit leaner in the pecs and upper abs.

Im going to get some cardio in tonight after work, then get to bed early so I can hit that 5:30am training session.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Fitday:

Worked out right after work today.

Training - 7:00pm

Shoulders and arms

All supersets...
TUT Lateral Cable Raises 12,12,12
+
TUT Close Grip, Rev Grip Chins 12,12,12

TUT Bent Lateral Raises 12,12,12
+
TUT Dumbell Shrugs 12,12,12

Overhead Rope Pulls 10,10,10

Rope Pulldowns 10,10,10

Hammer Curls 10,10,10

Cardio
HIIT Stairs - 20min

Notes and Observations:

Woke up this morning and looked noticably leaner. Pumps at the gym from the TUT training were boarderline painful..felt really good! Keep in mind that may be the NGorge as well. Overall I feel very pumped and strong in the gym. I felt kinda lethargic today, and my cardio endurance seemed down a bit but came back strong after 10 min on the stair machine.

BV

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice fitday...whats with the food you eat? Are you Italian or something?

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I didn't realize you were so damn big, haha. Good work man.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I didn't realize you were so damn big, haha. Good work man.
Lol thanks bro...Ive got a long way to go though:)

Nice fitday...whats with the food you eat? Are you Italian or something?
Me? Italian? Naaaa :D No more Italian than this guy:

Or this guy:

Too bad I dont have their genetics to go along with the nose:)

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Fitday:

Worked out right after work today.

Training - 7:00pm

Chest

Flat BB Bench
225 x 12
245 x 7
265 x 4

Incline DB
95s x 12
95s x 10

Dips
BW x 25
BW + 90lbs x 10

Low Pulley Flyes

Cardio 4pm
2 mile walk

Notes and Observations:

As usual during this cut, strength on chest day sucked.:) I was working out in the gym at work though, and the bench is a lot different then the one at Golds, so I did feel a little unstable. But STILL, when I was a big tubby I was benching 300 x 6 like nothing. Ive gotta get that back!!

Pumps felt good, I seem to be breaking out a little on my face. Also, noticing a bit of water retention. No cramping from the TTA.

BV

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
What happened to the AM workouts B? I'm tellin ya, try the stim dosing before waking trick. Works like a lucky charm. And there always aftur me lucky charms.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Oh no the AM workouts will continue I am dedicated to that...this week has been messed up though. Girlfriend is away on a business trip and Im trying to rennovate one of the rooms in my house, so Ive been catching some late nights. Been making up for it with hitting the gym immediately after work.

I now know its possible to wake up at 5am and work out though, so now I will not be stopped;)

Thanks for the tip on the stims...Im gonna try that!!

BV

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand BP. Stims befor waking??

How the f*ck do I do that?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't understand BP. Stims befor waking??

How the f*ck do I do that?
Set your alarm clock when it buzzes take your stims and go back to bed..When you wake up you are hopped up like BP on a Friday night at a Sigfried and Roy concert!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's got a good point there. When I was preparing for my first ever bodybuilding competition, I was concerned that my legs wouldn't have enough definition for the show. But then I took a razor blade to the natural sweatpants I call leg-hair , and one hour later, viola! I had cuts that looked like you could stick pennies in them.

Keep up the good work BigV, and if you want to see your abs, I know of a couple sheep farms that would be glad to shear that wool off you.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the good work BigV, and if you want to see your abs, I know of a couple sheep farms that would be glad to shear that wool off you.
Lol! I know its terrible. As a friend once pointed out to me, my happy trail goes all the way up to my chest:) My girlfriend likes the sweater though!! She gets pissed when I shave my chest, let alone the whole deal. Maybe if I got a little serious and started training for a competition I'd have a good excuse:)

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

Fitday:

Worked out right after work again today, this week has been a little hectic...supposed to be an off day anyway but I had to hit up some cardio.

Training - 7:30pm

WG Chins, slow negative

Cardio
HIIT Stairmaster - 25min (that was rough:))

Notes and Observations:

Chins felt pretty easy, moreso then they have in the past couple weeks. Stairmachine said I burned off ~450 cals. I look like Im holding more water today, still no cramping from the TTA. Ill be doing deadlifts either tomorrow or Saturday and plan to go heavy, so that will be a good test to see if Anagen is influencing strength.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Pic Update

Pics from this week. From the front, I can tell Im retaining water. Seemed to have leaned out a bit on my back. Sorry for the **** pics, the bathroom mirror and my cell phone are all Ive got at the moment:)

One in the gym that's basically worthless. You can see my delts need work. Stupid shoulders:)

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DAMN NICE V-TAPER.

Judging by that last pic I'd say you should cut out trap/shoulder work completely. In my opinion, your arms and chest are dwarfed by your massive trap and shoulder development. Can I please see your routine!!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Lol a comment and a slam at the same time...classic JBlaze, classic:) Someone give me rep points to make me feel better:)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Off day! There is no such thing as an OFF DAY while cutting! :D

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BigVrunga again.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn you and your taper BigV

And I must spread some herpes around before giving it to Big Vrunga again.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
What's the Hyaluronic Acid for? Never heard of this

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Off day! There is no such thing as an OFF DAY while cutting!
Ok Ok!! I did some side rasies with the dumbells I keep under the couch to appease Master JBlaze.:)

What's the Hyaluronic Acid for? Never heard of this
Increases the collagen levels in the skin and connective tissues. Good for protecting joints and making the skin more elastic and less ,uh, old looking.:)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I now have 3 stars because of this rep whoring contest between BigV and Blaze.....

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 10

Training - 4pm
Delts/Traps/Bis

Barbell Shrugs
225 x 12, 245 x 12, 265 x 12,12

Behind Back Barbell Shrugs
225 x 12, 225 x 12, 245 x 12

Dumbell Shrugs
110s x 12,110s x 12,110s x 12

Arnold Presses
60s x 12, 65s x 12, 70s x 10

One Arm Dumbell Laterals(TUT)
25s x 10, 25s x10, 25s x 10

Bent Laterals
20s x 10, 20s x 10, 20s x 10

Preacher Curl
105 x 12, 105 x 10, 110 x 8

Incline Dumbell Curl
35s x 12, 35s x 10, 35s x 10

Hanging Leg Raise

Cardio
Stationary Bike - 25min

Notes:

Great pumps in the gym, and I stopped taking NGorge on Monday so it wasnt the CEE. I havent done barbell shrugs in a good while, but I really need to start working on some weak points so its time to get on that. Ive been timid over the past year or so to really go after intense delt training, as no matter what my shoulder impingement seems to flair up - but yesterday everything felt great. Ive read TTA causes water retention and that's obvious. I do look a bit leaner in the morning.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Haha - I made you are a triple commie bast*rd too.

And you are still ahead of Blaze.
All is right in the world...
:djparty: