Request 5lb Substance WPI

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
Why not? When we asked PA to make 5lbs GF-Pro he did it, can you guys make 5lbs WPI for us?

Everybody, 5lb tubs!

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry, but the price point is too high and the market for 5lb isolates is very small.

T

TimoteoS

Awards
This would be sweet but too bad, any chance of a sale.. I want to try some Watermelon sooo bad

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, but the price point is too high and the market for 5lb isolates is very small.
That's exactly what PA said the first time, because his sales team said, "oh it will be to costly."

SO the F what! People like 5lbs, the top seller at BN is 10lb of ON! The internet price of Substance WPI should be around $45-50 for 5lbs I would guess looking GF-Pro is.

I can't see how you can use such an excuse with a product that everyone seems to love, other then we make to much off the 2lbs, why sell 5lbs.

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's exactly what PA said the first time, because his sales team said, "oh it will be to costly."

SO the F what! People like 5lbs, the top seller at BN is 10lb of ON! The internet price of Substance WPI should be around $45-50 for 5lbs I would guess looking GF-Pro is.

I can't see how you can use such an excuse with a product that everyone seems to love, other then we make to much off the 2lbs, why sell 5lbs.
Sir,

With all due respect, do you have any clue how much it takes to launch a product? The investment up front would be huge and judging from what I've seen from other 5 pound isolates, it would take well over a year to even recoop our investment.

T

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
awe come on, everybody's getting rich off protein. :toofunny:

I don't know the exact margins on any of scivation's products, but I would imagine its a safe bet to say they make the least from the Substance products. (they definitely don't even come close to "making too much" off the 2 pounders). Protein products are expensive to make, ship, carry etc. The profit margins for a company are very low to begin with. To produce a 5 lb'er would mean receiving an even lower margin and that is in addition to having to launch and promote the new product in hopes it will do well in an already very competitive market. Even though to the consumer its just more of the same product, to the manufacturers and retailers its an entirely new product with many of the same expenses and problems of other new products.

TSC

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Sir,

With all due respect, do you have any clue how much it takes to launch a product? The investment up front would be huge and judging from what I've seen from other 5 pound isolates, it would take well over a year to even recoop our investment.
:goodpost: Also, a simple search of the prices for Substance, buying 2lbers (taking nutraplant for example, @ $17.99) You can get 6 pounds for ~$54.00 plus shipping. It's all about opportunity costs, and to take on something such as this, it doesn't make sense from a fiscal standpoint to Marc to undertake, which he has already made clear. Just my $0.02.

B

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:goodpost: Also, a simple search of the prices for Substance, buying 2lbers (taking nutraplant for example, @ $17.99) You can get 6 pounds for ~$54.00 plus shipping. It's all about opportunity costs, and to take on something such as this, it doesn't make sense from a fiscal standpoint to Marc to undertake, which he has already made clear. Just my $0.02.
If it wasn't for ECON 201, I probably would have been lost in that post. haha.

I am going to give Watermelon a chance.... stupid non mixing grape WPI.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
If it wasn't for ECON 201, I probably would have been lost in that post. haha.

I am going to give Watermelon a chance.... stupid non mixing grape WPI.
Brent, if it makes you feel any better, I'm an econ major (Graduated with a BS last December). And apparently I've retained a bit more knowledge about it than I give myself credit for.

B

BS Nutrition

Awards
ECN 201 you didnt just give me a flash back! Horrible memories :twisted:

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
ECN 201 you didnt just give me a flash back! Horrible memories :twisted:
Imagine that being your major (i.e. Me). Every class from basic econ on forward revolved around that concept, it was just the terminology that became harder and harder to understand. I'd leave class with a :confused: look sometimes.

B

BS Nutrition

Awards
ECN is cool in itself, but when they start going into CPI and the FED I couldnt wipe the drool off my desk fast enough! But you have to agree with Scivation, theres a minimal market.

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
Sir,

You have a point, Since we live in a NOW society and expect things the way we want when we want, we don't think of the logistics, cost, and such details.

Thanks for the answer and I will buy a few tubes of the Grape and Watermelon.

C

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ya it would be cool but i can understand Scivation's side of it too, i routinely buy 5lb tubs of whey isolate but most that buy 5 or 10lbers are buying a blend that's why the price is lower. Most ppl would look at the price of 5lbs of whey isolate and go hell no, i'm going with 10lbs of ON Whey.