Bulk Xtend?

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
I like Xtend, and would like to buy it in larger qualities than in those 1016.1g jars to save a few dollars if possible.

How about it? :D

-Blesum

PNA

Awards
I like Xtend, and would like to buy it in larger qualities than in those 1016.1g jars to save a few dollars if possible.

How about it? :D

-Blesum
Could this be a possibility in the future, Marc?

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Probably not because people aready complain about the price even though we have it as low as it can go. There wouldn't be a large market for the bigger jugs. Where do you guys get your Xtend from?

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, the sticker shock would kill people. Imagine $100 for 5lbs of Xtend!

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
that would be worth it though, and it would last awhile too

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
Xtend is one of my favorite supplements, however I'm curious as to what keeps the price so high. Is it the quality of the components? The costs of synthesizing it at a precise ratio? Something else?

Thanks.

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Xtend is one of my favorite supplements, however I'm curious as to what keeps the price so high. Is it the quality of the components? The costs of synthesizing it at a precise ratio? Something else?

Thanks.
This is a product that costs A LOT to make.

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
I get mine from Bulk Nutrition if it matters. Been a customer for years and treated very well so I've never bothered to look elsewheres.

I'm not surprised to hear that Xtend is priced "as low as it can go" - 1000g bulk BCAA is only 11 bucks less, but tastes like crap, doesn't have citrulline malate, B-6 or glutamine in there.

The glutamine is cheap, but the citrulline malate isn't. However I feel that the citrulline malate is under dosed in Xtend and I end up buying citrulline malate on the side to mix into the Xtend or BCAA's. But that's a different subject for a different day.

I've been trying out the BCAA mega-dosing that Derek wrote about and am pleased with the results I am getting and plan to continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I feel that as more people discover the postitve effects of BCAA mega dosing, there will be more of a demand for BCAA's, especially in a more tasty, bulk form.

-Blesum

PNA

Awards
I get mine from Bulk Nutrition if it matters. Been a customer for years and treated very well so I've never bothered to look elsewheres.

I'm not surprised to hear that Xtend is priced "as low as it can go" - 1000g bulk BCAA is only 11 bucks less, but tastes like crap, doesn't have citrulline malate, B-6 or glutamine in there.

The glutamine is cheap, but the citrulline malate isn't. However I feel that the citrulline malate is under dosed in Xtend and I end up buying citrulline malate on the side to mix into the Xtend or BCAA's. But that's a different subject for a different day.

I've been trying out the BCAA mega-dosing that Derek wrote about and am pleased with the results I am getting and plan to continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I feel that as more people discover the postitve effects of BCAA mega dosing, there will be more of a demand for BCAA's, especially in a more tasty, bulk form.

-Blesum
I myself have started mega dosing Xtend as of today. I am excited to find and see how I react to the dosage.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
It costs MUCH MUCH MUCH less to put an unflavored powder in a plastic bag or unlabeled jug then to put the same product in a labeled jug with flavoring. Then you got manufacturing fees and all that fun stuff.

-Blesum

PNA

Awards
I'd rather pay extra for the flavoring then just do bulk BCAA powder. I have done both and flavored BCAA is the way to go.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established

-Blesum
I add about 5g of CM to 6 scoops of Xtend

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
I'd rather pay extra for the flavoring then just do bulk BCAA powder. I have done both and flavored BCAA is the way to go.
And so would I, especially if I could get Xtend in bulk (unmarked plastic bags would be perfectly fine) to make the price a bit more competetive. Some of us don't want to pay for the pretty labels, or multiple shipping/handling charges just to get a few pounds worth. We just want the product. As it is, I currently buy Xtend AND bulk BCAA, mix it up and dump in a bunch of citrulline malate. Costs me about 100 bucks for 2200g of the good stuff to my door.

-Blesum

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
FWIW
I too would like to know what bulk options are available. XTEND is really a great product.

nicholas

nicholas

Awards
Has anyone ever done the math on Xtend vs making it yourself. Personally Im impressed with how good they come to being competitive with the raw prices of it. For just a couple bucks more you get a tasty bcaa drink. The price for Xtend was found at another site other than BN but you get the idea. I just did this for my own purposes but thought others might find it interesting.
Bulknutrition Prices
Price Per Gram
BN Bcaa 1000g 39.99 $0.039/Gram
BN Citrulline Malate Powder 75g 9.99 $0.133/Gram
PrimaForce GlutaForm 1000g 32.99 $0.033/Gram
Now FoodsVitamin B6 100/100mg Pills 4.99 $0.499/Gram

To make your own you'd need:
630g Bcaa 630*.039=$24.57
90g Citrulline Malate 75*.133=$11.97
225g Glutamine 225*.033=$7.43
.9g B6 .9*.499=$0.45
Total Price $44.42

Scivation Xtend
Price=$45.99
Bcaa 7g/Serving*90=630Grams
Citrulline Malate 1g/Serving*90=90Grams
Glutamine 2.5g/Serving*90=225Grams
Vitamin B6 10mg/Serving*90=.9Grams

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Great post Nicholas. Xtend also tastes good and that costs them too... I don't see how they can go lower on the current price, except by going bulk, and even then, there's probably not more tha a few dollars to be saved. I'd be interested should Scivation or somebody else decide to go down that route someday.

This is a good thread.

-Blesum

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
And one more thing,
I would like to thank Scivation for bringing such a great product at such a reasonable cost. I look at all my empty xtend cans and think "MMMMMMMmmmm, must get more!!"

Thanks guys.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
The day I tasted watermelon Xtend changed my life :D