Sesamin ?

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
I noticed that you guys only recomend dosing at 3X per day. Which is about 500mg (per cap)of the active if I'm not mistaken. Avant had said to double dose if you put on BF easily. Would it be wise to emply the same strategy here, or is 1.5g per day fine?

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
If you have never used Sesamin before, I would start at the recommended dosage (1500 mg) and see how it effects you. If you want stronger anti-fat gain effects than you could increase the dosage. I myself find 500-1000 mg of Sesamin per day to decrease fat gain very well. So you can play around with the dosage and find what amount gives you the results you are looking for.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Awards
  • Established
What if we are talking Fat loss, does that change things?

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
When I bulk I use 500-1000 mg. When I cut I up it to 1500 mg. I have not personally tried above 1500 mg. Maybe next time I cut I'll do 2,000 :)

If are very overweight (i.e. >20% bodyfat for a male) then using more than 1500 mg would be beneficial.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Beast, what's the minimal dose to gain the health benefits from sesamin ?

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
Derek how do you feel about Dicana/EC during the day and a full days dose of Sesamin at night? I read in a thread somewhere that this has been successful as a means to overcome the competitive nature of the sesamin and dicana.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Derek, Looks like I'll be stikcing to 1500mg per day.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Beast, what's the minimal dose to gain the health benefits from sesamin ?
100 mg of Sesamin per day has been shown to have positive effects on cholesterol levels. I would simply take 1 capsule of Sesamin with your last meal of the day (this meal should have ~10+ grams of fat to increase lymphatic absorption) to get all of its health benefits.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Derek how do you feel about Dicana/EC during the day and a full days dose of Sesamin at night? I read in a thread somewhere that this has been successful as a means to overcome the competitive nature of the sesamin and dicana.
I'll look into this topic this afternoon.

stevenki

Awards
i think dicanna and sesamin would hinder each other in some way. I remember when i tried trimax and sesathin it wasnt as effective as previous cycles, but it worked really well to take it afterwards for fat prevention . I remember there are some people who experienced the same thing at avant

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Sesamin and Dicana

PPAR and Thyroid hormones share the same heterodimers (a molecule that consists of two subunits that are different): PPAR/RXR and Thyroid Hormone/RXR. If you are using both a PPAR agonist (Sesamin) and increasing your thyroid hormone levels (Dicana), Sesamin and Dicana will compete with each other to bing with RXR. I'm not sure how seperating your dosages of Sesamin and Dicana would work, but I assume if they are spaced out with one in the morning and the other in the evening/night, competition for the RXR would be decreased. You could also try taking a low-dose as there will be a dosage where the RXR is not saturated.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Awards
  • Established
It seems as if maybe Sesamin should be used then after taking Thyroid drugs. Thus help preventing fat gain while waiting for the Thyroid to recover.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
It seems as if maybe Sesamin should be used then after taking Thyroid drugs. Thus help preventing fat gain while waiting for the Thyroid to recover.
That would be a good strategy. :thumbsup:

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
so in conclusion any thyroid supplements(including trimax and t3) are not the best with sesamin? Hmmm...now I gotta decide which to keep on my cutter.

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
Thanks Derek, great info as always. I may drop the sesamin and add the Dicana for now, then bring back the sesamin when the Dicana is gone.

william3162

Board Supporter
Awards
I am taking 3 caps a day of Scivation sesamin and 3 caps (1,000 mg each) a day of flaxseed oil. My goal is to reduce bodyfat trying to keep as most muscle as possible. Is this protocol ok? Any suggestions? Do I need to increase the intake of sesamin?

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
I am taking 3 caps a day of Scivation sesamin and 3 caps (1,000 mg each) a day of flaxseed oil. My goal is to reduce bodyfat trying to keep as most muscle as possible. Is this protocol ok? Any suggestions? Do I need to increase the intake of sesamin?
Your protocol is fine. Take the Sesamin with your higher fat/higher calorie meals of the day. The fat will increase the lymphatic absorption of Sesamin and increase its effects.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sesamin and Dicana

PPAR and Thyroid hormones share the same heterodimers (a molecule that consists of two subunits that are different): PPAR/RXR and Thyroid Hormone/RXR. If you are using both a PPAR agonist (Sesamin) and increasing your thyroid hormone levels (Dicana), Sesamin and Dicana will compete with each other to bing with RXR. I'm not sure how seperating your dosages of Sesamin and Dicana would work, but I assume if they are spaced out with one in the morning and the other in the evening/night, competition for the RXR would be decreased. You could also try taking a low-dose as there will be a dosage where the RXR is not saturated.
I have read this posted in several forums. If they compete like this would the Sesamin also compete with yoru bodies own natural thyroid? I would think since its the receptors it would decrease binding whehter it is exogenous or not?

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
I have read this posted in several forums. If they compete like this would the Sesamin also compete with yoru bodies own natural thyroid? I would think since its the receptors it would decrease binding whehter it is exogenous or not?
I'm sure they would compete for receptors, but you would not be saturating the receptors. I'm just going to use some simple numbers for an example. Say you have 10 RXR receptors. Normally 4/10 are used by the thyroid hormone at any given time. You add sesamin which uses another 4 receptors, so you are now using 8/10 receptors. Now if you add exogenous thyroid hormones into your system which would need another 4 receptors, you would need 12 receptors when you only have 10.

This is where either using Sesamin or T3 comes into my. Using just one won't compromise receptor competition, but using 2 compounds that compete for the same receptor at the same time would. Again, it all depends on dosages as well.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm sure they would compete for receptors, but you would not be saturating the receptors. I'm just going to use some simple numbers for an example. Say you have 10 RXR receptors. Normally 4/10 are used by the thyroid hormone at any given time. You add sesamin which uses another 4 receptors, so you are now using 8/10 receptors. Now if you add exogenous thyroid hormones into your system which would need another 4 receptors, you would need 12 receptors when you only have 10.

This is where either using Sesamin or T3 comes into my. Using just one won't compromise receptor competition, but using 2 compounds that compete for the same receptor at the same time would. Again, it all depends on dosages as well.
Very nice explanation. Thank you...that all puts it into perspective.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Awards
  • Established
Derek, you think double dosing during a cheat meal is more beneficial than a regular dose?

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Derek, you think double dosing during a cheat meal is more beneficial than a regular dose?
It should help some. No matter how much it helps physiologically, it definitely helps out psychologically because you feel you weren't being as bad, which to me is worth it on its own.

Mulatto

Awards
Derek,
What would be the ideal dosing for a woman (my wife) trying to lose some weight? Should she stick to the recommended dosing, or bump it up a little?

Thanks,
Derek S.

DieselPump

DieselPump

Awards
Derek,
What would be the ideal dosing for a woman (my wife) trying to lose some weight? Should she stick to the recommended dosing, or bump it up a little?

Thanks,
Derek S.
BUMP to this question!

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Derek,

Thanks,
Derek S.
Stick to the recommended dosage. If she is a smaller girl, she may be able to get by with 2 caps a day. If she is trying to lose a large chunk of fat then I'd go with 3 caps a day.

THE GREATEST

I'm Hungry
Awards
This is probably the best supplement I've ever taken results wise...I've always been lean, but since incorporating sesamin into my supplement regimen I have been more vascular than I've ever been in my life, even more than when I was playing ball at 5%bf...this is a supplement that I will use year around not only for the fat burning, but for the positive health benefits...btw I only take three a day...will probably drop it to 1 or 2 when cutting like derek does

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DieselNY Supplements 0
Supplements 17
Anabolics 2
Supplements 14
missrose2u Supplements 17