Snags gets ginormous with lean clean off-season dream bulk

Page 4 of 26 First ... 23456 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ahahaaa...well man, these things are always relative of course
    on the overall picture, sure I agree with you, that really isn't all THAT many cals to be eating..
    comparatively speaking tho, when most around here are trying to improve bodycomp or lose weight (so gross excess caloric ingestion is not conducive to this), or when you compare the fact I just came out of bb'ing show prep and was down to ~2200-2300cals there for a minute a very short while ago --- then it DOES look like a lot of food, quite simply

    remember tho: i'm still working on getting to 6kcals, which is still ~20% more food then I am eating here...
    now THAT is getting up there, no matter how you slice it
    Not if you slice it 6000 ways. ....
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com


  2. Still learning about my nutrition and wanted your take on Tdee. Calculating Tdee requires one to use height, weight and activity level. Should the "weight" used be total weight or weight corrected to remove fat content? Also, as lifters, what "activity level" should be used? "Moderate" activity level I think is wrong for me lifting for an hour and then sitting at a desk for 8 hours. Opinion? Snags, do you use this?
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Still learning about my nutrition and wanted your take on Tdee. Calculating Tdee requires one to use height, weight and activity level. Should the "weight" used be total weight or weight corrected to remove fat content? Also, as lifters, what "activity level" should be used? "Moderate" activity level I think is wrong for me lifting for an hour and then sitting at a desk for 8 hours. Opinion? Snags, do you use this?
    My tdee calculations always seem off from real world results
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post

    My tdee calculations always seem off from real world results
    Agree with this^^. If I stick to Tdee I respond with fat gain in the stomach area. Snags, keep or ditch Tdee?
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

  5. His opinion is biast being his bmr is naturally higher just from "being snags"
    :-)
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Agree with this^^. If I stick to Tdee I respond with fat gain in the stomach area. Snags, keep or ditch Tdee?
    yeah I don't use any of those "calculations" for bmr or energy expenditure
    i'm very old-school, and intuitive - track my progress daily based on painstaking recording of all caloric/activity levels in past, so I have a guide that is for me and me alone
    to get going at first yrs ago, I did use generic guideline of 15-20cals/lb of lean bodyweight for gaining (mine came in ~20), and 12-15cals/lb of lean bodyweight for cutting (again mine was personalized ~14 or so)
    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    His opinion is biast being his bmr is naturally higher just from "being snags"
    :-)
    I do have a naturally high bmr, and good metabolism for sure
    lucky, I am - genetically blessed (but NOT a genetic freak, trust me)

  7. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yeah I don't use any of those "calculations" for bmr or energy expenditure
    i'm very old-school, and intuitive - track my progress daily based on painstaking recording of all caloric/activity levels in past, so I have a guide that is for me and me alone
    to get going at first yrs ago, I did use generic guideline of 15-20cals/lb of lean bodyweight for gaining (mine came in ~20), and 12-15cals/lb of lean bodyweight for cutting (again mine was personalized ~14 or so)
    I second this^^^^^

    Been doing this since my last show based of the my past year or so of eating (and talking with my new coach)

    Calories are a lot lower than in the past. Fat gain is nearly non existent and I'm growing. My TDEE has me about 550 cals more/day than I am currently eating according to most calculators.

    Decent reference point for some, far from accurate IMO.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  8. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ahahaaa...well man, these things are always relative of course
    on the overall picture, sure I agree with you, that really isn't all THAT many cals to be eating..
    comparatively speaking tho, when most around here are trying to improve bodycomp or lose weight (so gross excess caloric ingestion is not conducive to this), or when you compare the fact I just came out of bb'ing show prep and was down to ~2200-2300cals there for a minute a very short while ago --- then it DOES look like a lot of food, quite simply

    remember tho: i'm still working on getting to 6kcals, which is still ~20% more food then I am eating here...
    now THAT is getting up there, no matter how you slice it
    Actually I am very surprised you bumped them up that fast after your show with minimal fat gain.

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yeah I don't use any of those "calculations" for bmr or energy expenditure
    i'm very old-school, and intuitive - track my progress daily based on painstaking recording of all caloric/activity levels in past, so I have a guide that is for me and me alone
    to get going at first yrs ago, I did use generic guideline of 15-20cals/lb of lean bodyweight for gaining (mine came in ~20), and 12-15cals/lb of lean bodyweight for cutting (again mine was personalized ~14 or so)
    I do have a naturally high bmr, and good metabolism for sure
    lucky, I am - genetically blessed (but NOT a genetic freak, trust me)
    I'm the same way, although I don't write anything down I know where i'm at for the day and I adjust my macros as needed for weight loss /gain.

    I'd recommend doing that over any kind of calculation.. Once you figure out where you need to be your body will respond well

  9. I really don't feel so bad about how I've been doing it over the last couple years now. I stopped tracking my calories & fats, & even my protein - I know that in off-time as long as I get at least 30g of p over 6-7 meals each day, I'll have enough to recover well/maintain, & I often eat far more than that (often 1.6g/lb of bw) even in off time. Carbs I've been paying much more attention to, but in general, I just listen to my body. If I'm getting fatter, I know no matter what I'm eating too much, too often, or too many carbs (or fat) at the wrong points in the day for me.

    I know that's not remotely what Snags is actually doing here (it's 100x more intricate), but I'm saying that all the calculators in the world can't change what happens in real life, like Ken's finding out. If you're getting fatter or smaller against your will you need to pay attention & be intelligent/reactive.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Actually I am very surprised you bumped them up that fast after your show with minimal fat gain.
    yeah, was going along just fine....but tbh I really pushed the envelope with that cheaty free-eats window the other night, I mean yeah I filled out and looked like a slab of granite and all, but it wasn't quite as hard as I want to be staying, and I am still bloated here today a bit, and veins are just now starting to come back after going into hiding
    won't be doing anything outside the plan again -- but it was worthwhile to experiment, won't know unless you try it

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I'm saying that all the calculators in the world can't change what happens in real life, like Ken's finding out. If you're getting fatter or smaller against your will you need to pay attention & be intelligent/reactive.
    BOOM exactly
    intelligent & reactive, not continuing to bang your head against the wall cuz wonderful XYZ formula says this is what you should be doing
    too many just blindly follow such nonsense, simply because they don't know any better, or don't take the time to learn their own body

  11. well..(ahem)..I know I was supposed to stay at same cal range this day, and I was on track - despite swapping a few things out here & there for other options to get some different variety in (got some good amounts of natty pb & almond butters in the mix), they were all apples-to-apples exchanges on cals and macros....and then, as I was preparing dinner #1, I noticed I had couple sweet potatoes I better get to eating soon before they go bad, so decided to toss a 7oz one in with that meal
    bottom line: 200cal increase this day, puts me just shy of 5400 for day
    totals: 5390cals, 685/410/111
    we move along; next up is breaking the 700g carb barrier

    can't wait for tomorrow, plan to bake me up some sweet potato fries - looking forward to that!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    plan to bake me up some sweet potato fries - looking forward to that!
    You'll hit 700 carbs easy with these made

  13. Eat big, lift big, sleep big?!?!?! Yep

  14. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    You'll hit 700 carbs easy with these made
    couple small additions to first two feedings of the day here this morning will ensure I get over that amount also, will be over 5500cals for day too when all said and done
    I've adapted really well to the larger meals now - in fact, with the exception of one meal, none of them really fill me up any longer, leaves me hungry still
    the one meal that does fill me up is still a mofo getting thru, I mean I feel bloated to hell afterwards, is my postWO meal: typically i'm having a box of mac & cheese+can of tuna+scoop of isolate for this feeding, or i'll have 2/3 box of mac & cheese and fill in the remaining cals/carbs from another source (like potatoes or something)...note: of course I do not use the margarine/butter they call for on the box, nor do I use the milk; I will use 1/2 TBS of real butter, for either the box or the 2/3 serving I am eating, and just the water on the noodles, and dump the tuna in with it -- this keeps the fat lower (among lowest of any feeding for day) while cals on this meal are the highest or at least among the highest of any feeding for the day

  15. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    couple small additions to first two feedings of the day here this morning will ensure I get over that amount also, will be over 5500cals for day too when all said and done
    I've adapted really well to the larger meals now - in fact, with the exception of one meal, none of them really fill me up any longer, leaves me hungry still
    the one meal that does fill me up is still a mofo getting thru, I mean I feel bloated to hell afterwards, is my postWO meal: typically i'm having a box of mac & cheese+can of tuna+scoop of isolate for this feeding, or i'll have 2/3 box of mac & cheese and fill in the remaining cals/carbs from another source (like potatoes or something)...note: of course I do not use the margarine/butter they call for on the box, nor do I use the milk; I will use 1/2 TBS of real butter, for either the box or the 2/3 serving I am eating, and just the water on the noodles, and dump the tuna in with it -- this keeps the fat lower (among lowest of any feeding for day) while cals on this meal are the highest or at least among the highest of any feeding for the day
    I hear you there. My post workout leaves me feeling rough, although i'm hungry in an hour.

    I too like to mix my carb sources.. For example yesterday I mashed some red skin potatoes and added a cup of rice and stirred it together.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I hear you there. My post workout leaves me feeling rough, although i'm hungry in an hour.

    I too like to mix my carb sources.. For example yesterday I mashed some red skin potatoes and added a cup of rice and stirred it together.
    same here after that big meal, get hungry again ~an hour later lol
    nice mix on the potatoes & rice - yeah I love mixing all sources, proteins esp but also carbs even fat sources -- balance and variety is good!
    I have some quinoa I think i'll bust out and try for postWO meal, usually like to have that with nice meat source/salad/etc (ie dinner), but maybe won't be quite as filling for me as the noodles

  17. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    same here after that big meal, get hungry again ~an hour later lol
    nice mix on the potatoes & rice - yeah I love mixing all sources, proteins esp but also carbs even fat sources -- balance and variety is good!
    I have some quinoa I think i'll bust out and try for postWO meal, usually like to have that with nice meat source/salad/etc (ie dinner), but maybe won't be quite as filling for me as the noodles
    I love quinoa

  18. as it was written, so it came to pass..
    went away from the mac&cheese totally today; instead, went with



    1/2c quinoa+1 can tuna+1 yellow bell pepper+1 slice pineapple
    1.5c raisin bran+1c almond milk+1 scoop isolate
    ~950cals, 145/70/15

    seemed to go down a little better, tho it was mostly the cereal responsible for this I think (I can maul cereal endlessly, no joke)
    quinoa started filling me up tho, still wasn't as bad as the mac&cheese was
    nice mix here, may do this for awhile



    heyyy, i'm getting kinda big these days..small sneak peek as I hide under this shirt



    weight ~207 upon rising today

  19. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    I can maul cereal endlessly, no joke

    heyyy, i'm getting kinda big these days..small sneak peek as I hide under this shirt
    At times, cereal feels like the enemy to me. If I buy a box of miniwheets/raisin bran, it is gone in a sitting... not good lol

    Looking big and full my friend...

  20. indeed simon - gotta keep an eye out when cereal is around (especially 42 boxes of it LOL)

    here's a bit more representative pic from today, and revealing..you can see by my lower back, I am holding little to no fat down there, in fact could still pop the Christmas tree if I were to pose the right way....very happy with progression!


  21. Oh! We got a smirk in the picture! Try showing some teeth next time big homie
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Oh! We got a smirk in the picture! Try showing some teeth next time big homie
    choppers coming up next pic, just for you sir

  23. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    indeed simon - gotta keep an eye out when cereal is around (especially 42 boxes of it LOL)

    here's a bit more representative pic from today, and revealing..you can see by my lower back, I am holding little to no fat down there, in fact could still pop the Christmas tree if I were to pose the right way....very happy with progression!
    Looking massive there snags! Huge, full and still lean as ****! Nice work

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Looking massive there snags! Huge, full and still lean as ****! Nice work
    thanks mate -- feelin great!
    nice & clean too, fresh outta the shower there in that pic

    check out tonight's dinner #2...yum



    main meal/meat portion: 5oz 96% lean beef+2oz mesquite turkey breast deli slices,
    sandwiching 1 TBS BBQ sauce mix, and nestled under 2 slices of pineapple
    1 can albacore tuna+salsa
    salad/dressing/croutons
    1.5 servings (128g) sweet potato fries+3 white cheddar rice cakes
    ~910cals, 110/70/22.5

    and made all my totals today, after bedtime shake is consumed in awhile here....barely, but still made it!
    5520cals, 715/420/114

    off day tomorrow, we'll back the pre/postWO shakes out (~725cals total) and add some cals here & there to other meals
    should be ~5k cals total on off day

    speaking of my postWO shake:
    new format, as we increase the cals overall so too has this increased and been modified, is now 1 rice krispy treat (180cals/only 3g fat)+2 plain rice cakes, each covered with 1 TBS brown rice syrup; also 1 scoop isolate (30g protein/1g fat)
    totals 490cals, 75/35/4

    the only feeding that has not changed at all up to now but will be next in line to, is preWO shake...going to 1.5 scoops glycomaize next training day instead of 1 scoop (so will be ~52g carbs total), will remain 1 scoop 20g protein isolate however

  25. So much manipulating!
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Let's get SHREDDED with Lean EFX Refined! 5 NEW loggers needed!
    By TheSwanks in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 01:30 PM
  2. CountryLiftin gets mean and lean with Erase and Natadrol.
    By CountryLiftin in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 12:15 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 04:58 PM
  4. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Log in
Log in