Snags gets ginormous with lean clean off-season dream bulk

Page 12 of 22 First ... 1011121314 ... Last

  1. I am flying in and out of Myrtle Beach, but my parents are down there for 3 weeks, and drove... I am going to have to do some shopping for goodies like this while I am there. They can bring it back for me. Any other suggestions fire away, because selection is just so much better south of the border.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    I am flying in and out of Myrtle Beach, but my parents are down there for 3 weeks, and drove... I am going to have to do some shopping for goodies like this while I am there. They can bring it back for me. Any other suggestions fire away, because selection is just so much better south of the border.
    well simon, I mean I have already said couple different times what kinds of butters I lean on..not holding anything back

    for the most part, I like to control the source of my fats; this is accomplished by eating lean meats and clean dry carbs
    so, I supplement with almond butter (#1 go-to, and my favorite by far), sunflower butter & natty PB next, finally coconut butter the least..
    I will also use heavy whipping cream (sparingly - but it tastes soo good in a shake!), and of course real butter -- nothing at all wrong with real butter, is one of the worst "myths" spread by nutritionists for the healthy individual to avoid this

    and that pretty much sums it up, really pretty simple and easy to maneuver
    •   
       


  3. Snags - it's awesome to see those leg veins at the calorie consumption you've been at. Curious about a couple things (as usual!)

    - Do you feel your metabolism has 'sped up' or is capable of burning more fuel now due to your recent eating? For instance, is it likely that you could get into contest condition at a higher caloric intake than you did previously? I presume this will naturally be the case anyway due to gaining more muscular weight however, I'm curious if you may be able to consume more than what your next contest weight would typically call for.

    - When eating with precision like you do, there are no leftovers. Every meal, bite, calorie has a purpose. When putting together your shopping list, are you creating it based off your macro needs or do other factors come into play as well? Again, I presume you reach for foods that you like or don't mind eating but I'm curious if you're calculating a consumption of say, 35,000cals per week and breaking that down based on your macro needs then purchasing X pounds of protein, X grams of carbs, etc

    My schedule has kept me away for a couple days but I love to come back here and get caught up on the daily physical changes. Very cool to see!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by sdunlimited View Post
    Snags - it's awesome to see those leg veins at the calorie consumption you've been at. Curious about a couple things (as usual!) - Do you feel your metabolism has 'sped up' or is capable of burning more fuel now due to your recent eating? For instance, is it likely that you could get into contest condition at a higher caloric intake than you did previously? I presume this will naturally be the case anyway due to gaining more muscular weight however, I'm curious if you may be able to consume more than what your next contest weight would typically call for. - When eating with precision like you do, there are no leftovers. Every meal, bite, calorie has a purpose. When putting together your shopping list, are you creating it based off your macro needs or do other factors come into play as well? Again, I presume you reach for foods that you like or don't mind eating but I'm curious if you're calculating a consumption of say, 35,000cals per week and breaking that down based on your macro needs then purchasing X pounds of protein, X grams of carbs, etc My schedule has kept me away for a couple days but I love to come back here and get caught up on the daily physical changes. Very cool to see!
    You just made me look at shopping a whole different way. I never considered "shopping by macros", but I definitely will now. I'll bet that it would save money at the same time, knowing that every portion of the shopping list is dedicated. Regardless of Steve's answer, I think you're post may have just opened some eyes. Thanks for that.

  5. Ive started shopping by macros. I basically know how much of each meat, vegetable and carb I'm going to ingest each week due to how my diet is laid out. The only thing that changes for me really is "sauces" and seasoning. I rarely use sauces but that's besides the point. It really dose make shopping easier if you shop by macros and are not trying to put things together on the fly at the store.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com
    •   
       


  6. speaking of shopping (ironically)..
    so I just got back from grocery awhile ago, and as i'm going down the aisle I pass this old lady, looks like your typical grandma
    she looks up at me as she passes by, does a double-take, and says "muscles!"
    LOL it was too cute


    Quote Originally Posted by sdunlimited View Post
    - Do you feel your metabolism has 'sped up' or is capable of burning more fuel now due to your recent eating? For instance, is it likely that you could get into contest condition at a higher caloric intake than you did previously? I presume this will naturally be the case anyway due to gaining more muscular weight however, I'm curious if you may be able to consume more than what your next contest weight would typically call for.
    yes, yes, and yes to all this....
    certainly a person can influence their metabolism by total caloric ingestion -- but that is only a small slice of the overall pie that will induce metabolic improvement...everything I do pretty much is geared to keep metabolism humming at high level
    firm believer that this is best way to keep/accrue muscle; flip side is, probably will die younger than if I didn't eat so much, like a candle burning out quicker cuz of a bigger flame
    you wanna live big, lean and muscley? eat big and eat right, and work out
    you wanna live long life? then eat like a bird and be a couch potato
    quality of life is more important to me than quantity, every time

    - When eating with precision like you do, there are no leftovers. Every meal, bite, calorie has a purpose. When putting together your shopping list, are you creating it based off your macro needs or do other factors come into play as well? Again, I presume you reach for foods that you like or don't mind eating but I'm curious if you're calculating a consumption of say, 35,000cals per week and breaking that down based on your macro needs then purchasing X pounds of protein, X grams of carbs, etc
    well interesting idea and way to look at this; but no, I do not do this at all
    this does not mean your idea holds no merit; indeed, whatever works for you & your schedule, then go for it
    me - i'm a bit of a borderline hoarder, and that extends to my pantry and fridge/freezer as well...couple of reasons for this really:

    #1 - I like variety; when you get to a certain level of nutritional understanding, you can piece together any number of combination of foods, and come within almost identical range of cals as well as macros and just as importantly, micros
    this just comes from time and repetition -- starts of with memorizing meal plans; then you develop a catalog of foods and their respective caloric/macro/micro values, which enables you to pretty much throw a meal together at will on the fly, and different every time
    while I like repetition in some things, eating the same meal over & over again is not one of the areas I practice such

    #2 - I typically shop 2-3x weekly, not just 1x...this is because I eat a lot of fresh fruits & veggies, including salad..and when I say I like things fresh, I really mean FRESH, not couple day old stuff
    side-benefit of this is, I mostly avoid the big huge shopping days of stocking up for extended timeframe, which is the kind of shopping I really do not enjoy at all (takes too damn long, I get bored in there)

    My schedule has kept me away for a couple days but I love to come back here and get caught up on the daily physical changes. Very cool to see!
    well we got a bromance brewing here I see, as I continue to be impressed by you sir
    you ask the right questions, have a good sense of thinking outside the box, and just generally seem very intelligent and a quick-study

    cheers

  7. couple notes before I go on extended absence...
    so got arms/abs in today, and I think I am calling it break time -- just feeling it is time, a bit run down
    I been hitting it pretty hard for a good long while now, and not only do I feel break would be beneficial right now, it also frees up some time for me to finish small odds & ends in packing/finalizing move...plus couple demos tomorrow, fair amount of drive time will be all day affair, and move day is Tuesday ~830am

    break just makes sense -- 5 days worth, way I figure it, will resume next Thursday after the crib is put back together

    kinda have mixed emotions about the move the closer it gets (or maybe it's just the clomid making me melancholy)..I mean I been in the house for ~10 yrs, and if you think about it that is almost 1/4 of the time I been alive .... that's a long time

    diet will remain on point thruout break of course, BUT I do plan on having a Subway Tuscan chicken melt for lunch tomorrow in Merrillville between demos -- that damn commercial has been driving me nuts
    already spec'd out the nutritional profile on a footlong, not too shabby: ~800cals, 100/55/20

    anyway, will catch you guys on the flip (next week)

    and don't forget! you NW Indiana guys, come out to Vitamin Shoppe and see us tomorrow!

  8. Be safe brother!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  9. Safe travels
    Independent

  10. Good luck with your move & demos big guy
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  11. God's speed big guy!
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  12. Good luck with everything snags.

  13. Snags makes his own luck

    Failure is never an option
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  14. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Snags makes his own luck

    Failure is never an option
    i like both of these


    thanks all round for the wishes guys, appreciate the sentiment!
    aaaand the move is complete (whew!) talk about some work, jeez man..
    this elevator thing was no joke, required some ingenuity at times with some of my things -- specifically, we had to disassemble one of my weight racks because it wouldn't fit in there all assembled with attachments....move took freaking 6hrs, uggh

    diet fell off a tad, but despite that and the lack of training, i look relatively the same, still veiny as hell, muscle tone intact
    will still be a day or two before i jump back into training, got a lot of odds & ends to take care of and a sh1tload of stuff to put away/organize....moving is no joke

    but --- i am going to really dig it here, bigtime

  15. So the condo is a win?
    If there's an elevator, there must be stairs and that will help during the next prep. Win.
    Let's get some pics of the view.
    Good to have you back.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    So the condo is a win?
    If there's an elevator, there must be stairs and that will help during the next prep. Win.
    Let's get some pics of the view.
    Good to have you back.
    yep, condo is win for sure
    went shopping a bit this morning, first experience bringing groceries back in..
    wasn't too bad, three trips tho (but i did buy 2 cases diet soda so..)
    yes stairs are manageable for the purpose you insinuate, not long & straight but will work nonetheless
    will get pics up when i can find my cam

  17. still feeling a bit rough this morning, but wasn't gonna let that deter me from breaking back into things on the training side...all i got to say is: whoaa, was i rust-eeee! joints and bones were screaming at me profusely
    decided to scrap the full-body plan, went with single main bodypart again (chest & abs), think i'll continue with that just change up parameters on some things is all....was a trip getting used to a much smaller area to workout in, adjustments were forced to be made in maneuverability around equipment and whatnot -- it's a pretty packed workout/office area (good thing i only need a smaller amount of space for the office stuff, since i can put a slew of supplies in the big walk-in closet attached)

    anyway, ran thru a basic workout, nothing fancy, getting the muscle memory/fibers worked back into the flow
    me thinks squats tomorrow are gonna be no fun at all oh well, i'll get back in da groove sooner or later

    8 sets abs (non-weighted today)
    4x10 flat bench BB
    4x10 incline bench BB
    4x12 DB flyes
    3x10 cable standing flyes, 1-arm isolation

    this was a piece of the motivational workout music this day
    EMINEM - Survival

  18. Glad to hear the move went well ... enjoy the new pad.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  19. basic leg day, again just easing myself back into things this first time thru the protocol

    4x20/16/12/8 leg extensions
    4x10 BB squats, ATG style
    4x15/12/12/10 lying leg curls
    4x20/16/12/12 standing BB calf raises, pause at top extension

    in other news, I am sick
    that is all

  20. Hope you bounce back and feel better soon Snags..
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  21. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    basic leg day, again just easing myself back into things this first time thru the protocol

    4x20/16/12/8 leg extensions
    4x10 BB squats, ATG style
    4x15/12/12/10 lying leg curls
    4x20/16/12/12 standing BB calf raises, pause at top extension

    in other news, I am sick
    that is all
    Tis the season
    Where it all started

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html

  22. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    basic leg day, again just easing myself back into things this first time thru the protocol

    4x20/16/12/8 leg extensions
    4x10 BB squats, ATG style
    4x15/12/12/10 lying leg curls
    4x20/16/12/12 standing BB calf raises, pause at top extension

    in other news, I am sick
    that is all
    Being sick sucks, I've only just started feeling "normal" again after a week and a half. Being in pct makes it even worse.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post
    Tis the season
    but I never (okay, rarely) get sick, so there is no real "season" for me
    I understand what you say tho

    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Hope you bounce back and feel better soon Snags..
    thank you kind sir

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Being sick sucks, I've only just started feeling "normal" again after a week and a half. Being in pct makes it even worse.
    yeah pct been going pretty damn good to this point..i feel better already here this morning -- enough to train da boulders

  24. Congrats big guy on the new pad and the new life. Divorce sucks but it's also a chance at a new and improved life. Looking good in here. Keep improving. Best of things in life to you!
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

  25. Never too sick to train shoulders :P . Another thing...I'm kinda glad that I don't have a really nice weight setup at home cause I would probably over train thought about that just now lol.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  26. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Congrats big guy on the new pad and the new life. Divorce sucks but it's also a chance at a new and improved life. Looking good in here. Keep improving. Best of things in life to you!
    well I been divorced now for ~yr & a half bro
    but yeah I hear ya - new pad, new start .. quite the bachelor pad here too, dig it
    thanks for the sentiment

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Never too sick to train shoulders :P . Another thing...I'm kinda glad that I don't have a really nice weight setup at home cause I would probably over train thought about that just now lol.
    some would already consider you to be overtraining
    I push the boundaries myself, could def benefit from some addtl rest periods I am sure

  27. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    well I been divorced now for ~yr & a half bro
    but yeah I hear ya - new pad, new start .. quite the bachelor pad here too, dig it
    thanks for the sentiment

    some would already consider you to be overtraining
    I push the boundaries myself, could def benefit from some addtl rest periods I am sure
    Taking an extra rest day today actually.

    Woke up at 214 after yesterday and the limited food, so I'm gonna get me some good dense foods in today.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  28. I think the 2 month squat program I completed recently really hosed my left knee. Probably need to go down to 1 lower body day/wk for a while but I can't get myself to leave the power routine for a body part split right now Is it overtraining if you love doing it? Depends on if the results are the only thing that matters I guess, or if there's something to be said for the process itself.

    Glad you're feeling better Snags. Being sick blows, especially when it disrupts training/eating.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Woke up at 214 after yesterday and the limited food, so I'm gonna get me some good dense foods in today.
    i'm hanging ~212 upon waking, seems to have leveled off nicely


    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I think the 2 month squat program I completed recently really hosed my left knee. Probably need to go down to 1 lower body day/wk for a while but I can't get myself to leave the power routine for a body part split right now Is it overtraining if you love doing it? Depends on if the results are the only thing that matters I guess, or if there's something to be said for the process itself.

    Glad you're feeling better Snags. Being sick blows, especially when it disrupts training/eating.
    thanks my friend - lucky for me, it never disrupted my appetite or training endeavors, wasn't that kind of bug (almost nothing can kill my appetite lol)

    as for overtraining: sure is doesn't matter how you slice it, overtraining is overtraining, and will result in a loss of ability to recover/add fresh muscle after too long
    yeah I would never be able to handle that kind of load to my wheels tbh, knees need more down time than that to bounce back





    quick basic boulder session:
    6x15/12/12/10/10/8 seated BB military press
    3x12 laterals
    3x12 bent laterals
    3x12 behind-back shrugs

    pretty decent session for being so abbreviated

    game plan taking shape for tweaking the routine after this week..
    will combine triceps with shoulder day, and biceps with back day, to drop down to a 4-day rollover (instead of 5 day split w/ 2 off days)
    I like the transition, will work up to getting some nice volume going as conditioning/muscle memory comes back

  30. Glad you're feeling better!!!

    No fun without the snagelicious work outs and stuff.
    OLYMPUS UK REP
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Let's get SHREDDED with Lean EFX Refined! 5 NEW loggers needed!
    By TheSwanks in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 02:30 PM
  2. CountryLiftin gets mean and lean with Erase and Natadrol.
    By CountryLiftin in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 05:58 PM
  4. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Log in
Log in