How I should dose my first Epi-v cycle for beginner

dreamcrusher

Awards
I'm 30yoa and have been lifting solid for 5 years. I'm 6"0 at 215lbs at 18% bf. I've tried several supplements and did an 8 week LG PH-17(weak) cut with minimal results. I followed as directed and luckily did not have any sides but no progress either; PCT was their super cycle with 6g of DAA a day.

I wanted to give Epi-v a shot but was curious as to how I should dose it with virgin receptors and for how long?

I also thought about starting with 550-xd and then bridging into Epi-v to shred but how should I dose it?

I definitely want to shred up so whatever works.

I plan on cutting with Lyle's UD 2.0 diet.

Any input would be appreciated.

calebsmitty

Awards
I'm doing a short run with Epi-V and 550. Was advised to just run them together as recommended on label. So 2 caps per day of each.

dreamcrusher

Awards
Ok. Do you split doses like 1-550 & 1-Epi? How long is your cycle gonna run?

calebsmitty

Awards
Yeah. 1 of each in the AM and 1 of each in PM.

I'm sure PCT Revo. and Pure Test will be enough coming off

dreamcrusher

Awards
PCT looks good from what I've read. How long is your run gonna be?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I'm 30yoa and have been lifting solid for 5 years. I'm 6"0 at 215lbs at 18% bf. I've tried several supplements and did an 8 week LG PH-17(weak) cut with minimal results. I followed as directed and luckily did not have any sides but no progress either; PCT was their super cycle with 6g of DAA a day.

I wanted to give Epi-v a shot but was curious as to how I should dose it with virgin receptors and for how long?

I also thought about starting with 550-xd and then bridging into Epi-v to shred but how should I dose it?

I definitely want to shred up so whatever works.

I plan on cutting with Lyle's UD 2.0 diet.

Any input would be appreciated.
quite honestly, you will have better results if you get to lower bodyfat prior to using epi-V
better option for you currently would be the 550xd - is a great recomp product..also gives relief to aching joints
run at 4 caps daily, splitting 2/2, 4-6 weeks duration
if at ~4-week mark you have dropped bodyfat sufficiently, you may then consider combining epi-V for duration, or even switching over to straight epi-V if desired

as has been mentioned, our PCT Black + PureTest combo is sufficient for this cycle in pct

dreamcrusher

Awards
Sounds good. Thanks for the advice brotha. I'll make a log when I do my run.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Sounds good. Thanks for the advice brotha. I'll make a log when I do my run.
awesome :)
thread is best way to get it right, keep you on track, and get guidance thruout
we'll be on the lookout for you

dreamcrusher

Awards
I'm assuming take 2 in the am and 2 before bed?

Also, can take first dose on an empty stomach?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I'm assuming take 2 in the am and 2 before bed?

Also, can take first dose on an empty stomach?
we advise taking with meals, split 8-12hrs apart
I have dosed them empty stomach upon rising before tho

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't seen it mentioned, but if you're looking for a good recomp prior to shredding, you can throw some PX Black in with the 550xd to help get that body fat down some.
Once you get the BF% down, toss in the epi-v and I'd say you'd be in for a good amount of leaning out.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
quite honestly, you will have better results if you get to lower bodyfat prior to using epi-V
better option for you currently would be the 550xd - is a great recomp product..also gives relief to aching joints
run at 4 caps daily, splitting 2/2, 4-6 weeks duration
if at ~4-week mark you have dropped bodyfat sufficiently, you may then consider combining epi-V for duration, or even switching over to straight epi-V if desired

as has been mentioned, our PCT Black + PureTest combo is sufficient for this cycle in pct
Yah that's what I keep telling people peak on epi-v...

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Haven't seen it mentioned, but if you're looking for a good recomp prior to shredding, you can throw some PX Black in with the 550xd to help get that body fat down some.
Once you get the BF% down, toss in the epi-v and I'd say you'd be in for a good amount of leaning out.
nice addition
550 + new PX = lean + muscles!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
550 is wild for recomp. You can gain 2-5 lbs but drop 2-3% bf and those are conservative estimates, throw in PX ...who knows...

dreamcrusher

Awards
Thanks for the input guys. Now I'm having a hard time deciding what kind of resistance training program I should do for the recomp? I can only workout in the morning since I work in the evenings but I plan on hitting the weights first and then jumping on the stairmaster for 40 minutes after.
Any thoughts on a workout that could add as much muscle as possible under a recomp?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
lots of possibilities bud..
i'm not one for "set" written programs, but general guidelines for you:
3-4 exercises per bodypart, 3-4 sets per exercise, reps in the 8-12 range, rest periods shorter
training can be from 4-5x weekly
fyi - that's a lot of cardio after training, but some have that preference (not me)

mrkleen knows a multitude of set routines, he may be of more assistance than I

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had a lot of success with madcow training. Fst7 has been my favorite by far though. I think fst7 is perfectly suited for a recomp actually. Could also cut cardio in half or out all together with shorter rest periods. Gvt. Mountain dog. All are good options.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think FST is very good for the established lifter who needs a bit more volume having attained a certain amount of mass. It can be used for a lot of situations depending on how you set it up I guess. Montego and Kleen are teh experts on this one. I am very comfortable with my 5 day routine where I double up on Chest. Just got it from one of the basic examples and altered it for my own needs.

FST has opened my eyes to the fact that I may need a tad more volume in my workouts as it was immediately beneficial. When I go warrior after this I will be keeping this in mind maybe adding some sets to it. Then I come right back to FST again.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
dietary intake/food choices going to play the most important part in this 3-part equation of recomp (supps & training of course follow)..be on point!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you had a naturally fast metabolism and swam all day long, you could get away with an awful lot :D
Does he eat dirty... just think if he didn't ...

dreamcrusher

Awards
Yeah diet needs to be on point, I had learn that the hard way last fall after I did a 3 month bulk using linear periodization and carb-backloading. I got stronger but got fat as well, and I didn't keep much of the mass.

Carb-backloading is tricky and I did a dirty bulk.

I got 3 bottles of 550-xd ready to go! Have to wait to get snipped before I hit hard in 3 weeks. Gonna run for six weeks at 4 caps a day with PCT Black with DAA for post cycle. Also bought Taurine for back pumps and gonna dose that at 5g with my pre-workout drink (Speedx3 and Pumpx3 by Lecheek).

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Carb-backloading is tricky and I did a dirty bulk.
not a fan of such a plan

I got 3 bottles of 550-xd ready to go!
nice supply - way to do it righteous
Have to wait to get snipped before I hit hard in 3 weeks.
is that a typo?
Gonna run for six weeks at 4 caps a day with PCT Black with DAA for post cycle. Also bought Taurine for back pumps and gonna dose that at 5g with my pre-workout drink (Speedx3 and Pumpx3 by Lecheek).
your chances of having back pumps on this product are pretty low..

dreamcrusher

Awards
Ok Gents, I started my 550-xd cycle 13 days ago and have not noticed anything yet except small headaches and more aggression/agitation. When should I expect to start noticing changes on my body? I'm running at 4 caps a day(2 morning, 2 evening).

Also, anything I can do for the headaches?

I wanted to start a log but I got too much stuff going on and I know I wouldn't be able to commit to it.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
varies on results, but most start seeing around 3 weeks/4th week in - dosing looks good
headaches should not be an issue, is not that kind of compound
I am not a medical practitioner, so cannot advise you here but to say make sure you have increased water intake and are drinking plenty

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would not have expected headaches from this but yes try increasing water intake and if you still have some problems you could try some Hawthorne Berry to be safe.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you go the Hawthorne berry route, preloading it is always the best idea. Although used to lower BP, it can also spike BP prior to lowering it. This scares some people out of cycles because they take it too late, see the spike, and think it's not helping. Preload HB 1wk prior. Epi-v shouldn't mess with your BP though, not to that extent.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you go the Hawthorne berry route, preloading it is always the best idea. Although used to lower BP, it can also spike BP prior to lowering it. This scares some people out of cycles because they take it too late, see the spike, and think it's not helping. Preload HB 1wk prior. Epi-v shouldn't mess with your BP though, not to that extent.
I didn't know that but I always preload it with my other support supps so would not have noticed.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am with Snags on this one, you shouldn't be experiencing headaches from this product, it is not going to have that much effect on your BP unless your BP was already in question. Now dehydration from lower estrogen and not enough water intake, yeah that could cause some headaches. However much water you are drinking increase it to 1-1.5 gallons a day and I bet you will be good as gold.

dreamcrusher

Awards
Ok thanks guys. Also, I'm running 550-xd and not the Epi. Someone recommended that I drop some more pounds before doing an Epi run.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok thanks guys. Also, I'm running 550-xd and not the Epi. Someone recommended that I drop some more pounds before doing an Epi run.
I agree with that Epi-v does the most good when you are at your leanest. Remember it will help you look harder so peak is where you want to use it.

dreamcrusher

Awards
Ok gents. My first Finaflex 550-XD cycle is finished as if today. Unfortunately, I must say that I'm disappointed in the overall results. I thought that I would get somewhat of a recomp but I did not. While I did gain some muscle size, it's nothing to brag about and not really what I was after.

I would not recommend this product to anyone because it didn't really seem to do, anything. I was following Wendlers 5/3/1 BBB but again I did not notice any significant or extraordinary gains.

Thanks for all of your help.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Ok gents. My first Finaflex 550-XD cycle is finished as if today. Unfortunately, I must say that I'm disappointed in the overall results. I thought that I would get somewhat of a recomp but I did not. While I did gain some muscle size, it's nothing to brag about and not really what I was after.

I would not recommend this product to anyone because it didn't really seem to do, anything. I was following Wendlers 5/3/1 BBB but again I did not notice any significant or extraordinary gains.

Thanks for all of your help.
I would almost guarantee you: the problem lies not in the product itself, but rather in your approach nutrition-wise (choices of food, overall macro structure, maybe even total cals ingested)

these products will NOT overcome a poor diet, unless you are a very specific metabolism that will allow this

no offense to you, but that is by far the most overwhelming issue and cause, with the guys who say anything remotely close to what you are saying here -- and this feedback/cause is really relatively rare, since most ppl who run a hormonal product/stack, are assumed to and in fact do have dietary/nutritional understanding on point, before engaging in steroidal course

in any event, we appreciate you taking the time to offer your feedback and opinion, take care