Page 41 of 42 First ... 3639404142 Last
  1. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

That second picture is FREAK status.

Someday.......
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Holy shyte bro, all I can say is impressive.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Kill it snags!
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    He's not done yet. Wait till he fills out. difference will be incredible
    ^^ pretty much this
    it is crazy this morning - and now the REALLY fun stuff starts

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    That second picture is FREAK status.
    Someday.......
    patience JB..this is 30yrs of training at one end of the spectrum, or another, and a bit over 10yrs focusing squarely on bb'ing and muscle development
    i've worked hard for this; it is a marathon, not a sprint

feelin good gents! getting ready for the day, got up ~145AM to prepare fully, meditate and get my mind and spirit right
    I am ready

FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Leave everything you've got on that stage and they'll have no choice but to love you! Show them what SNAGolicious is all about!
    Where it all started

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

it was the quickest rollout I ever seen or been involved with, good grief - pre-judging started at 9am, so I based everything on pre-stage snack to pumping up on 2 classes going before middles, going ~15min per weight class...I was right about the class order, but- the speed with which they went thru things, middles were called to line-up and get ready to go to backstage "loading dock" at 9:06! I mean I wasn't even thru with my snack, let alone pumped up..was ridiculous
    sure enough, we were on stage shortly, and were done out there with mandatories in ~5min, seriously (if that long even)
    no excuses, but I certainly did not look my best; combine that with my slower carb approach thruout (that wasn't quick or hard enough, come to find out), and there being some steep competition in this class (well all classes really, but everyone looked good in my class, and everyone was not only well-conditioned but also freakin huge! I mean couple guys were coming in a tad heavier than me, one guy @180 (which I ended up not reaching)
    was shocking, really - even tho it shouldn't have been

anyway: in the comparisons, they moved me around 3 different times, from 2nd spot (next to middle top-spot guy), then 3rd, then 4th....where I end up, dunno, but (obviously) guessing from 2nd to 4th; the guy in the middle, black fella, they never moved him and he looked great (guy who was 180), so pretty sure he got the class win

came back to my hotel to catch some zzz's...will update after tonight's show
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Cracked y'all out like popcorn huh
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

yup, was learning experience for sure
    5th place -- and while the goal was first of course, I really cannot say I am disappointed with my showing or placing..national shows are simply no joke, was everything I imagined, and then some
    the only thing I am disappointed in, in hindsight, was I should have entered the masters division as well; I think I could have won the middles there, in the open middles there was just too much competition...reason I did not, was it would have been another $200 for each class entered, and I was simply running out of funds at that time; another learning experience tho, and that is: if they are going to give you multiple opportunities to win a pro card, you need to take advantage of each and every one of them...hard lesson to learn here, coulda cost me my pro card; but chalk it up to (yet another) learning experience

the experience also gave me the opportunity to see first-hand, what difference injectables can make; I think I need to take that next step, for sure..guys with simply far less experience and training time over much fewer # of yrs, were just built superbly and in areas that are very difficult for me to expand; you can just tell the different "look" that this adds to the game
    also see some things I need to work on, couple weak points I need to focus on - and the plan starts now to make the next step on way to completing this journey..that in mind, I am off shortly to get a training session in here this morning before I check out later, and go right into mass-gain time - no time to rest, on a mission
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.
    Answers

Would love to see pics of the lineup and see just how insane the top 4 guys were. You're conditioning looked to be spot on via the pics you posted here. Hard to imagine what these other guys looked like. Although, no matter how you slice it, this will always be an incredibly subjective sport.

Congrats to you for your time, dedication, commitment and effort to not only get this far but to share your experience with all of us here. It is appreciated.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.
    Answers

Steve all the work and dedication you put into this was not in vain.as you said we all learn from everything we do good or bad. Now on to the next objective brother. Way to go!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  158 lbs.
    Answers

This should be considered a slight setback, learning experience and preparation for the "big" event; whatever that might be. Your consolation prize is that you are one "ripped" bodybuilder with a body that most only can dream of! On to the next show to kick some tanned azz!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Congrats Snags! 5th at Nationals is damn good! Good luck on the next step, and Logging it.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.
    Answers

Hey Steve, congrats! Following you along this journey has been inspiring and one hell of a learning experience. I really do hope you log your mass-gain phase in this venue - it makes a huge difference and is pretty exciting for a lot of us! Glad to see you are as always so positive. You're a good guy and a hell of an athelete.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Answers

You worked your ass off. The journey is the real competition and you won that hands down.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

That has got to be the most humble and honest version of personal performance I have ever seen someone be with themselves on this site. You have a great outlook on what you do sir. We can only imagine what this show has done for additional motivation. I for one can't wait to read your next log and see what you do next.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Good job Steve. I knew it was going to be a battle but you still impress me with your intuition and work ethic. I'm excited to see you motivated to continue towards your goal. I think it is well within reach. Congrats and good luck on the next phase we will be here to follow that is for sure.
    Independent
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.
    Answers

You should definitely be proud of all you've accomplished snags. And it's not just the competition but also how much you've taught and inspired us who have followed you on your journey. Oh, and I'm definitely in for a bulk log to see you go monster mode!
    Where it all started

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Answers

You're a winner in my book.....5 th place nationals is something to be proud of. Most of us will never reach that level...and I'm sure you'll use these words spoken by an Austrian hero....I'll be back
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Answers

5th huh....well...i can say im impressed...way to go bud you deserve nore but way to keep your head up! Learning experience for sure!

Now onto these next steps....
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Man your flat pictures looked absolutely nuts. Sucks that you didn't make 1st, but you should be extremely proud of your accomplishments nonetheless. Absolutely in for the mass-gaining. Can't imagine what happens when the injectables come into play with a physique like yours now. You're seriously a freak already big guy
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Man your flat pictures looked absolutely nuts. Sucks that you didn't make 1st, but you should be extremely proud of your accomplishments nonetheless. Absolutely in for the mass-gaining. Can't imagine what happens when the injectables come into play with a physique like yours now. You're seriously a freak already big guy
    ^^^ def this!
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

wow! you guys have such nice things to say - thank you all for the support! each and every one of you

as for me: yes, I am now on a mission, to perfect the process, and bring some even better things to the table...
    call me "hungry" again

you guys that have seen my pics - you are quick!
    for those that haven't, here's a couple I like from pre-judging

23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    wow! you guys have such nice things to say - thank you all for the support! each and every one of you

as for me: yes, I am now on a mission, to perfect the process, and bring some even better things to the table...
    call me "hungry" again

you guys that have seen my pics - you are quick!
    for those that haven't, here's a couple I like from pre-judging
    Freaky
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

time to take this gig to bigger and better levels fellas
    watch what happens with this ultra-structured bulk i'm getting ready to throw together...
    here's today, a bit watery after all my eating Saturday/yesterday

I will tell you guys in a minute here about what I mauled Saturday night after nighttime performance, this place called texas de brazil, down near the convention center where show was held - was simply fantastic
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

all right: this texas de brazil place, OMG unfreakingbelievable food, my friends, might simply best best place I have EVER eaten, bar none...if they have one near you, I strongly urge you to go; it is $43 per person, but I tell you I would pay double that, to enjoy it again..just, wow

what it is, is all-you-can-eat salad bar buffet - and "salad bar" really doesn't do this justice, as there is sooo much more there than simply the usual salad bar fare..exotic fruits, veggies, fresh veggies of course, some dessert stuff, lobster bisque, cheeses, melted cheeses..i mean this is a smorgasboard in its own right
    but the shining light of the place, are the meats the servers come around and present to you on a skewer, then cut of portions and go on their merry way till the next guy shows up with whatever delectable meat he happens to have...check this out, right from the website:
    prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso or a hand-rolled cigar and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.

here is the website, you can see if there is one near you
    http://www.texasdebrazil.com/
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  158 lbs.
    Answers

Agree, there is one in Las Vegas and I died and went to food heaven when I ate there!! Nice start to your bulk!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, we have a couple of them here in Myrtle Beach. Rios Brazilian Steakhouse and Gouchos. I get coupons every now and then for half off at Rios.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Those Brazilian steakhouse places are crazy. We have one here in Phoenix also. Glad to hear you had a good time getting your grub on sir.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

That was my favorite restaurant on my honeymoon in Aruba
    BOARD TYRANT
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

good to see so many of you have experienced that place I am in lust (if it ain't obvious)

yes, the bulk has started today in full...basically, will be kept fairly clean, not a whole lot different foods then what I been eating/usually eat but with a little play, heavily loaded with good carbs mostly, strategically placed sugars (postWO), and lower in fats than you'll see most guys using - indeed, I'll be keeping a tight lid on fats, and they will come almost exclusively from sources of my intentional choosing

starting off ~3500cals as I transition out of cut, and clean up the bit of water i'm holding from all the crap I ate yesterday (yes I had my splurge of garbage, all out of my system now )
    cals eventually will approach 5k, carbs ~850 or maybe even a bit more some days
    I am also extending the hormonal run here for another 3-4 weeks, dropping everything except tren and adding a 6a-chloro compound (Hexadrone), a dry non-methylated mass gainer, to combine with the tren, and of course i'll be adding in some 1-Alpha/1-Andro combo - albeit at lower dosing than what I was using for prep
    this will all be designed for an easy on the liver, nice dry lean bulking plan that you will see unfold...gonna be a few days maybe before I can get the log rolling, way behind on some things so need to catch up, then will see what time permits

when I do get rolling, I will place the link to the log in here, so be on lookout for that

but for now: here's an example of a meal, dinner #1 tonight (dinner #2 comes in 3hrs)

~550cals, 70g carbs/42g protein/11g fat
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Agree, there is one in Las Vegas and I died and went to food heaven when I ate there!! Nice start to your bulk!
    ironic that you mention this one mark
    I was talking to this guy at the Westin I stayed in, he's from Arizona..was telling me about that one in vegas - only I guess it has the seafood with it along with the brazilian meats? and of course because it's vegas, not only do you need reservations, but he said it was ~$135 per person as well
    i'd pay it, can only imagine the seafood fare added to what they have....WOW
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Snags,
    Congrats on your show. You're really dry, but you do actually look a bit flat..

Anyway I wouldn't be disappointed- competition at nationals is ridiculous.

I've never dabbled in hormones but I know people that do and the difference between orals and injectables is absurd

also, I am very excited to follow you through your bulking. I've learned a lot in here, thanks.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Snags,
    Congrats on your show. You're really dry, but you do actually look a bit flat..

Anyway I wouldn't be disappointed- competition at nationals is ridiculous.

I've never dabbled in hormones but I know people that do and the difference between orals and injectables is absurd

also, I am very excited to follow you through your bulking. I've learned a lot in here, thanks.
    thank you ace
    yeah - I just wasn't aggressive enough in the final carbing/filling out, as I mentioned...was quite a bit I learned in the process, as always, can now take and build upon and refine even further
    someday (maybe), I will have perfected everything; not to say there is never anything to be learned, but as I continue to progress and refine my approaches, I cannot see there will always be continued improvement on the structure - at some point, perfection MUST be reached!
    I do appreciate your sentiment, and glad you have both enjoyed & learned some things thruout this process -- that goes for anyone who picked up some knowledge they may not have had prior..glad to have helped & inspired

as for the bulking, yes I think you guys will enjoy that, gonna bring some new things to light for a lotta guys, I feel..
    wait till you guys see my protocol for pre/postWO nutrition, I really think you'll enjoy that one
    (btw I have had 2 stellar training sessions, yesterday & today, really enjoying and looking forward to the shift in many areas of this aspect)

dinner #2 tonight - believe it or not, this was 720cals

2.5oz sweet & spicy tuna + 2oz Canadian bacon
    1/2c steel cut oats + 1/2TBS almond butter
    salad with croutons and raspberry merlot dressing
    1 scoop vanilla isolate (in water)
    720cals, 77/65/13.5

the oats alone were almost half the cals (340) and fats (6) of this meal, and the majority of the carbs (58)...add in 1/2 the isolate drink and 1/2 TBS almond butter, and it pushed that bowl to 450cals/10g fat
    this is an example of what I was saying about controlling the majority of sourcing for my fats, will be relying on butters to great extent for these, but mostly real butter and almond butter, with the occasional peanut butter/sunflower seed butter/coconut butter tossed in where desired
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by turff49 View Post
    Yeah, we have a couple of them here in Myrtle Beach. Rios Brazilian Steakhouse and Gouchos. I get coupons every now and then for half off at Rios.
    hey man myrtle beach my summer stoming grounds! isn't one of them near Broadway?
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.
    Answers

i'd definetly like to see what you have in store for the bulk. that is the way I want to head into next year . gain as much as possible (muscle wise) by eating correctly and training profusely! I am still considering talking to you more . finances are my enemy. thanks for all your knowledge steve..you are the man!
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

water has mostly been eliminated already now, continuing to reduce thruout the day..weight sitting ~193 here this evening, looking pretty damn solid

cals finished up today@3650, splits of 425 carbs/315 protein/71 fats
    this is roughly where I will target fat consumption, in 70-75g range
    after a few days here, carbs will move up to 500ish as I increase cals next, then go upwards from there

and that wraps up this log gents - as mentioned, will post link when new log is up
    been fun, look forward to seeing you all around!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

After all that fuss not one person mentioned the new haircut! Hotness!
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

^^ LOL glad you like chief

bonus coverage!
    pic from this morning, showing continued water reduction, yet simultaneous weight increase (194 this morning upon rising)
    getting on track very rapidly here...this gonna be so much fun

39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Holy **** snags, if only you could have been this full at the show
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Holy **** snags, if only you could have been this full at the show
    I will be, next time
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hemorrhoids..the Road to the Nationals..and all things Finaflex
    By snagencyV2.0 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 10:43 AM
  2. Poobah On the Road to 405 with John Pinder.
    By Poobah in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 04:56 PM
  3. Where to get ebooks on steroids/bodybuilding?
    By rford78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 05:29 AM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 12:17 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 10:00 AM