Smitty's Summer Log

Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

1. should not be any need for you to ever consider going that low on carbs daily, tbh
    50-75g ehhh still on the low side
    hell if you eat a large grapefruit that's like 40g carbs right there - but, they're good carbs, bodycomp friendly (among other plusses)..you would prolly be just fine and at accelerated fat-loss level at ~100g daily, as long as they were structured appropriately
    if you are rotating carbs and going 150/100/50 then up again, that is suitable and popular as well - but again, that is considered by some to be extreme dieting as well, I just happen to look at it as a lifestyle

2. It's really hard for me, personally, to keep carbs that low. I really feel weak and tired when venturing that low. Even at 100g I get pretty sluggish. Amazing how different metabolisms can be.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    It's really hard for me, personally, to keep carbs that low. I really feel weak and tired when venturing that low. Even at 100g I get pretty sluggish. Amazing how different metabolisms can be.
    You must stay at 50g then.... ZING!
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

You must stay at 50g then.... ZING!
    One more reason to hate you.

5. Fiber excluded from daily total.

I felt pretty good at 100 grams. I was training hard last week and I wouldn't have been able to at a lower level. So far I havn't had a hard training session since Friday. Wife kept me busy all weekend and I'm in the final stretch of Spring Football. My thought was to keep Carbs in that range unless training. If I do have a good hard session today I will up my carbs with PWO carbs. If I don't feel I pushed myself too hard I won't.

I already know I won't be able to train tomorrow so I will keep carbs down for sure.

I'm just keeping my option open and seeing how my body responds.
    •   

6. Squats

I've been exhausted all day. Long days during spring ball. But I managed to get a quick 30 minute grinder.

Superset
    Leg extensions - 15 reps
    Squats - 10 reps, worked up to 225(135,185,225,275, 2 sets at each weight) failed at 275 on second set after 5 reps so stopped there.

Earlier during Baseball class I worked biceps. Just did as many slow strict sets I could while kids were lifting.

7. I was going 150 100 50 with the carbs but I include my fibrous ones. The next phase to go 75 across the board only fibrous and a grapefruit.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

8. I just realized this morning something. I was weighing myself on a spring scale at home and it was showing consistently >220. I weighed myself on a digital scale at school and I was 5-7 lbs. heavier on that scale. So I used a different digital scale and got same result. So instead of losing weight I have actually gained weight or maintained my starting weight even after operating at a significant calorie deficit and carb restriction.

Moral of the story. The Epibolin and Epi V are keeping me strong and lean while not sacrificing LBW. I feel significantly leaner but apparently I have no lost much weight if any. I going to switch scales at home to better track this.

9. I believe this is what is referred to as a recomp.

10. Yeah. I was afraid I was losing to much to fast. Glad I was wrong. My weight has been steady at 222-225. BF% on Handheld roughly 17%. Most of which is still in my belly.

11. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Yeah. I was afraid I was losing to much to fast. Glad I was wrong. My weight has been steady at 222-225. BF% on Handheld roughly 17%. Most of which is still in my belly.
    I don't trust the handheld one bit. I know what you mean about most of your fat being in the belly area. Hardest area to get rid of. Just gotta stick with your dietary ritual and make adjustments if you stall. It'll go away in due time.

12. I only use the handheld to see if BF is decreasing. Not worried about the number as long is it is going down.

13. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    I only use the handheld to see if BF is decreasing. Not worried about the number as long is it is going down.
    The handheld told me I was 19% when I took the pic in my avi.

14. Ha. Yeah it has a way of kicking you in the balls.

15. I really felt a boost today. I felt much stronger than normal today. I don't normally train with a lot of volume on main lifts but today I was able to work heavy in the 8-10 rep range until m last set.

Chest and triceps

Bench worked up to 275. Each set was 8-10 range with good form. 275 I did for 5 reps.

DB Incline 4x10. Good stretch.
    Flat DB Bench 4x10

DB Fly 2x10

Elbows out dips 3x10
    Tucked Elbows 4x10
    Band Tricep push downs 4x10

Close grip Bench 5x6-8

Jump rope - a bunch

16. Sounds like everything is starting to get going. Time to see the Freak come out at night!

17. Good timing to. Spring Game is tonight and I'm done for 3 months. Nothing but training and family time.

18. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Good timing to. Spring Game is tonight and I'm done for 3 months. Nothing but training and family time.
    Spring break y'all
    OLYMPUS UK REP

19. Deadlifting in the morning.

Woke up to a beautiful Texas summer day. Opened up my garage and lifted some **** off the ground.

I have started warming up with a snatch grip on DL. It provides a deficit and really makes my lats work. Did 2 sets at 135,185,225 with snatch grip.

Conventional DL 275x5, 315x5, 365x3, 365x1

Back down 275x10x2

RDL 3x10,135,185,185
    Leg curl 3x10

Now I'm back porching it. Did some yard work. Got the smoker smoking and the pit lit. Today is a good day.

Hope everyone else is having a great day. We all deserve It.

20. It is officially summer in Texas. It feels like Hell. I tried to workout around 10:00 this morning only managed 10 sets of 8-10 pull-ups with different grips. The heat beat me down and took the heart out of me.

Planning on pushing the prowler and pulling the sled before dinner. Gotta fight through it.

21. I can swing a handheld by 5-10% in one day by increasing sodium and water intake. It measure the impedance (speed the electricity travels through your body) Increasing your state of hydration and electrolytes will totally fool the that hand held by increasing the speed the electricty travels through your body. The faster it travels the lower it thinks your bodyfat is since muscle is 80% water it assumes your LBM is much higher. If you are lean and dehydrated it will read a much higher bodyfat level due to slower electric conduction, and on the flip side if you are a little soft but well hydrated it can read much lower than you are. It is probably as useless of a device as the old school BMI charts since it relies on such an easily modified method of measurement.

You would probably be better off just taking progress pics, and or getting some calipers just to make sure the pinch measurements are moving down. The actual formula is not needed so long as you see the pinch measurement getting lower your bodyfat is too.

You look like you are kicking some ass and should be happy with your progress.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

22. Yeah. I got a bunch of handhelds this year for class. So I just use it for convenience. Have some calipers as well. Need to take ten home though.

23. Prowler

40 yard sprints x 9

Quick hard and effective.

And now I'm gonna eat some carbs.

24. Leaning out. Look a little skinny. Still have a good deal of belly fat. But other areas are losse ing up. Before I had a hard time pulling a skin fold in my belly now I can.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

25. It's the last to go every time brother. Doing awesome and changes are very evident.

26. I think the years of bad choices are all collected there.

Measure with calipers today. All sights were under 10 but the belly. It was over 25. Average was 13.5.

The work has shown the most in my live handles. They are now second leanest area.

27. 13.5 is really decent.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

28. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    13.5 is really decent.
    Agree here. 13.5 is athlete level. Can't complain about that too much. Way better than average.

29. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Leaning out. Look a little skinny. Still have a good deal of belly fat. But other areas are losse ing up. Before I had a hard time pulling a skin fold in my belly now I can.
    Not looking skinny, looking more and more fit. Making good progress boss. You're on the right path.

30. Thanks guys. Helps to get reassurance. I always fell I'm looking emaciated when I diet.

I've been movin up on the scale and leaning out. So I'm satisfied. Ending my Epibolin run this week. So how I respond.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. keats summer log
    By keater824 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 03:44 PM
  2. Mister Ed's Pre-Summer Log
    By mister ed in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 12:42 PM
  3. GT's Cutting for the summer log!
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs