Smitty's Summer Log

calebsmitty

Awards
Got everything in and started this new run on Monday. I will be running a short run of Epibolin(2,3A Epi), along with Epi-V, and 550.

I am starting the first week with Epibolin at 15 mg day 1 and working up to 30-45 mg by the end of the week. Will be at 45 mg in week 2.

Starting week 2 I will add Epi-V and 550 to the party at 2 ed and run for 4 weeks.

Week 3 I will taper down Epibolin for a short run.

Week 5 I will start PCT Black and end Epi-v and 550.

Week 6 continue PCT and add Pure Test.

My goals are lean out as much as possible.

Stats:

220 lbs., roughly 15% BF, 6 ft.

Diet will be Low Carb, High Fat and Prot. with two refeeds per week.

Training. I've continued with my 531 for main lift. With a bodybuilding volume emphasis for assistance. 4 Training days per week.

HIIT for conditioning on off days. Cardio in AM if weight and fat loss is to slow.

Not sure what realistic goals I can expect. But I am hoping for a drop of 2-3% BF over 6 week period.

Any input or critique would be appreciated.

calebsmitty

Awards
Training Monday

Bench 531 worked up to 245 x5, Did one back down Rest Pause Set with 165. 15, 8, 6.
Bent-over Row, worked in between Bench Sets. 135x8-10 reps x 5 sets

Blast Strap Push Ups 3xMax, 1 set Reg. Pushups 15 reps.
Banded 1 Arm Row 3xMax

Lying Skull Crusher 4 x 8-10, 95 lbs.
Standing Band Push Downs 4 x Max Reps

No Training on Tuesday, First Day of Spring Ball Football Practice.

calebsmitty

Awards
Training Wednesday

Squat

Warm Up with narrow stance heels elevated 135x10, 185x 8, 225 x 8
Wider Stance Flat (531) 275 x5, 295x5, 325x5
Back Down Cluster Sets 275, 2 reps(15 sec Rest), 2 reps(15s), 2 reps. Did three sets of cluster sets as back downs.
Narrow Stance Elev. Heels 225x10, 225x10, 225x10
Step Ups on 16" Box, 115x8, 95x10

Ab Roll Outs 2 sets of 10
Ave. Band Standing Ab Crunch 3xMAX

I have started training at home in my garage. Which means much more simple training. I love being able to train at home. Had planned on dragging the sled at the end but my legs were done before step ups.

Nothing to report from Epi yet. I'll bump up dosage today to 45mg.

Weight this morning 218.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in late..

calebsmitty

Awards
Training is much simpler now. Summer heat is gonna be a problem though. Late night or morning sessions for the most part.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Training is much simpler now. Summer heat is gonna be a problem though. Late night or morning sessions for the most part.
Wished I had that problem....still freakin cold here in Holland.

calebsmitty

Awards
I trained yesterday around 2 PM. Was in the 90s but a good breeze going. Deadlifting in 90 degree heat is not easy though.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I trained yesterday around 2 PM. Was in the 90s but a good breeze going. Deadlifting in 90 degree heat is not easy though.
Ewwww. Good recipe for fainting :)

calebsmitty

Awards
Update:

Friday's Training:

Standing Milt. Press: Worked up in sets of 5 to 155
Dropped weight to 115 and did one Rest/Pause set of 15 reps (15 sec. rest), 8 reps, 5 reps
Pullups Between Each Set of Milt. Press. I've been using a light band to assist so I could hit more volume. Each Set was for 8 reps. Changed grips each set.

Band Lateral Raises/1 Arm Band Row/FacePulls - Did about 5 sets of this not counting reps. Mostly just banged out reps until near failure.

Ab Wheel 3x10
Medium Band Crunches (Reg. and Side) 3x10

Sat. No training, went to the beach with Family

Sunday:
Deadlift worked up to 335 in sets of 5.
Two Backdown sets of 255 x10

RDL 4x8-10 w/185

Leg Curl 3x10

Tire Sled Drag. Walking backward. I walk from my driveway to neighbors about 20 yards and back. I did 4 trips. These make your hamstrings scream for mercy.

calebsmitty

Awards
Ewwww. Good recipe for fainting :)
Yeah. I make frequent trips inside. And keep ice in my water bottle. Not too bad. It was the yard work my wife made me do that made me light headed.

calebsmitty

Awards
Supplement update.

I bumped Epibolin up to 45 mg on Saturday

I started 550 and Epi-V today at 2 pills ED taking one of each in the AM and in PM

So far I havn't noticed anything. No surge in strength or physical changes. I have read it may take up to two weeks to kick in. Hoping it will start to kick in this week so I can get the synergy of all three working together.

No weight change. Body fat still roughly the same. I'm measuring using an Omron hand held just for measurements sake. Eventhough it gives me different numbers everytime I use it. Currently says I am between 16-18%. Hoping to get it down to 12-14% by Summer's end.

Diet has been simple. I havn't been too strict with myself. I have kept Carbs low but not at zero. Fat moderate and Protein as high as possible. Yesterday was a Carb refeed day.

I havn't added cardio yet. I hate cardio with a passion and would prefer to push my prowler around instead.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember to take bf measurements first thing in the morning after the bathroom and before any type of fluid intake. Using one of those hand held things u might take three measurements and average them out to keep it more consitant.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as you are consistant in your method that's what matters most, I like using photos now. I try to keep some cinsistancy ... location time lighting etc...works well...

calebsmitty

Awards
Yeah I have a pic I'll post as well. I'm only using the handheld because I was able to order a bunch for my Food Science class so I have them available to me.

I always measure in the morning, not completely empty. And I usually take a few measurements and average it out. Just keeps me honest.

calebsmitty

Awards
Weight yesterday and today is up from the last few days. I had a carb refeed on Sunday so I'm assuming i'm holding more water than normal. I was consistently under 220 and now I'm up around 222-225. It could be the Epibolin kicking in.

calebsmitty

Awards
photo(1).JPG

This is a pic from a week and half ago. Was still close to 210 after ****ting my brains out and not eating for 4 days. I am going to take a pic tonight for comparison.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good starting point. Excited to see the shred fest.

calebsmitty

Awards
This is tonight. I'm lacking any real definition. It is coming in on my arms and legs. Still holding alot of fat in my lower abdominal.

Attachments

calebsmitty

Awards
Chest and Back today

Flat Bench worked up to 255x4, backed down 225x8,225x8,185x8,185x8,135x15,135x15

Face pull between sets of bench sets of 10 (100 total reps)

Bent over rows (pendlay) 5x10
Medium bands rows 5x10 (only really get the contraction part this way)

Band press downs 100 total reps

Tire sled sprints (40 yards)
6 sprints with a 25 on tire
2 sprints with no weight

Little variation but got the job done.

I need to up the ante on sprints. That is my goal moving forward.

calebsmitty

Awards
Question for all the experts. What do you think is a good baseline starting off for carb intake? I'm over 50 grams at the moment. I would think anything under 100 is fine. As I progress if fat is not coming off fast enough I could drop to 50 or below.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question for all the experts. What do you think is a good baseline starting off for carb intake? I'm over 50 grams at the moment. I would think anything under 100 is fine. As I progress if fat is not coming off fast enough I could drop to 50 or below.
100 should be more then low enough. Make sure to get a refeed every once in a while when ur feeling sluggish. Maybe bump it up to 150 or so that day. Many people like the lower carbs for cutting but make sure ur calories are in the right range. That's most important.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Little breakdown real quick.
P=4 cals/g
C=4 cals/g
F=9 cals/g

Not sure what ratio you are shooting for (40/20/40 is what I'd assume from your earlier post) but using this breakdown should help you find exactly how many grams of each you should be consuming daily.
Also, remember that fiber shouldn't be counted as carbs.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
looking lean caleb, you haven't backslid since I last saw you
as for carb amount - always individual man, and dependent on your goals..
expanding on what montego said: if you don't want to try a carb rotation, then keep carbs under 100g daily for leaning purposes and 2x weekly double up on your portion of carbs, or maybe shoot 250g twice weekly
play around with it, monitor yourself and get finite with things :)

calebsmitty

Awards
Macros for today

Pro 216
CHO 102, fiber 15 g of that
Fat 131

2400 cal roughly. Might have a protein shake before bed.

calebsmitty

Awards
Yeah that was my thought. Was thinking of dropping below 50 but every time I do that my training sucks. Just wanted to get some re assurance from people that have been doing this for a long time.

I studied dietetics in college but there never was a topic on getting shredded.

I just ****ing hate cardio. That's how I did it when I was younger. But I looked like I was hooked on heroin.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This guy hasn't done cardio in almost 2 years. Love every minute of that.

calebsmitty

Awards
I'm trying to stick to sprints and prowler/sled work to get my conditioning. Once I'm off for summer I will do some walking with my weighted vest in the morning. Probably no more than 30 min.

calebsmitty

Awards
Weight 220 this morning.

Feeling good and tight. Hoping to start seeing something from Epibolin soon. Have not felt any strength increase or any visible signs it has kicked in.

calebsmitty

Awards
Squats and more squats, and then squats, and some other stuff

I think the stuff Is kicking in. I had a great session today.

Sumo DL 3x8 - 135 (to warm up hips)

Squat Prog set ramp. 5 sets of 3, ramping up to 275 resting only when loading weight
Squat 275x5, 275x5, 295x5, 315x5, 325x5

Front squat 2x8 (just feeling them out I've never been able to master front squats)

Scrape the rack squats (my version of hacks) 4x15, 185.
( did these without lockout at the top)

Forward tire sled, walking, 60 yards x 6
40 yard sprints x 6
Calf raises 3x10

Mowed my front yard x 1

Felt I had more in the tank if I wanted to push it.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Mowed my front yard x 1
yeah the only thing you don't mention here is that your lawnmower is a rider

:lol:

(sorry couldn't resist)

gotta get out and mow myself today..takes me ~1:15 if i'm making good time, 1:30 if i'm just average

calebsmitty

Awards
Man I wish I had a rider. I was actually pretty gassed and my shoulders were burning. It give me an excuse to the my grass grow taller to add resistance to the mower.

calebsmitty

Awards
Shoulders

Milt press 95x10, 95x10, 115x8, 115x8, 125x8, 125x8, 125x8
Face pulls with medium band, between every set of milt press x10 reps

Wide grip pull ups - 4 sets between last four sets of press , sets of 5-8 reps

Band Lat raise/pull aparts 3 x max reps
Shrugs 4x10

DB Lat raise/ rear delt lat. 2x10 of each

This was real fast and short, very little rest between sets. I tried to keep moving and worked multiple exercises together. Traps and delts were nice and fried. Feeling much more intense now. Strength is climbing. Epi is kicking in.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good session bud. I've never been much on bands....they always break when i use them. :arms:

calebsmitty

Awards
Never used them much before. Just for stretching ad mobility work. But now that I'm mostly training at home. I have to find creative ways to train. Bands offer a lot of versatility.

calebsmitty

Awards
Weight steadily decreasing. I'm sure most due to low carb intake.

Tomorrow is going to be a refeed day.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight steadily decreasing. I'm sure most due to low carb intake.

Tomorrow is going to be a refeed day.
Let's see how u sit the day after the refeed. I think you are going to be quite pleased.

calebsmitty

Awards
I'm sure. I'm thinking 300-400 G is a good starting point. I'm going to try to keep food choices clean.

In the past on Carb Nite I ate whatever I wanted on my refeed. But I was on a much lower daily Carb intake. On CarbNite I was consuming less than 30 grams per day.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to plan carb meals like any other. One method Steve used for me was setting a time limit of 2 hours. I was needin some carbs though....

calebsmitty

Awards
Yeah. Carb nite had a four to six hour window. But the daily carbs were so low. Since I have been at roughly 100 grams, I don't want to overdo my refeed.

calebsmitty

Awards
Prowler Sprints

Finally rescued my prowler from a buddy. His dad was using it to haul bails of hay with his jeep. Only in Texas.

Made 8 40 yard trips, and two 60 yard sprints

Good quick work.

calebsmitty

Awards
Deadlift Sunday

Worked up by 5's to 335. Weight went up fast and explosive. Total of about 9 sets.

Back off sets. 2x10 @ 275.

That was it. Planning on hitting the sled later today.

Decided to save my refeed for today. Was to busy yesterday.

calebsmitty

Awards
Refeed not a success. Fat intake a little to high. Carbs at roughly 200 grams.

Going to make a change to carb intake. Going to keep carbs at or below 50 grams this week and see how I respond.

calebsmitty

Awards
Was expecting a weight gain after consuming those extra carbs. Went to bed at 220 woke up at 217.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 16
brandlife Cycle Logs 28
Smont Anabolics 7
NattyDaddy420 Cycle Logs 94
Lifting_Dad Powerlifting/Strongman 3