"Shredded by Summer" iparatroop's PX Black log.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First, big thanks to snagencyV2.0 for choosing me to be one of the individuals lucky enough to log PX Black before it's released. Also, thanks to MrKleen73 for the advice on training and to DreamWeaver for his inspirational log. If a dude in his 50s can kick that much ass, I should still be able to kick a little.

Some back story...
Before I got benched and shoved behind a desk I was pretty damn fit. My stats were 5'9", 196lbs at somewhere around 10-12% bf. Even at that weight (which is very heavy for me since I came in the Army at 137lbs) I could still knock out my two miles in 12:20. That was April of 2011.
Fast-forward a couple of years and skip the gym for that whole period, and you have the current me. I got all "woe is me, my life sucks and Cheetos are good". In late November, I was 198 at about 20% bf, I would guess. I don't have calipers anymore because they became depressing... I was a slob in my own eyes. I had let myself slip so far that I didn't recognize myself anymore. I hadn't been on this board for two years either. It was about that time that I decided I needed a change. I got back to the gym and started fixing my diet (no more Cheetos) and lost a few pounds. I came back to AM and started researching again to see what was new. I stumbled across the PX Black offer by chance and figured I'd throw my name into the hat. I got lucky and yesterday and received my bottle of purple and white pills.

Although I began cutting a few weeks ago, I think that this will be a great addition to what I'm already doing to get back to where I want to be. I really have nothing to compare this to, as far as burners go, other than the original Arson formula that I used for 3 weeks twice in 2010.

So today was day 1. Normally I take Jack3d PWO and my face gets all itchy and it really helps me with focus (I swore by Jack3d for a long time because it works for me). This morning at 0545, I took one pill of the PX instead of Jack3d. About 20 minutes later I began to feel the effects, but they didn't come on strong, like Arson did. I got the cold, clammy hands but it wasn't accompanied by jitters. Traffic was annoying on the way to the gym, moreso probably because of the stim.
In the gym, I had the same amount of energy, if not more, than I would have had on my normal PWO. The energy was sustained, even through my HIIT sessions between muscle groups. Focus was there as well, as I expected it to be. SO.GODDAMN.THIRSTY.
I will take my second pill for the day in about an hour.
Also, I woke up STARVING this morning at 5. Normally I'll pound a shake prior to my commute to the gym. This morning I decided to skip that and see if the PX would curb the hunger once it kicked in. It was relatively successful and the cravings began to go away. I'm going to force some sustinence down, I know I need it. I like this stuff so far.

That is all for now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
FIRST!!! So did you go with the German Volume Training?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah sounds like a good first experience to me. I can't wait to hit up 2 of these pre workout with my MAX PUMP Beta sample.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in thanks for the accolades..

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FIRST!!! So did you go with the German Volume Training?
Thanks for joining. I didn't start GVT yet, but it's in the works. I'm still "conditioning" and don't think I'm ready for GVT quite yet. I'm doing a superset format with HIIT in between muscle groups right now (similar to the "showtime workout" but with my own little tweaks). I think in about two weeks, when I'm finished with my thirty days on my current plan, I'll move on to GVT. On paper, it looks HARD.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took cap 2 at 1130.
Only recommendation so far would be to put this stuff in gel caps that are flavored or something. I put it on my tongue just prior to reaching the water fountain and it tasted like a bag of ass. I'll be much more careful next time and ensure that I already have water in my mouth before taking.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Took cap 2 at 1130.
Only recommendation so far would be to put this stuff in gel caps that are flavored or something. I put it on my tongue just prior to reaching the water fountain and it tasted like a bag of ass. I'll be much more careful next time and ensure that I already have water in my mouth before taking.
Do not try it uncapped...I did...UGH!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, so I have some spare time to post what my gym session looked like this morning.

11 min treadmill HIIT (1:30on/:45off)
11mph/2.5mph, 11.5/2.5, 11.5/2.5, 11.7/2.5, 12

4 sets 1min rest between sets
Seated DB presses 8reps
SS w/standing DB alt. front raises 12reps
4 sets 1min rest between sets
Upright DB rows 12reps
SS w/standing lateral raises 8reps

HIIT (1/:30)
10/2.5, 10/2.5,10.5/2.5,11/2.5,11/2.5

Shrugs x10
SS w/machine crunches
SS w/knee raises w/12.5lb weight between feet
No rest between sets x3 sets

Up/down/lateral chops x12reps each side

10mph sustained on treadmill for 1.5 miles.

Shower and talk to old guys.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I am in the last leg of an 8 week gvt routine. It IS hard, but awesome. My all time fave for changing physique! That plus PX black will have you cut and hard as nails.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am in the last leg of an 8 week gvt routine. It IS hard, but awesome. My all time fave for changing physique! That plus PX black will have you cut and hard as nails.
Thanks homie. Kleen recommended it when I asked him for some training advice. I'm going to move on to it soon. Can't lie and say I'm not a little scared. Haha. Maybe I'll start on Monday. 8 weeks though? From what I read, it's supposed to be 6 weeks max. You're a beast.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Thanks homie. Kleen recommended it when I asked him for some training advice. I'm going to move on to it soon. Can't lie and say I'm not a little scared. Haha. Maybe I'll start on Monday. 8 weeks though? From what I read, it's supposed to be 6 weeks max. You're a beast.
Make sure you don't have anything too physically demanding to do after your first leg day for a couple days lol. Stairs, bending over, and running are like 'ouch, oooh, ouch, ggrrr, ooo, lol

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, seems like 100 reps of anything on leg day is asking for trouble. Did you go with 40-60% of your 1RMs? If so, did you lean closer to 40%or 60%?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, seems like 100 reps of anything on leg day is asking for trouble. Did you go with 40-60% of your 1RMs? If so, did you lean closer to 40%or 60%?
I have never really tried for 1RMs on anything. For the beginning phase of GVT I just base the starting weight with I would hit failure at close to 20 reps. Make sure you keep the in-between set time at no more than 90 seconds, and 60 seconds for the secondary exercises. This is critical for the success of the program.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have never really tried for 1RMs on anything. For the beginning phase of GVT I just base the starting weight with I would hit failure at close to 20 reps. Make sure you keep the in-between set time at no more than 90 seconds, and 60 seconds for the secondary exercises. This is critical for the success of the program.
Good info. I don't know my 1RMs either. I knew them two years ago, but those would be really lofty numbers for the "me" of today. I have a pretty good idea of where I'd fail at twenty reps so I'll start there.
I read up on it, and I don't rest longer than 60 seconds on my current plan so that should be easy to follow. What I did read though is on the bigger lifts, like squats, it may be necessary to rest a bit longer than the 90 seconds, if it means not working to failure.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Good info. I don't know my 1RMs either. I knew them two years ago, but those would be really lofty numbers for the "me" of today. I have a pretty good idea of where I'd fail at twenty reps so I'll start there.
I read up on it, and I don't rest longer than 60 seconds on my current plan so that should be easy to follow. What I did read though is on the bigger lifts, like squats, it may be necessary to rest a bit longer than the 90 seconds, if it means not working to failure.
I think you are right, Poliquin says 120 seconds for some of the supersets and such. I shoot for 90 seconds and sometimes you will not want to. It is truly tough the first week or two. After that, you know what you're in for and the process becomes slightly easier. The conditioning aspect of this program alone is amazing. After following the GVT program for 4 weeks or more, evreything else seems like kids play lol.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think you are right, Poliquin says 120 seconds for some of the supersets and such. I shoot for 90 seconds and sometimes you will not want to. It is truly tough the first week or two. After that, you know what you're in for and the process becomes slightly easier. The conditioning aspect of this program alone is amazing. After following the GVT program for 4 weeks or more, evreything else seems like kids play lol.
Do you have a link to which variation of GVT you decided to use? I was reading through stuff the night before last and seemed to run across a bunch of different takes/variations of it. Sounds like what you used was pretty solid.
What overall results did you see from the program (composition and strength wise)?
Like I told Kleen, I'm shooting for enduring strength rather than dynamic strength and from what I've seen, GVT seems to be the ticket so he pointed me in the right direction. I don't care to be able to bench a house, but I want to be able to push one down the road for miles, if you catch my drift.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Do you have a link to which variation of GVT you decided to use? I was reading through stuff the night before last and seemed to run across a bunch of different takes/variations of it. Sounds like what you used was pretty solid.
What overall results did you see from the program (composition and strength wise)?
Like I told Kleen, I'm shooting for enduring strength rather than dynamic strength and from what I've seen, GVT seems to be the ticket so he pointed me in the right direction. I don't care to be able to bench a house, but I want to be able to push one down the road for miles, if you catch my drift.
GVT is perfect for what you want. I basically follow Poliquin's outline. http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/441/German_Volume_Training.aspx

and for a slightly modified gvt routine
http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/261/A_Look_Back_and_Ahead_at_German_Volume_Training.aspx

I added muscle and lost fat. Almost no cardio as the program is so intense you need to pile on the calories just to recover. My diet looked like a bulking diet but I was losing bf. Strength continued to climb throughout. I gained about 5 lbs and looked fantastic even though I have been in a natural low hormonal environment for months (due to hpta recovery) I added 10-20 lbs for almost every lift on an almost bi-weekly basis. I did have some good and bad days of course. Had to vary some exercises such as doing cable pulldowns instead of pullups due to not being able to get close enough to 10 sets of ten on chins. After 4 weeks or so of the beginner routine, I took a few days off and started the intermediate routine. Strength builds incredibly well with this program if followed correctly, and the physique just follows.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LiL late, but in like Flynn!!!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Second pill today didn't do much to get rid of the hunger, but that just may be because, well, I don't know. It's late right now and I normally would have been sleeping two hours ago, but there's a puking four year old in the house. So sleep will be short tonight. Maybe I'll need two PX Black upon waking.

image-2598993741.jpg

I don't think this thing is very accurate as far as exercise goes. I think I am not going to input exercise anymore. It gave me around a 1k calorie credit. Anyway, I ate less than I would normally eat.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's not accurate at all in it's figuring percentages 173 grams of protein is less than 40% of 2000 cals. Yah it's about 35%...

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
Second pill today didn't do much to get rid of the hunger, but that just may be because, well, I don't know.
maybe your like me, when I take an "appetite suppressant" after already having eaten they don't work the best. Though some days my hunger is ridiculous, especially being a former fat kid :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah 2 at once is the ticket then the 3rd one later in the day is perfect. With that dose you should be good to go and yeah take it on an empty stomach at least your fist dose.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah 2 at once is the ticket then the 3rd one later in the day is perfect. With that dose you should be good to go and yeah take it on an empty stomach at least your fist dose.
Stay tuned for my impression tomorrow, I have been taking the old version so am primed for a comparison...

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
maybe your like me, when I take an "appetite suppressant" after already having eaten they don't work the best. Though some days my hunger is ridiculous, especially being a former fat kid :)
Maybe so. I'm not sure. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. My metabolism right now is in overdrive too. It wasn't too long ago that I went back to eating five-seven small meals a day instead of lunch, dinner and dessert, so I'm sure that has a huge effect on the level of suppression the PX Black will provide.
What it definitely does is provide an even level of energy though. It doesn't really spike, and I like that a lot.
Another thing....no CRASH. I was pleasantly surprised about that.
The pills still taste like ass though. I'm starting to wonder if I have a busted capsule at the bottom of the bottle and the powder has been dusting the rest of the caps. Will inspect later.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's not accurate at all in it's figuring percentages 173 grams of protein is less than 40% of 2000 cals. Yah it's about 35%...
I'm not sure what that chart is trying to portray. I wonder if it's what the app is recommending for my daily intake?
Either way, I'm trying to keep carbs low (around 100 grams) and fats at half of that.
I use the app really just to track cals and macros instead of trying to write it all down. The raw numbers are really what I'm trying to keep a good hold on.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure what that chart is trying to portray. I wonder if it's what the app is recommending for my daily intake?
Either way, I'm trying to keep carbs low (around 100 grams) and fats at half of that.
I use the app really just to track cals and macros instead of trying to write it all down. The raw numbers are really what I'm trying to keep a good hold on.
That might be it as the numbers are way off... that's the macros for a 1500 calorie intake give or take...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Breaking a sweat doing dishes. WTF?
I have this tried and true method for doing dishes .. I just soak them and when I return they are all washed and in the cupboard. It's like magic...

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have this tried and true method for doing dishes .. I just soak them and when I return they are all washed and in the cupboard. It's like magic...
I would have even broken a sweat using your method. I think it has to do with the thermogenic properties of this one supp I'm taking.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
The pills still taste like ass though. I'm starting to wonder if I have a busted capsule at the bottom of the bottle and the powder has been dusting the rest of the caps. Will inspect later.
Gotta be a broken pill, mine taste like plain capules.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, so I decided to take two pills this morning as my initial dose. Went to the "gym" here in the hotel and ran on the treadmill for a bit. Had to sit through training for 5 1/2 hours. Took one pill at 1130 or something. Couldn't keep my legs still at all today.
I really like that I don't get the jitters at all.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Sounds awesome. This would be so nice to have right now when skiing all day!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Sounds awesome. This would be so nice to have right now when skiing all day!
:(

silver lining: yours will be waiting there for you when you get back home
turn that frown upside down!

:)

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
:(

silver lining: yours will be waiting there for you when you get back home
turn that frown upside down!

:)
Lol no worries. USPS sent the package halfway across the country then back lol. Should have been a 1-2 day trip.