"Shredded by Summer" iparatroop's PX Black log.

Page 5 of 11 First ... 34567 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    a lot of people would still like to be where I am.
    this guys modesty is extraordinary


  2. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    this guys modesty is extraordinary
    Although possibly lacking modesty, it does not lack truth.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post

    I hear ya bro, when I started about a year and a half ago I was fat, nasty and out of shape. I will def get some before and afters up once I'm done with my up coming ( 1st) cycle.

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    I look forward to seeing those. Seeing results from those who put in hard work is nice. No homo.

  4. Just want to throw this out there for those of you who aren't familiar; GVT is no punk. I had to wait til this afternoon to get my workout on due to a sick kid at the house. I took my normal two PXB this morning, but I added one this afternoon to help me through GVT. It paid off. PXB+GVT=win even if I do feel like puking.

  5. Im doing a modified GVT right now, 5 sets of 10 5 workouts per... Ie chest and back is 10 working sets, 5 of chest and 5 of back. I also swap out supersets too, sometimes bench and deads others incline and bent rows. Also shrugs and hammer curls, dumbbell shoulder press and dumbbell curls.

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post
    Im doing a modified GVT right now, 5 sets of 10 5 workouts per... Ie chest and back is 10 working sets, 5 of chest and 5 of back. I also swap out supersets too, sometimes bench and deads others incline and bent rows. Also shrugs and hammer curls, dumbbell shoulder press and dumbbell curls.

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Nice. Right now I'm following poliquin's program to the T. It makes me want to yack by the time I'm done. Good times.
  7. Re: "Shredded by Summer" iparatroop's PX Black log.


    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    this guys modesty is extraordinary
    Hahahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post
    Im doing a modified GVT right now, 5 sets of 10 5 workouts per... Ie chest and back is 10 working sets, 5 of chest and 5 of back. I also swap out supersets too, sometimes bench and deads others incline and bent rows. Also shrugs and hammer curls, dumbbell shoulder press and dumbbell curls.

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    That just sounds rough!!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  8. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post

    Hahahaha

    That just sounds rough!!
    Yeah, his program sounds a little more advanced than mine. Since I'm a fatass right now, I'll stick with the run-of-the-mill GVT.

  9. Yah don't have much faith in Poloquin training for bodybuilders, he is from my home town and he trains pro athletes yah but his training does not convert well to what we do. Not in my opinion ... wouldn't work for me anyway.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  10. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah don't have much faith in Poloquin training for bodybuilders, he is from my home town and he trains pro athletes yah but his training does not convert well to what we do. Not in my opinion ... wouldn't work for me anyway.
    What!? Wow I put on more muscle and recomp with gvt than any other program. Moreso than DC and fst-7 by far. Love it.

  11. many different programs/protocols can stimulate growth, if performed correctly
    options are endless..
    poliquin is an interesting cat, but his ideas on certain things can be considered, uhh, far-reaching
    (his 30g fish oil daily for testosterone boost comes to mind lol)..
    the guy has made a signature somewhat out of training anabolically enhanced athletes, and crediting his "natural approaches" for their growth & progress..i like him, is interesting source, but again all things must remain in perspective, is all

  12. Here's what it boils down to for me. I PM'ed Kleen when Snags put me on the list and I asked him for a routine that, without sounding too cliche, would help me get bigger, stronger and faster. Being that I can sustain a 6-630 mile for quite some time, I needed more the bigger and stronger part. The catch was that I was (and still am) on a quest to find, in my own words, an "enduring" strength rather than a "dynamic" strength. The best way I can describe what that means is, I don't need to be able to bench a house, but I'd like to be able to push it down the street indefinitely.
    Kleen rec'd GVT and Mattikus told me about P'quin and the outline looked decent. Granted, it's a take on an old routine, blah, blah, but I think it's a good foundation for my needs. I think volume is where it's at for me right now. If I don't gain ten pounds or look like Arnold at the end, that's fine. At this point in my career, being a bodybuilder isn't necessarily feasible anyway. I'll save that til I retire. I'm shooting for a Gronkowski-ish physique. It's a long way away, but it's a goal...

  13. certainly, mr. troop
    all understood, and hi-volume has been the successful tactic of many a men

    with your goals in mind:
    our new product would seem to be right up your alley..check it out

    http://www.****************/product/r...-capsules.html

  14. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    certainly, mr. troop
    all understood, and hi-volume has been the successful tactic of many a men

    with your goals in mind:
    our new product would seem to be right up your alley..check it out

    http://www.****************/product/r...-capsules.html
    Yessir, I've been following AB and Kleen and they're talking about 1" pumps as a result. Pretty insane. Of course, the better half of my relationship has the authority on my spending, so I'll have to sneak in a purchase without her knowing...

  15. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    many different programs/protocols can stimulate growth, if performed correctly
    options are endless..
    poliquin is an interesting cat, but his ideas on certain things can be considered, uhh, far-reaching
    (his 30g fish oil daily for testosterone boost comes to mind lol)..
    the guy has made a signature somewhat out of training anabolically enhanced athletes, and crediting his "natural approaches" for their growth & progress..i like him, is interesting source, but again all things must remain in perspective, is all
    Yah never had much respect for him and his ideas.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  16. Well Poliquin is interesting the GVT did not come from him he adopted it and brought it to the US. German Volume Training has been something the Germans have done for years and with great success. Doug if you have never done GVT I would not be quick to put it by the wayside without trying regardless of if the Poliquin name was attached to it. When it comes to high volume workouts I have NEVER responded to anything better than GVT, and it is amazing for also leaning up plus what it does for joint and tendon preservation is amazing.

    I think a lot of Poliquins stuff is off the cuff like Snags mentioned with the 30g fish oil or some of his other creations but when it comes to growing muscle while leaning up and increasing work capacity you will be HARD PRESSED to find a program that matches it. If I had more time available to me in the gym I would do a run of this right now.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  17. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well Poliquin is interesting the GVT did not come from him he adopted it and brought it to the US. German Volume Training has been something the Germans have done for years and with great success. Doug if you have never done GVT I would not be quick to put it by the wayside without trying regardless of if the Poliquin name was attached to it. When it comes to high volume workouts I have NEVER responded to anything better than GVT, and it is amazing for also leaning up plus what it does for joint and tendon preservation is amazing.

    I think a lot of Poliquins stuff is off the cuff like Snags mentioned with the 30g fish oil or some of his other creations but when it comes to growing muscle while leaning up and increasing work capacity you will be HARD PRESSED to find a program that matches it. If I had more time available to me in the gym I would do a run of this right now.
    I never repsond well to any kind of high volume training. I have done a lot of things like it. I think high volume training like that can be a big mistake for some people anyways. I respond well to shorter more intense trainng. I have even gone less volume lately with a lot more success. Now some of this is due to age, as you get older I think you will agree, You have to make every little thing count the older you get. Getting rid of extra volume is a real key to growth for older people. It will likely happen to all of us. Economy of volume is important so that intensity can be maintained. If I did not make this adjustment I would not have been successful. It won't work for some of the older people I train. It may work for people 40 and under better. I used to work more volume in my 30's but I am progressing just as well in my 50's with pretty low volume. I stall when volume is increased, but I simply can't handle it as my joints will just give out so I am rarely able to complete what I set out to do. I just think you may change your mind once age some more. Maybe not I don't know every fuggin thing... I do believe strongly in volume economy though.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  18. It is maybe more intriging when you guys cut it down to 5 sets of 10 though provided it is only 2 to 3 exercises on a 3 day split. That may be ok for even me as I just finished somethng very similar. Mind you 4 weeks and my joints were fuggin completely finished. 4 weeks is all I could handle but I do think it was a good idea in the situation I was in as it allowed be to increase power while I was in an anabolic state allowing me ot use more weight when I went back to full body training.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  19. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I never repsond well to any kind of high volume training. I have done a lot of things like it. I think high volume training like that can be a big mistake for some people anyways. I respond well to shorter more intense trainng. I have even gone less volume lately with a lot more success. Now some of this is due to age, as you get older I think you will agree, You have to make every little thing count the older you get. Getting rid of extra volume is a real key to growth for older people. It will likely happen to all of us. Economy of volume is important so that intensity can be maintained. If I did not make this adjustment I would not have been successful. It won't work for some of the older people I train. It may work for people 40 and under better. I used to work more volume in my 30's but I am progressing just as well in my 50's with pretty low volume. I stall when volume is increased, but I simply can't handle it as my joints will just give out so I am rarely able to complete what I set out to do. I just think you may change your mind once age some more. Maybe not I don't know every fuggin thing... I do believe strongly in volume economy though.
    Under normal volume training principles I agree with you completely however not with how GVT is laid out. The only thing that makes GVT intense is the cumulative fatigue of the muscle, not the intensity IE weight... YOu never end up going heavy with GVT so it is not as taxing on the joints or tendons. To increase the volume as this program does you MUST drop intensity down around the 60% range. IE do 10 reps per set with a weight you can do for 20. Certainly when you try to keep intensity vie weight up while addin volume you are going to run into massive issues with your joints and tendons and of course while you are getting older that increases but this is laid out a different way and you can't really even go up in weight on it until you can complete all 10 sets of 10 reps. Many people don't get to that point in 1 cycle of GVT if so they may go up like 5 lbs 10 on a major lift.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  20. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    It is maybe more intriging when you guys cut it down to 5 sets of 10 though provided it is only 2 to 3 exercises on a 3 day split. That may be ok for even me as I just finished somethng very similar. Mind you 4 weeks and my joints were fuggin completely finished. 4 weeks is all I could handle but I do think it was a good idea in the situation I was in as it allowed be to increase power while I was in an anabolic state allowing me ot use more weight when I went back to full body training.
    5 sets of 10 with 3 exercise is 15 sets, that is more than what is involved in GVT, it is 10 sets of 10 on ONE exercise per body part at 60% of your 1RM. You can add in 3 sets of an ancillary exercise but the premise is the 10 sets of 10 at 60% of your 1 rep max. Typically 2 body parts done per workout and in a staggered superset fashion.

    It is cool for you to have done it and not like it but until it has been done trust me it is an entirely different animal than you think. Sets 1-5 typically not hard at all, 6-7 you tend to fail to get 10 reps 8-9 sometimes you will get back up to 10 or increase reps then 10 you probably aint gonna get 10 if you do you go up.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  21. So far, all I have to add is that the recommendation is that the weight be between 40-60% 1RM. My sorry ass is gearing more toward the 40% range. Haha.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    5 sets of 10 with 3 exercise is 15 sets, that is more than what is involved in GVT, it is 10 sets of 10 on ONE exercise per body part at 60% of your 1RM. You can add in 3 sets of an ancillary exercise but the premise is the 10 sets of 10 at 60% of your 1 rep max. Typically 2 body parts done per workout and in a staggered superset fashion.

    It is cool for you to have done it and not like it but until it has been done trust me it is an entirely different animal than you think. Sets 1-5 typically not hard at all, 6-7 you tend to fail to get 10 reps 8-9 sometimes you will get back up to 10 or increase reps then 10 you probably aint gonna get 10 if you do you go up.
    so you are doing 20 total sets if you are doing 2 body parts 60% maybe it's not as bad is some of the ones I use to do when I think about it. I would still rather less sets. When I do 3 execises that would be like an arm and shoulder day. Anything else would be 2 exercises. I used to to this for a 2 day split and do 3 or 4 exercises but I think I would be dead if I did that now.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  23. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    So far, all I have to add is that the recommendation is that the weight be between 40-60% 1RM. My sorry ass is gearing more toward the 40% range. Haha.
    Yah I would start at 40% and try to be progressive.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  24. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post

    so you are doing 20 total sets if you are doing 2 body parts 60% maybe it's not as bad is some of the ones I use to do when I think about it. I would still rather less sets. When I do 3 execises that would be like an arm and shoulder day. Anything else would be 2 exercises. I used to to this for a 2 day split and do 3 or 4 exercises but I think I would be dead if I did that now.
    I did 26 sets yesterday (chest and back)
    10x10 decline DBs palms facing each other
    10x10 pulldowns palms facing me (supposed to be chin-ups but I'm not at a point where I can do 100 chins)
    3x12 incline flyes
    3x12 1 arm DB bent-over rows
    In and out of the gym in less than 45 minutes and I'm sore as hell today.
    It's quick and feels efficient. I like it so far. We'll see what a few weeks of it does for me.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    so you are doing 20 total sets if you are doing 2 body parts 60% maybe it's not as bad is some of the ones I use to do when I think about it. I would still rather less sets. When I do 3 execises that would be like an arm and shoulder day. Anything else would be 2 exercises. I used to to this for a 2 day split and do 3 or 4 exercises but I think I would be dead if I did that now.
    Yeah it is about as much volume as you do on the HST if you consider your warm ups as sets since the weight is so light with GVT there is no warm up set the weights just feel heaver with every set. It is interesting for certain. Definitely not for the person who does not want to work hard though. It will put you through the paces.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. EPIC Mis-Quote promo by LG
    By lukehayd in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 351
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 05:05 PM
  2. USP labs and PES helps LTL get shredded for summer!
    By LiveToLift in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 286
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 04:54 PM
  3. Trying to gain 25lbs by summer
    By jeffbaxley in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 06:12 PM
  4. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Log in
Log in