Snag continues his off-season REDEFINing

Page 29 of 39 First ... 2728293031 ... Last

1. a dusting don't count as snow, dan..
    but the roads were slicker than dogsnot out there this morning..they cancelled schools!
    i was just getting used to the near-60 degree level in my house too, back down to 56 now
    i'll be moving just in time for the warm weather, dint time this very well lol

2. We have 25 centimers or somethng coming very soon....fug!!!
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    We have 25 centimers or somethng coming very soon....fug!!!
    holy shyte!
    doesn't sound like a lot, but that's damn near 10"

keep it up there with you, buddy

4. so i am having computer issues now [sigh]
    cannot upload pics currently, sux
    oh well..will have to tell you about it
    loved that turkey ham & pineapple so much, had it again today as part of a meal, check it out

4oz turkey ham + 2 slices pineapple
    5oz albacore tuna + handful veggies (broccoli and carrots)
    25g isolate (vanilla) + 1 TBS almond butter
    ~550cals total

off day from training today

5. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    holy shyte!
    doesn't sound like a lot, but that's damn near 10"

keep it up there with you, buddy

Pretty sure it came from your direction ....
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Pretty sure it came from your direction ....
    i didn't cut that one loose man, huh-uh wasn't me

(i think it was rush)

7. hey snag off the subject but what is up with 550 and epi being discontinued?

8. Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    hey snag off the subject but what is up with 550 and epi being discontinued?
    Finaflex is moving in a different direction
    our goal now is to be a premium sports supplement product line, without any hormonals
    i think the owners see the long-term writing on the wall, in regards to dshea compliancy

9. cool man just wondered waht was up. thanks how ya been doing?

10. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    Finaflex is moving in a different direction
    our goal now is to be a premium sports supplement product line, without any hormonals
    i think the owners see the long-term writing on the wall, in regards to dshea compliancy
    I thought they where being replaced with new formulas. Guess I'd better stock up even more than I was planning.
    WWW.ANDRO FACTORY.COM
    Use NADDANME for a 15% discount or PM me for current discounts

11. Quote Originally Posted by NADDANME View Post
    I thought they where being replaced with new formulas. Guess I'd better stock up even more than I was planning.
    ahhh, yes! good catch
    Epi-V will indeed be reformulated and carry on the name, but it will be without any dhea analog..still to be great product!
    550XD however...... [TAPS plays in the background]

12. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ahhh, yes! good catch Epi-V will indeed be reformulated and carry on the name, but it will be without any dhea analog..still to be great product!550XD however...... [TAPS plays in the background]
    Ok that makes sense still going to stock up but will be interesting to see what the new Epi-v will be based on.
    WWW.ANDRO FACTORY.COM
    Use NADDANME for a 15% discount or PM me for current discounts

13. Quote Originally Posted by NADDANME View Post
    Ok that makes sense still going to stock up but will be interesting to see what the new Epi-v will be based on.
    stocking up is sound idea - half my cupboard is full of these discontinued formulations

computer issues still wreaking havoc with me, looks like ima need some professional attention
    sux too, cuz i look, well, different this morning and am still unable to post pics..veins are notable (i'm not a veiny guy), skin is showing those beginning signs of shrink-wrapped-ness, musculature is not diminished (increased actually i would say), and weight holding ~198 upon rising
    feeling good!

14. Wow so from way back where you asked why I was keeping fats low. Just trying something new to see how my body responds to it. Or should I say trying something new to me and pretty much a staple to most body builders. I don't know yet that I am sold on this ultra low fat, hi pro moderate carbs. I may adjust it a little more so I am getting in a little more fats. Right now I am making some progress but not getting the normal whoosh of water coming off that you get when you drop carbs.

I may end up reverting to my old guaranteed method of around 100g carbs 300 pro and the rest in fats with 2 refeeds a week. For right now though giving this a couple more weeks to see how it goes. One thing I notice is good energy for lifting due to always having glycogen in the muscle.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
  15. Re: Snag continues his off-season REDEFINing

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Wow so from way back where you asked why I was keeping fats low. Just trying something new to see how my body responds to it. Or should I say trying something new to me and pretty much a staple to most body builders. I don't know yet that I am sold on this ultra low fat, hi pro moderate carbs. I may adjust it a little more so I am getting in a little more fats. Right now I am making some progress but not getting the normal whoosh of water coming off that you get when you drop carbs.

I may end up reverting to my old guaranteed method of around 100g carbs 300 pro and the rest in fats with 2 refeeds a week. For right now though giving this a couple more weeks to see how it goes. One thing I notice is good energy for lifting due to always having glycogen in the muscle.
    I'm right there with you. All these carbs are new to me....although I'm bulking and your cutting lol. I would bulk at 150g MAX before. Scary scary
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

16. montego - bulk at 150g carbs max lol
    you silly

carbs are so misunderstood

kleen - sounds good tho, a lot of it depends on your individual bodytype and metabolism..i think - all things being equal - that yes for favorable muscular retention while dieting, more carbs = better than less
    while it will take a bit longer to lose that fat, generally speaking, than the other diet you propose that has the 2x weekly carb-ups, the overall retention of muscle i feel is superior to taking the "quicker" method
    muscle is a very precious commodity..the quicker you lose weight, the more apt your body is to tap into muscle tissue for some fuel

17. What if you're like me and don't have muscles, and have a surplus of fat?

18. I've been scared of carbs because I was a tubbo back in 09. 300lbs and cut down by toatly cutting carbs out makes you think they are evil

19. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    What if you're like me and don't have muscles, and have a surplus of fat?
    the average american male!

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I've been scared of carbs because I was a tubbo back in 09. 300lbs and cut down by toatly cutting carbs out makes you think they are evil
    i understand man
    i was a carbophobe as well, been there done that..ran a semi-keto lifestyle for almost 4yrs straight, last decade
    while carbs are generally misunderstood, the same can be said that they are absolutely not essential as well..
    caveman diet will do you just fine, in the grand scheme of things

20. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    the average american male!

i understand man
    i was a carbophobe as well, been there done that..ran a semi-keto lifestyle for almost 4yrs straight, last decade
    while carbs are generally misunderstood, the same can be said that they are absolutely not essential as well..
    caveman diet will do you just fine, in the grand scheme of things
    Seems as though many have their sweet spot with carbs, I never liked super low but lowish seems to be better for me. Currently I like the higher carb workout days scenario, with lower non-workout days.

21. Had some fears of CHO before but honestly I do much better with a solid amount. If anything CHO + PRO are most important on cutting for me as I have to keep CHO pretty high or things get iffy.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

22. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Had some fears of CHO before but honestly I do much better with a solid amount. If anything CHO + PRO are most important on cutting for me as I have to keep CHO pretty high or things get iffy.
    yeah i'm not trying to be too finite here, because there are many roads that lead to Rome
    but - the body is an incredibly adaptive organism..i will espouse that, given the proper timeframe to adapt body and the proper approach, carbs are NOT needed to build muscle, nor are they needed to "keep" muscle when cutting bodyfat
    it is just a more common approach, and yes easier, all things being equal

your post brings to mind another thing bolt..i have long scratched my head at the designation CHO for carbohydrates
    yes i realize we are referring to chemical formulation structure of a carb (Carbon Hydrogen Oxygen), but we do not do this with either protein [NH3CHRCOOH] or fats [CH3(CH2)xCOOH] ....

CHO always makes me think of cholesterol

23. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yeah i'm not trying to be too finite here, because there are many roads that lead to Rome
    but - the body is an incredibly adaptive organism..i will espouse that, given the proper timeframe to adapt body and the proper approach, carbs are NOT needed to build muscle, nor are they needed to "keep" muscle when cutting bodyfat
    it is just a more common approach, and yes easier, all things being equal

your post brings to mind another thing bolt..i have long scratched my head at the designation CHO for carbohydrates
    yes i realize we are referring to chemical formulation structure of a carb (Carbon Hydrogen Oxygen), but we do not do this with either protein [NH3CHRCOOH] or fats [CH3(CH2)xCOOH] ....

CHO always makes me think of cholesterol
    I just got lost.

24. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I just got lost.
    that's okay

i'm rambling..
    but my essential point here being: the main function of carbs is energy, pure & simple; not musculature accrual
    the body can utilize other chemicals for fuel, than just carbs
    again, not poo-pooing the idea of carbs here, just playing devil's advocate and clarifying
  25. Re: Snag continues his off-season REDEFINing

Poo poo sir!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Everyone's Off Season Arsenal?
    By grexx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 09:23 PM
  2. Off-Season Pic 195 lbs.
    By frankpt in forum Pics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 05:37 AM
  3. Anybody have Off Season pics of Lee Priest?
    By phasar in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 04:16 PM
  4. on and off season pics
    By ironguru in forum Pics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 12:55 AM