Snag continues his off-season REDEFINing

Page 29 of 33 First ... 2728293031 ... Last

1. Snags chest is huge in a good way lol
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/216136-finaflex-1-andro.htmlCurrent log belowhttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/redefine-nutrition/226014-getting-bigger-leaner.html#post3893348

2. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ground turkey is different - turkey breast has no flavor
    salt & pepper does the trick (is dry tho), but when i eliminate salt is gets reeeaally bland
    Yah that's the part I hate most when things get so bland it takes all the joy out of eating them and it gets hard to even chew...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by PREracing25 View Post
    Snags chest is huge in a good way lol
    lol, but what is a "bad" way?

(unless you're talking about that show i saw the other day, double divas -- O M G that gave me nightmares)

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah that's the part I hate most when things get so bland it takes all the joy out of eating them and it gets hard to even chew...
    yes, all a means to an end tho..
    hell i can do any diet standing on my head, for such a short amount of time

4. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    lol, but what is a "bad" way?

(unless you're talking about that show i saw the other day, double divas -- O M G that gave me nightmares)

yes, all a means to an end tho..
    hell i can do any diet standing on my head, for such a short amount of time
    That's pretty much what I said yesterday, if I am looking at 20 weeks hard dieting, that is hard to face. 8 weeks of progresive hard dieting does not scare me much. After you been in as many fire fights as I have you tend not to fear the flames as much.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

5. To be able to manipulate food that way just shows that i have alot to learn still. I am curious about your chest work though. I am really laggin there, any suggestions.
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post
    To be able to manipulate food that way just shows that i have alot to learn still. I am curious about your chest work though. I am really laggin there, any suggestions.
    is one of my strong points bro, genetically
    generic advice is consistency, and constant change..but even that is not complete, as there is something to be said for running a chest-focused type protocol for 8-12 weeks, with progressive weightload
    typically i cannot stay in thos long of programs, as i don't have the patience and it also go against my belief of constant change..when i was younger however, that type of training did me just fine and was prolly needed

in my current protocol, i have two seperate chest days: a heavy layout on the first chest day of the week, and a higher rep day on the back half - you can utilize this type of set-up as well, even tho our goals are different right now

vary the exercises consistently..utilize both BB and DB..make sure you are doing incline chest work (i lead off most sessions with incline work), as it's the best chest exercise you can do

7. my chest session the other day looked like this:
    BB flat bench (yes - an anomaly, leading off with these lol!)
    135x15
    185x10
    225xmax reps (25)
    295xmax reps (11)
    315xmax reps (5) - was toasted by this time
    225xmax reps (15)
    185xmax reps (15) - was really hurting lol

DB incline bench
    4x12

DB incline flyes
    3x20/18/16

and then i commenced into shoulder work
    (again - i usually seperate shoulder & chest work, but this is what it is right now)

my other day, looks like this:
    DB incline bench 4x20/15/15/12
    DB flat bench 4x20/16/12/8
    DB flat flyes 4x8

and then shoulder work

i also enjoy bodyweight exercises (clapping pushups are cool, explosive) and Perfect Push-Up tool (explosive, and flex hard)..i do cable work as well, but only have single cable so have to work one side at time, not a fan of this for the most part..chest-focused dips are good as well
    i do not use machines, as i don't have any (never been a fan anyway, altho there are a few good ones out there these days, hammer strength is cool)

8. smallest meal of the day today..would you believe this is only 300cals?

5oz chicken breast
    4 egg whites
    2 cups broccoli
    1 slice ezekiel

scary thought here guys: i think i'm getting bigger!
    srs - caloric deficit be damned

9. That looks awesome despite only being 300 cals....
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    That looks awesome despite only being 300 cals....
    lol
    all it takes is the right food pic to get bolt10 back in here

11. I am always creeping but the food makes me comment.

I still love the way you combine protein sources...I honestly think I stole it from you subconsciously after following your logs when I first started posting here and I need to get some grapefruit too.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I am always creeping but the food makes me comment.

I still love the way you combine protein sources...I honestly think I stole it from you subconsciously after following your logs when I first started posting here and I need to get some grapefruit too.
    yeah..mixing up the protein sources, i guess i don't talk about that much, but intellectually it makes me feel like i'm doing something right
    feel like a mad scientist or something, muahuahuaaa
    srs tho - other than truly believing it's worthwhile, i just like variety in my meals
    right now, it just helps me reach the finite macros i'm after
    (egg whites esp are so handy that way, aside from being great protein source!)

13. Keep the body guessing and using different amino acids from different sources. Healthy man. Keep shredding
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

14. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    is one of my strong points bro, genetically
    generic advice is consistency, and constant change..but even that is not complete, as there is something to be said for running a chest-focused type protocol for 8-12 weeks, with progressive weightload
    typically i cannot stay in thos long of programs, as i don't have the patience and it also go against my belief of constant change..when i was younger however, that type of training did me just fine and was prolly needed

in my current protocol, i have two seperate chest days: a heavy layout on the first chest day of the week, and a higher rep day on the back half - you can utilize this type of set-up as well, even tho our goals are different right now

vary the exercises consistently..utilize both BB and DB..make sure you are doing incline chest work (i lead off most sessions with incline work), as it's the best chest exercise you can do
    Well i guess that means im on the right path (well a good one anyways). I have two chest days a week and the 2nd one starts with incline. Weight is increased weekly too along with change in reps. I do need to add in more db's though. Thanks as always snags.
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!

15. Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post
    Well i guess that means im on the right path (well a good one anyways). I have two chest days a week and the 2nd one starts with incline. Weight is increased weekly too along with change in reps. I do need to add in more db's though. Thanks as always snags.
    If you are like me and have long arms db's are good.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

16. fuggin Hoosiers

that is all

17. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    fuggin Hoosiers

that is all
    I caught most of the 2nd half after work...horrible
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

18. first half was just as bad
    what is so damn hard about handling a zone?
    wow

19. My Cats went down on a 3 in the last seconds! Some big upsets as usual.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

20. I like the high rep low rep scheme too, I have really good progress with it. It really helps keep my joints and tendons happy as well and when dealing with my chronic inflammation in my elbows that is important to say the least.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

21. sneakiest of sneak peeks of my back..8 days from finish

22. Bery Bery Sneaky!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

23. Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

24. just for fun here, a breakdown of my macro trail so far..three meals to go

(p/c/f)
    475, 50/50/8
    100, 0/25/0 (cell shock postWO, lil splurge this day + i needed a bit extra recovery anyway)
    390, 55/32/4.5
    335, 50/27/4

macros for day will be
    2450cals, 285/250/35

refresher: again i do not count any veggies/salad towards my cal count, nor bcaa intake
    i am running BCAA+SAA, 2 scoops preWO, 2 scoops intra (finish by 1/2 way thru), 2 scoops postWO
    also, take 2 scoops at bedtime
    moving to 8 caps each of the 550/EpiV for final week

25. the back half of today's meals

p/c/f
    400, 45/43/5 (sweet potato + rice cake carbs)
    430, 40/50/8 (brown rice carbs)
    305, 45/23/3.5 (shake + rice cake carbs)

not bad, actually undercut my fat goal by ~2g today

bolt10 will be happy to know that the Giant protein has started to grow on me a lil bit

26. some food pics from today
    i was able to sneak some 96% lean beef in for a small splurge, and still keep my fats in allotted range
    is DEF last day for this tho..no more deli meats soon either..even tuna will go away in a minute
    steady diet of ground chicken and turkey breast
    also - man haven't had french style green beans in forever..yum!

3oz 96% lean beef
    2oz turkey breast deli meat
    5 egg whites
    1 slice rye bread
    300, 50/14/5
    (was hungry, couldn't wait for pic, had to take bite of burger)

5oz 96% lean beef
    4 egg whites
    6oz sweet potato
    1 rice cake
    1c beans
    415cals, 50/43/5

27. sneaking right along..everything going just fine
    drying & slimming while holding weight - cannot beat it!
    and this is upon rising guys, no pump

28. And how many days left?

29. Put the gun down sir!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/216136-finaflex-1-andro.htmlCurrent log belowhttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/redefine-nutrition/226014-getting-bigger-leaner.html#post3893348

30. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    And how many days left?
    next saturday..full bod pics galore
    i should mention: this week is where i seperate myself, from a full-blown prep workout week
    still trying to make some gains here, so there will be no depletion training or crazy maneuvering
    (in fact, i'll be training right up thru saturday morning, before taking some time off)
    simply some dietary adjustments, and i may do slight water elimination with the high carbs as well as eliminating salt..that's about the extent of things as planned

Quote Originally Posted by PREracing25 View Post
    Put the gun down sir!
    BANG!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Everyone's Off Season Arsenal?
    By grexx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 09:23 PM
  2. Off-Season Pic 195 lbs.
    By frankpt in forum Pics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 05:37 AM
  3. Anybody have Off Season pics of Lee Priest?
    By phasar in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 04:16 PM
  4. on and off season pics
    By ironguru in forum Pics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 12:55 AM