Snag continues his off-season REDEFINing

Page 2 of 33 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by g0hardorgohom View Post
    Just for curiosity, what kind of weights you move, Snags? I know that bb'ing and powerlifting are two very different sports but I bet muscles that huge got some strength too!
    i'm a lil different on that aspect. #s for me are very personal, as i am not a PLer or crazy strong dude..i don't lift for raw strength gains, rather functional strength and appearance.
    i have trained with guys in the past who squat 700lbs..bench 550..DL 650 etc.
    i am not there, and have absolutely no desire to be there.
    and, i rather measure strength by continuous strength (longevity & duration with even strength), rather than 1RM and fading out..
    for the record - i squat/bench/DL in the mid-3s for reps.

2. I definitley agree, especially now that I am older and won't see my heavy lifts come back to where they were due to various injuries. I use progresion and strict form with shorter rest periods. Works just as well as heavy load, I make sure I work hard though.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Even though I understand the urge to be a gentleman, I have to disagree on the not to offend the ladies because honestly it is offensive to me to see a woman in a ridiculously low cut stretchy shirt with multiple rolls and back breasts... Even worse in shorter shirts with a roll hanging out the bottom. Honey that shirt was not meant for you. As Joan Rivers said "Just because you can get it on does not mean it fits." I don't have anything against larger or heavy women. I know some that are just downright sexy. However they dress to compliment themselves not accentuate the flaws. Respect yourself, love yourself and dress yourself appropriately. You can be sexy without wearing shrink wrap for clothing. Okay sorry end of rant.
    ^^^ So perfectly put ^^^
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

4. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    i'm a lil different on that aspect. #s for me are very personal, as i am not a PLer or crazy strong dude..i don't lift for raw strength gains, rather functional strength and appearance.
    i have trained with guys in the past who squat 700lbs..bench 550..DL 650 etc.
    i am not there, and have absolutely no desire to be there.
    and, i rather measure strength by continuous strength (longevity & duration with even strength), rather than 1RM and fading out..
    for the record - i squat/bench/DL in the mid-3s for reps.
    ^^^ Snags, we are completely on the same page here, what I lift and what I can lift are two different things, I'm always going for lighter weight/higher reps for richer, cleaner, more dense and striated muscle, that which cannot be achieved with the power-lifting style of lifting. Not to mention the less chance of injury and strain on the joints, ligaments and tendons, allowing for more longevity, etc.

* Just an open FYI for others, I'm not against lifting heavy or power-lifting, just is not my thing nor does it yield the results I'm looking for, this is all my opinion and personal preference... different strokes for different folks!
    www.finaflex.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Not to mention the less chance of injury and strain on the joints, ligaments and tendons, allowing for more longevity, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    what I lift and what I can lift are two different things.
    boom.
    you nailed it.
    •   

6. The thrill of lifting something that can hurt you has been gone for some time with me. I miss it but now I just lift for aesthetics.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

7. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    The thrill of lifting something that can hurt you has been gone for some time with me.
    classic.

8. Glad to see the man with the food pics is back. Subbed.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

9. I can't fight the urge and not lift heavy things right now. I just can't but I am trying to be smart about it. Not going to kill myself or I hope not. I am smart enough in my training to back off quickly when things are not going as they should.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

10. Will be today @ 3:30PM Central Standard Time!!!!
    Prize will be FINAFLEX IGNITE 2 Berry Blast!!!!

Current Training Log -

11. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    The thrill of lifting something that can hurt you has been gone for some time with me. I miss it but now I just lift for aesthetics.
    Yep too fuggin old for that shyte....

12. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yep too fuggin old for that shyte....

Damn bros (or should I say grandpas), it's depressing to read posts like this! I never want to get old!
    Life is nothing but big macs and hoes.

13. Quote Originally Posted by g0hardorgohom View Post
    Damn bros (or should I say grandpas), it's depressing to read posts like this! I never want to get old!

there are some good trade-offs, it's not all bad.

14. better late then never bro
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

15. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

there are some good trade-offs, it's not all bad.
    Yah with age your learn now stupid it really is to go for big lifts, unless of course your a power lifter otherwise is usually a dumb idea. Therre are times when a heavy set of 5 reps will make it's way in no problem there as long as you have been progresive and didn't overtax your joints..

You learn how to get the most bang for your buck by doing the least for the most benefit and still maxing out effort to get optimal results. You get better and better at that. The injuries you get from going to heavy are trying to tell you to get your head out of your azz ...

Oh and I don't ever want to get old either ... so I won't

Be progressive but only take what is given and you will get better results over the long haul.

16. ^^ exactly.
    see, one of the trade-offs is wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    better late then never bro
    welcome.

so today i blew up the pythons, bi/tri ss day, very basic and 12 sets total each muscle group.
    short rest periods made this a very quick workout.
    the pumps i've been getting have been incredibly solid, lasting all day.
    (i'm speaking of all-over-body muscle pumps, not lower back pumps/cramping)

17. My age has definitely affected my capacity for enjoying things but never the enthusiasm!

Sounds like things are getting fired up for you bubba. I'm in an off period right now and hating it.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

18. Sounds like a great workout Snags!

Yeah the wisdom thing is very important, even with my new program I am always going to be lifting about 15% below my maximum for that rep range then just going for a few extra reps on the final work set. That makes it a lot safer than getting buck and going all out every set every time. That design is the only reason I decided to give the 5-3-1 program a shot, built in safety to keep my "Inner Meathead" in check.
    Current Training Log -

19. My Inner-Meat-Head died when I tore my chest, I guess when the surgically re-attached my chest back to my Humerus, they also surgically removed the Meat-Head, who knows! What I do know is I keep all my workouts around 45-60mins, I go as fast as I can, I get like 16 sets per body part and stay in the 15-20 rep-range and I've never looked better, never felt better and NOOOOO joint pain!

www.finaflex.com

20. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    My Inner-Meat-Head died when I tore my chest, I guess when the surgically re-attached my chest back to my Humerus, they also surgically removed the Meat-Head, who knows! What I do know is I keep all my workouts around 45-60mins, I go as fast as I can, I get like 16 sets per body part and stay in the 15-20 rep-range and I've never looked better, never felt better and NOOOOO joint pain!

Yah you can still see a bit of meat it ain't all gone

21. once you develop your inner meathead....
    you cannot stop it; you can only hope to contain it.

22. couple random pics to tide you guys over till my next update..

snag still feelin good..lookin leaner yet still buff..

that last meal, i'm on a roll with..
    jasmine rice over albacore tuna.
    freakin delish.

23. Wow that sure didn't take long to get significantly leaner looking... Hey I'm not seeing mustard, are you on the wagon ?

24. He's skipping the oral use and pinning the mustard now. Lol

25. lol..

you guys know i love mustard.
    just taking a break from it here cuz i wanted to eat meat plain along with bites of potato on that particular feeding.
    (freaking taters been tasting amazing to me lately for some reason..been craving carbs in general)

26. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    lol..

you guys know i love mustard.
    just taking a break from it here cuz i wanted to eat meat plain along with bites of potato on that particular feeding.
    (freaking taters been tasting amazing to me lately for some reason..been craving carbs in general)

I haven't eaten potatoes in quite a while, I am a bit paleo with my eating but wil add starches when dairy has to make an exit....

27. Andro had me craving carbs like a mad man.

28. One thing that seems to be common with advanced bodybuilders is that they can cook meals that look delicious!
    Life is nothing but big macs and hoes.

29. Quote Originally Posted by g0hardorgohom View Post
    One thing that seems to be common with advanced bodybuilders is that they can cook meals that look delicious!
    Snags is a food scientist

30. Hah...Kitchen Chemist
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Everyone's Off Season Arsenal?
    By grexx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 09:23 PM
  2. Off-Season Pic 195 lbs.
    By frankpt in forum Pics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 05:37 AM
  3. Anybody have Off Season pics of Lee Priest?
    By phasar in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 04:16 PM
  4. on and off season pics
    By ironguru in forum Pics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 12:55 AM