Snag continues his off-season REDEFINing

Page 10 of 33 First ... 89101112 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    so i had a discussion with Chris (aka MrKleen) yesterday, regarding dietary intake. he asked me what system i was rolling with now..macros etc..and i realized as i answered him that my log has gone all to hell with lack of direction.

    truth is: i cannot duplicate my diet for anyone, nor dictate any set macros i am using..hell - i cannot even give you a finite caloric level of intake atm!
    the reason? as i quipped to Chris: i have moved to the next evolution in dietary discretion..that is, total intuitiveness of body, and judgement day-to-day from mirror. while that may sound like a step back to some, it is actually light-years ahead of any pre-made protocol out there, as it allows for total control toward my goals, and self-adjustment to attain such.

    certainly, my roots lie in the Beverly International school of thoughts, make no mistake.
    but, i have taken things beyond that, to what works for me. i could care less if it works for someone else, and i am bright enuff to realize i cannot teach this, as it has to be a personal understanding of your own body, and what you are individually capable of.
    best synopsis of what i am doing is: hi-protein all the time, higher fats, with carb rotation..total caloric intake is rotated as well, and not just based daily on overall caloric expenditure (altho that certainly plays a part)..
    it is quite fluid and ever-changing.

    anyway, that said: i have been incredibly busy lately, and will remain so for the foreseeable future..
    my log may not get interesting for awhile, and updates prolly will remain inconsistent.
    but - rest assured guys, there is a plan behind it all, that hasn't changed..all the goals of this off-season are still in play.

    i will update and try to give some info as much as possible, bear with me.
    So you basically make decisions on calorie and carb intake based on appearance? This is what just about every upper level nutritionist with any merit does with their clients. Usually on a weekly basis they adjust clients Carbs or calories based on appearance or body fat levels.

    I try to do this but I have never been very concerned with being extra lean. I have set my goal for the for the future to get to single body fat. First time since I was 23.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    So you basically make decisions on calorie and carb intake based on appearance? This is what just about every upper level nutritionist with any merit does with their clients. Usually on a weekly basis they adjust clients Carbs or calories based on appearance or body fat levels.

    I try to do this but I have never been very concerned with being extra lean. I have set my goal for the for the future to get to single body fat. First time since I was 23.
    mmm appearance is but part of it. body comp of course plays a crucial value in my calculations, as one of my top goals is to stay lean..
    but muscle advancements/accrual and recovery also play a part in the equation, as does just plain how i feel.

    that's a great way to summarize it tho, as you said..when i guide my clients thru diet phases yes i make those adjustments, and of course i have experienced it myself in bb'ing preps and whatnot, making continued adjustments to get shredded, but that is where the similarity ends. i have never guided any client thru a lean-gain phase (myself neither for that matter), quite like i am intuitively doing now..i've always used a guideline based from a "book" so-to-speak. and i never considered myself as a "top-level nutritionist" either - just enjoy helping ppl out on the side, small-time, with some philosophies that i know work.
    now, i'm learning my own tweaks and such.

    i don't mean to make it sound complicated (it's not really), but i am pretty tickled with things i have discovered about myself, during this learning experience over last couple months.

    an old dog learning new tricks..never gets old.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    mmm appearance is but part of it. body comp of course plays a crucial value in my calculations, as one of my top goals is to stay lean..
    but muscle advancements/accrual and recovery also play a part in the equation, as does just plain how i feel.

    that's a great way to summarize it tho, as you said..when i guide my clients thru diet phases yes i make those adjustments, and of course i have experienced it myself in bb'ing preps and whatnot, making continued adjustments to get shredded, but that is where the similarity ends. i have never guided any client thru a lean-gain phase (myself neither for that matter), quite like i am intuitively doing now..i've always used a guideline based from a "book" so-to-speak. and i never considered myself as a "top-level nutritionist" either - just enjoy helping ppl out on the side, small-time, with some philosophies that i know work.
    now, i'm learning my own tweaks and such.

    i don't mean to make it sound complicated (it's not really), but i am pretty tickled with things i have discovered about myself, during this learning experience over last couple months.

    an old dog learning new tricks..never gets old.
    Very interesting indeed, I do follow a pretty set protocol, but will go on the same criteria, looks, recomp, muscle recovery, etc. to decide when I'm going to add in a high carb day, so more of a weekly look rather than a daily look, but similar none-the-less, now with that being said... sit Snags... sit. Good Boy!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Very interesting indeed, I do follow a pretty set protocol, but will go on the same criteria, looks, recomp, muscle recovery, etc. to decide when I'm going to add in a high carb day, so more of a weekly look rather than a daily look, but similar none-the-less, now with that being said... sit Snags... sit. Good Boy!
    exactly man - maybe that's the point i'm trying to get at too:
    it's not based on week-to-week adjustments, rather every single day. no two days are ever the same, in any way shape or form.
    not macros, not carbs, and nots cals..adjustments continuously.

    ruff! ruff!
    :tailwag:

  5. It is definitely working and you luckily reminded me of most of the things I already know and had put by the wayside for a while. I am not at the point you are just yet but I know I have someone to look to on the way if I get lost. Better to have someone to bounce the ideas off of that are working towards the same goals. Now I just need to get lean so I can think of adding some muscle in the process...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   
       


  6. I have a strict regimen but I am quite flexible all the same and it's the strictness that allows flexibility that way I know in advance where I can make adjustments. This can happen on a daily basis. I can eat more, add more activity etc. to alter my daily plan and I calculate on a weekly basis how those changes effect my bottom line.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  7. diffrent strokes, for diffrent folks!
    yeah it really is amazing what you can do, once you become intuitive with your body..i been able to get over 200lbs, while keeping bf below 10% (and falling lower/looking tighter every day), and here lately i've been able to anticipate and keep ahead of the changes that previously would take couple days to see.
    all at the decrepit ripe old age of 41.
    sure - learning some hormonal manipulation doesn't hurt - but it's not like i'm juicing or anything.
    these are fairly light compounds i've used. halfway thru pct right now, and still been able to do what i want to do.
    it's just damn cool.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    It is definitely working and you luckily reminded me of most of the things I already know and had put by the wayside for a while. I am not at the point you are just yet but I know I have someone to look to on the way if I get lost. Better to have someone to bounce the ideas off of that are working towards the same goals. Now I just need to get lean so I can think of adding some muscle in the process...
    was a pleasure to discuss this with you, Chris.
    reminded me of back in the day, and how much alike we think sometimes.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    diffrent strokes, for diffrent folks!
    yeah it really is amazing what you can do, once you become intuitive with your body..i been able to get over 200lbs, while keeping bf below 10% (and falling lower/looking tighter every day), and here lately i've been able to anticipate and keep ahead of the changes that previously would take couple days to see.
    all at the decrepit ripe old age of 41.
    sure - learning some hormonal manipulation doesn't hurt - but it's not like i'm juicing or anything.
    these are fairly light compounds i've used. halfway thru pct right now, and still been able to do what i want to do.
    it's just damn cool.
    Sad when this is appealing!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  10. Yeah, the things to come with this physique of mine should be impressive to say the least!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  11. i accidentally used 2 scoops of Ignite2 this morning..
    been trying 2 scoops of BCAA+SAA and 1 scoop of Ignite2 in preWO shake, and liking it immensely.
    was sidetracked on the phone while i made my concoction today, and switched it around inadvertantly..
    ugh.
    do not try this at home

  12. YIKES 2 scoops would be pretty intense.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  13. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    i accidentally used 2 scoops of Ignite2 this morning..
    been trying 2 scoops of BCAA+SAA and 1 scoop of Ignite2 in preWO shake, and liking it immensely.
    was sidetracked on the phone while i made my concoction today, and switched it around inadvertantly..
    ugh.
    do not try this at home
    lol bet you're still buzzin
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  14. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    lol bet you're still buzzin
    just now leveling out brother.
    not a good time.

  15. dinner tonight (now that i can see straight to cook following my overdose)



    5oz 90% ground sirloin
    5oz 96% lean beef
    7oz sweet potato
    romaine salad w/ fixins
    ~ (oh you are not gonna believe this...) 625 calories
    (again)

    after living off 96% lean beef for the last, oh i dunno weeks, maybe couple months (i had a bunch of it)
    the sirloin was a nice lil change-up indeed.
    almost dint know what to do with myself, taste buds had an orgasm

  16. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    dinner tonight (now that i can see straight to cook following my overdose)



    5oz 90% ground sirloin
    5oz 96% lean beef
    7oz sweet potato
    romaine salad w/ fixins
    ~ (oh you are not gonna believe this...) 625 calories
    (again)

    after living off 96% lean beef for the last, oh i dunno weeks, maybe couple months (i had a bunch of it)
    the sirloin was a nice lil change-up indeed.
    almost dint know what to do with myself, taste buds had an orgasm
    I love my Sirloin
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  17. Rump

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: Olympus Labs Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  18. Im lucky, my freezer is stocked with Wild Boar and Deer Ground meat. And I have another one being processed.

  19. I don't even know where to find 96% lean beef... I guess you get it from a butcher?
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  20. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I don't even know where to find 96% lean beef... I guess you get it from a butcher?
    Walmart has 97/3

  21. HEB man. You are in Texas. The HEB Extra Lean Ground Beef. I can't stand that stuff though.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    HEB man. You are in Texas. The HEB Extra Lean Ground Beef. I can't stand that stuff though.
    I love HEB. If only they branched out to other states so I could still shop there.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I don't even know where to find 96% lean beef... I guess you get it from a butcher?
    sure
    Meijer actually has a great 96/4 too, love the taste

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Walmart has 97/3
    yup, kinda bland tasting tho, not a fan

  24. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    sure
    Meijer actually has a great 96/4 too, love the taste


    yup, kinda bland tasting tho, not a fan

    Yah I can get 95 from my butcher.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  25. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post

    Yah I can get 95 from my butcher.
    Grass fed?

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: Olympus Labs Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  26. Awesome food discussions.

    I use 96/4 in a lot of my chilis, tacos, and sloppy joes.

  27. more food discussion!

    today was a bit different structure for me, food-wise
    let me say first that i have a range of cals i work within, anywhere from 2850 (usually only on off days, not always tho) to 4250.
    the # of feedings usually is from 5-7, but mostly 6x daily
    today, i will have had ~4k cals, from 9 meals -- and that includes a 700cal breakfast (Egg McSnag was a lil heavier, used different bread and sirloin, added ~75 cals to the mix)
    small some feedings were small
    i base/plan my meals on how long i am awake for the day, spacing things pretty evenly thruout..and today been a longgggg day.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Grass fed?

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    good God no it's grain fed ... from cattle country Canada. Alberta beef baby!! There is nothing but grain on the prairies...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  29. I have a butcher I really trust, he shows me what goes into my ground beef ahead of time, we discuss what he is supplying me and he loves me and the business I bring. I am going to give him a contest pic he can hang and say this is what my beef built
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  30. G8
    over 9hrs sleep last night
    never happens
    wow!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Everyone's Off Season Arsenal?
    By grexx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 09:23 PM
  2. Off-Season Pic 195 lbs.
    By frankpt in forum Pics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 05:37 AM
  3. Anybody have Off Season pics of Lee Priest?
    By phasar in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 04:16 PM
  4. on and off season pics
    By ironguru in forum Pics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Log in
Log in