MY 6 wk 1-ALPHA LOG

Page 7 of 14 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. Or at least get big then stay where you are if you feel excess fat coming on. You can just maintain if you notice gaining too much then cut it down. Do and over under approach with you training and rest / cardio days to get more of a recomp effect with an average that comes out to your maintenance cals for the week.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

2. Will be today @ 3:30PM Central Standard Time!!!!
    Prize will be FINAFLEX IGNITE 2 Berry Blast!!!!

Current Training Log -
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Or at least get big then stay where you are if you feel excess fat coming on. You can just maintain if you notice gaining too much then cut it down. Do and over under approach with you training and rest / cardio days to get more of a recomp effect with an average that comes out to your maintenance cals for the week.
    Thanks bro. I'm new to taking PHs in a professional and serious manner. I want this cycle to be the first of many as the years go by and I'm learning more as I go
    Independent Review

4. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Thanks bro. I'm new to taking PHs in a professional and serious manner. I want this cycle to be the first of many as the years go by and I'm learning more as I go
    No ask away that is why we are here. The only way to attempt to lean up in the months after a cycle is to attempt to recomp IE maintenance calories, hard work and strategic calorie placement.
    Current Training Log -

5. So for today, since I'm feeling a little tore up from hitting it too hard lately, I practiced slow tempo and a reduction in the weights I have used previously. The pump I got from this "smarter not harder" routine is amazing! I actually feel like I lifted much more than I did. Focus and intensity was key and thanks to finaflex products this was not a problem, even with 2 hours of sleep last night!

Day 34 chest
    Weight 198
    Rotator cuff warmup- 3 sets
    BB BENCH
    [email protected], [email protected] (0-2-4-0 tempo)
    HAMMER STRENGTH INCLINE
    [email protected] (0-1-4-0 tempo)
    MACHINE FLY
    [email protected] (0-3-3-0 tempo)
    STRAIGHT ARM DB FLY
    [email protected] (0-4-4-0 tempo)
    Independent Review
    •   

6. Nice work on the bench that tempo is no joke!
    Current Training Log -

7. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Nice work on the bench that tempo is no joke!
    Shyte man, I don't think I've focused that much before and it felt awesome, like I was really benching 3 sets of [email protected] instead of 225!
    Independent Review

8. Yeah and you will probably feel it in the morning! Slow reps like that release a lot more lactic acid and put so much stress via time under tension it is ridiculous.
    Current Training Log -

9. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist
    So I have been really busy lately and haven't really had much time for my log but I should be caught up by now. I have decided to change up my routine, was getting a little bored at the gym. For the next few weeks Im going to try 3 day or 6 day split, less volume per workout but higher weights being used with roughly 1 warmup and 1 working set per exercise. Hopefully this will lead to more hypertrophy. I am also considering running this log through to 8 weeks with a bridge to 550xd for 8 weeks to help shed fat gain. Im already cutting back on carb and fat macros and it is showing and I can feel less bloat but I am SO freaking HUNGRY, so Im changing my diet to add more veggies and hopefully feel more full.

Mon- chest/bis
    Tue- back/shoulders
    Wed- legs/tris
    Thurs- Rest or chest/bi
    Fri- back/shoulders
    Sat- legs/tris
    Sun- Rest

Plus cardio every morning or nite for 20-30 min...
    6 days sounds rough.
    D Yates did a style like 2 warm ups and 1 HIT set, said it worked for him.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

10. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

6 days sounds rough.
    D Yates did a style like 2 warm ups and 1 HIT set, said it worked for him.
    Lol yeah. I managed 1 week of that routine before I started hurting my joints/ligaments and what not. I'm back to 4-5 days a week. A little ambitious but I learned my lesson. Rest is just as important as quality time in the gym
    Independent Review

11. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist

Lol yeah. I managed 1 week of that routine before I started hurting my joints/ligaments and what not. I'm back to 4-5 days a week. A little ambitious but I learned my lesson. Rest is just as important as quality time in the gym
    Back to volume now?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

12. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    No ask away that is why we are here. The only way to attempt to lean up in the months after a cycle is to attempt to recomp IE maintenance calories, hard work and strategic calorie placement.
    That in fact is the way to go...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

13. Slow reps keep pressure on the muscle and off the joints, a good way to rest the joints...

14. on the tempo is that during the exercise like 2 second pause then 4 second pause. what is the 0 for?

15. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

Back to volume now?
    Not that much. Around 10 sets for large groups and less for sh/bi/tri. I want to experiment with tempo training which burns you out way faster than lift, drop, lift, drop
    Independent Review

16. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver
    Slow reps keep pressure on the muscle and off the joints, a good way to rest the joints...
    That's my strategy to keep from real injury while not having to take time off from the gym for post injury recovery
    Independent Review

17. Quote Originally Posted by chefbo
    on the tempo is that during the exercise like 2 second pause then 4 second pause. what is the 0 for?
    0 is for not resting at the top or bottom. The 4 is how long it takes for the negative movement, down to the chest for BB bench. 2 is for the positive movement, the pushing movement in bench press. Since incline press starts at the bottom of the movement it is the opposite: 0 at bottom, 1-2 on the pushing portion, 4 while lowering the weight back down, then 0 rest.

Did I write it down wrong?
    Independent Review

18. Time for back! Lets see how my DL has improved. Bis have been hurting from overtraining so I might be wearing kinesio tape after this one
    Independent Review

19. Haven't done Tbars for around 2 yrs. Def my go to exercise instead of BB rows from now on. Bis started hurting after my first pullover. Don't know what or why, gonna stick to tempo training for the rest of the cycle (3 more weeks) and do maxes at the end. And I definitely need to buy some taurine cuz my lower back is cramping like a mother, think my form with deads needs improvement. Other than that all is well

Day 36 back
    Weight 198
    DB pullover
    [email protected], 80, 100
    Cable pullover
    [email protected], [email protected]
    Close grip pulldown
    [email protected]
    Tbar row
    [email protected]
    Deads
    [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    Independent Review

20. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist

Not that much. Around 10 sets for large groups and less for sh/bi/tri. I want to experiment with tempo training which burns you out way faster than lift, drop, lift, drop
    I agree.
    I'm playing with high reps. 20 usually (sometimes I go extreme and hit more) usually 4-6 exercises per muscle.
    Going to do brisk walking for 30-45 as cardio and see where I go.
    I train to stay healthy/fit not to really lift cars, hope to be training when I get older.
    (I say this now)

21. A lot of things work, just not for very long. Ranges from 5 to 20 are all good you just have to mix things up and use progression, most important aspect for me now that load is down.

22. Mid cycle update

Name:  image-674824732.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  444.5 KB

Name:  image-3293082808.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  393.8 KB

Name:  image-3614685056.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  439.0 KB
    Independent Review

23. damn bro.....good back!!! looking huge
    OLYMPUS UK REP

24. Quote Originally Posted by edje007
    damn bro.....good back!!! looking huge
    Thanks brotha
    Independent Review

25. Full on beast mode! Looking good.
    Current Training Log -

26. Nice definition.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/232784-rushing-into-my.html

Competition bound 2014

27. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Full on beast mode! Looking good.
    Woke up this morning and my body was screaming at me. Like growing pains when you're 12 yrs old. It was this dull prolonged pain that I'm chalking up to 5 days of 6 a day. I was stuck around 195 with 4 a day. Now at 6 a day I'm up to 200. Hoping to hit 205-210 when I'm done. This cycle has been amazing. Gonna try weight gainer for the rest of the cycle
    Independent Review

28. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Woke up this morning and my body was screaming at me.
    if it happens again, just scream back.

29. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0
    if it happens again, just scream back.
    Wow that just made my day. Ha
    Independent Review
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Alpha Drive XL™ and My road to recovery Log
    By Jayhawkk in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 12:03 AM
  2. My IGF/GH/AAS log-