MY 6 wk 1-ALPHA LOG

Page 2 of 14 First 1234 ... Last

1. Been taking it easy on lower back movements cuz it would seem I pinched a nerve or slipped a disk last Friday day 1. Not sure how it happened but I am being cautious. Squats and deads are suffering because of this but I'll get over it. Hoping to squat and dead 400+ at least 3 reps by the end of this cycle.
    Independent Review

2. What do you squat now, might have to watch it if your back is hurt don't push it.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   

3. Don't know 1 rep maxes. I pretty much never have a lifting partner so I never push it to find out. The closest Ill get is a 3 rep max alone. It makes me feel safe enough that if I can't finish 3 at least Ill get 2 safely. Not too worried about numbers anyways, all I care about is size and definition.
    Independent Review

4. DAY 5 SHOULDERS

Seated Dumbbell Presses
    [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    Standing Cable Rear Laterals
    Seated Bent-Over DB Rear Laterals
    [email protected]
    One-Arm Cable Front Laterals
    Standing BB Front Raises
    [email protected]
    Seated Side Raise (0:30 rest)
    [email protected]
    No Shrugs Because of Lower Back Pain

Weighed in at 187 again. At 4:30 pm.
    Independent Review

5. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Don't know 1 rep maxes. I pretty much never have a lifting partner so I never push it to find out. The closest Ill get is a 3 rep max alone. It makes me feel safe enough that if I can't finish 3 at least Ill get 2 safely. Not too worried about numbers anyways, all I care about is size and definition.
    Oh definitely avoud lower reps if you are concetrated on bodybuilding you can work power with 5 reps just fine. 187 is that up at all from the beginnng..
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

Oh definitely avoud lower reps if you are concetrated on bodybuilding you can work power with 5 reps just fine. 187 is that up at all from the beginnng..
    Yup. The only time I ever do low reps is when I transition to powerlifting routines where that is the main goal. Besides muscle building is prime in 8-10 rep range IMO. As far as weight, I cannot attribute any gain thus far to supps. For the last month going into this cycle I didn't eat for maintenance, didn't lift at all, lost a grip of muscle and gained some fat. So for now any weight gain can only be attributed to an increase in food intake and water retention from creatine. I mean I was eating like twice a day the month coming into this, small meals too. Now I'm back to my usual 5+ meals a day plus protein shakes. Depending on my activity level and food intake I can easy float between 175-195 lbs during the year. Like to hit 2 hundo + on this cycle though...
    Independent Review

7. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist

Yup. The only time I ever do low reps is when I transition to powerlifting routines where that is the main goal. Besides muscle building is prime in 8-10 rep range IMO. As far as weight, I cannot attribute any gain thus far to supps. For the last month going into this cycle I didn't eat for maintenance, didn't lift at all, lost a grip of muscle and gained some fat. So for now any weight gain can only be attributed to an increase in food intake and water retention from creatine. I mean I was eating like twice a day the month coming into this, small meals too. Now I'm back to my usual 5+ meals a day plus protein shakes. Depending on my activity level and food intake I can easy float between 175-195 lbs during the year. Like to hit 2 hundo + on this cycle though...
    Looking to hit 200 also. Wait was that a challenge to see who gets there
    All posts by mattys4 are the result of a very creative imagination and should not be considered advice nor taken seriously

8. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4

Looking to hit 200 also. Wait was that a challenge to see who gets there
    That seems like a healthy enough challenge. What do u come in at now?
    Independent Review

9. I could join your challenge now that I received my goodies but I'd try to reach 170lbs.. Original goal was 165 but I could make it more difficult!
    Life is nothing but big macs and hoes.

10. Given that you shoud reach 200 easily enough.

11. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist

That seems like a healthy enough challenge. What do u come in at now?
    I weighed in yesterday at 194
    All posts by mattys4 are the result of a very creative imagination and should not be considered advice nor taken seriously

12. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    You are up already by a few lbs I believe, I bet you do around 202 depending on diet.

13. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    You are up already by a few lbs I believe, I bet you do around 202 depending on diet.
    That would be nice. Im up 2.6 lbs from the start wich is quite awesome considering im only 8 days in. Calories have been around 3700. I may up to 3900-4100+ if progress stalls. I would however like to make these pounds as solid as possible a lean 202 would be a major victory in my book

14. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4

You only got six to go bro. That's easy peasy even without the use of hormones. The biggest I've ever been was close to 210. I could barely do like one minute of cardio at a time lol. But it was impressive nonetheless. A lean 200 would be better than when I was bulked at 210.
    Independent Review

15. Quote Originally Posted by g0hardorgohom
    I could join your challenge now that I received my goodies but I'd try to reach 170lbs.. Original goal was 165 but I could make it more difficult!
    Livin the dream bro. Do it
    Independent Review

16. I got a really awesome arms workout planned for after school this afternoon. I'll weigh in then and based on how much I ate the last three days I'm probably 190 now. Upside to eating so much is that my muscles are finally feeling satiated and I can finally walk normal now from my leg workout last Sunday. Well kinda normal. At least I can walk...
    Independent Review

17. Important Request:
    To anybody and everybody who has run our products this is an adamant request that you go and review them on the AM reviews section. Just select Reviews and do a search for the product and add in your 2 cents. Honest reviews, we are not looking for props, just what we deserve.

18. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver
    Important Request:
    To anybody and everybody who has run our products this is an adamant request that you go and review them on the AM reviews section. Just select Reviews and do a search for the product and add in your 2 cents. Honest reviews, we are not looking for props, just what we deserve.
    Will do for sure in 5 wks for 1-Alpha and again when I finish post cycle with Finaflex products. Maybe this log can get me a finaflex shirt to rep the company though? Couldn't hurt...
    Independent Review

19. Just took my homemade Pre workout concoction. Heading to the GYM NOW!!! Lets do work!
    Independent Review

20. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist
    I got a really awesome arms workout planned for after school this afternoon. I'll weigh in then and based on how much I ate the last three days I'm probably 190 now. Upside to eating so much is that my muscles are finally feeling satiated and I can finally walk normal now from my leg workout last Sunday. Well kinda normal. At least I can walk...
    Haha awesome

21. Dumbbell Preacher Curls
    EZbar Spider Curls
    [email protected]
    Concentration Curls
    [email protected]
    Hammer Curls (0:30 rest)
    [email protected]

One Arm Pressdown(0:30 rest)
    [email protected]
    Close Grip Bench
    [email protected]
    Seated Tri Press
    [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Weighed in at 186. Surprised cuz I've been eating like a beast but I did lose like 3 lbs right before I went to the gym... Oh and I'm definitely feeling a little something now. This is my 8th day on cycle and my first arm workout and I just wanted to keep lifting! I'm swole as hell right now, combination of carbs and creatine but the pills are definitely KICKING IN NOW. Hope it just keeps coming!!!
    Independent Review

22. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Dumbbell Preacher Curls
    EZbar Spider Curls
    [email protected]
    Concentration Curls
    [email protected]
    Hammer Curls (0:30 rest)
    [email protected]

One Arm Pressdown(0:30 rest)
    [email protected]
    Close Grip Bench
    [email protected]
    Seated Tri Press

Weighed in at 186. Surprised cuz I've been eating like a beast but I did lose like 3 lbs right before I went to the gym... Oh and I'm definitely feeling a little something now. This is my 8th day on cycle and my first arm workout and I just wanted to keep lifting! I'm swole as hell right now, combination of carbs and creatine but the pills are definitely KICKING IN NOW. Hope it just keeps coming!!!
    Love that feeling when it first kicks in

23. DAY 8 CHEST
    BB Press
    DB Incline
    Machine Fly FST-7 (0:30 rest)
    Dips
    [email protected], [email protected]

Weighed 188 lbs
    Independent Review

24. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

Love that feeling when it first kicks in
    For sure. It's not anywhere near my last cycle 2 yrs ago or so where I gained massive strength and bulk right away, like 15 lbs in 2 weeks and strength through the roof, but its way more steady and I like this stuff better. I mean there is no way I could've done 265x8 on my fourth set last week but sure enough I did yesterday. Def feeling Alpha in the gym
    Independent Review

25. DAY 9 LEGS
    Stiff DL
    [email protected]
    Seated leg curl
    Lying leg curl
    [email protected]
    Leg ext
    Squat
    Leg press FST-7 (0:30 rest)
    [email protected]
    Independent Review

26. I still don't get why people stack so much weight on stiff leg deads. I saw this guy jut a min ago repping with 315 and it looked like he was gonna snap his back. All jerky n whatnot. Anyway like Kai Green says about stiff DL "if you have the mind-muscle connection you don't need a lot of weight". That dude uses 135 lbs for stiff leg deads and he's like 5'8" 280 lbs...
    Independent Review

27. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    I still don't get why people stack so much weight on stiff leg deads. I saw this guy jut a min ago repping with 315 and it looked like he was gonna snap his back. All jerky n whatnot. Anyway like Kai Green says about stiff DL "if you have the mind-muscle connection you don't need a lot of weight". That dude uses 135 lbs for stiff leg deads and he's like 5'8" 280 lbs...
    and then they bend their knees wtf!!! they don't call them stiff legged for the fug of it...I will go up in weight but won't break form. I never go past 225 and usually only go to around 185.

28. Weighed in at 190 post sh*t, first thing in the morning before working out. Definitely gaining steadily. Today was back...

DAY 11 Back n Abz
    Hanging leg raise
    15x3
    Wide pullups
    10x3
    Reverse pullups
    8x3
    DL
    Wide lat pd
    [email protected]
    BB reverse grip row
    [email protected]
    Superset-> Close grip lat pd + Ext
    [email protected] + [email protected] x3

Grip has improved dramatically. I used straps for this workout last time on everything after pullups. This time I forgot my straps and just rolled with it. Did just fine. Barbell almost slipped on my last DL set but ended up being fine. Also ima make sure to eat something before an AM workout next time cuz I was feeling a little gassed without any food in my belly
    Independent Review

29. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Weighed in at 190 post sh*t, first thing in the morning before working out. Definitely gaining steadily. Today was back...

DAY 11 Back n Abz
    Hanging leg raise
    15x3
    Wide pullups
    10x3
    Reverse pullups
    8x3
    DL
    Wide lat pd
    [email protected]
    BB reverse grip row
    [email protected]
    Superset-> Close grip lat pd + Ext
    [email protected] + [email protected] x3

Grip has improved dramatically. I used straps for this workout last time on everything after pullups. This time I forgot my straps and just rolled with it. Did just fine. Barbell almost slipped on my last DL set but ended up being fine. Also ima make sure to eat something before an AM workout next time cuz I was feeling a little gassed without any food in my belly

YOu need that fuel man. I workout 5am daily and theres a huge difference in performance if I dont have any carbs pre/intra

30. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    [/B]

YOu need that fuel man. I workout 5am daily and theres a huge difference in performance if I dont have any carbs pre/intra
    I always perform much better fasted but that is something I got used to with IF protocol. I think some people do not experience a heightened performance level during fasting but many do, has to do with body type I think.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Alpha Drive XL™ and My road to recovery Log
    By Jayhawkk in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 12:03 AM
  2. My IGF/GH/AAS log-
    By JBlaze in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 09:14 PM
  3. My M-1-T log