My favorite time to workout is.... & Why???

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys... ScottyDoc here, guess I was starting this to just sort of take a little census of when most people like to train, sort of try and see where the majority stand.

I will start by saying I have trained at all different times of the day for one reason or another, but when given the choice my favorite, most productive and optimal time to train is in the morning, first thing, for me... my opinion, it is the best way to start my day!

tweaver

tweaver

Awards
I also prefer working out in the morning. It just puts me in a great mood, and keeps me productive throughout the day. On days that I don't hit the gym early I feel lazy, and gross! LOL

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Night.
Full of food, can expel my food and it's my time no rushing to get done. Can sleep after working out hard and taking all my crazy sups too haha

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just like taking a census to see what people say and why, reasons etc. Without a doubt it totally a preference thing, there has never been any significant scientific evidence that proves mornings are better than evenings or vice versa! With that being said, I think (personal preference) whatever time it is you most enjoy going, which will keep you going (consistency, consistency, consistency) is the best time for you to go!!!

Come on guys, chime in, I still wanna hear some more opinions and reasonings!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I work out just after work on Tuesday and Thursday but I love my Saturday AM routine, that starts at 9am but I set out for a 5K walk to the gym at 8am and would start earlier if they opened earlier. The same with the weekdays as I would love to train before work but it opens a bit late for that for my schedule. AM fasted training Rocks!!

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I prefer working out at night because I feel more energized. I am to tired in the morning to get a hard workout in.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like working out in the morning because I combine my breakfast carbs with my pre workout carbs which totals to a lot of carbs and leads to a awesome workout!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like working out in the morning because I combine my breakfast carbs with my pre workout carbs which totals to a lot of carbs and leads to a awesome workout!
I hear that, leads to a great workout and you burn off all those carbs and can still maintain a LBM!

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
I like to train in the afternoons, I think its the time when I have the best performance

I tried working out in the mornings last week and I was pretty weak

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear that, leads to a great workout and you burn off all those carbs and can still maintain a LBM!
The fasted training burns all the fat in your blood stream before it gets redoposited. Fasted morning workouts do take some getting used to but once I was, they are better than any workout I did. Carbs for me are not for energy they are used more for recovery, plus I like some carbs in my diet. They taste good. :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The fasted training burns all the fat in your blood stream before it gets redoposited. Fasted morning workouts do take some getting used to but once I was, they are better than any workout I did. Carbs for me are not for energy they are used more for recovery, plus I like some carbs in my diet. They taste good. :)
Yeah kinda amazing every1s body works differently...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah kinda amazing every1s body works differently...
Yah depends on how you look at it I guess. With all the variables though it's just as amazing we are even similar ...Just when things start to make sense you find out something else that has you guessing again.

mattbaseball

Awards
530am....gets my day going and I have so much more energy throughout the day

pnut143

pnut143

Awards
If I have a large meal before I go to bed, morning workouts upon waking are amazing for me. I have a small snack then I am good to go.

However, I prefer working out at 10pm- gym is never crowded, I can take my time, and I can always add in a little cardio if I ate too much during the day. However, the only disadvantage (?) is not being able to use Pre workout stims, but for me, I never need them because I'm full of energy at that time with maxed glycogen stores from eating dinner.