My favorite time to workout is.... & Why??? - AnabolicMinds.com

My favorite time to workout is.... & Why???

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

My favorite time to workout is.... & Why???

Hey guys... ScottyDoc here, guess I was starting this to just sort of take a little census of when most people like to train, sort of try and see where the majority stand.

I will start by saying I have trained at all different times of the day for one reason or another, but when given the choice my favorite, most productive and optimal time to train is in the morning, first thing, for me... my opinion, it is the best way to start my day!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.

I also prefer working out in the morning. It just puts me in a great mood, and keeps me productive throughout the day. On days that I don't hit the gym early I feel lazy, and gross! LOL
  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Night.
    Full of food, can expel my food and it's my time no rushing to get done. Can sleep after working out hard and taking all my crazy sups too haha
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

I just like taking a census to see what people say and why, reasons etc. Without a doubt it totally a preference thing, there has never been any significant scientific evidence that proves mornings are better than evenings or vice versa! With that being said, I think (personal preference) whatever time it is you most enjoy going, which will keep you going (consistency, consistency, consistency) is the best time for you to go!!!

Come on guys, chime in, I still wanna hear some more opinions and reasonings!
    www.finaflex.com
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I work out just after work on Tuesday and Thursday but I love my Saturday AM routine, that starts at 9am but I set out for a 5K walk to the gym at 8am and would start earlier if they opened earlier. The same with the weekdays as I would love to train before work but it opens a bit late for that for my schedule. AM fasted training Rocks!!
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I prefer working out at night because I feel more energized. I am to tired in the morning to get a hard workout in.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I like working out in the morning because I combine my breakfast carbs with my pre workout carbs which totals to a lot of carbs and leads to a awesome workout!

8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I like working out in the morning because I combine my breakfast carbs with my pre workout carbs which totals to a lot of carbs and leads to a awesome workout!
    I hear that, leads to a great workout and you burn off all those carbs and can still maintain a LBM!
    www.finaflex.com
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

I like to train in the afternoons, I think its the time when I have the best performance

I tried working out in the mornings last week and I was pretty weak
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I hear that, leads to a great workout and you burn off all those carbs and can still maintain a LBM!
    The fasted training burns all the fat in your blood stream before it gets redoposited. Fasted morning workouts do take some getting used to but once I was, they are better than any workout I did. Carbs for me are not for energy they are used more for recovery, plus I like some carbs in my diet. They taste good.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

The fasted training burns all the fat in your blood stream before it gets redoposited. Fasted morning workouts do take some getting used to but once I was, they are better than any workout I did. Carbs for me are not for energy they are used more for recovery, plus I like some carbs in my diet. They taste good.
    Yeah kinda amazing every1s body works differently...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Yeah kinda amazing every1s body works differently...
    Yah depends on how you look at it I guess. With all the variables though it's just as amazing we are even similar ...Just when things start to make sense you find out something else that has you guessing again.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  229 lbs.

530am....gets my day going and I have so much more energy throughout the day
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

If I have a large meal before I go to bed, morning workouts upon waking are amazing for me. I have a small snack then I am good to go.

However, I prefer working out at 10pm- gym is never crowded, I can take my time, and I can always add in a little cardio if I ate too much during the day. However, the only disadvantage (?) is not being able to use Pre workout stims, but for me, I never need them because I'm full of energy at that time with maxed glycogen stores from eating dinner.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Your all time favorite exercise?
    By dynomite in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 03:22 PM
  2. My three favorite numbers 5/3/1. Log Time!
    By chuebner in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 12:23 AM
  3. favorite bodybuilder of all time
    By glenihan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 09:04 PM
  4. Least Favorite Workout Day
    By labrad in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 09:10 PM