Is the Gym a good place to find a date?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is the Gym a good place to find a Date?

Yes? No? Maybe? Elaborate on your answers please!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally I like to seem some spandex wrapped azz in the gym... It's nice for the eye candy keeps the test up!! I don't tiink that the gym should be used as a place for dating gernerally but if you were to meat somebody you really like then I don't think it would be wrong to ask them out. Just that I don't want to see the gym turn into a singles bar type atmosphere. You sholdn't be going to the gym to meet women, it's a place to be about your business. If however you were to strike up a friendly relationship with someone and over time grew to like them I don't see anything wrong with you asking her out. I mean at least you know she takes care of herself. Now if she is there just to get picked up by guys, well that is not the girl I am talking about... you can meet that type in a bar.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lots of hot women go through Metroflex and everyone talks most of the time. Our gym is small so you know who has BFs pretty much within the first few times they are there as it always gets mentioned. I have yet to hit on anyone at that gym since I became a member, probably why I don't have any issues with people there. That said, I was shameless when I was at 24 hour fitness cause I really just didn't give a crap what anyone said, I was one of 200 people in there. 9 times out of 10 though, women aren't too excited to talk to you or are bad at showing interest cause they appear insecure all sweaty and in unflattering clothes. I found this out from a girls friend who apparently liked me but didn't have the stones to own up to it so I lost out; as much my fault as hers.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
About the only thing I could say to this would be the fact you have a common interest to start with. From there it's anyones guess...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started this thread because I know a lot of people have mixed feelings on this issue... Some are of the mind-set that the gym is a sacred place where you go to work and then leave, others view it as a social gathering place, and others will use it as a mix of the two! Personally, I use it as a mix of the two, I am way too personal and personable to just workout and not get to know the people around me, I usually know all the men and less of the women, just because I tend to workout in the area where way more men are training as compared to women, but I still get to know all the regulars of both sexes. I definitely agree with AZMIDLYF that the gym is someplace we at least both have in common and then from there... well??? But there is also the opinion that women are there to workout and don't want to be talk to, flirted with, and/or hit on! Anyway, my overall two cents is as long as it is done in a friendly casual manner and you get to know someone before diving right in and treating it like a singles bar and trying to gather as many phone numbers as possible, etc. then it is ok!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started this thread because I know a lot of people have mixed feelings on this issue... Some are of the mind-set that the gym is a sacred place where you go to work and then leave, others view it as a social gathering place, and others will use it as a mix of the two! Personally, I use it as a mix of the two, I am way too personal and personable to just workout and not get to know the people around me, I usually know all the men and less of the women, just because I tend to workout in the area where way more men are training as compared to women, but I still get to know all the regulars of both sexes. I definitely agree with AZMIDLYF that the gym is someplace we at least both have in common and then from there... well??? But there is also the opinion that women are there to workout and don't want to be talk to, flirted with, and/or hit on! Anyway, my overall two cents is as long as it is done in a friendly casual manner and you get to know someone before diving right in and treating it like a singles bar and trying to gather as many phone numbers as possible, etc. then it is ok!
Yah it's not a place to find a date but if you meet someone special, come on you have ask her out for a beverage... I am ommitted from this scenario being a happily married man but if I were single it's not such a bad place to find quality women. Just be a gentleman. If you're just looking to get with someone for a night, then best take that to the bar.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
People go to the grocery store just to shop, doesn't mean you can not meet someone there. Hell, I know a lot of people that met and started dating at church. Now if that's not sacred then I don't know what it.;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
People go to the grocery store just to shop, doesn't mean you can not meet someone there. Hell, I know a lot of people that met and started dating at church. Now if that's not sacred then I don't know what it.;)
yah that's the point I was trying to make as well, if you meet the right person, it doesn't matter where it is. Can't let opportunities like that go to waste.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I met my wife in the gym. Well she worked there and made my protein shakes. :D

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the only downside to dating someone from the same gym....if it doesn't work out then you still have to see them on the regular. Same reason why I would not date anyone from work.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Imo work is far diff then the gym. Changin jobs is far harder the changing gyms. But i see where you are coming from.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow... all very excellent points! There are definitely pros & cons on both sides, I like DW's opinion of not necessarily going with the intention, but never closing the door to the opportunity to meet that "Perfect Someone!"

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is the gym a funeral or a family gathering? No? Then finding a date there could work. Unless you consider dropping plates as "play time with the kiddies" or "mourning the loss of your soul patch", then I would consider you look into meeting girls at the psych evaluation. :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I met my wife in the gym. Well she worked there and made my protein shakes. :D
See that's what I am talking about....

Yeah the only downside to dating someone from the same gym....if it doesn't work out then you still have to see them on the regular. Same reason why I would not date anyone from work.
yah that would be a bit uncomfortable but I wouldn't change gyms because of it...

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
If you wanna strike up a conversation with someone, do it. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. There's no right place to meet someone.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you wanna strike up a conversation with someone, do it. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. There's no right place to meet someone.
I totally agree with your above statement, I mean there is no right or wrong place to meet anyone, when it is right it is right.

What I am talking about are people who go to gyms or specifically target men or women in the gym because it is a good place to find fit bodies, get my drift?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think the best thing to do is keep it casual and friendly, which is why I like to walk up to women at the gym and say..."hey... I noticed you over there breaking a sweat. How about you trying breaking me now?" Wink and then walk away.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I totally agree with your above statement, I mean there is no right or wrong place to meet anyone, when it is right it is right.

What I am talking about are people who go to gyms or specifically target men or women in the gym because it is a good place to find fit bodies, get my drift?
Yah guys who do that (target women) probably scare more women away than anything. They're probably the ones that got the women only gym thing happening, which I am ok with by the way. I don't want women who don't want to workout around men at my gym cuz they tend to be a pain in the azz about complaining. Women have actually ruined a lot of the good things about the old school style gyms. If they don't have a men will be men attitude they will complain and they have the ear of the private gym owner, cuz it's them coming to pay memberships and not showing up that they make most of there money on.

TRPS4DAYS

Awards
It depends on the gym. Oldschool dungeon gym....probably not. Newer, franchise type gym.....better possibility.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think the best thing to do is keep it casual and friendly, which is why I like to walk up to women at the gym and say..."hey... I noticed you over there breaking a sweat. How about you trying breaking me now?" Wink and then walk away.
I'll tell you a flirtatious maneuver I like to use... whenever I see an attractive woman doing any kind of chest exercise, I'll totally cheer them on like I would a guy... "Come on.. Big chest, you can do, one more rep, come on, feel the burn!!!" They usually just crack-up laughing and, LoL, so do I, but it is a great way to break the ice with a Hottie if she is working out Chest!

JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
Not if your workout looks like the guy's in the pic... ;)
Im gona go all negative on this one because I think the risks and cons heavily out weigh the possitive's. I mean unless youre sure that everytime this girl is in the gym at the same time as you, she will come over briefly say hi, give you a kiss ( and maybe motivating a smack on the bum :) ) and then go off to the womens area and stay the f*ck there, I wouldnt risk having a bad day or week... etc

Im sure the tired, worn out fatiged, tomato red faced look is not very attractive to a new girlfriend. At some point they are bound to be doing a little circuit on the machines... just over there you know... on the another edge of the gym in plain sight of where you happen to be working, she's gona watch you, especially when youre not wanting to be watched. Trust me, a girl will wait for you to finnish your last set on the leg press, last rep and out of breath recovery with your gym bud who loves to take the piss when youre all mashed and ask you complicated questions and laugh at you - just when you think a little respect would be due to let you off - SHE WILL BE WATCHING.

Besides every gym Ive been in, all the girls really worth having are already hooked up. The girls that look good and confident look that way because they dont give a sh*t that you exist, they may check to see if you are watching them, but in reality they dont need you, they already have their night in shining armour somewhere else.

And answer this question:

How many guy's have you seen training in the gym, who's girlfriends are there aswell, and are just 100% relaxed, focused and happy about it?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many guy's have you seen training in the gym, who's girlfriends are there aswell, and are just 100% relaxed, focused and happy about it?
My wife is my training partner. Even before we married, lifting together rocked, and it's when she's not there that I am not as relaxed or happy in the gym. Sounds to me like you to need to associate with more supportive women. :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife is my training partner. Even before we married, lifting together rocked, and it's when she's not there that I am not as relaxed or happy in the gym. Sounds to me like you to need to associate with more supportive women. :)
Yah the people I train, some women are all very positive people...have no time for people who don't have a positive outlook.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im gona go all negative on this one because I think the risks and cons heavily out weigh the possitive's. I mean unless youre sure that everytime this girl is in the gym at the same time as you, she will come over briefly say hi, give you a kiss ( and maybe motivating a smack on the bum :) ) and then go off to the womens area and stay the f*ck there, I wouldnt risk having a bad day or week... etc

Im sure the tired, worn out fatiged, tomato red faced look is not very attractive to a new girlfriend. At some point they are bound to be doing a little circuit on the machines... just over there you know... on the another edge of the gym in plain sight of where you happen to be working, she's gona watch you, especially when youre not wanting to be watched. Trust me, a girl will wait for you to finnish your last set on the leg press, last rep and out of breath recovery with your gym bud who loves to take the piss when youre all mashed and ask you complicated questions and laugh at you - just when you think a little respect would be due to let you off - SHE WILL BE WATCHING.

Besides every gym Ive been in, all the girls really worth having are already hooked up. The girls that look good and confident look that way because they dont give a sh*t that you exist, they may check to see if you are watching them, but in reality they dont need you, they already have their night in shining armour somewhere else.

And answer this question:

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like Crossfit gals so I've gotta say yes... Any girl who is passionate about fitness or being active, and is ripped or getting there, is ok in my books. Lots of elite trainers I've met in the Crossfit world, who know a heck of a lot more about the human body than most people, and seem to be more intelligent than the average person too... not to mention they all squat multiple times per week and have thick arses to show for it. Love it. A regular gym though? Too many variables I think.. I like the hardcore chiquitas, suits the lifestyle.. Most recreational gym users are just that, recreational (and likely smoke, have many other unhealthy habits). I'm picky I guess. I need a passionate dedicated woman :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Crossfit gals so I've gotta say yes... Any girl who is passionate about fitness or being active, and is ripped or getting there, is ok in my books. Lots of elite trainers I've met in the Crossfit world, who know a heck of a lot more about the human body than most people, and seem to be more intelligent than the average person too... not to mention they all squat multiple times per week and have thick arses to show for it. Love it. A regular gym though? Too many variables I think.. I like the hardcore chiquitas, suits the lifestyle.. Most recreational gym users are just that, recreational (and likely smoke, have many other unhealthy habits). I'm picky I guess. I need a passionate dedicated woman :)
Love the thick booty :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I met my future wife where I work (a hospital). Granted we work in two completely separate areas, but you get the idea. Its possible anywhere.

JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
My wife is my training partner. Even before we married... Sounds to me like you to need to associate with more supportive women. :)
You right bro, I'd favour an American or South African girl (Im South African) over a British girl anyday. I live in England. Heck I even prefer a middle eastern girl over a British one... any day.

"how do you know if youre bieng stalked?":

I move so quickly I doubt anyone could keep up with me. And if I was bieng stalked, they can watch all they like, but why be so shy? Come on over maybe we could have a chat ;).

I met my future wife where I work (a hospital). Granted we work in two completely separate areas, but you get the idea. Its possible anywhere.
You have a good point there. If you really want it, its possible.

But I would have to make sure I was getting a descent amount of respect while in the gym from any girl who I'd be dating, period. Know what I mean?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You right bro, I'd favour an American or South African girl (Im South African) over a British girl anyday. I live in England. Heck I even prefer a middle eastern girl over a British one... any day.

"how do you know if youre bieng stalked?":

I move so quickly I doubt anyone could keep up with me. And if I was bieng stalked, they can watch all they like, but why be so shy? Come on over maybe we could have a chat ;).

You have a good point there. If you really want it, its possible.

But I would have to make sure I was getting a descent amount of respect while in the gym from any girl who I'd be dating, period. Know what I mean?
Hey... I met you on here, then FaceBook and I've been stalking your Homo-A$$ every since! Bahahahaha!

On a serious note, I don't think the gym is a good or bad place to meet a significant other or a date, it really depends on the person! Some people would say no, that when they are in the gym they are all business, others like to socialize in the gym, so I say to each his own, but I started this thread because I like to hear people's opinions, which by the way have all been very good, ya just never know when you might learn something or get that little tid-bit of wisdom!!!

JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
lol, you funny ****er.

Dude I wish I had a video camera while I was working in the last Gym I worked in, Its was like a nightclub in there sometimes. And alot of the guy's who trained there were regularly in prison, and they said the atmosphere in the place was just like the atmosphere in prison gyms, without time restrictions I suppose. I mean there were alot of people who didnt get on and a little tenssion now and again and sometimes some fighting. I over all really enjoyed working there despite the occational guy who tried to bully me (none of whom ever succeeded by the way ;) ).

Whenever guy's picked up girls in there (which happened alot compared to other gyms Ive been in) it generally never lasted longer than a month, and I think becasue of the fact that the gym was so extremely social there was too much pressure. All the gyms Ive been in with a reserved atmosphere - those are the only gyms that Ive seen lasting relationships in...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol, you funny ****er.

Dude I wish I had a video camera while I was working in the last Gym I worked in, Its was like a nightclub in there sometimes. And alot of the guy's who trained there were regularly in prison, and they said the atmosphere in the place was just like the atmosphere in prison gyms, without time restrictions I suppose. I mean there were alot of people who didnt get on and a little tenssion now and again and sometimes some fighting. I over all really enjoyed working there despite the occational guy who tried to bully me (none of whom ever succeeded by the way ;) ).

Whenever guy's picked up girls in there (which happened alot compared to other gyms Ive been in) it generally never lasted longer than a month, and I think becasue of the fact that the gym was so extremely social there was too much pressure. All the gyms Ive been in with a reserved atmosphere - those are the only gyms that Ive seen lasting relationships in...
I agree with that, I mean some gyms are more laid back and social, others are more grit and iron, so it definitely depends on the gym, I agree with that 110%

On a different note, do you have a large copy/version of your Avatar, I love werewolves and that is a really cool pict, if you got one can you email it to me... [email protected]

JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
I agree with that, I mean some gyms are more laid back and social, others are more grit and iron, so it definitely depends on the gym, I agree with that 110%

On a different note, do you have a large copy/version of your Avatar, I love werewolves and that is a really cool pict, if you got one can you email it to me... [email protected]
Yes thats it, it most definately depends on the Gym.

The pic is as good as yours.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thread hi-Jack for a sec...

Yeah... come get ya some!!!​

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey wait... LoL... it's my thread so I can post whatever the Fugg I want, LoL!!!

JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely, they look awesome. They have a few muscles in the forearms that dont exist... on humans anyhow. And the one in the middle appears to have a few extra obliques too.

I Love this kind of art.

So back to topic... Ive met this girl at work just in the last couple of weeks by the way ... we got a thang going on! =D The chemistry is un-believable, and shes so cute I could just eat her.

But lucky for me we dont work together all the time, we work for an agency, we will be working appart most of the time in different Hotels accross London, and only together ocationally. I think the fact we work together sometimes is absolutely fine seeing as tho its not perminant. I know what shes like when she's stressed, shes adorable :).

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ive met this girl at work just in the last couple of weeks by the way ... we got a thang going on! =D The chemistry is un-believable, and shes so cute I could just eat her.

But lucky for me we dont work together all the time, we work for an agency, we will be working appart most of the time in different Hotels accross London, and only together ocationally. I think the fact we work together sometimes is absolutely fine seeing as tho its not perminant. I know what shes like when she's stressed, shes adorable :).
I'm in the same boat as you, seeing someone from work that I only see on occasion, twice a month at the office. I have to say be careful..lol.. it's almost gotten us into trouble more than once, and even though we don't work together often, drama will happen - and people will eventually find out. I think we have a policy at my company against dating people we work with too. Oh well lol.. I've dated 3 girls from here in the past 2 years.

JohnBrinks

JohnBrinks

Awards
  • Established
reps sent!