FINAFLEX presents... The Ultimate Online Bench Press Competition!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

For more details, rules, regulations and a step by step procedure of how to enter this contest please visit the Bench Press competition on our website or by clicking on this link... Contests | Redefine Nutrition

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed, awesome contest Scotty!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very cool contest, Al. You guys have some great ones.

I'll be in to follow but certainly won't be participating because there's no chance of winning in either of the categories lol. Excited to see some of the big dogs come out for this.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just make sure you like us on FaceBook, all submissions will be put in two places, a link will be posted on our website for our use only and they will all be put up on FaceBook from every forum I Represent FINAFLEX on and for those seeing it on FaceBook, you do not have to be a member of any forum to sign up and post an attempt, so if you know anyone, then just have them go to our website... http://redefinenutrition.com/index.php/contests/2011-benchpress-contest/ (direct link) and follow the instructions and it is GAME-ON Brother!!!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
hell ill submit, wont win but idc lol

do we gotta post video on FB page too? i submitted on the finaflex page

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed, but my bench is too weak to compete. When the DL contest comes up, I'll be in it... ;)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hell ill submit, wont win but idc lol

do we gotta post video on FB page too?
All the rules are on the link taking you to our website, but to answer your question... the two mandatory places it must be submitted is on our FINAFLEX website and on our FINAFLEX FaceBook Fan Page, posting it on this thread is appreciated, but not mandatory as this contest is for anyone and everyone who is willing to follow the instructions Globally, we will send the winning products to anyone in the world!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed, but my bench is too weak to compete. When the DL contest comes up, I'll be in it... ;)
If this is a success, which I can't see how it won't be considering we are making this contest GLOBAL, I will push for the Dead-Lifting contest to be next, as I will actually submit an entry worthy of being entered, even though as an employee I cannot win!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
All the rules are on the link taking you to our website, but to answer your question... the two mandatory places it must be submitted is on our FINAFLEX website and on our FINAFLEX FaceBook Fan Page, posting it on this thread is appreciated, but not mandatory as this contest is for anyone and everyone who is willing to follow the instructions Globally, we will send the winning products to anyone in the world!
yeah i read that but wasnt completely sure. thought maybe it was either or. thanks ill post it later :)

i can get AM fb fwends too lol

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
this is a sweet contest. too bad my bench numbers are pathetic :(

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this is a sweet contest. too bad my bench numbers are pathetic :(
No worries there Brother, mine are pretty horrible as well, but at least like us on the FINAFLEX FaceBook Fan Page and watch as people submit their youtube video attempts, that is going to be half the fun if you ask me, I'm really hoping to be Amazed and see some incredible Bench Presses!

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
there ya go :bigok:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want this kid's numbers!! He weighs 145lbs and throws this weight...

I can dream. Do you have a Masters division? Lol

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want this kid's numbers!! He weighs 145lbs and throws this weight...

I can dream. Do you have a Masters division? Lol
That would be tough to beat, for sure, it looked like he was benching 425Lbs... so that is 425/145=2.93, WoW, that would be really, really hard to beat! No we do not have a Master's division, but let's say we did, do you think you can bench more than DreamWeaver, especially considering y'all are comparable in size and weight?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do DW's bench numbers look like?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do DW's bench numbers look like?
I don't really know, I just know from everything else I see him lifting and doing that he's a strong "Old Fugger" LoL!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SUBBED im not strong but I wanna vid myself lol!!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't really know, I just know from everything else I see him lifting and doing that he's a strong "Old Fugger" LoL!
I have no clue what he lifts. I look forward to seeing the beasts come out for this!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have no clue what he lifts. I look forward to seeing the beasts come out for this!!
Agreed, I will be very disappointed if I am not amazed at the WINNER of both categories! I just hope everyone I talk to on this forum, other forums and on FaceBook all pass the word along, anyone can enter, anyone, anywhere, anyhow, as long as they fill out the entry form, and follow the rules, and post a link to their submission on our website and on our FINAFLEX FaceBook Fan Page, and that is it, they are qualified to win if they have the winning lift in one of the two categories, and the more the merrier as far as the competition goes and as far as the spectators are concerned!

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Siiick i need to learn how to upload on youtube and how find my camera's charger! Fun fun

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Siiick i need to learn how to upload on youtube and how find my camera's charger! Fun fun
What is your max? I saw you mention 225 x 30?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to think about maybe doing this. I might have a shot at pound for pound. I can already bench pretty close to 2x bodyweight right now

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
How long will the contest be for

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
What is your max? I saw you mention 225 x 30?
Well I am not a powerlifter, but my lifts are all decent. I got 410 x 2 at 230lbs last year. I cut some weight and I am 215ish and hit 395 last month. 315 felt easy yesterday I got it for 10 so I think my bench went up a little more. If I train for it I can increase it significantly, but I train more hypertrophy specific (natty bber)

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Haha Ya i got that idea from Scottydoc's log, I beat my body up so I took a de-load week and wanted to see what i could do. I was sore as fuc* for 5 days after that chest session, no lie

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At 5'11" 95lbs that should be a killer combo! Lol
LoL, he weighs more than that, he's just being Silly! "Silly Rabbit, Tricks are for Kids!"

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha Ya i got that idea from Scottydoc's log, I beat my body up so I took a de-load week and wanted to see what i could do. I was sore as fuc* for 5 days after that chest session, no lie
Wait, when you say de-load week, you are talking about what I did with my light weight/high reps for 2 weeks, where every set was 25 reps?

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Yes that's what I did, I de-loaded meaning (less weight) and I didn't push myself to failure. I went one before failure maybe 2. This has become a staple in my regimen now. 6-8 weeks regular training session (whenever i feel progress stagnates) then i go to this de-load ultra high rep on everything. I hit squats and deads this week and both went up! I am convinced now, it wasn't a fluke.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes that's what I did, I de-loaded meaning (less weight) and I didn't push myself to failure. I went one before failure maybe 2. This has become a staple in my regimen now. 6-8 weeks regular training session (whenever i feel progress stagnates) then i go to this de-load ultra high rep on everything. I hit squats and deads this week and both went up! I am convinced now, it wasn't a fluke.
No I agree, because those past 2 weeks I did 25 reps/set for everything was the first time I really changed my weight/rep range up in like a year and it made a huge difference just after two weeks, so I agree, I too do not believe it is a fluke and will make frequent de-loading week or two weeks every so often to change & shake things up and always keep my body guessing and growing or at least moving forward in whatever direction I am aiming for!

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
I agree, thanks for the input man. It helped, but I was being stubborn because we adopt this mind set that less weight and a ton of reps is bad (at least i do). It was good to incorperate!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree, thanks for the input man. It helped, but I was being stubborn because we adopt this mind set that less weight and a ton of reps is bad (at least i do). It was good to incorperate!
Yes, that was a hard lesson for me to learn as well, I played football at LSU and they always had us power-lifting in the off season and that is just how I learned and once you learn something it is very hard to break it or realize that there are other ways of doing things and also that bodybuilding and powerlifting are two really different things! They don't give two ****s how much you can bench when you are on that stage, they just care about how you look, end of story!

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
:clap2: I couldn't have said it better! I might train for power for the next couple of months and incorperate those high rep weeks in. I want to see where I stand, I mean i never train for it and my dead, squat and bench combined is around 1400. I might throw up a log next month and see what I can do! What the heck, I like to mix it up. At the end of the day it's all fun, i wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it, I look forward to it everyday. keep on keeping on!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:clap2: I couldn't have said it better! I might train for power for the next couple of months and incorperate those high rep weeks in. I want to see where I stand, I mean i never train for it and my dead, squat and bench combined is around 1400. I might throw up a log next month and see what I can do! What the heck, I like to mix it up. At the end of the day it's all fun, i wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it, I look forward to it everyday. keep on keeping on!
Gotta keep it fun :D

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK, I wanna see some Bench Press submissions, this thread has been out for a week on 6 different forums, and on our website and on our FaceBook fan page and I have not had one single submission! Not ONE, WTF??? Is everyone afraid, I mean I am going to laugh if there are only like a few submissions and some guy comes in at the last minute with just a decent bench and wins! SUBMIT already, what can it hurt and you can submit as many times as you want, the best bench is the best bench!!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK, I wanna see some Bench Press submissions, this thread has been out for a week on 6 different forums, and on our website and on our FaceBook fan page and I have not had one single submission! Not ONE, WTF??? Is everyone afraid, I mean I am going to laugh if there are only like a few submissions and some guy comes in at the last minute with just a decent bench and wins! SUBMIT already, what can it hurt and you can submit as many times as you want, the best bench is the best bench!!!
Everyone is trying to peak for it lol

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone is trying to peak for it lol
All I'm trying to say is it is unlimited entries, so let's say I just do one for fun and hit 315Lbs, and then a week or two from now hit 335Lbs, I just re-submit, and then hell at the very end see if I can beat that, I mean if someone posts the strongest bench, I don't care if it took him 20 video submissions to do it, the most benched is the most benched! I mean let's say someone posts 405 and it is the highest bench so far and then someone later posts 410Lbs, don't you think the original guy who posted 405Lbs will not try to see if he can do 415Lbs??

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
YEA, USE IT AS MOTIVATION IN YOUR WORKOUTS TO MOVE MORE WEIGHT!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh!
Well then I'm gonna submit on my next bench day. :)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys... Seriously... What is going on, I cannot believe so many people showed interest in this Bench Press Competition and still no submissions, I mean is no one interested in $500 (MSRP) worth of FINAFLEX products?

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
I'm recording my vid on monday bro just to represent the crew lol I'll post it up on Tuesday, who knows maybe I'll win lol

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It would be funny indeed if me, weighing a whopping 173 lbs with a max 3 rep bench of 275 lbs, posted a video and won on default! Of course I believe there are guys really working to build up their max to post just one video not multiple ones.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Either way, I just want to get a few Videos up there, I mean I honestly believe once someone posts one, someone else will see it and think... "Hey I can beat that" and post theirs and then someone will top theirs and it will become like a snowball effect!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deadlifts bro, bring the deadlifts!