Q & A for FINAFLEX ALC+CLA

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This thread is designed to act as a Q & A for FINAFLEX ALC+CLA. So please direct any and all questions for this product here and I will be more than happy to answer them.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is Acetyl L Carnitine (ALC) and why do I care?

L carnitine is derived from the amino acids: lysine and methionine. It is mainly synthesized in the liver and the kidneys, and must be transported for uses to other tissues in the body. It is found in the highest concentrations in tissues that use fatty acids as the main dietary fuel, such as the skeletal and cardiac muscles.

One of the key uses of Acetyl L-Carnitine supplement is for fatty acid oxidation - helping users burn unwanted body fat. Fatty acids are one of the key energy sources of the human body, and oxidation is the process by which they are broken down in order to create energy. The fatty acids cannot penetrate the inner mitochondria membrane (where they are burned for energy), and the key role for L-Carnitine is to transport fatty acids across the mitochondria membrane to allow for oxidation of fat.

English version... it frees up fatty acids in the body making them more readily available for energy use, which means more energy and less fat.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) and why do I care?

January 2001 -- Major news for people with thyroid problems who are facing weight loss challenges is the news that the natural dietary supplement conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) reduces body fat in people who are overweight.

A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study, published in the December 2000 issue of the Journal of Nutrition found that CLA reduces fat and preserves muscle tissue. According to the research project manager, an average reduction of six pounds of body fat was found in the group that took CLA, compared to a placebo group. The study found that approximately 3.4 grams of CLA per day is the level needed to obtain the beneficial effects of CLA on body fat.

Dr. Michael Pariza, who conducted research on CLA with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, reported in August 2000 to the American Chemical Society that "It doesn't make a big fat cell get little. What it rather does is keep a little fat cell from getting big." Pariza's research did not find weight loss in his group of 71 overweight people, but what he did find was that when the dieters stopped dieting, and gained back weight, those taking CLA "were more likely to gain muscle and not fat.'' In a separate study conducted at Purdue University in Indiana, CLA was found to improve insulin levels in about two-thirds of diabetic patients, and moderately reduced the blood glucose level and triglyceride levels.

CLA has been the subject of a variety of research in the past several years, and findings also suggest that some of the other benefits of CLA include the following:

- Increases metabolic rate -- This would obviously be a positive benefit for thyroid patients, as hypothyroidism -- even when treated -- can reduce the metabolic rate in some people.
- Decreases abdominal fat -- Adrenal imbalances and hormonal shifts that are common in thyroid patients frequently cause rapid accumulation of abdominal fat, so this benefit could be quite helpful.
- Enhances muscle growth -- Muscle burns fat, which also contributes to increased metabolism, which is useful in weight loss and management.
- Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides -- Since many thyroid patients have elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels, even with treatment, this benefit can have an impact on a thyroid patient's health.
- Lowers insulin resistance -- Insulin resistance is a risk for some hypothyroid patients, and lowering it can also help prevent adult-onset diabetes and make it easier to control weight.
- Reduces food-induced allergic reactions -- Since food allergies can be at play when weight loss becomes difficult, this can be of help to thyroid patients.
- Enhances immune system -- Since most cases of thyroid disease are autoimmune in nature, enhancing the immune system's ability to function properly is a positive benefit.

If you're interested in taking CLA to help with weight loss, keep in mind that it's not a magic pill, and you will need to start a program of diet and exercise in order to successfully lose weight and keep it off.

Yellow

Yellow

Awards
  • Established
Here is some answer I got from Dr.Scotty Dog

My question :
Hi Doc,

Nice to meet you on this board..

I am planning to use Finaflex ALC+CLA as one of my staple supplements (in lean mass phase) since it contains 2 of the best non-stimulant fat burner on the market.

I wonder when it is best taken and what it is best taken with?
I got confused since I have been reading and researching that CLA is best taken with fatty meal (over 10gr of fat) to get maximal lymphatic absorption BUT Acetyl L-carnitine is best taken on empty stomach to get full effects and high peak level in the blood.

What is your thought?
I hope you don't mind helping me at all.

Thank You...

Best Regards,
-YELLOW-
Answer from Doc :
Yellow,

First off let me complement you on your incredible research. You actually brought something to my attention that I was unaware of, I had to discuss this with our chemists and do a little research on my own in order to give you this answer.

We recommend our product to be taken with food, 10g of fat is not a lot so as long as you are not trying to take it with a fat free meal or just a protein shake you will be fine. As far as the ALC being best taken on an empty stomach, this is true, but you also have to take into consideration the bioavailability of just about every vitamin and/or nutrient is always going to be higher when taken with food, in other words, more easily absorbed when taken with food. So with all that being said, I believe taking it with food is the best way to take our product and it will not change the fat-burning effects that the ALC will have on your body. Thank you for choosing FINAFLEX, you keep taking it and we'll keep making it! Good luck with all your bodybuilding and fitness goals!
I hope others could benefit from my question.

Just Trying to Help...

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Hey Scotty, I was having a chat with someone in the gym, and he's a exercise science grad (or something) and he's been in the supp game for 15+ years and he was saying that I should look into CLA. It seems like this can be used daily with no need to deload or off-cycle. Im currently recomping, and am logging COMBUSTION right now. In about a month I plan on doing a PH run (ph tren and epi) and was wondering if this is something I can take along side of it, to promote more fat loss during the cycle.

p.s., great first couple posts, answered just about every other question I had.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Scotty, I was having a chat with someone in the gym, and he's a exercise science grad (or something) and he's been in the supp game for 15+ years and he was saying that I should look into CLA. It seems like this can be used daily with no need to deload or off-cycle. Im currently recomping, and am logging COMBUSTION right now. In about a month I plan on doing a PH run (ph tren and epi) and was wondering if this is something I can take along side of it, to promote more fat loss during the cycle.

p.s., great first couple posts, answered just about every other question I had.
Awesome, glad I could be of assistance! To answer your question, I don't know of anything that you could/would be taking that would be a contraindication to taking ALC + CLA with it, so unless someone knows something I don't, which I'm all hears and always willing to learn something new, I don't see any reason why you would not want to take ALC + CLA with any and all cycles wanting to burn excess fat!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This week's Trivia Question will take place today, Monday, June 27th at 4:00pm Eastern Standard time! And the price will be one bottle of ALC + CLA.

TRPS4DAYS

Awards
Grabbing a bottle of this to add to the arsenal for spring break.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahaaaa....... What you really need is the Deadly 1-punch + 2-punch combo... guaranteed to be a total fat-loss Knock-Out!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah might have to stock up on this, have to take a hefty dose of this for best results I think...I mean of the CLA product... lol not of the other wow!! don't want to be popping too many of the diet pills lol

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah can take up to 9 ed of the ALC CLA but don't know of that is the optimum dosing....

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yah can take up to 9 ed of the ALC CLA but don't know of that is the optimum dosing....
I personally think that 2 tabs / 3 x's a day (6 tabs per day total) is perfect according to the studies I have read and have posted in the beginning of this thread, oh and based on how our FINAFLEX ALC+CLA tabs are dosed.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally think that 2 tabs / 3 x's a day (6 tabs per day total) is perfect according to the studies I have read and have posted in the beginning of this thread, oh and based on how our FINAFLEX ALC+CLA tabs are dosed.
Right in the middle, I know that CLA needs to be dosed fairly high. It's been a while since I've used it though. Yah six pills would be 3.6 grams of CLA and the study says 3.4 so 6 it is... so 3 bottles will do you for 8 weeks. It's a pretty good price too if I remember correctly.

mattbaseball

Awards
why can't I find this online much? Seems to be out of stock everywhere

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why can't I find this online much? Seems to be out of stock everywhere
Yah out of stock at nutra too... Al should chime in with the uptake on the goods...

mattbaseball

Awards
Yah out of stock at nutra too... Al should chime in with the uptake on the goods...
They have been out almost everywhere for 1.5 months. I ordered some Pro Xanthine but held off on this because it worried me

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They have been out almost everywhere for 1.5 months. I ordered some Pro Xanthine but held off on this because it worried me
Matt & DW... Long drawn out story, too many unnecessary details, but I'll break it down for my Home-EEE's... our manufacturer for this particular product (different than our others) was having their way with us prison style Yo, so we dropped them like a bad habit and are kicking it with a totally different manufacturer, hence the huge delay, and we will be producing it as a "Soft-Gel" Yep that is right, take that to the bank, our new ALC + CLA will be a soft-gel, so please be patient, we are working night and day to get it manufactured and back in stock just ASAP!!!

Sorry was listening to some of my old-school rap and had to get that out of my system and get a LiL Gansta wit ya, LoL!!!

mattbaseball

Awards
Matt & DW... Long drawn out story, too many unnecessary details, but I'll break it down for my Home-EEE's... our manufacturer for this particular product (different than our others) was having their way with us prison style Yo, so we dropped them like a bad habit and are kicking it with a totally different manufacturer, hence the huge delay, and we will be producing it as a "Soft-Gel" Yep that is right, take that to the bank, our new ALC + CLA will be a soft-gel, so please be patient, we are working night and day to get it manufactured and back in stock just ASAP!!!

Sorry was listening to some of my old-school rap and had to get that out of my system and get a LiL Gansta wit ya, LoL!!!
SOunds good. Nothing wrong with that. Any signs as to when it will be out? Same format/dosage as the last batch?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SOunds good. Nothing wrong with that. Any signs as to when it will be out? Same format/dosage as the last batch?
Not sure my friend, not sure, but they wanted me to post something about the fact that it is changing over to a gel-cap and when they give me all the info, I promise it will either get it's own thread, be on the Breaking News, &/or this original ALC + CLA post, probably just this original with a link on the breaking news directing people here about it! We'll let ya know!

VolNavy865

Awards
New to the forum, my question is what product of finaflex you would recommend for me. i was just gonna try the 1andro pct, i'm 225lbs 5'11" larger guy but in shape, i want to cut up, no crazy 6 pack just lean. I run a 10min 1.5 mile so i'm not completely outta shape. In the US NAVY so i pt daily USUALLY but currently i'm deployed to cambodia and wont be able to lift weights til august or so. any response would be great, thanks!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
New to the forum, my question is what product of finaflex you would recommend for me. i was just gonna try the 1andro pct, i'm 225lbs 5'11" larger guy but in shape, i want to cut up, no crazy 6 pack just lean. I run a 10min 1.5 mile so i'm not completely outta shape. In the US NAVY so i pt daily USUALLY but currently i'm deployed to cambodia and wont be able to lift weights til august or so. any response would be great, thanks!
Hmmm... no weights? When you say PT daily, are you talking about high impact type stuff (P90-X style) tons of sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, jumping jacks, etc. all bodyweight style exercises. I mean taking one of our PH's (1-ANDRO, EPI-V, or 550-XD) will help you if you are doing regular physical exercise, but it has to be resistance style to see the effects you are wanting to see, does not matter the level of resistance (body weight is just fine), but it has to be regular, preferably 1hr/day 5 days a week, but min. of 1hr/day 3 days a week or in my opinion you are wasting your time and money! Hit me back with some more details and I'll do my best to fit you with a nice PH plan. Oh and BTW... I am totally no making fun of P90X, maybe you won't get huge on it, but you will get leaner and harder and stronger and in damn good shape, but just like anything and what I always say around here on almost every thread at one point in time or another... Consistency...consistency...consistency!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Still looking forward to the new gel cap!

VolNavy865... I would wait until you can hit the weights in August to look into the Finaflex line of PHs. This may also be easier to monitor caloric intake and macro nutrients. On the other hand Finaflex has a ton of great products to get you to August. Supplements I would use as staples if I were in your shoes would include PX-500, ALC+CLA, Ignite 2, G8 and Crea-trona. Again this is just my opinion, but I would like to see you be successful using these PHs!