DCP Combining

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey RPN,

So, I've started DCP recently, as can be seen in my logs.
I wanted to combine this w/ ALCAR/Taurine.

So far, I've been doing 500 mg of Alcar and 500 mg of Taurine w/ my first and last doses of DCP (2 caps) everyday (w/ one dose being preworkout).

What do you think of this for a 240-250 lb male? Should I be upping the dosages?

Also, should I be taking any ALA at the same time? I heard its good to combine w/ ALCAR/PLCAR. I have some bulk Nutracaps of ALA, should I add this in and if so, how big should the dose be?

Thanks,

Monk

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Any advice? Dsade or other supplement gurus?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey RPN,

So, I've started DCP recently, as can be seen in my logs.
I wanted to combine this w/ ALCAR/Taurine.

So far, I've been doing 500 mg of Alcar and 500 mg of Taurine w/ my first and last doses of DCP (2 caps) everyday (w/ one dose being preworkout).

What do you think of this for a 240-250 lb male? Should I be upping the dosages?

Also, should I be taking any ALA at the same time? I heard its good to combine w/ ALCAR/PLCAR. I have some bulk Nutracaps of ALA, should I add this in and if so, how big should the dose be?

Thanks,

Monk
Are you asking about increasing the dosage of DCP, or the ALCAR? Adding in some ALA would be a good idea imo. I'd dose the ALA at (100-200mg)2-3x daily.

Off the top of my head i belive that ALCAR dosed at 1000-2000mg/day is recommended dosing. I think you should benefit well the way you have it set up.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you asking about increasing the dosage of DCP, or the ALCAR? Adding in some ALA would be a good idea imo. I'd dose the ALA at (100-200mg)2-3x daily.

Off the top of my head i belive that ALCAR dosed at 1000-2000mg/day is recommended dosing. I think you should benefit well the way you have it set up.
I was asking about what dosages of Alcar/Taurine/ALA I should be taking, if I am consuming 6 tabs of DCP a day.

I take 3 separate doses of DCP (2 capsules each), with one dose being preworkout. How much of the other substances should I take, and at what timings to be more specific. The nutraplanet ALA caps come in 300mg dosages.

Thanks for the info so far Trauma, any other additional info would be appreciated from you or anyone else.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was asking about what dosages of Alcar/Taurine/ALA I should be taking, if I am consuming 6 tabs of DCP a day.

I take 3 separate doses of DCP (2 capsules each), with one dose being preworkout. How much of the other substances should I take, and at what timings to be more specific. The nutraplanet ALA caps come in 300mg dosages.

Thanks for the info so far Trauma, any other additional info would be appreciated from you or anyone else.
I think if you did the ALA at (300mg) 2xdaily would be more than adequate enough to induce desired effects.

DCP at 6 caps/day good, but you could also try it at 8 caps/day. Taking (2)caps in am, (4)caps pre-workout, and (2)caps in the pm. This dosing pattern seems to be very effective for many users, especially taking 4 caps pre-workout to utilize the effects of oxidized fatty acids into energy. I would take your ALA doses with 2 of your DCP doses. This should help enhance mitochondrial activity equating to more overall intended benefits of fatty acid oxidized energy.

I think the ALCAR at 1000-1500mg/day would be more than enough. Using the ALCAR as you have been should work out well overall.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would use the ALCAR at least an hour after taking the DCP, and at around a gram per dose.

Trauma's ALA recommendation is spot on.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would use the ALCAR at least an hour after taking the DCP, and at around a gram per dose.

Trauma's ALA recommendation is spot on.
So you recommend splitting up the alcar and plcar dosages. Is there any reason for this?

Additionally, is Taurine ok w/ DCP, or should I wait an hour for that to? I'm thinking of maybe a total of 2g a day?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Studies show that taking them apart (even if taking them both) yields overall better effects from each than taking them together.

It is not a huge difference, so if it is more convenient to take them together then go for it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 3
ericool007 Supplements 21
DBee Evomuse 16
bell1986 Evomuse 0
Supplements 1