Atomic Meltdown smell

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else get told they smell like Maple Syrup after using this? I tanned on my lunch break the other day and caugth sh*t all night from all my co-workers and some of my clients that I smelled like maple syrup. I don't mind the smell personally, but got sick of the maple syrup jokes real quick. Any plans for another scent of this Dsade?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone else get told they smell like Maple Syrup after using this? I tanned on my lunch break the other day and caugth sh*t all night from all my co-workers and some of my clients that I smelled like maple syrup. I don't mind the smell personally, but got sick of the maple syrup jokes real quick. Any plans for another scent of this Dsade?
Lol, my wife says the same thing. I kinda like the scent. However, moRE importantly, the product works very well. I can't believe the color i got from only one session. Maybe we can get an abercrombie "fierce" scent. The chicks would be crawling out of the woodwork haha!

Last edited:
jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I don't like the smell either. I don't hate it though.

Something more cologne like would be a better idea, IMO. I think you are on to something Trauma.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Lol, my wife says the same thing. I kinda like the scent. However, moRE importantly, the product works very well. I can't believe the color i got from only one session. Maybe we can get an abercrombie "fierce" scent. The chicks would be crawling out of the woodwork haha!
Oh yes, it works amazingly well. I tried telling them, "I think I smell more like coffee." They stuck with maple syrup. A cologne scent would rock!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The problem is covering the smell of the ingredients, most notably the Cissus and the Green Coffee Bean extract, which are VERY earthy, and the Napalm which is also...unique. Most of the more innocuous scents just didn't do it. The Java scent was developed to cover these very ingredients, which is why we went with it.

What I AM working on is a sort of "after tan mist" that will somewhat eliminate/reduce the residual scent .

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We would have to do two versions of this if we were to even try to use it as a cover scent..ladies don't want to smell like guys cologne!

We want to go big with this one and put it in tanning salons nationwide. So there would be more of ladies market than there is here..lol

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh yes, it works amazingly well. I tried telling them, "I think I smell more like coffee." They stuck with maple syrup. A cologne scent would rock!
To shut them up you could always say since I smell sticky sweet does it make you want to lick me all over..lol..actually in this day and age you cant because of the harassment laws. But I bet it would shut them up!

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
To shut them up you could always say since I smell sticky sweet does it make you want to lick me all over..lol..actually in this day and age you cant because of the harassment laws. But I bet it would shut them up!
I work with mostly dudes....:run:

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
The problem is covering the smell of the ingredients, most notably the Cissus and the Green Coffee Bean extract, which are VERY earthy, and the Napalm which is also...unique. Most of the more innocuous scents just didn't do it. The Java scent was developed to cover these very ingredients, which is why we went with it.

What I AM working on is a sort of "after tan mist" that will somewhat eliminate/reduce the residual scent .
I LOVE the smell of Napalm. Also the awesome burn after a quick shave in the shower. Exhilirating! If the after tan mist is the best idea than I guess you just get more of my money! Can you say combo pack.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
I thought i was the only one that heard the maple syrup comments. I was in the bank the other day depositing a check and the teller was like "do you smell syrup" lol. I told her that i didnt smell anything. :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought i was the only one that heard the maple syrup comments. I was in the bank the other day depositing a check and the teller was like "do you smell syrup" lol. I told her that i didnt smell anything. :)
"Baby, that's just the sweet smell of my money."

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My trainer hates the smell, so I make sure to tan right before I train;)

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. I don't mind it, but got tired of hearing comments all day.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So it's a potent product ?! And works as advertised ? I spent ten minutes with the lady at the Darque Tan counter the other day, having her explain the different lotions they've got .... STARTING @ $50 for the cheapest one ! At the moment I'm not using any tanning lotion, only doing EOD sessions in level 1 beds to keep skin clear and color mild, but if this is truly an effective product within a couple sessions, I'd be down in a heartbeat !

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So it's a potent product ?! And works as advertised ? I spent ten minutes with the lady at the Darque Tan counter the other day, having her explain the different lotions they've got .... STARTING @ $50 for the cheapest one ! At the moment I'm not using any tanning lotion, only doing EOD sessions in level 1 beds to keep skin clear and color mild, but if this is truly an effective product within a couple sessions, I'd be down in a heartbeat !

The smell is pody but so are the results! I can speak from great experience. My gf hates me for it and ill be pickin her up some once her bottles of "OC" runs out. I too get the maple syrup smell but my color also looks like maple syrup! Dark and lucious! :lol:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When this hits the salons it probably will be between $55 and $60. The reason the price is so low now is that we are still doing our marketing materials in order to hit the main tanning product distributors, so we figured Nutra has been VERY good to us, as have all the loyal customers, so we would debut it at an insanely low price.

Don't let the price fool you - in doing the research on tanning lotions, I probably dropped over $600 in various lotions to gauge effectiveness...Atomic Meltdown is a superior product all around.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I did the same thing last night There were lotion for $80 bucks a bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guys let me assure you Atomic Meltdown is the real deal. I'm 2-sessions in and the results are already seriously astounding! :D

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I did the same thing last night There were lotion for $80 bucks a bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh man, I meant they BEGUN at $50 bucks, and I believe this Darque Tan maxed out at around $200 for one of their products. SICK !

Anyway, I just got to give props to all active members in this forum, I find myself getting an answer to everything I question, and in record time. It's more convenient than the damn 'search button' every other @sshole on all other forums tell you to try out when wondering something.

I'll make sure to throw a bottle of the Meltdown in my next Nutra order. I'm fairly light-skinned, blonde hair, blue eyes - typically Scandinavian, so you think I'll have any issues with the 'tingling' effects and redness and whatnot ? You think I'll still reap the benefits ?

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just for comparison measure .. Does anyone have any before- and after pictures ? Of any kind ?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh man, I meant they BEGUN at $50 bucks, and I believe this Darque Tan maxed out at around $200 for one of their products. SICK !

Anyway, I just got to give props to all active members in this forum, I find myself getting an answer to everything I question, and in record time. It's more convenient than the damn 'search button' every other @sshole on all other forums tell you to try out when wondering something.

I'll make sure to throw a bottle of the Meltdown in my next Nutra order. I'm fairly light-skinned, blonde hair, blue eyes - typically Scandinavian, so you think I'll have any issues with the 'tingling' effects and redness and whatnot ? You think I'll still reap the benefits ?
Me and Trauma are both Irish and im pretty sure were both pretty light skinned, i know i am anyways, blue eyes fair complexion etc, and ive never had this nice of a color from a product. It does "tingle" a bit but nothing horrible. Its very nice and im positive you will enjoy it. Its good stuff! :cheers:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just for comparison measure .. Does anyone have any before- and after pictures ? Of any kind ?
Use the damn search button.

j/k...there are some good before and after pics at both Mindandmuscle.net and BB.com, as well as one of the logs here.

I'm afraid you will have to run a search for them, though, as our webguy has not had a chance to compile.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Irish, Blue eyes, and light skinned here as 3clipse said. So far, great results!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should think about picking up some MagnaForm for those DDs of yours.
Just as soon as my brah Dsade hooks it up. :D ;)

So you're saying you don't like the DD's lol?

God i love my avy........giggity, giggity, giggity!

Last edited:
3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hahaha yall are funny.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Me and Trauma are both Irish and im pretty sure were both pretty light skinned, i know i am anyways, blue eyes fair complexion etc, and ive never had this nice of a color from a product. It does "tingle" a bit but nothing horrible. Its very nice and im positive you will enjoy it. Its good stuff! :cheers:
That's all I needed to hear !!

PhoebeusFenix

Awards
Gotta say I love meltdown, used it twice now, both in a row, 20 minutes each....love the results...but the gym I work at and tan at pretty much told me I couldnt use it anymore because of the smell, well screw them, ill just go give my money elsewhere.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotta say I love meltdown, used it twice now, both in a row, 20 minutes each....love the results...but the gym I work at and tan at pretty much told me I couldnt use it anymore because of the smell, well screw them, ill just go give my money elsewhere.
We have actually just reduced the scent concentration, due to this complaint.

The results wont change, but the scent is MUCH less pronounced and doesn't not permeate.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad to hear that the smell is being dialed down. The syrup smell is nice for a few days but it gets to be too much and people complain. My wife is using meltdown and loves it but my house smells like syrup and even my bed sheets. It's just too much.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm glad to hear that the smell is being dialed down. The syrup smell is nice for a few days but it gets to be too much and people complain. My wife is using meltdown and loves it but my house smells like syrup and even my bed sheets. It's just too much.
I agree....you and your little "love waffle" will be VERY pleased with the dialed-down scent.