Gut health and the flu

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Came down with a nasty case of the flu. Every cell in my body aches. Been taking 1 gut health a day. Would upping the dose be beneficial? Luckily I don't have the pukes, but I'm sure as hell not hungry either.

Also open to other helpful ideas. Taking TheraFlu to help with symptoms. Drinking lots of water, gatoraide. Mixing protien powder in with oj as needed.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I know a few people take 2 a day as a loading phase, others take 2 a day for maintenance. When are you taking it?

I think dsade mentioned taking it before bed on an empty stomach, maybe start there and then up the dose if you feel necessary.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Bob I have been taking it in the morning. Thats about the only time my gut is empty usually

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Bob I have been taking it in the morning. Thats about the only time my gut is empty usually
Yeah I think the emptiness part is just to ensure that nothing interferes with the little nasties taking care of your innards. I'm so glad I ripped in to my new bottles last night, 2 weeks on a different probiotic made me a smelly person to be around. But funny! :run: <---not dust from me running fast...

Gut Health: "especially effective when used in conjunction with diets high in protien."

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GUT Health is enteric coated. You don't need to take it on an empty stomach.

Yes, upping the dosage if you feel yourself fighting something nasty off WOULD be a very good idea.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
GUT Health is enteric coated. You don't need to take it on an empty stomach.

Yes, upping the dosage if you feel yourself fighting something nasty off WOULD be a very good idea.
Ive read from numerous sources that theres really no such thing as too many probiotics... is this the case D?

i felt a little sick on Monday... upped from 1/ed to 3/ed mon - tuesday and i feel indestructible today.

ps...waiting on larger bottle of Gut health!!!! thank god my next bottle just arrived bc i only have 2 caps left!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Came down with a nasty case of the flu. Every cell in my body aches. Been taking 1 gut health a day. Would upping the dose be beneficial? Luckily I don't have the pukes, but I'm sure as hell not hungry either.

Also open to other helpful ideas. Taking TheraFlu to help with symptoms. Drinking lots of water, gatoraide. Mixing protien powder in with oj as needed.
Hey red! It does not matter when you take it, or if you take it with or without food. It's enteric coated meaning it is able to withstand gastric transit of the stomach and break down in the small intestine(jejunum) where it yields its effects.

How long ago did you start taking gut health? How long have you been symptomatic? It may infact help to decrease the actual duration of the illness by up to a few days. In gut health's probiotic effects of balancing the intestinal flora, you limit the amount of effort the immune system needs to intervene to maintain intestinal homeostasis. This is turn equates to less stress on the immune system in general allowing it to concentrate on other areas of concern throughout the body.

Increasing the dose to 2-3 capsules/day may help at this point. Increase your vitamin C intake to 1000-1500mg/day. Keep fluid intake high as you've been doing. Get well soon, and keep us updated red. :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive read from numerous sources that theres really no such thing as too many probiotics... is this the case D?

i felt a little sick on Monday... upped from 1/ed to 3/ed mon - tuesday and i feel indestructible today.

ps...waiting on larger bottle of Gut health!!!! thank god my next bottle just arrived bc i only have 2 caps left!!!
It's good stuff! Dave likes his gut health lol. :cheers:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, we lucked out. Turns out we can use the same exact label die for the larger bottle. This speeds up release time immensely.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
It's good stuff! Dave likes his gut health lol. :cheers:
i couldnt find my bottle for like 3 days last month... i was pissed :numbered:

love my healthy gut

i can enjoy myself on a cheat day and not risk burning the house down from toxic gas releases

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i couldnt find my bottle for like 3 days last month... i was pissed :numbered:

love my healthy gut

i can enjoy myself on a cheat day and not risk burning the house down from toxic gas releases
Lol! :lol:

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies! I got in on the Gut Health/Java lather deal early last week... So been taking it for about a week, but only at 1 a day. I'll bump that up to 3 a day. Started feeling sick saturday night, and by sunday it was pretty much full blown flu. Thank God I'm off work today and tomorrow!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the replies! I got in on the Gut Health/Java lather deal early last week... So been taking it for about a week, but only at 1 a day. I'll bump that up to 3 a day. Started feeling sick saturday night, and by sunday it was pretty much full blown flu. Thank God I'm off work today and tomorrow!
Sounds good. You need to have that loading phase when you first take gut health to maximize effects, and then followed with a dose to maintain effects at 1 capsule/day. It's during the loading phase that the battle takes place within the intestinal tract with the end result being a balanced bacterial flora and healthier immune system overall.

Sometimes the lactobacillus casei ke-99(gut helath) may not effectively attach to enteric sites in the intestines and limit colonization of the probiotic bacteria. This can happen for many reasons. However, Gut Health(Lactobacillus Casei KE-99) has proven in studies to be very efficient in attaching to enteric intestinal sites and producing effective colonization. That is why this strain was chosen.

If effects are not noted after the 5 day loading period, it's recommended to increase dosing for a short time period to enhance efforts of probiotic bacterial attachment and effective colonization. After effective probiotic bacteria colonization has been successfully attained, the probiotic bacteria acts in a competitive exclusion of many of the pathogenic bacteria/threats that exist. The end result being a healthier more nutrient absorbing state.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Well I am very happy to report that today I am without symptoms. In fact, I feel great. Started feeling better yesterday afternoon. I even got a light leg workout in at the gym today.

I sure hope none of you get that $hit.... Its a nasty strain of flu. And thanks for all the replies... I'm sure that Gut Health played a role in my quick recovery.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I might have to try this gut health down the road....

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I am very happy to report that today I am without symptoms. In fact, I feel great. Started feeling better yesterday afternoon. I even got a light leg workout in at the gym today.

I sure hope none of you get that $hit.... Its a nasty strain of flu. And thanks for all the replies... I'm sure that Gut Health played a role in my quick recovery.
Great to hear red! Even more of a reason to incorporate it into everyday supplementation. :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been spending quite a bit of time explaining to the patent holder, and my production rep, the sheer quality of life value that GUT Health holds.

I will be working with them on ways to cut costs down (my specialty) and try to get GUT health down to an even more reasonable cost in the future.

For now, we finalized the price for the 75 count, which should run around $27.50 a bottle.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
For now, we finalized the price for the 75 count, which should run around $27.50 a bottle.
That's what I like to hear. Red, glad you're feeling better too.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now I'm sick:(:(
GUT health does NOT, I repeat does NOT treat mental illness. Please seek advice from a medical professional.

/5150

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
GUT health does NOT, I repeat does NOT treat mental illness. Please seek advice from a medical professional.

/5150
I must have been mentally ill to marry you..after all you are the one who got me sick..coughing all over the place.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I must have been mentally ill to marry you..after all you are the one who got me sick..coughing all over the place.
You told me you caught it from all the wild and crazy intimate contact (you know...cheek kisses and hand holding).

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You told me you caught it from all the wild and crazy intimate contact (you know...cheek kisses and hand holding).
I should have coated myself in Slick Pleasures! It might have put a silicone barrier between me and your germs!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I should have coated myself in Slick Pleasures! It might have put a silicone barrier between me and your germs!
Might I recommend latex?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought you had a latex allergy princess?
That's just what I told you to get out of donning my raincoat.

/i prefer getting wet right along with my environment.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established

I'd pay money for that picture ;)

Hope you feel better quick!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd pay money for that picture ;)

Hope you feel better quick!
LOL thanks. I worked in powder coating for 5 years so it has destroyed my lungs. Anything I get respiratory hangs on forever.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL thanks. I worked in powder coating for 5 years so it has destroyed my lungs. Anything I get respiratory hangs on forever.
You told me all the heavy breathing was because I was so sexy.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well the fever has set in today and I'm officially miserable. I'm snowed in with my kids:( and they are bored already. I need to figure out a protocal of things to help knock this out by Monday.