dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Samples are on the way.

Once approved, look for the product within 3 weeks.

THIS one is going to be a very good product for us, and the quality assurance has slowed it down significantly. It will be well worth it.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hmmm interesting...

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
RPN....where they have better QA for dog products than many companies do for human supplements

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i personally really like how rpn makes all these different products for so many different needs

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wafer treats for dogs with 2g (I believe) of Omega-3 per wafer.
Correct....and we already have an enhanced/improved design in mind, with Brewer's Yeast (B-vitamins) and a garlic extract (for flavor, but also more heart/coat health - not to mention some flea control).

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, how do they taste and how many can I fit in my book-bag?

In all seriousness, I'm down for some of these for my Beagachu (beagle/chihuahua mix...don't ask).

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
the little lady in my avy could use some of these too :cheers:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In all seriousness, I'm down for some of these for my Beagachu (beagle/chihuahua mix...don't ask).
Is that a pokemon?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually, yes...here's one of my dog's first Pokemon challenges...it's not pretty!

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait for these...Maybe it'll make our retarded ass Yorkie slightly less retarded...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't wait for these...Maybe it'll make our retarded ass Yorkie slightly less retarded...
Samples were finished yesterday (whew...I have an important business meeting with a potential investor this weekend) and will arrive today.

This turned out to be a big pain in the ass, yielding a 3.7 gram wafer with 1 gram of EPA/DHA per.

Thinking a bottle of 120 wafers. Should have pricing soon, but we'll be doing the taste experiments with the Mastiffs this weekend.

propho

Awards
  • Established
awesome finally something that will be healthy for my pesky dogs.. I hate giving them the other junk we buy..

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like Sample versions 2 and 3 are in production.

Sample version 2 is another try at the wafers, with added garlic powder and brewer's yeast to add flavor and function. The first version did not hold together well enough to market.

Sample version 3 is a MOIST extruded treat, using all organic ingredients (except for the fish oil, which cannot be certified). My personal feeling is that this one will be amazing.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow...talk about a fasttrack. I found a great fish oil supplier, and had a meeting with the CEO of the production facility.

This facility is massive, and we are really a small company here, but the idea struck enough merit that they CLEARED the schedule for next week just to run a batch of the FidOmega.

We should have our samples within 2 weeks, and we will go ahead and release a beta.

Good news...looks like the Organic designator is approved, and we are including a small portion of peanut butter in the treats for moistness and flavor. These should be a massive hit!!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wafer treats for dogs with 2g (I believe) of Omega-3 per wafer.
Very cute idea for our furry friends! I don't have a dog yet, but am thinking about getting a puppy later this year.

I do have 2 cats, though. Can we possibly look forward to a MeOmega?... or something of that sort. lol

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This can actually be used for either one if you can get them to eat it. Just break it in half.

This is barring that the facility is able to run these and it passes testing.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very cute idea for our furry friends! I don't have a dog yet, but am thinking about getting a puppy later this year.

I do have 2 cats, though. Can we possibly look forward to a MeOmega?... or something of that sort. lol
Meowmega (yes, that is probably the name) is coming afterwards. They will be smaller sized.

The product has split into two formats - one is a dry wafer containing fish oil, garlic, and brewer's yeast which will also help scrape teeth clean. The second is going to be a delicious moist treat.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your ideas just keep on getting better and better.

Meowmega (yes, that is probably the name) is coming afterwards. They will be smaller sized.

The product has split into two formats - one is a dry wafer containing fish oil, garlic, and brewer's yeast which will also help scrape teeth clean. The second is going to be a delicious moist treat.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your ideas just keep on getting better and better.
Thanks...as the business grows and we are able to actually make all the ideas into reality.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Can't wait.. Will save me from using fish oil, in a pump bottle.

Let me know if ya need a "beta tester" she says she is game..lol

Last edited:
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When i eventually get my new doberman, he'll surely be receiving some fidOmega goodness.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the samples came in today, and they were a bit different than expected.

We ended up with a heart-shaped semi hard organic peanut butter and fish oil treat. I was pissed for about 20 minutes until we went around the neighborhood testing them out on the local dogs..My god these are a HUGE hit.

Going to adjust the fish oil content as high as possible, then bring these out right away. IN the end, I am pleased with the end product.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My mastiffs liked these. However it took a minute to get them to eat them, then after that they ate about 5 of them:blink:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the samples came in today, and they were a bit different than expected.

We ended up with a heart-shaped semi hard organic peanut butter and fish oil treat. I was pissed for about 20 minutes until we went around the neighborhood testing them out on the local dogs..My god these are a HUGE hit.

Going to adjust the fish oil content as high as possible, then bring these out right away. IN the end, I am pleased with the end product.
Great to hear. This product is very impressive. I'm working on aquiring my new doberman as we speak through a breeder i know. He'll surely be getting some fidOmega goodness! :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how long till we can order some?
We went ahead and worked late into the night last night, prepping and ordering all of the packaging supplies. Should be able to knock this out within 2 weeks.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
great to hear, I just got a puppy this past week too.

don't lie dsade, did you taste it yourself? :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
any new upates on fido. my puppy cant wait
The treats are on the way here, and Nutra has already pledged full support of the project.

They will be available for purchase sometime next week!

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
price range/count?

also, I would assume there is a different dosage for different size dogs, right?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The treats are on the way here, and Nutra has already pledged full support of the project.

They will be available for purchase sometime next week!

Very nice bud. Dogs everywhere have already begun to rejoice haha! I hope to have my new pup by the end of the month so he/she too can enjoy the fidOmega goodness! :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
price range/count?

also, I would assume there is a different dosage for different size dogs, right?
The final product will contain 200mg of molecularly distilled fish oil each. They are made with ORGANIC grains and natural peanut butter, and are about 7-8 grams each. The taste testing is a SMASHING success from all test pets.

Each bag will contain around 65-70 treats (about 16-20 ounces) and will retail for $9.95-$11.95

There will be dosage guidelines for different weights. We give our Cattle Dog around 1 (occasionally 2) per day (still a pup) and our 2 English Mastiffs get about 3-4 a day.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
The final product will contain 200mg of molecularly distilled fish oil each. They are made with ORGANIC grains and natural peanut butter, and are about 7-8 grams each. The taste testing is a SMASHING success from all test pets.

Each bag will contain around 65-70 treats (about 16-20 ounces) and will retail for $9.95-$11.95

There will be dosage guidelines for different weights. We give our Cattle Dog around 1 (occasionally 2) per day (still a pup) and our 2 English Mastiffs get about 3-4 a day.
peanut butter huh? hope my dog doesnt get mad if I try a few :toofunny: I will def be picking this up

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
peanut butter huh? hope my dog doesnt get mad if I try a few :toofunny: I will def be picking this up
If not for the ever so slight fish oil scent, the treats smell like Nutter Butter cookies!!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
great to hear, I just got a puppy this past week too.

don't lie dsade, did you taste it yourself? :)
If I can ever get back on my feet I will be ordering some of these...I'll take one for the team and split one with the pooch and report back :D

I'll eat just about anything once, lol...:fool2:

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Cant wait to get these for my dog.... i HATE giving him anything with CRUDE protein/fat/carbs... which is why me and the gf make homemade food for him

its amazing how much healthier they look and they act on real food. my dog was a lump when i got him... after a few weeks on real food...he became very energetic

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cant wait to get these for my dog.... i HATE giving him anything with CRUDE protein/fat/carbs... which is why me and the gf make homemade food for him

its amazing how much healthier they look and they act on real food. my dog was a lump when i got him... after a few weeks on real food...he became very energetic
I'm coming to your house for dinner.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

What do you make for him. my mastiffs are going on a food strike and getting thinner. I can't do a raw diet because they fight over food.

tattoopierced1

Great to hear. This product is very impressive. I'm working on aquiring my new doberman as we speak through a breeder i know. He'll surely be getting some fidOmega goodness! :D
I have a great breeder for Dobies a little south of Columbus if you are interested. Got my dobie girl from there and she was well worth the $$ paid.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a great breeder for Dobies a little south of Columbus if you are interested. Got my dobie girl from there and she was well worth the $$ paid.
Beware...nothing good comes out of Columbus, I hear.

tattoopierced1

Beware...nothing good comes out of Columbus, I hear.
well its closer to Cincy than Columbus.. right outside of Kings Island actually. cant wait for Christine to read your response ;)

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
is it near MASON? Yes, there is a town in Ohio named after me! :dance: