Gut Health

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This ones for all you stinky guys out there. As well as the protein intolerant and IBS crowd . Probiotics are bacterical flora that dwell in the intestines, allowing the nutrients we ingest to be utilized by the body. Modern diet, stress, and training all compromise the health of the Gut, leading to sickness, gas, indigestion, and wasted nutrients - not to mention contribute to sickness. GUT Health contains a strong, hearty strain of Lactobacillus casei, called KE99. THis university studied probiotic has been shown to:

-Reduces/eliminates protein related GI distress/gas
-Bolsters intestinal membranes, increasing the effectiveness of digestion
-detaches/destroys pathogens
-bolsters immune function
-prevents bowel irritation/helps IBS
-reduces Nitrogen excretion/increases protein absorption

This strain is shelf stable (requires no refrigeration) and enteric coated, dissolved in oil. GUT Health...for Vital Digestion and Optimal Results.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GUT HEALTH INGREDIENTS/DOSING​

Label Data
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 35 or 75

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Lactobacillus CaseiKE-99(Live, Viable Organisms) 1 billion organisms **

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
** Percent Daily Values not established.

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Vegetable Cellulose (Capsule), Extra-Virgin Olive Oil

Standard Recommended Dosing Pattern
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules daily for 5 days. Then continue dosing with 1 capsule daily for maintenance of desired effects.

Recommended Dosing For Initial Non-Responders​

Now some people may require a more aggressive frontloading approach with gut health to establish the initial intestinal flora balance and maximize its benefits. In these circumstances i would suggest 3-4 capsules/day for the first 5 days, followed by the normal maintenance dose of 1 capsule/daily thereafter to sustain effects.

Additional Information:

Please note, during the loading phase you may experience an increase in flatulence, and minor gastro-intestinal issues. This is the direct result of Gut Health competetively excluding the undersireable bacteria. Once the probiotic bacteria of Gut Health has reached effective colonization within the intestinal tract, these symptoms will subside. This typically can last for the first 5-7 days.

Last edited:
Tighe

Tighe

Awards
oh ****, I didn't mean to put this here and screw your sticky, I was going to put it in the gut health/ java lather deal page. Want me to delete it, or have the mods cane me?

Last edited:
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh ****, I didn't mean to put this here and screw you're sticky, I was going to put it in the gut health/ java lather deal page? Want me to delete it, or have the mods cane me?
Don't worry about it. It adds charachter and comic relief to the sticky haha!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
oh ****, I didn't mean to put this here and screw your sticky, I was going to put it in the gut health/ java lather deal page. Want me to delete it, or have the mods cane me?
Lol I vote for the cane beating!!:rasp:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A caning it shall be! haha :bruce1:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I found this study that tested the use of probiotics in treating common cold(rhinovirus), and influenza. More evidence to support one of the many amazing health benefits Gut Health provides:

Vaccine. 2006 Nov 10;24 (44-46):6670-4 16844267
Probiotic bacteria reduced duration and severity but not the incidence of common cold episodes in a double blind, randomized, controlled trial. [My paper] Michael de Vrese , Petra Winkler , Peter Rautenberg , Timm Harder , Christian Noah , Christiane Laue , Stephan Ott , Jochen Hampe , Stefan Schreiber , Knut Heller , Jürgen Schrezenmeir

To investigate the effect of long-term consumption of probiotic bacteria on viral respiratory tract infections (common cold, influenza), a randomized, double blind, controlled intervention study was performed during two winter/spring periods (3 and 5 month). Four hundred and seventy-nine healthy adults were supplemented daily with vitamins plus minerals with or without probiotic lactobacilli and bifidobacteria. The intake of the probiotic had no effect on the incidence of common cold infections (verum=158, control=153 episodes, influenza was not observed), but significantly shortened duration of episodes by almost 2 days (7.0+/-0.5 versus 8.9+/-1.0 days, p=0.045), reduced the severity of symptoms and led to larger increases in cytotoxic T plus T suppressor cell counts and in T helper cell counts.

icanrace

icanrace

Awards
when is the best time to take this? I assume first thing in the morning or before bed on an empty stomach.?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
when is the best time to take this? I assume first thing in the morning or before bed on an empty stomach.?
I prefer before bed.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is a very good article that demonstrates the therapeutic effects of probiotic use and the health benefits that result.

Gut Health(Lactobacillus Casei KE-99 strain)utilizes all these probiotic mechanisms of action, and was chosen for its superior ability to adhere to enteric sites within the intestinal tract and produce effective colonization. This allows the 'good bacteria' to exhibit their effect of competetive exclusion of the pathogenic bacteria. The end result is a more balanced bacterial flora creating a healthier more nutrient efficient you.

http://www.calicutmedicaljournal.org/2006/4/4/e3.pdf

Last edited:

KMW

Awards
I have a question:

Background- I had a 6pack on friday night (could be relivant)
I felt fine allday saturday and I ate buffet chinese saturday night (cheat weekend ;) ). I woke up in the middle of the night saturday and talked on the big white phone to the porcelain gods and sunday felt hungover and constipated. today (monday) ive had the worst case of the ****s i've ever had(10+ times). mostly liquid if you catch my drift.

question: could it be gut health thats causing the IB ive had today? ive been on this for 2 weeks. did a strong loading at 3caps for 4 days, 2caps for 4 days, then 1cap/day since. should I step back up, or go off the gut health? (or i suppose stay at 1/day and see what happens)?

thansk

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would tend to blame it on the combo of beer and Chinese buffet, which is notorious (MSG, anyone) for setting off GI problems.

icanrace

icanrace

Awards
I would tend to blame it on the combo of beer and Chinese buffet, which is notorious (MSG, anyone) for setting off GI problems.
I would have to agree 100% with this cat :run:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a question:

Background- I had a 6pack on friday night (could be relivant)
I felt fine allday saturday and I ate buffet chinese saturday night (cheat weekend ;) ). I woke up in the middle of the night saturday and talked on the big white phone to the porcelain gods and sunday felt hungover and constipated. today (monday) ive had the worst case of the ****s i've ever had(10+ times). mostly liquid if you catch my drift.

question: could it be gut health thats causing the IB ive had today? ive been on this for 2 weeks. did a strong loading at 3caps for 4 days, 2caps for 4 days, then 1cap/day since. should I step back up, or go off the gut health? (or i suppose stay at 1/day and see what happens)?

thansk
Probiotics and alcohol should not be consumed at the same time because the beneficial bacteria in probiotics may be damaged by alcohol making them ineffective in their intended purpose.

Check out this abstract:Elsevier

This sentence from that abstract says it all:

"Consumption of large quantities of alcoholic beverages leads to disturbances in the intestinal absorption of nutrients including several vitamins. The inhibition of the absorption of sodium and water caused by alcohol contributes to the tendency in alcoholics to develop diarrhea."

Alcohol(ETOH) prevents reabsorbtion of sodium(MSG:which is known in itself to cause significant gastrointestinal issues in some people)and water within the small and large intestinal tract. Your large intestine(colon) in particular is responsible for most of the reabsorbtion of excess water prior to fecal defecation. If this process is disrupted or inhibited in any way, you can end up with diarrhea as an end result. Add MSG's gastric irritant effects and you've exacerbated the whole process. You provided yourself the perfect environment for this to take place.

Many factors in our own lifestyles can influence the status of our own endogenous bacterial flora. Stress, alcohol/toxins, and poor nutrient intake all can contribute to an unstable intestinal environment in which probiotics and their effects can be significatly blunted.

This may or may not happen everytime, but the risk is always there.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I noticed gut health is out at nutra. Is there still plans on making Gut Health in larger quantities ?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed gut health is out at nutra. Is there still plans on making Gut Health in larger quantities ?
Yep...just approved the labels and it should be completed within 2-3 weeks.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just received my Gut Health and am looking to do the loading phase.

What is the optimal way to do this? On an empty stomach?

Should I take one right upon waking and one at bed time?
Or should I just take both at bedtime (for the loading phase)?

Thanks,

MOnk

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would take it all at bedtime ESPECIALLY during the loading phase.

/loading phase can cause some increased flatulence at first that you can "clear" in the morning before going out in public.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just received my Gut Health and am looking to do the loading phase.

What is the optimal way to do this? On an empty stomach?

Should I take one right upon waking and one at bed time?
Or should I just take both at bedtime (for the loading phase)?

Thanks,

MOnk
Gut Health contains enteric coated capsules, so it doesn't matter taking it with or without food. This coating allows the probiotics to reach the intestine intact where they begin to attach and colonize.

Like Dsade said, it's best to take the whole dose before bedtime.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What are a few signs that the loading phase has been successful?

Also, is gut health affected at all if one eats a high fiber diet (30+ grams a day)?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are a few signs that the loading phase has been successful?

Also, is gut health affected at all if one eats a high fiber diet (30+ grams a day)?
During the loading phase you may experience some Gastro-intestinal discomfort. This happens because the probiotic bacteria in Gut Health are fighting for ground in your digestive tract by means of competetively excluding the pathogenic bacteria. After the loading period is over, these symptoms should vanish as the good bacteria take the upper hand within the G.I.tract. This is when all the great benefits of Gut Health begin.

There should be no negative effects on Gut Health if you take in a high fiber diet. If anything, it will assist in regulating a more normal bowel movement pattern.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I'm on my first bottle and LOVING this stuff, my digestion is better, and I have a bit of a cold but it seems to be going away super fast and i didn't get it NEARLY as bad as the ppl i work with, i think it's because i'm still in the loading phase.

On a side note Dsade you ever considered making a probiotic lozenge for colds? I've heard of such a thing before. I actually bit open a Gut Health cap and swished it around in my mouth then swallowed, may sound wacky but we'll see if it helps, lol

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
:sick::eek:
I'm on my first bottle and LOVING this stuff, my digestion is better, and I have a bit of a cold but it seems to be going away super fast and i didn't get it NEARLY as bad as the ppl i work with, i think it's because i'm still in the loading phase.

On a side note Dsade you ever considered making a probiotic lozenge for colds? I've heard of such a thing before. I actually bit open a Gut Health cap and swished it around in my mouth then swallowed, may sound wacky but we'll see if it helps, lol
:sick::eek: But let us know how that went for you:)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

We actually ARE looking at something like this. Probiotics are proving to be VERY effective at killing (and preventing reproduction of) pathogenic MOUTH bacteria. We are looking at making something like either a lozenge or a tooth "gel" to smear in your mouth before bed. Initial studies show that it prevents the bacteria that cause decay and bad breath during the night from proliferating - meaning you can wake up with fresh breath.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Glad to see you are enjoying the effects chaps. :D I myself have never heard of probiotic lozenges. In all honesty, i'm not sure the theory would hold a lot of merit overall. The immune boosting properties that are noted from Gut Health are due it taking some of the burden off the Immune system as a whole. This allows it to function more efficiently and effectively. Zinc lozenges are really the only lozenge that i've ever read with studies to back it being effective overall in reducing rhino virus symptom duration. This is due to its properties of inhibiting viral replication.

By balancing your intestinal flora, you help alleviate the immune systems intervention to maintain homeostasis which allows it to focus on other potential pathological threats.

Dealing with a virus(Rhino Virus/Cold Virus) can be tricky. Boosting your overall immune systems response is the key to reducing the duration/severity of a viral illness/syndrome.

Edit: This was in response to addressing the viral component of illness. Bacterial is a whole different story. :D

jpk

jpk

Awards
Crader: Could you see about a similar product for all the stinky gals out there? : )

Trauma: I'm going to Mexico in June and have heard it's a good idea to load with yogurt before and during the trip for gut protection. Is the same active flora in yogurt the main ingredient in Gut Health? If so, this could be a great supp for anyone going south of the border. (if so, bump this idea to the RPN marketing team!)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Crader: Could you see about a similar product for all the stinky gals out there? : )

Trauma: I'm going to Mexico in June and have heard it's a good idea to load with yogurt before and during the trip for gut protection. Is the same active flora in yogurt the main ingredient in Gut Health? If so, this could be a great supp for anyone going south of the border. (if so, bump this idea to the RPN marketing team!)
Our Gut Health product is equally effective in males as females. Have her give it a try. ;)

I absolutely recommend it my friend. However, avoid the water at all costs! ;) We chose the probiotic bacteria in Gut Health(Lactobacillus Casei Ke-99) for many reasons. The lactobacillus species in general are contained within yougurt. The strain we chose(Lactobacillus Casei Ke-99) has shown through numerous university studies to be superior in attaching within the intestinal tract and producing effective colonization of the probiotic bacteria(essentially this means the bacteria is able to proliferate and multiply reaching levels capable of challenging the pathogenic bacteria for superiority within the G.I Tract.)

I say load up on Gut Health and have fun in mexico!! :D

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
:sick::eek::sick::eek: But let us know how that went for you:)
So far no dice, i'm going to my doctor's tommorow, then mega-dosing Gut Health after i get off the anti-biotics. It's weird i have energy it's just my throat KILLS!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Like Trauma mentioned its fine for females to take it. I do!

Chaps hope you feel better soon:(

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
: )

This is an angle we are taking....as soon as funding permits, we are going to begin marketing GUT health in SkyMall and trying to get it into airport gift shops.

We are also looking to place the product into some of the larger Truck Stop chains, as very few people have as many digestive issues as trucker drivers.

jpk

jpk

Awards
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Here's my dilemma now. I've gotten an Rx for Amoxicillen for this Mexico trip. But I'm afraid to take it with the Gut Health because it might just wipe out all the lactobacter bugs I'm trying to grow. How should I approach this?

Should I take the Amoxicillen during the trip, just to be safe against the nasty dysentery bugs? Should I pre-load and post-load with Gut Health and lay off during the trip?

I want to be the tan, muscular guy at the pool. Not the stinky guy with diarrhea!:bb2:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Here's my dilemma now. I've gotten an Rx for Amoxicillen for this Mexico trip. But I'm afraid to take it with the Gut Health because it might just wipe out all the lactobacter bugs I'm trying to grow. How should I approach this?

Should I take the Amoxicillen during the trip, just to be safe against the nasty dysentery bugs? Should I pre-load and post-load with Gut Health and lay off during the trip?

I want to be the tan, muscular guy at the pool. Not the stinky guy with diarrhea!:bb2:
To be completely honest, the odds are MUCH more likely that any illness that you could aquire would most likely be a viral gastroenteritis(stomach flu), thus antibiotics would be completely pointless. Just take your gut health daily and have a good time. Gut Health won't let you down.....not even in mexico! :D

bg5757

Board Supporter
Awards
RPN reps:

My mother was recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and I'm wondering if Gut Health would be of benefit to her with this condition. Because she doesn't want to take the prescription drugs her doctor recommended, she is now very limited in the foods that she can eat because many foods cause a severe reaction.

For example, the only protein she has found that she can handle is salmon and chicken. I don't want to see my mom so limited in what she can eat for the rest of her life, so I'm hoping Gut Health may be able to help.

Additionally, if anyone has any other supplement/diet recommendations that may help her, please let me know.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RPN reps:

My mother was recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and I'm wondering if Gut Health would be of benefit to her with this condition. Because she doesn't want to take the prescription drugs her doctor recommended, she is now very limited in the foods that she can eat because many foods cause a severe reaction.

For example, the only protein she has found that she can handle is salmon and chicken. I don't want to see my mom so limited in what she can eat for the rest of her life, so I'm hoping Gut Health may be able to help.

Additionally, if anyone has any other supplement/diet recommendations that may help her, please let me know.
I would absolutely have her give it a try. A balanced bacterial flora can certainly decrease some of the symptoms involved and provide a more normal gastro-intestinal transit time. I wish her the best and keep us updated with the results if she decides to try it. :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Was just wondering if Gut Health would help in reducing bloating? I get well bad bloating, actually looks like i'm 9 months pregnant at times.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
John123123 has used it for bloat from certain foods and said it did great for that.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was just wondering if Gut Health would help in reducing bloating? I get well bad bloating, actually looks like i'm 9 months pregnant at times.
Absolutely, bloating can be caused by incomplete digestion, as well as a byproduct of inefficient or even pathogenic bacterial colonies populating the GI Tract.

The strain used in GUT Health is extremely efficient. You should notice a rapid and sustained elimination of bloating, especially from high protein intake.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
ooh goodie :D Cheers for the quick replies! I'll defo be ordering some next month.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Hey,just wondering how long the shelf life is of a bottle? I live in the UK and will be ordering a few bottles to save on postage with the rest of my order from NP. Ta :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey,just wondering how long the shelf life is of a bottle? I live in the UK and will be ordering a few bottles to save on postage with the rest of my order from NP. Ta :)
You should be able to get a good 2-3 years from the manufacturing date. Gut Health was specifically designed to have an effective and lasting shelf life with these very sensitive organisms.

They are suspended in oil in which they continue thrive and proliferate. :)

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
I Bought this product and it's really awesome. You can eat virtually anything (from pizza to an elephant) and your stomach still can easily digest everything.

This is a product that WORKS and DOES what it SAYS Buy it!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I Bought this product and it's really awesome. You can eat virtually anything (from pizza to an elephant) and your stomach still can easily digest everything.

Thank you for the feedback! ;)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Elephant?? You, sir, I want to party with.