Gut Health

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    What are a few signs that the loading phase has been successful?

Also, is gut health affected at all if one eats a high fiber diet (30+ grams a day)?
    During the loading phase you may experience some Gastro-intestinal discomfort. This happens because the probiotic bacteria in Gut Health are fighting for ground in your digestive tract by means of competetively excluding the pathogenic bacteria. After the loading period is over, these symptoms should vanish as the good bacteria take the upper hand within the G.I.tract. This is when all the great benefits of Gut Health begin.

There should be no negative effects on Gut Health if you take in a high fiber diet. If anything, it will assist in regulating a more normal bowel movement pattern.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

2. I'm on my first bottle and LOVING this stuff, my digestion is better, and I have a bit of a cold but it seems to be going away super fast and i didn't get it NEARLY as bad as the ppl i work with, i think it's because i'm still in the loading phase.

On a side note Dsade you ever considered making a probiotic lozenge for colds? I've heard of such a thing before. I actually bit open a Gut Health cap and swished it around in my mouth then swallowed, may sound wacky but we'll see if it helps, lol
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    I'm on my first bottle and LOVING this stuff, my digestion is better, and I have a bit of a cold but it seems to be going away super fast and i didn't get it NEARLY as bad as the ppl i work with, i think it's because i'm still in the loading phase.

On a side note Dsade you ever considered making a probiotic lozenge for colds? I've heard of such a thing before. I actually bit open a Gut Health cap and swished it around in my mouth then swallowed, may sound wacky but we'll see if it helps, lol
    But let us know how that went for you

4. Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    I'm on my first bottle and LOVING this stuff, my digestion is better, and I have a bit of a cold but it seems to be going away super fast and i didn't get it NEARLY as bad as the ppl i work with, i think it's because i'm still in the loading phase.

We actually ARE looking at something like this. Probiotics are proving to be VERY effective at killing (and preventing reproduction of) pathogenic MOUTH bacteria. We are looking at making something like either a lozenge or a tooth "gel" to smear in your mouth before bed. Initial studies show that it prevents the bacteria that cause decay and bad breath during the night from proliferating - meaning you can wake up with fresh breath.
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

5. Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post

Glad to see you are enjoying the effects chaps. I myself have never heard of probiotic lozenges. In all honesty, i'm not sure the theory would hold a lot of merit overall. The immune boosting properties that are noted from Gut Health are due it taking some of the burden off the Immune system as a whole. This allows it to function more efficiently and effectively. Zinc lozenges are really the only lozenge that i've ever read with studies to back it being effective overall in reducing rhino virus symptom duration. This is due to its properties of inhibiting viral replication.

By balancing your intestinal flora, you help alleviate the immune systems intervention to maintain homeostasis which allows it to focus on other potential pathological threats.

Dealing with a virus(Rhino Virus/Cold Virus) can be tricky. Boosting your overall immune systems response is the key to reducing the duration/severity of a viral illness/syndrome.

Edit: This was in response to addressing the viral component of illness. Bacterial is a whole different story.

Legendary

•   

6. Crader: Could you see about a similar product for all the stinky gals out there? : )

Trauma: I'm going to Mexico in June and have heard it's a good idea to load with yogurt before and during the trip for gut protection. Is the same active flora in yogurt the main ingredient in Gut Health? If so, this could be a great supp for anyone going south of the border. (if so, bump this idea to the RPN marketing team!)

7. Quote Originally Posted by jpk View Post
    Crader: Could you see about a similar product for all the stinky gals out there? : )

Trauma: I'm going to Mexico in June and have heard it's a good idea to load with yogurt before and during the trip for gut protection. Is the same active flora in yogurt the main ingredient in Gut Health? If so, this could be a great supp for anyone going south of the border. (if so, bump this idea to the RPN marketing team!)
    Our Gut Health product is equally effective in males as females. Have her give it a try.

I absolutely recommend it my friend. However, avoid the water at all costs! We chose the probiotic bacteria in Gut Health(Lactobacillus Casei Ke-99) for many reasons. The lactobacillus species in general are contained within yougurt. The strain we chose(Lactobacillus Casei Ke-99) has shown through numerous university studies to be superior in attaching within the intestinal tract and producing effective colonization of the probiotic bacteria(essentially this means the bacteria is able to proliferate and multiply reaching levels capable of challenging the pathogenic bacteria for superiority within the G.I Tract.)

I say load up on Gut Health and have fun in mexico!!

Legendary

8. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    But let us know how that went for you
    So far no dice, i'm going to my doctor's tommorow, then mega-dosing Gut Health after i get off the anti-biotics. It's weird i have energy it's just my throat KILLS!

9. Quote Originally Posted by jpk View Post
    Crader: Could you see about a similar product for all the stinky gals out there? : )

Like Trauma mentioned its fine for females to take it. I do!

Chaps hope you feel better soon

10. Quote Originally Posted by jpk View Post
    : )

This is an angle we are taking....as soon as funding permits, we are going to begin marketing GUT health in SkyMall and trying to get it into airport gift shops.

We are also looking to place the product into some of the larger Truck Stop chains, as very few people have as many digestive issues as trucker drivers.

11. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Here's my dilemma now. I've gotten an Rx for Amoxicillen for this Mexico trip. But I'm afraid to take it with the Gut Health because it might just wipe out all the lactobacter bugs I'm trying to grow. How should I approach this?

Should I take the Amoxicillen during the trip, just to be safe against the nasty dysentery bugs? Should I pre-load and post-load with Gut Health and lay off during the trip?

I want to be the tan, muscular guy at the pool. Not the stinky guy with diarrhea!:bb2:

12. Quote Originally Posted by jpk View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Here's my dilemma now. I've gotten an Rx for Amoxicillen for this Mexico trip. But I'm afraid to take it with the Gut Health because it might just wipe out all the lactobacter bugs I'm trying to grow. How should I approach this?

Should I take the Amoxicillen during the trip, just to be safe against the nasty dysentery bugs? Should I pre-load and post-load with Gut Health and lay off during the trip?

I want to be the tan, muscular guy at the pool. Not the stinky guy with diarrhea!:bb2:
    To be completely honest, the odds are MUCH more likely that any illness that you could aquire would most likely be a viral gastroenteritis(stomach flu), thus antibiotics would be completely pointless. Just take your gut health daily and have a good time. Gut Health won't let you down.....not even in mexico!

Legendary

13. RPN reps:

My mother was recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and I'm wondering if Gut Health would be of benefit to her with this condition. Because she doesn't want to take the prescription drugs her doctor recommended, she is now very limited in the foods that she can eat because many foods cause a severe reaction.

For example, the only protein she has found that she can handle is salmon and chicken. I don't want to see my mom so limited in what she can eat for the rest of her life, so I'm hoping Gut Health may be able to help.

Additionally, if anyone has any other supplement/diet recommendations that may help her, please let me know.

14. Quote Originally Posted by bg5757 View Post
    RPN reps:

My mother was recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and I'm wondering if Gut Health would be of benefit to her with this condition. Because she doesn't want to take the prescription drugs her doctor recommended, she is now very limited in the foods that she can eat because many foods cause a severe reaction.

For example, the only protein she has found that she can handle is salmon and chicken. I don't want to see my mom so limited in what she can eat for the rest of her life, so I'm hoping Gut Health may be able to help.

Additionally, if anyone has any other supplement/diet recommendations that may help her, please let me know.
    I would absolutely have her give it a try. A balanced bacterial flora can certainly decrease some of the symptoms involved and provide a more normal gastro-intestinal transit time. I wish her the best and keep us updated with the results if she decides to try it.

Legendary

15. Was just wondering if Gut Health would help in reducing bloating? I get well bad bloating, actually looks like i'm 9 months pregnant at times.

16. John123123 has used it for bloat from certain foods and said it did great for that.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Was just wondering if Gut Health would help in reducing bloating? I get well bad bloating, actually looks like i'm 9 months pregnant at times.
    Absolutely, bloating can be caused by incomplete digestion, as well as a byproduct of inefficient or even pathogenic bacterial colonies populating the GI Tract.

The strain used in GUT Health is extremely efficient. You should notice a rapid and sustained elimination of bloating, especially from high protein intake.

18. ooh goodie Cheers for the quick replies! I'll defo be ordering some next month.

19. When will this be back at Nutra?

20. Quote Originally Posted by ebpd201 View Post
    When will this be back at Nutra?
    should be back in stock Friday or Monday latest.

21. Hey,just wondering how long the shelf life is of a bottle? I live in the UK and will be ordering a few bottles to save on postage with the rest of my order from NP. Ta

22. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Hey,just wondering how long the shelf life is of a bottle? I live in the UK and will be ordering a few bottles to save on postage with the rest of my order from NP. Ta
    You should be able to get a good 2-3 years from the manufacturing date. Gut Health was specifically designed to have an effective and lasting shelf life with these very sensitive organisms.

They are suspended in oil in which they continue thrive and proliferate.

Legendary

23. I Bought this product and it's really awesome. You can eat virtually anything (from pizza to an elephant) and your stomach still can easily digest everything.

This is a product that WORKS and DOES what it SAYS Buy it!

24. Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post
    I Bought this product and it's really awesome. You can eat virtually anything (from pizza to an elephant) and your stomach still can easily digest everything.

Thank you for the feedback!

Legendary

25. Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post
    I Bought this product and it's really awesome. You can eat virtually anything (from pizza to an elephant) and your stomach still can easily digest everything.

Elephant?? You, sir, I want to party with.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gut Health?
    By R_Alan1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 12:27 AM
  2. Gut Health?
    By colkurtz_spf in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 02:30 PM
  3. RPN Gut Health
    By glsa17 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 12:18 AM
  4. RPN Gut Health
    By glsa17 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 02:49 PM
  5. Delay on orders with Poseiden or GUT Health?
    By JJC in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 10:47 AM