ThermoGum meets Cedar Point: An acrophobics review.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes it's interesting how things work out. Since summer is coming to an end and we've somewhat neglected the kid-activities due to workload, we decided to head off to Cedar Point for a wild weekend. I'm not the best sleeper in the world, so Sunday morning Christine and I both were exhausted. Ate breakfast then hit the park with an Early Admission ticket.

I popped a piece of ThermoGum as we headed in, and we went first on a smaller ride, called Iron Dragon... nice enjoyable little clip. The ThermoGum started hitting pretty good, and we discovered that our 8 year old was JUST tall enough (first year ever) to ride some of the badass rides. The girls chickened out, but the 3 of us headed to Milennium Force - a wild, wicked bastard of a ride with a HUGE hill/drop.

Now, some background...I am POTENTLY acrophobic. Since college , I've been doing things to desensitize, with decent success - bungee jumping, rollercoasters, drops...I even dated a girl over 6 feet tall once.

So anyway, we hit the ride and started up the first monster hill (310 feet). there is no guard railing and the ride is designed for LACK of side handles or anything o stabilize yourself in. I'm a lot bigger than I've ever been, and found the leg restraint bar hitting my mid thigh and unable to go down anymore.

While the child was screaming in glee, I found my own adrenaline response was WAY WAY WAY out of whack. It hit me about halfway up that the ThermoGum's adrenergic response was tipping me OVER the edge and that panic was looming somewhat. At the same time, what an amazing rush. UNable to even form a scream going down the past vertical drop I just sort of wagged my jaws up and down - both completely exhilerated and trying not to freak.

Anyway, it took a good 2 hours to completely calm down (yep, went on rides the whole time) but when it did, the rest of the day was a complete blast!

I would recommend this combo to the daredevils out there, who want to amplify the adrenaline, and I want to caution those similar to me to be careful.

rob561

rob561

Awards
  • Established
i can only imagine!! i love roller coasters. that reminds me, i never got my sample of thermogum

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Auction 0
EMPIREMIND Evomuse 15
dsade Evomuse 24
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0